Liability-Creating Versus Non-Liability-Creating Fiscal Stabilization Policies: Ricardian Equivalence, Fiscal Stabilization and EMU
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Masson, Paul R, 1998. "Liability-Creating versus Non-liability-Creating Fiscal Stabilisation Policies: Ricardian Equivalence, Fiscal Stabilisation, and EMU," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(449), pages 1026-1045, July.
- Paul R Masson & Tamim Bayoumi, 1998. "Liability-Creating Versus Non-Liability-Creating Fiscal Stabilization Policies; Ricardian Equivalence, Fiscal Stabilization, and EMU," IMF Working Papers 98/112, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alberto Majocchi, 2008. "Theories of fiscal federalism and the European experience," ISAE Working Papers 100, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
- Rosenblatt, David & Webb, Steven B & González, Christian Y, 2003. "Stabilizing intergovernmental transfers in Latin America: a complement to national," Sede de la CEPAL en Santiago (Estudios e Investigaciones) 34927, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Kenen, Peter B., 2000.
"Currency areas, policy domains, and the institutionalization of fixed exchange rates,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
20170, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Peter B. Kenen, 2000. "Currency Areas, Policy Domains, and the Institutionalization of Fixed Exchange Rates," CEP Discussion Papers dp0467, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Wagner, Gary A., 2003. "Are state budget stabilization funds only the illusion of savings?: Evidence from stationary panel data," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 213-238.
- Becerra, Ligia Melo, 2004. "Intergovernmental fiscal relations : the Colombian case," Economics PhD Theses 0304, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Tigran Poghosyan & Abdelhak S Senhadji & Carlo Cottarelli, 2016.
"The Role of Fiscal Transfers in Smoothing Regional Shocks; Evidence from Existing Federations,"
IMF Working Papers
16/141, International Monetary Fund.
- Tigran Poghosyan & Abdelhak Senhadji & Carlo Cottarelli, 2016. "The Role of Fiscal Transfers in Smoothing Regional Shocks: Evidence from Existing Federations," Working Papers 18, European Stability Mechanism.
- Gianluigi Giorgioni & Ken Holden, 2003. "Ricardian equivalence, expansionary fiscal contraction and the stock market: a VECM approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(12), pages 1435-1443.
- Pierfederico Asdrubali & Soyoung Kim, 2008.
"The Economic Effects of the EU Budget: A VAR Analysis,"
Journal of Common Market Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46, pages 933-968, December.
- Pierfederico Asdrubali & Soyoung Kim, 2007. "The Economic Effects of the EU Budget: A VAR Analysis," Discussion Paper Series 0722, Institute of Economic Research, Korea University.
- Etienne Farvaque & Florence Huart, 2017.
"A policymaker’s guide to a Euro area stabilization fund,"
Economia Politica: Journal of Analytical and Institutional Economics,
Springer;Fondazione Edison, vol. 34(1), pages 11-30, April.
- Etienne Farvaque & Florence Huart, 2016. "A policymaker's guide to a Euro area stabilization fund," Post-Print hal-01526022, HAL.
- Lenaerts, Karolien & Paquier, Félix & Simonetta, Suzanne, 2017. "Unemployment Insurance in America: A model for Europe?," CEPS Papers 12684, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Tomas Wroblowsky, 2007. "Explaining the Variability of Debt Neutrality Tests Results: A Meta-Analysis of Ricardian Equivalence," South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics, Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region, vol. 5(1), pages 7-24.
- Fatas, Antonio & Mihov, Ilian, 2001.
"Government size and automatic stabilizers: international and intranational evidence,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 3-28, October.
- Fatás, Antonio & Mihov, Ilian, 1999. "Government Size and Automatic Stabilizers: International and Intranational Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 2259, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jha, Raghbendra, 2001.
"Macroeconomics of Fiscal Policy in Developing Countries,"
Departmental Working Papers
2001-05, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Jha, Raghbendra, 2001. "Macroeconomics of Fiscal Policy in Developing Countries," WIDER Working Paper Series 071, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Muhammad Afzal, 2012. "Ricardian equivalence hypothesis: Evidence from Pakistan," E3 Journal of Business Management and Economics., E3 Journals, vol. 3(6), pages 258-265.
- Gonzalez, Christian Y. & Rosenblatt, David & Webb, Steven B., 2002. "Stabilizing intergovernmental transfers in Latin America : a complement to national/subnational fiscal rules?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2869, The World Bank.
- Ligia Alba Melo-Becerra, 2015. "The role of the sub-national public sector in the stabilization function: Evidence from the Colombian case for the period 1990-2001," REVISTA FINANZAS Y POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA, UNIVERSIDAD CATOLICA DE COLOMBIA, vol. 7(2), pages 299-324, July.
- Fritz Breuss, 2012. "Towards a New EMU," WIFO Working Papers 447, WIFO.
- Thomas Uril, 2001. "Avoiding excessive deficits with fiscal coordination light," Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer;German National Library of Economics;Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), vol. 36(6), pages 281-285, November.
- Casimir Dadak, 2011. "Political Economy of the Euro Area Crisis," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 58(5), pages 593-604, December.
More about this item
KeywordsFiscal Stabilization; levels of government; Ricardian Equivalence;
- E63 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Comparative or Joint Analysis of Fiscal and Monetary Policy; Stabilization; Treasury Policy
- H31 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Household
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:1984. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.