The economic assessment of changes in ecosystem services: and application of the CGE methodology
The present study integrates Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) modelling with biodiversity services, proposing a possible methodology for assessing climate-change impacts on ecosystems. The assessment focuses on climate change impacts on carbon sequestration services provided by European forest, cropland and grassland ecosystems and on provisioning services, but provided by forest and cropland ecosystems only. To do this via a CGE model it is necessary to identify first the role that these ecosystem services play in marketable transactions; then how climate change can impact these services; and finally how the economic system reacts to those changes by adjusting demand and supply across sectors, domestically and internationally
Volume (Year): 11 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.upv.es/aeea/index.htm|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Roberto Roson & Enrica de Cian & Elisa Lanzi, 2007.
"The Impact of Temperature Change on Energy Demand a Dynamic Panel Analysis,"
2007_06, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Enrica De Cian & Elisa Lanzi & Roberto Roson, 2007. "The Impact of Temperature Change on Energy Demand: A Dynamic Panel Analysis," Working Papers 2007.46, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Bosello, Francesco & Roson, Roberto & Tol, Richard S.J., 2006.
"Economy-wide estimates of the implications of climate change: Human health,"
Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 579-591, June.
- Francesco Bosello & Roberto Roson & Richard S.J. Tol, 2004. "Economy-Wide Estimates Of The Implications Of Climate Change: Human Health," Working Papers FNU-57, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Dec 2004.
- Francesco Bosello & Roberto Roson & Richard S.J. Tol, 2005. "Economy-Wide Estimates of the Implications of Climate Change: Human Health," Working Papers 2005.97, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Andrea Bigano & Francesco Bosello & Roberto Roson & Richard Tol, 2008.
"Economy-wide impacts of climate change: a joint analysis for sea level rise and tourism,"
Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change,
Springer, vol. 13(8), pages 765-791, October.
- Roberto Roson & Francesco Bosello & Andrea Bigano & Richard S.J. Tol, 2008. "Economy-Wide Impacts of Climate Change: A Joint Analysis for Sea Level Rise and Tourism," Working Papers 2008_06, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Oliver Deke & Kurt Georg Hooss & Christiane Kasten & Gernot Klepper & Katrin Springer, 2001.
"Economic Impact of Climate Change: Simulations with a Regionalized Climate-Economy Model,"
Kiel Working Papers
1065, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Deke, Oliver & Hooss, Kurt Georg & Kasten, Christiane & Klepper, Gernot & Springer, Katrin, 2001. "Economic impact of climate change: simulations with a regionalized climate-economy model," Kiel Working Papers 1065, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Alvaro Calzadilla & Katrin Rehdanz & Richard S.J. Tol, 2008. "The Eonomic Impact Of More Sustainable Water Use In Agriculture: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis," Working Papers FNU-169, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Dec 2008.
- Eboli, Fabio & Parrado, Ramiro & Roson, Roberto, 2010.
"Climate-change feedback on economic growth: explorations with a dynamic general equilibrium model,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(05), pages 515-533, October.
- Fabio Eboli & Ramiro Parrado & Roberto Roson, 2009. "Climate Change Feedback on Economic Growth: Explorations with a Dynamic General Equilibrium Model," Working Papers 2009.43, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Helen Ding & Silvia Silvestri & Aline Chiabai & Paulo A.L.D. Nunes, 2010. "A Hybrid Approach to the Valuation of Climate Change Effects on Ecosystem Services: Evidence from the European Forests," Working Papers 2010.50, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:earnsa:117622. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.