Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905 .
January 1999, Volume 45, Issue 1
- 17-46 Geographic Mobility, Race, and Wage Differentials
by Raphael, Steven & Riker, David A.
- 47-71 Prices, Parents, and Young People's Household Formation
by Ermisch, John
- 72-96 Expected and Unexpected Residential Mobility
by Kan, Kamhon
- 97-124 Modeling Parking
by Arnott, Richard & Rowse, John
- 125-142 Optimal Metering in the Bottleneck Congestion Model
by O'Dea, William P.
- 143-155 The Mistaken Improver Problem
by Miceli, Thomas J. & Sirmans, C. F.
- 156-176 Learning-by-Doing and the Development of Industrial Districts
by Soubeyran, Antoine & Thisse, Jacques-Francois
- 177-183 Tax Competition with Two Types of Capital
by Smith, Stefani C.
- 184-208 On the Emergence of Cities
by Page, Scott E.
November 1998, Volume 44, Issue 3
- 317-332 Information Externalities and Home Mortgage Underwriting
by Ling, David C. & Wachter, Susan M.
- 333-351 Urban Agglomeration and Dispersion: A Synthesis of Alonso and Krugman
by Tabuchi, Takatoshi
- 352-366 Efficient Congestion Tolls in the Presence of Unpriced Congestion: A Peak and Off-Peak Simulation Model
by Liu, Louie Nan & McDonald, John F.
- 367-390 Tax Competition and Revelation of Preferences for Public Expenditure
by Bucovetsky, S. & Marchand, M. & Pestieau, P.
- 391-414 Evidence on the Demand for Mortgage Debt by Owner-Occupants
by Ling, David C. & McGill, Gary A.
- 415-437 Residential Hedonic Models: A Rational Expectations Approach to Age Effects
by Clapp, John M. & Giaccotto, Carmelo
- 438-467 Testing for Strategic Interaction Among Local Governments: The Case of Growth Controls
by Brueckner, Jan K.
- 468-492 Imperfectly Mobile Households and Durable Local Public Goods: Does the Capitalization Mechanism Work?
by Sprunger, Philip & Wilson, John Douglas
September 1998, Volume 44, Issue 2
- 171-196 Improved Price Indexes for Real Estate: Measuring the Course of Swedish Housing Prices
by Englund, Peter & Quigley, John M. & Redfearn, Christian L.
- 197-215 A Joint Model of Residential and Employment Location in Urban Areas
by Deitz, Richard
- 216-227 Aggregate Production Functions, Interregional Equilibrium, and the Measurement of Infrastructure Productivity
by Haughwout, Andrew F.
- 228-253 To Ghetto or Not to Ghetto: Ethnicity and Residential Segregation
by Borjas, George J.
- 254-271 Are Local Governments Governed by Forward Looking Decision Makers?: An Investigation of Spending Patterns in Swedish Municipalities
by Dahlberg, Matz & Lindstrom, Tomas
- 272-290 Differences in Metropolitan and Nonmetropolitan U.S. Family Income Inequality: A Cross-County Comparison
by Levernier, William & Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan S.
- 291-298 Andrew Court and the Invention of Hedonic Price Analysis
by Goodman, Allen C.
- 299-316 A New Approach for Identifying the Parameters of a Tax Capitalization Model
by Palmon, Oded & Smith, Barton A.
July 1998, Volume 44, Issue 1
- 1-26 The Overspending and Flypaper Effects of Fiscal Illusion: Theory and Empirical Evidence
by Turnbull, Geoffrey K.
- 27-42 Homeownership and Investment in Risky Assets
by Fratantoni, Michael C.
- 43-58 Parking, Transit, and Employment in a Central Business District
by Voith, Richard
- 59-67 Leviathan and Competition among Jurisdictions: The Case of Benefit Taxation
by Rauscher, Michael
- 68-92 Air Quality and Episodes of Acute Respiratory Illness in Taiwan Cities: Evidence from Survey Data
by Alberini, Anna & Krupnick, Alan
- 93-109 Housing, Natural Hazards, and Insurance
by Frame, David E.
