School Characteristics and the Demand for College
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- MacKinnon, James G. & White, Halbert & Davidson, Russell, 1983.
"Tests for model specification in the presence of alternative hypotheses : Some further results,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, pages 53-70.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1981. "Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses: Some Further Results," Working Papers 430, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Bera, Anil K. & Jarque, Carlos M., 1982. "Model specification tests : A simultaneous approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 59-82, October.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Gintis, Herbert, 1971. "Education, Technology, and the Characteristics of Worker Productivity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(2), pages 266-279, May.
- Tucker, Irvin III & Amato, Louis, 1993. "Does big-time success in football or basketball affect SAT scores?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 177-181, June.
- Tierney, Michael L., 1982. "The impact of institutional net price on student demand for public and private higher education," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 363-383, August.
- Savoca, Elizabeth, 1990. "Another look at the demand for higher education: Measuring the price sensitivity of the decision to apply to college," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 123-134, June.
- Murphy, Robert G. & Trandel, Gregory A., 1994. "The relation between a university's football record and the size of its applicant pool," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 265-270, September.
- McCormick, Robert E & Tensley, Maurice, 1987. "Athletics versus Academics? Evidence from SAT Scores," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(5), pages 1103-1116, October.
- Michael Spence, 1973. "Job Market Signaling," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(3), pages 355-374.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Rizzo & Ronald G. Ehrenberg, 2004.
"Resident and Nonresident Tuition and Enrollment at Flagship State Universities,"
NBER Chapters,in: College Choices: The Economics of Where to Go, When to Go, and How to Pay For It, pages 303-354
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael J. Rizzo & Ronald G. Ehrenberg, 2003. "Resident and Nonresident Tuition and Enrollment at Flagship State Universities," NBER Working Papers 9516, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Caroline Elliott & Kwok Tong Soo, 2012. "The International Market for MBA Qualifications," Working Papers 24284581, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Jepsen, Christopher & Montgomery, Mark, 2009.
"Miles to go before I learn: The effect of travel distance on the mature person's choice of a community college,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 64-73, January.
- Christopher Jepsen & Mark Montgomery, 2009. "Miles to go before I learn: The effect of travel distance on the mature person's choice of a community college," Open Access publications 10197/4443, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Montgomery, Mark, 2002. "A nested logit model of the choice of a graduate business school," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 471-480, October.
- Buss, Christian & Parker, Jeffrey & Rivenburg, Jon, 2004. "Cost, quality and enrollment demand at liberal arts colleges," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 57-65, February.
- Elliott, Caroline & Soo, Kwok Tong, 2013. "The international market for MBA qualifications: The relationship between tuition fees and applications," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 162-174.
- Havranek, Tomas & Irsova, Zuzana & Zeynalova, Olesia, 2017. "Tuition Reduces Enrollment Less Than Commonly Thought," MPRA Paper 78813, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordscollge; demand; education;
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwphe:9609001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .