Trade And Foreign Direct Investment Management Strategies For U.S. Processed Food Firms In China
This research examines the relationship between U.S. foreign direct investment (FDI) and exports of processed foods to China and identifies management strategies to enhance U.S. competitiveness. Two-stage least-squares empirical econometric results from a simultaneous equation system indicate that there exists a strong complementary relationship between U.S exports and FDI into China. Therefore, the appropriate managerial strategy to access Chinese processed foods markets is to increase overall business activity, both FDI and exports into China.
Volume (Year): 02 (1999)
Issue (Month): 02 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1010 Vermont Avenue, Suite 201, Washington, DC 20005, USA|
Phone: 1 (202) 429-1610
Web page: http://www.ifama.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Munisamy Gopinath & Daniel Pick & Utpal Vasavada, 1999.
"The Economics of Foreign Direct Investment and Trade with an Application to the U.S. Food Processing Industry,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(2), pages 442-452.
- Gopinath, Munisamy & Pick, Daniel H. & Vasavada, Utpal, 1998. "The Economics Of Foreign Direct Investment And Trade With An Application To The U.S. Food Processing Industry," Working Papers 51205, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Dunning, John H & Rugman, Alan M, 1985. "The Influence of Hymer's Dissertation on the Theory of Foreign Direct Investment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 228-232, May.
- Ravichandran Munirathinam & Mary Marchant & Michael Reed, 1997. "The Canada U.S. free trade agreement: Competitive tradeoffs between foreign direct investment and trade," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 3(3), pages 312-324, August.
- Kojima, Kiyoshi, 1975. "International Trade and Foreign Investment : Substitutes or Complements," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 16(1), pages 1-12, June.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:3:y:1997:i:3:p:312-324 is not listed on IDEAS
- Munirathinam, Ravichandran & Reed, Michael R. & Marchant, Mary A., 1998. "Effects Of The Canada-U.S. Trade Agreement On U.S. Agricultural Exports," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 1(03). Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)