International Trade And Foreign Direct Investment: Substitutes Or Complements?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Marchant, Mary A. & Cornell, Dyana N. & Koo, Won, 2002. "International Trade and Foreign Direct Investment: Substitutes or Complements?," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(02), pages 289-302, August.
References listed on IDEAS
- Edmondson, William & Jones, Veronica, 2001. "Processed Food Trade Deficit Continues in 2000," Food Review: The Magazine of Food Economics, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, vol. 24(3).
- Daniel Pick & Utpal Vasavada, 1998. "Exchange Rate Effects on the Relationship between FDI and Trade in the U.S. Food Processing Industry," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1073-1079.
- Marchant, Mary A. & Saghaian, Sayed H. & Vickner, Steven S., 1999. "Trade And Foreign Direct Investment Management Strategies For U.S. Processed Food Firms In China," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 2(02).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:wfo:wstudy:39891 is not listed on IDEAS
- Raphaël Chiappini, 2016.
"Do overseas investments create or replace trade? New insights from a macro-sectoral study on Japan,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(3), pages 403-425, June.
- Raphaël Chiappini, 2013. "Do Overseas Investments Create or Replace Trade? New insights from a Macro-Sectoral Study on Japan," GREDEG Working Papers 2013-24, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, revised Mar 2014.
- Raphaël Chiappini, 2016. "Do overseas investments create or replace trade? New insights from a macro-sectoral study on Japan," Post-Print hal-01219520, HAL.
- Raphaël Chiappini, 2013. "Do Overseas investments create or replace trade? New insights from a macro-sectoral study on Japan," Post-Print hal-00857203, HAL.
- Raphaël Chiappini, 2013. "Do Overseas investments create or replace trade? New insights from a macro-sectoral study on Japan," Post-Print hal-00857199, HAL.
- Bolling, Christine & Shane, Mathew & Roe, Terry, 2007.
"Exchange Rates and U.S. Foreign Direct Investment in the Global Processed Food Industry,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(02), pages 230-238, October.
- Bolling, H. Christine & Shane, Mathew & Roe, Terry L., 2007. "Exchange Rates and U.S. Foreign Direct Investment in the Global Processed Food Industry," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 36(2), October.
- Garcia-Fuentes, Pablo A. & Kennedy, P. Lynn & Ferreira, Gustavo F.C., 2013. "U.S. Foreign Direct Investment in Latin America and the Caribbean: A case of Remittances and Market Size," 2013 Annual Meeting, February 2-5, 2013, Orlando, Florida 142985, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Luljeta Hajderllari & Kostas Karantininis & Lartey G. Lawson, 2012. "FDI as an Export-Platform: A Gravity Model for the Danish Agri-Food Industry," IFRO Working Paper 2012/7, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Ronny Thomas & K. Narayanan, 2016. "Outward FDI, Exports and Technological Efforts: A Study of Indian Manufacturing Firms," Working Papers id:11383, eSocialSciences.
- Asgari, Mahdi, 2016. "U.S. Food Manufacturing Industry: The Choice of Exports vs. FDI," 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas 230135, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Martin Falk & Mariya Hake, 2008. "A Panel Data Analysis on FDI and Exports," FIW Research Reports series I-012, FIW.
- Shu-Chen Chang, 2005. "The dynamic interactions among foreign direct investment, economic growth, exports and unemployment: evidence from Taiwan," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 235-256, December.
- Cuyvers, Ludo & Soeng, Reth & Plasmans, Joseph & Van Den Bulcke, Daniel, 2011. "Determinants of foreign direct investment in Cambodia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 222-234, June.
- CUYVERS, Ludo & PLASMANS, Joseph & SOENG, Reth & VAN DEN BULCKE, Daniël, 2008. "Determinants of foreign direct investment in Cambodia: Country-specific factor differentials," Working Papers 2008003, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Furtan, William Hartley & Holzman, J.J., 2004. "The Effect of FDI on Agriculture and Food Trade: An Empirical Analysis 1987-2001," Agriculture and Rural Working Paper Series 28037, Statistics Canada.
- Raphaël Chiappini, 2013. "Do Overseas investments create or replace trade? New insights from a macro-sectoral study on Japan," Working Papers hal-00854109, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsEast Asia; exports; foreign direct investment; international trade; processed foods; International Relations/Trade; F47; Q17; C3; F17;
- F47 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
- C3 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables
- F17 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Forecasting and Simulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:joaaec:15471. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/saeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.