The role of the sub-national public sector in the stabilization function: Evidence from the Colombian case for the period 1990-2001
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard M. Bird & Roy Bahl, 2008.
"Subnational Taxes in Developing Countries: The Way Forward,"
Working Papers Series
16, Rotman Institute for International Business, Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, revised Aug 2008.
- Richard.M. Bird & Roy Bahl, 2009. "Subnational Taxes in Developing Countries: The Way Forward," Working Papers id:2072, eSocialSciences.
- Aurélie Cassette & Sonia Paty, 2010.
"Fiscal decentralization and the size of government: a European country empirical analysis,"
Springer, vol. 143(1), pages 173-189, April.
- Sonia Paty & Aurélie Cassette, 2009. "Fiscal Decentralization and the Size of Government: A European Country Empirical Analysis," Post-Print halshs-00418861, HAL.
- Jin, Jing & Zou, Heng-fu, 2002.
"How does fiscal decentralization affect aggregate, national, and subnational government size?,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 270-293, September.
- Jing Jin & Heng-fu Zou, 2000. "How does fiscal decentralization affect aggregate, national, and subnational government size?," CEMA Working Papers 72, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Masson, Paul R, 1998.
"Liability-Creating versus Non-liability-Creating Fiscal Stabilisation Policies: Ricardian Equivalence, Fiscal Stabilisation, and EMU,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(449), pages 1026-1045, July.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Masson, Paul R, 1998. "Liability-Creating Versus Non-Liability-Creating Fiscal Stabilization Policies: Ricardian Equivalence, Fiscal Stabilization and EMU," CEPR Discussion Papers 1984, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Paul R Masson & Tamim Bayoumi, 1998. "Liability-Creating Versus Non-Liability-Creating Fiscal Stabilization Policies; Ricardian Equivalence, Fiscal Stabilization, and EMU," IMF Working Papers 98/112, International Monetary Fund.
- Ignacio Lozano & Jorge Ramos & Hernán Rincón, 2007.
"Implicaciones Fiscales y Sectoriales de la Reforma a las transferencias Territoriales en Colombia,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
002816, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Igancio Lozano & Jorge Ramos & Hernán Rincón, 2007. "Implicaciones Fiscales y Sectoriales de la Reforma a las Transferencias Territoriales en Colombia," Borradores de Economia 437, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- repec:idb:brikps:62118 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lawrence Christiano & Martin Eichenbaum & Sergio Rebelo, 2011.
"When Is the Government Spending Multiplier Large?,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 119(1), pages 78-121.
- Lawrence Christiano & Martin Eichenbaum & Sergio Rebelo, 2009. "When is the government spending multiplier large?," NBER Working Papers 15394, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Martin Eichenbaum & Sergio Rebelo, 2010. "When is the government spending multiplier large?," FRB Atlanta CQER Working Paper 2010-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Feltenstein, Andrew & Iwata, Shigeru, 2005. "Decentralization and macroeconomic performance in China: regional autonomy has its costs," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 481-501, April.
- Faguet, Jean-Paul, 2014.
"Decentralization and Governance,"
Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 2-13.
- Jean-Paul Faguet, 2011. "Decentralization And Governance," STICERD - Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers Series 027, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Melo, Ligia, 2002. "The Flypaper Effect under Different Institutional Contexts: The Colombian Case," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 111(3-4), pages 317-345, June.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Masson, Paul R., 1995.
"Fiscal flows in the United States and Canada: Lessons for monetary union in Europe,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 253-274, February.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Masson, Paul R, 1994. "Fiscal Flows in the United States and Canada: Lessons for Monetary Union in Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 1057, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Giovanni Peri, 1998. "Regional non-adjustment and fiscal policy," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 13(26), pages 205-259, April.
- Roberto Junguito & Ligia A. Melo & Martha A. Misas, 1995.
"Descentralización y Finanzas Públicas: Colombia,"
ENSAYOS SOBRE POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA,
BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ESPE, vol. 14(27), pages 7-38, July.
- Roberto Junguito B. & Ligia A. Melo B. & Martha A. Misas A., 1995. "Descentralización y Finanzas Públicas: Colombia 1967-1994," Ensayos sobre Política Económica, Banco de la Republica de Colombia, vol. 14(27), pages 7-38, Junio.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:99:y:2005:i:03:p:327-346_05 is not listed on IDEAS
- Melitz, Jacques & Zumer, Frederic, 2002. "Regional redistribution and stabilization by the center in Canada, France, the UK and the US:: A reassessment and new tests," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 263-286, November.
More about this item
KeywordsFiscal decentralization; stabilization; intergovernmental transfers; sub- national governments;
- H7 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
- E6 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:col:000443:014134. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.