Costs of Improving Food Safety in the Meat Sector, The
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jensen, Helen H. & Unnevehr, Laurian J. & Gomez, Miguel I., 1998. "Costs of Improving Food Safety in the Meat Sector (The)," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1156, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marvin L. HAYENGA, 1997. "Cost Structures Of Pork Slaughter And Processing Firms: Behavioral And Performance Implications," Staff Papers 287, Iowa State University Department of Economics.
- Tanya Roberts & Jean C. Buzby & Michael Ollinger, 1996. "Using Benefit and Cost Information to Evaluate a Food Safety Regulation: HACCP for Meat and Poultry," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1297-1301.
- Crutchfield, Stephen R. & Buzby, Jean C. & Roberts, Tanya & Ollinger, Michael & Lin, Chung-Tung Jordan, 1997. "Economic Assessment of Food Safety Regulations: The New Approach to Meat and Poultry Inspection," Agricultural Economics Reports 34009, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Morrison, Rosanna Mentzer & Buzby, Jean C. & Lin, C.T. Jordan, 1997. "Irradiating Ground Beef to Enhance Food Safety," Food Review: The Magazine of Food Economics, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, vol. 0(Issue 1), pages 1-5.
- Helfand, Gloria E, 1991. "Standards versus Standards: The Effects of Different Pollution Restrictions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 622-634, June.
- Bryan E. Melton & Wallace E. Huffman, 1995.
"Beef and Pork Packing Costs and Input Demands: Effects of Unionization and Technology,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 77(3), pages 471-485.
- Melton, Brian & Huffman, Wallace, 1995. "Beef and Pork Packing Costs and Input Demands: Effects of Unionization and Technology," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5043, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- James M. MacDonald & Stephen Crutchfield, 1996. "Modeling the Costs of Food Safety Regulation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1285-1290.
- Hayenga, Marvin L., 1997. "Cost Structures of Pork Slaughter and Processing Firms: Behavioral and Performance Implications," ISU General Staff Papers 199705200700001287, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hossain, Ferdaus & Jensen, Helen H., 2000.
"Lithuania's food demand during economic transition,"
Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 31-40, June.
- Hossain, Ferdaus & Jensen, Helen H., 2000. "Lithuania's Food Demand During Economic Transition," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1715, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Ferdaus Hossain & Helen H. Jensen, 2000. "Lithuania's Food Demand During Economic Transition," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 00-wp236, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Resende-Filho, Moises & Buhr, Brian, 2007.
"Economics of traceability for mitigation of food recall costs,"
3650, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Resende Filho, Moises de Andrade & Buhr, Brian L., 2012. "Economics of Traceability for Mitigation of Food Recall Costs," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126193, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Loren W. Tauer & Cameron Nightingale & Renata Ivanek & Yrjö T. Gröhn & Martin Wiedmann, 2007.
"Optimal levels of inputs to control Listeria monocytogenes contamination at a smoked fish plant,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(2), pages 229-244.
- Tauer, Loren W. & Nightingale, Cameron & Ivanek, Renata & Wiedmann, Martin, 2005. "Optimal Levels of Inputs to Control Listeria monocytogenes Contamination at a Smoked Fish Plant," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19423, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Narrod, Clare A. & Malcolm, Scott A. & Ollinger, Michael & Roberts, Tanya, 1999. "Pathogen Reduction Options In Slaughterhouses And Methods For Evaluating Their Economic Effectiveness," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21562, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ahern, James & Delmore, Robert & Thulin, Andrew J., 2007. "Industry Response to Beef Sector Policy and Regulation: Case Study of Beef Sector in California," Research Project Reports 121623, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, California Institute for the Study of Specialty Crops.
- Unnevehr, Laurian J. & Jensen, Helen H., 1999. "The economic implications of using HACCP as a food safety regulatory standard," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 625-635, December.
- Mazzocchi, Mario & Ragona, Maddalena & Zanoli, Agostina, 2013. "A fuzzy multi-criteria approach for the ex-ante impact assessment of food safety policies," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 177-189.
- repec:ags:aerrae:263553 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pozo, Veronica F. & Schroeder, Ted C., 2013. "Effects of Meat Recalls on Firms' Stock Prices," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 151287, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ias:cpaper:98-wp189. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/caiasus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.