Les changements organisationnels, l'informatisation des entreprises et le travail des salariés. Un exercice de mesure à partir de données couplées entreprises/salariés
In this paper, we try to characterise organisational changes and computerisation processes in French manufacturing firms during the nineties, taking their diversity into account. We also explore the relationships that link them with workers job contents. To achieve this aim, we use the numerous information given by the employer and employee sections of the 1997 c.o.i. survey for a sample of 3,286�firms matched with a sample of 2,612�blue collars workers and a sample of 1,162�technicians and supervisors. Classification JEL�: D23, L23, O33, C81.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ichniowski, Casey & Shaw, Kathryn & Prennushi, Giovanna, 1997. "The Effects of Human Resource Management Practices on Productivity: A Study of Steel Finishing Lines," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(3), pages 291-313, June.
- Nathalie Greenan, 2003. "Organisational change, technology, employment and skills: an empirical study of French manufacturing," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(2), pages 287-316, March.
- Kochan, Thomas A., 1996. "What works at work : overview and assessment," Working papers 3886-96., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Nick Bloom & John Van Reenen, 2006.
"Measuring and Explaining Management Practices Across Firms and Countries,"
NBER Working Papers
12216, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicholas Bloom & John Van Reenen, 2007. "Measuring and Explaining Management Practices Across Firms and Countries," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 122(4), pages 1351-1408, November.
- Nick Bloom & John Van Reenen, 2006. "Measuring and Explaining Management Practices Across Firms and Countries," CEP Discussion Papers dp0716, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Nick Bloom & John Van Reenen, 2006. "Measuring and explaining management practices across firms and countries," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 733, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bloom, Nicholas & Van Reenen, John, 2006. "Measuring and Explaining Management Practices Across Firms and Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 5581, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nathalie Greenan & Dominique Guellec, 1998. "Firm Organization, Technology And Performance: An Empirical Study," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(4), pages 313-347.
- Michel Gollac & Nathalie Greenan & Sylvie Hamon-Cholet, 2000. "L'informatisation de l'« ancienne » économie : nouvelles machines, nouvelles organisations et nouveaux travailleurs," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 339(1), pages 171-201.
- Jacques Mairesse & Nathalie Greenan, 1999.
"Using Employee Level Data in a Firm Level Econometric Study,"
NBER Working Papers
7028, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nathalie Greenan & Jacques Mairesse, 1999. "Using Employee Level Data in a Firm Level Econometric Study," CIRANO Working Papers 99s-12, CIRANO.
- Eve Caroli & John Van Reenen, 2001.
"Skill-Biased Organizational Change? Evidence From A Panel Of British And French Establishments,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 116(4), pages 1449-1492, November.
- Van Reenen, John & Caroli, Eve, 2001. "Skill-Biased Organizational Change? Evidence from a panel of British and French establishments," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/10093, Paris Dauphine University.
- Caroli, Eve & Van Reenen, John, 1999. "Skill biased organizational change? Evidence from a panel of British and French establishments," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9917, CEPREMAP.
- Paul Osterman, 1994. "How common is workplace transformation and who adopts it?," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 47(2), pages 173-188, January.
- Nathalie Greenan & Jacques Mairesse, 1999. "Organizational Change in French Manufacturing: What Do We Learn From Firm Representatives and From Their Employees?," NBER Working Papers 7285, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cai:recosp:reco_576_1137. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.