Valuing the benefits and costs of improved food safety and nutrition
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Julie A. Caswell & Eliza M. Mojduszka, 1996.
"Using Informational Labeling to Influence the Market for Quality in Food Products,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1248-1253.
- Caswell, Julie A. & Mojduszka, Eliza M., 1996. "Using Informational Labeling To Influence The Market For Quality In Food Products," Working Papers 25989, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Buzby, Jean C. & Skees, Jerry R. & Ready, Richard C., 1995. "Chapter 12: USING CONTINGENT VALUATION TO VALUE FOOD SAFETY: A CASE STUDY OF GRAPEFRUIT AND PESTICIDE RESIDUES," Valuing Food Safety and Nutrition (1995), Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance, number 25972.
- Laurian J. Unnevehr & Helen H. Jensen, 1996.
"HACCP as a Regulatory Innovation to Improve Food Safety in the Meat Industry,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(3), pages 764-769.
- Unnevehr, Laurian J. & Jensen, Helen H., 1996. "HACCP As a Regulatory Innovation to Improve Food Safety in the Meat Industry," Staff General Research Papers Archive 937, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Laurian J. Unnevehr & Helen H. Jensen, 1996. "HACCP as a Regulatory Innovation to Improve Food Safety in the Meat Industry," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 96-wp152, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Buzby, Jean C. & Roberts, Tanya & Lin, Chung-Tung Jordan & MacDonald, James M., 1996. "Bacterial Foodborne Disease: Medical Costs and Productivity Losses," Agricultural Economics Reports 33991, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- James M. MacDonald & Stephen Crutchfield, 1996. "Modeling the Costs of Food Safety Regulation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1285-1290.
- Julie A. Caswell & Jaana K. Kleinschmit v. L., 1997. "Using Benefit-Cost Criteria for Settling Federalism Disputes: An Application to Food Safety Regulation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 24-38.
- Crutchfield, Stephen R. & Buzby, Jean C. & Roberts, Tanya & Ollinger, Michael & Lin, Chung-Tung Jordan, 1997. "Economic Assessment of Food Safety Regulations: The New Approach to Meat and Poultry Inspection," Agricultural Economics Reports 34009, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Julie A. Caswell & Neal H. Hooker, 1996. "HACCP as an International Trade Standard," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(3), pages 775-779.
- Fox, John A. & Shogren, J. & Hayes, Dermot J. & Kliebenstein, James, 1995. "Experimental Auctions to Measure Willingness to Pay for Food Safety," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5343, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Henson, Spencer & Traill, Bruce, 1993. "The demand for food safety : Market imperfections and the role of government," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 152-162, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jerop, Rebecca, 2012. "Consumer Willingness to Pay for Dairy Goat Milk in Siaya County, Kenya," Research Theses 243449, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Belaya, Vera & Hansen, Heiko, 2011. "Ökonomische Bewertung Von Lebensmittelskandalen: Theoretische Überlegungen Und Erste Empirische Befunde Am Beispiel Des Dioxin-Vorfalls 2011," 51st Annual Conference, Halle, Germany, September 28-30, 2011 114722, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Sinner, Jim, 1999. "Cost-benefit analysis and the SPS Agreement," 1999 Conference (43th), January 20-22, 1999, Christchurch, New Zealand 171901, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Morrison Paul, Catherine J., 2000. "Productivity And Efficiency In The U.S. Food System, Or, Might Cost Factors Support Increasing Mergers And Concentration?," Working Papers 11983, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Alessandro Banterle & Stefanella Stranieri, 2008. "Information, labelling, and vertical coordination: an analysis of the Italian meat supply networks," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(3), pages 320-331.
- Jenson, Ian & Leith, Peat & Doyle, Richard & West, Jonathan & Miles, Morgan P., 2016. "Innovation system problems: Causal configurations of innovation failure," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(11), pages 5408-5412.
- Mazzocchi, Mario & Ragona, Maddalena & Zanoli, Agostina, 2013. "A fuzzy multi-criteria approach for the ex-ante impact assessment of food safety policies," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 177-189.
- Ramo Barrena & Mercedes Sánchez, 2011. "Abstraction and product categories as explanatory variables for food consumption," Post-Print hal-00712382, HAL.
- Angulo, Ana Maria & Gil, Jose Maria, 2004. "Consequences of BSE on Consumers' Attitudes, Perceptions and Willingness to Pay for Certified Beef in Spain," 84th Seminar, February 8-11, 2004, Zeist, The Netherlands 24999, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Donaghy, Peter & Rolfe, John & Bennett, Jeffrey W., 2002. "Disaggregating consumer demands for organic and genetically modified foods using the Choice Modelling technique," 2002 Conference (46th), February 13-15, 2002, Canberra 179524, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Kariyawasam, Sumudu & Jayasinghe-Mudalige, Udith K. & Weerahewa, Jeevika, 2006. "Assessing Consumer Attitudes and Perceptions Towards Food Quality: The Case of Consumption of Tetra-Packed Fresh Milk in Sri Lanka," Annual Meeting, May 25-28, 2006, Montreal, Quebec 34173, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society.
- Ragona, Maddalena & Mazzocchi, Mario, 2008. "Measuring the Impacts of Food Safety Regulations: A Methodological Review," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 43864, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Zhou, Jiehong & Yue, Chengyan, 2010. "Investigating Chinese Vegetable Processing Firmsâ€™ Economic Incentives to Enhance Quality and Safety Controls," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 41(3), November.
- Ragona, Maddalena & Mazzocchi, Mario, 2008. "Impact Evaluation of Food Safety Regulations: A Review of Quantitative Methods," 110th Seminar, February 18-22, 2008, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 49887, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Boccaletti, Stefano & Nardella, Michele, 2000. "Consumer Willingness To Pay For Pesticide-Free Fresh Fruit And Vegetables In Italy," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 3(03).
- Banterle, Alessandro & Stranieri, Stefanella, 2008. "The consequences of voluntary traceability system for supply chain relationships. An application of transaction cost economics," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 560-569, December.
- Steiner, Bodo, 2006. "Governance Reform of German food safety regulation: Cosmetic or real?," MPRA Paper 26252, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Garcia Martinez, Marian & Fearne, Andrew & Caswell, Julie A. & Henson, Spencer, 2007. "Co-regulation as a possible model for food safety governance: Opportunities for public-private partnerships," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 299-314, June.
- Cranfield, John A.L. & Magnusson, Erik, 2003. "Canadian Consumer's Willingness-To-Pay For Pesticide Free Food Products: An Ordered Probit Analysis," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 6(04).
- Max Nielsen & Frank Jensen & Eva Roth, 2004. "A Cost-Benefit Analysis of a Public Labelling Scheme of Fish Quality," Working Papers 53/04, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Sociology, Environmental and Business Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsFood Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aareaj:117285. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaresea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.