Designing Food Safety Regulations: The Effect Of Inspection Policy And Penalties For Noncompliance On Food Processor Behavior
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tanya Roberts & Jean C. Buzby & Michael Ollinger, 1996. "Using Benefit and Cost Information to Evaluate a Food Safety Regulation: HACCP for Meat and Poultry," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1297-1301.
- James M. MacDonald & Stephen Crutchfield, 1996. "Modeling the Costs of Food Safety Regulation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1285-1290.
- Julie A. Caswell & Jaana K. Kleinschmit v. L., 1997. "Using Benefit-Cost Criteria for Settling Federalism Disputes: An Application to Food Safety Regulation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 24-38.
- Ewerhart, Christian & Schmitz, Patrick W, 1998.
"Ex Post Liability for Harm vs. Ex Ante Safety Regulation: Substitutes or Complements? Comment,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 88(4), pages 1027-1027, September.
- Ewerhart, Christian & Schmitz, Patrick W., 1998. "Ex Post Liability for Harm vs. Ex Ante Safety Regulation: Substitutes or Complements? Comment," MPRA Paper 13448, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Laurian J. Unnevehr, 1996. "The Benefits and Costs of Food Safety Policies: Discussion," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1302-1304.
- Kolstad, Charles D & Ulen, Thomas S & Johnson, Gary V, 1990. "Ex Post Liability for Harm vs. Ex Ante Safety Regulation: Substitutes or Complements?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(4), pages 888-901, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brorsen, B. Wade, 2009. "Research: Are We Valuing the Right Stuff?," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 34(1), April.
- Saak, Alexander E., 2003. "Identity Preservation And False Non-Gmo Labeling In The Food Supply Chain," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22182, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Zhou, Jiehong & Yue, Chengyan, 2010. "Investigating Chinese Vegetable Processing Firmsâ€™ Economic Incentives to Enhance Quality and Safety Controls," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 41(3), November.
- Henson, Spencer J. & Hooker, Neal H., 2001. "Private Sector Management Of Food Safety: Public Regulation And The Role Of Private Controls," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 4(01).
- Li, Kai & Zhou, Jie-hong & Liang, Qiao & Huang, Zuhui, 2015. "Food safety controls and governance structure varieties in China's vegetable and fruit sector," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212046, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ge, Houtian & Nolan, James & Gray, Richard & Goetz, Stephan & Han, Yicheol, 2016. "Supply chain complexity and risk mitigation – A hybrid optimization–simulation model," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 228-238.
- Ge, Houtian & Gray, Richard & Nolan, James, 2015. "Agricultural supply chain optimization and complexity: A comparison of analytic vs simulated solutions and policies," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 208-220.
More about this item
KeywordsFood Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlaare:30898. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/waeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.