L'étude du lien entre cycle et saisonnalité sur un marché immobilier résidentiel. Le cas de l'habitat ancien à Bordeaux
The seasonality of the real-estate market is a recognized phenomenon although little studied, notably in its relation with the real estate cycle. By using a database on the real estate transactions of the City of Bordeaux, we investigate here the links between the movements of the cycle and the modifications of the seasonality of the prices for the whole market and by type of possessions. This descriptive approach allows us to pose the bases of a more relevant modelling of the price series.
Volume (Year): décembre (2010)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-d-economie-regionale-et-urbaine.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jim Clayton, 1996. "Rational Expectations, Market Fundamentals and Housing Price Volatility," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 24(4), pages 441-470.
- Capozza, Dennis R. & Seguin, Paul J., 1996.
"Expectations, efficiency, and euphoria in the housing market,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3-4), pages 369-386, June.
- Dennis R. Capozza & Paul J. Seguin, 1995. "Expectations, Efficiency, and Euphoria in the Housing Market," NBER Working Papers 5179, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hylleberg, Svend & Jorgensen, Clara & Sorensen, Nils Karl, 1993. "Seasonality in Macroeconomic Time Series," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 321-335.
- Karl E. Case, 1992. "The Real Estate Cycle and the Economy: Consequences of the Massachusetts Boom of 1984-87," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 29(2), pages 171-183, April.
- Karl E. Case, 1991. "The real estate cycle and the economy: consequences of the Massachusetts boom of 1984-87," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Sep, pages 37-46.
- Beaulieu, J Joseph & Miron, Jeffrey A, 1992. "A Cross Country Comparison of Seasonal Cycles and Business Cycles," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(413), pages 772-788, July.
- Miron, J.A., 1988. "A Cross-Country Comparaison Of Seasonal Cycles And Business Cycles," Papers 89-07, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- J. Joseph Beaulieu & Jeffrey A. Miron, 1990. "A Cross Country Comparison of Seasonal Cycles and Business Cycles," NBER Working Papers 3459, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- J. Joseph Beaulieu & Jeffrey A. Miron, 1991. "A Cross Country Comparison of Seasonal Cycles and Business Cycles," Papers 0011, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Case, Karl E & Shiller, Robert J, 1989. "The Efficiency of the Market for Single-Family Homes," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 125-137, March.
- Karl E. Case & Robert J. Shiller, 1988. "The Efficiency of the Market for Single-Family Homes," NBER Working Papers 2506, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Franses, Philip Hans, 1996. " Recent Advances in Modelling Seasonality," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(3), pages 299-345, September.
- Valérie Chauvin & Sabine Le Bayon, 2005. "Logements : sommets atteints?," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/2823, Sciences Po.
- François Ortalo-Magné & Sven Rady, 2006. "Housing Market Dynamics: On the Contribution of Income Shocks and Credit Constraints ," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 73(2), pages 459-485.
- Sven Rady, 2001. "Housing Market Dynamics: on the Contribution of Income Shocks and Credit Constraints," FMG Discussion Papers dp375, Financial Markets Group.
- François Ortalo-Magné & Sven Rady, 2002. "Housing Market Dynamics: On the Contribution of Income Shocks and Credit Constraints," Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers 02-01, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research.
- Ortalo-Magné, François & Rady, Sven, 2005. "Housing Market Dynamics: On the Contribution of Income Shocks and Credit Constraint," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 50, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Ortalo-Magné, François & Rady, Sven, 2001. "Housing Market Dynamics: On the Contribution of Income Shocks and Credit Constraints," CEPR Discussion Papers 3015, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sven Rady & François Ortalo-Magné, 2001. "Housing Market Dynamics: On the Contribution of Income Shocks and Credit Constraints," CESifo Working Paper Series 470, CESifo Group Munich.
- Leslie Rosenthal, 2006. "Efficiency and Seasonality in the UK Housing Market, 1991-2001," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 68(3), pages 289-317, 06.
- Leslie Rosenthal, 2004. "Efficiency and seasonality in the UK housing market, 1991-2001," Keele Economics Research Papers KERP 2004/05, Centre for Economic Research, Keele University.
- Fabrice Barthélémy, 1997. "Tests de racines unitaires multiples et saisonnalité," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 48(3), pages 673-683.
- F. Barthélémy, 1997. "Tests de racines unitaires multiples et saisonnalité," THEMA Working Papers 97-04, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Martin Hoesli & Bernard Thion & Craig Watkins, 1997. "A hedonic investigation of the rental value of apartments in central Bordeaux," Journal of Property Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 15-26, January.
- Krainer, John, 2001. "A Theory of Liquidity in Residential Real Estate Markets," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 32-53, January.
- Ortalo-Magné, François & Rady, Sven, 2005. "Housing Market Dynamics: On the Contribution of Income Shocks and Credit Constraints (Revised Version)," Discussion Papers in Economics 494, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Vincent Renard, 1996. "Quelques caractéristiques des marchés fonciers et immobiliers," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 294(1), pages 89-97.
- Kuo, Chiong-Long, 1996. "Serial Correlation and Seasonality in the Real Estate Market," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 139-162, March.
- Lecat, R. & Mésonnier, J-S., 2005. "Dynamique des prix des logements : quel rôle des facteurs financiers ?," Bulletin de la Banque de France, Banque de France, issue 133, pages 29-47.
- Didier Cornuel, 1999. "L'hypothèse de bulle immobilière," Revue de l'OFCE, Programme National Persée, vol. 70(1), pages 155-191.
- Hylleberg, S. (ed.), 1992. "Modelling Seasonality," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198773184, April.
- Gordon W. Crawford & Michael C. Fratantoni, 2003. "Assessing the Forecasting Performance of Regime-Switching, ARIMA and GARCH Models of House Prices," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 31(2), pages 223-243, 06. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cai:rerarc:reru_105_0937. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.