Recent Advances in Modelling Seasonality
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fisher, Franklin M. & Shell, Karl, 1972. "The Economic Theory of Price Indices," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 1, number 9780122577505 edited by Shell, Karl.
- R. Mark Rogers & Steven W. Henderson & Daniel H. Ginsburg, 1993. "Consumer prices: examining housing rental components," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue May, pages 32-46.
- Reinsdorf, Marshall, 1994. "The Effect of Price Dispersion on Cost of Living Indexes," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(1), pages 137-149, February.
- Tullock, Gordon, 1979. "When Is Inflation Not Inflation: A Note," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 11(2), pages 219-221, May.
- Domberger, Simon, 1987. "Relative Price Variability and Inflation: A Disaggregated Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(3), pages 547-566, June.
- Randolph, William C, 1988. "Housing Depreciation and Aging Bias in the Consumer Price Index," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 6(3), pages 359-371, July.
- Donald Siegel, 1991. "Errors in Output Deflators Revisited: Unit Values and the PPI," NBER Working Papers 3935, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Noe, Nicholas N & von Furstenberg, George M, 1972. "The Upward Bias in the Consumer Price Index due to Substitution," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(6), pages 1280-1286, Nov.-Dec..
- George J. Stigler & James K. Kindahl, 1970. "The Behavior of Industrial Prices," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number stig70-1, January.
- Triplett, Jack E & McDonald, Richard J, 1977. "Assessing the Quality Error in Output Measures: The Case of Refrigerators," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 23(2), pages 137-156, June.
- Diewert, W. E., 1976. "Exact and superlative index numbers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 115-145, May.
- Joseph F. Francois, 1989. "Estimating Homeownership Costs: Owners' Estimates of Implicit Rents and the Relative Importance of Rental Equivalence in the Consumer Price Index," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 17(1), pages 87-99.
- Pollak, Robert A., 1989. "The Theory of the Cost-of-Living Index," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195058703.
- Lichtenberg, Frank R & Griliches, Zvi, 1989. "Errors of Measurement in Output Deflators," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 7(1), pages 1-9, January.
- Manser, Marilyn E & McDonald, Richard J, 1988. "An Analysis of Substitution Bias in Measuring Inflation, 1959-85," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(4), pages 909-930, July.
- Gordon, Robert J, 1971. "Measurement Bias in Price Indexes for Capital Goods," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 17(2), pages 121-174, June.
- Kokoski, Mary F, 1987. "Problems in the Measurement of Consumer Cost-of-Living Indexes," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 5(1), pages 39-46, January.
- Milton Friedman & Anna J. Schwartz, 1982. "Monetary Trends in the United States and United Kingdom: Their Relation to Income, Prices, and Interest Rates, 1867–1975," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie82-2, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- De Gooijer, Jan G. & Franses, Philip Hans, 1997. "Forecasting and seasonality," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 303-305, September.
- Swanson, Norman R. & Urbach, Richard, 2015.
"Prediction and simulation using simple models characterized by nonstationarity and seasonality,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 312-323.
- Norman Swanson & Richard Urbach, 2013. "Prediction and Simulation Using Simple Models Characterized by Nonstationarity and Seasonality," Departmental Working Papers 201323, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Bohl, Martin T., 2000. "Nonstationary stochastic seasonality and the German M2 money demand function," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 61-70, January.
- repec:erh:journl:v:9:y:2017:i:2:p:37-49 is not listed on IDEAS
- Emanuela Marrocu, 2006. "An Investigation of the Effects of Data Transformation on Nonlinearity," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 801-820, November.
- Ooms, M. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F., 1998. "A seasonal periodic long memory model for monthly river flows," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 9842, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Wells, J. M., 1997. "Modelling seasonal patterns and long-run trends in U.S. time series," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 407-420, September.
- Philip Hans Franses & Yoshinori Kawasaki, 2004. "Do seasonal unit roots matter for forecasting monthly industrial production?," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(2), pages 77-88.
- Hecq, Alain, 1998. "Does seasonal adjustment induce common cycles?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 289-297, June.
- Paulo Rodrigues & Philip Hans Franses, 2005.
"A sequential approach to testing seasonal unit roots in high frequency data,"
Journal of Applied Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(6), pages 555-569.
- Rodrigues, P.M.M. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F., 2003. "A sequential approach to testing seasonal unit roots in high frequency data," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2003-14, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Albertson, Kevin & Aylen, Jonathan, 1999. "Forecasting using a periodic transfer function: with an application to the UK price of ferrous scrap," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 409-419, October.
- Zhang, G. Peter & Qi, Min, 2005. "Neural network forecasting for seasonal and trend time series," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 160(2), pages 501-514, January.
- Evans, Mark, 2006. "A study of the relationship between regional ferrous scrap prices in the USA, 1958-2004," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 65-77, June.
- Mendez Parra, Maximiliano, 2015. "Seasonal Unit Roots and Structural Breaks in agricultural time series: Monthly exports and domestic supply in Argentina," MPRA Paper 63831, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 06 Apr 2015.
- Yoshinori Kawasaki, 1996. "A Model Selection Approach to detect Seasonal Unit Roots," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 96-180/7, Tinbergen Institute.
- Jorge Ridderstaat & Peter Nijkamp, 2013. "Measuring Pattern, Amplitude and Timing Differences between Monetary and Non-Monetary Seasonal Factors of Tourism - the Case of Aruba," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-116/VIII, Tinbergen Institute, revised 05 Sep 2013.
- Méndez Parra, Maximiliano, 2015. "Futures prices, trade and domestic supply of agricultural commodities," Economics PhD Theses 0115, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Marta Skrzypczyńska, 2014. "Cyclical Processes in the Polish Economy," Central European Journal of Economic Modelling and Econometrics, CEJEME, vol. 6(3), pages 153-192, September.
- Clements, Michael P. & Hendry, David F., 1997. "An empirical study of seasonal unit roots in forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 341-355, September.
- Benoit Faye & Éric Le Fur, 2010. "L'étude du lien entre cycle et saisonnalité sur un marché immobilier résidentiel. Le cas de l'habitat ancien à Bordeaux," Revue d'économie régionale et urbaine, Armand Colin, vol. 0(5), pages 937-965.
- Yoshinori Kawasaki & Philip Hans Franses, 2003. "Detecting seasonal unit roots in a structural time series model," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(4), pages 373-387.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jecsur:v:10:y:1996:i:3:p:299-345. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0950-0804 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.