- 110-134 School Choice in California: Who Chooses Private Schools?
by Buddin, Richard J. & Cordes, Joseph J. & Kirby, Sheila Nataraj
- 135-157 Intergenerational Transfers, Borrowing Constraints, and Saving Behavior: Evidence from the Housing Market
by Engelhardt, Gary V. & Mayer, Christopher J.
- 158-169 A Pecuniary Reason for Income Mixing
by Frankel, David M.
May 1998, Volume 43, Issue 3
- 315-335 On Optimal Taxation of Housing
by Cremer, Helmuth & Gahvari, Firouz
- 336-361 British Bus Deregulation: Competition and Demand Coordination
by Ellis, Christopher J. & Silva, Emilson C. D.
- 362-384 Analysis of Urban Land Shortages: The Case of Korean Cities
by Son, Jae-Young & Kim, Kyung-Hwan
- 385-400 Ethnic Variation in Commuting Propensity and Unemployment Spells: Some U.K. Evidence
by Thomas, Jonathan M.
- 401-417 Do Limits Matter? Evidence on the Effects of Tax Limitations on Student Performance
by Downes, Thomas A. & Dye, Richard F. & McGuire, Therese J.
- 418-443 School Finance Reform and Private School Enrollment: Evidence from California
by Downes, Thomas A. & Schoeman, David
- 444-471 Economic Influences on the Structure of Local Government in U.S. Metropolitan Areas
by Fisher, Ronald C. & Wassmer, Robert W.
March 1998, Volume 43, Issue 2
- 157-180 Suburban Subcenters and Employment Density in Metropolitan Chicago
by McMillen, Daniel P. & McDonald, John F.
- 181-198 Optimality of a Competitive Equilibrium in a Small Open City with Congestion
by Akai, Nobuo & Fukushima, Takashi & Hatta, Tatsuo
- 199-222 Sample Selection and Biases in Local House Value Indices
by Gatzlaff, Dean H. & Haurin, Donald R.
- 223-243 Human Capital and Metropolitan Employment Growth
by Simon, Curtis J.
- 244-257 Fiscal Decentralization and Economic Growth: A Cross-Country Study
by Davoodi, Hamid & Zou, Heng-fu
- 258-272 Land Use and Density in Cities with Congestion
by Wheaton, William C.
- 273-291 Mexican Enclaves and the Price of Culture
by Gonzalez, Arturo
- 292-314 An Empirical Investigation into the Performance of Ellickson's Random Bidding Model, with an Application to Air Quality Valuation
by Chattopadhyay, Sudip
January 1998, Volume 43, Issue 1
- 1-22 Search Theory, Spatial Labor Markets, and Commuting
by Rouwendal, Jan
- 23-51 Equilibrium and Local Redistribution in an Urban Economy when Households Differ in both Preferences and Incomes
by Epple, Dennis & Platt, Glenn J.
- 52-78 The Los Angeles Riot and the Economics of Urban Unrest
by DiPasquale, Denise & Glaeser, Edward L.
- 79-111 The Spatial Mismatch Hypothesis and Black Youth Joblessness: Evidence from the San Francisco Bay Area
by Raphael, Steven
- 112-135 Racial Differences in Residential and Job Mobility: Evidence Concerning the Spatial Mismatch Hypothesis
by Ross, Stephen L.
- 136-156 Information Technology and the Future of Cities
by Gaspar, Jess & Glaeser, Edward L.
November 1997, Volume 42, Issue 3
- 313-338 Debt and Development
by Riddiough, Timothy J.
- 339-365 Cash in Your Face: The Cost of Racial and Ethnic Discrimination in Housing
by Yinger, John
- 366-376 Tiebout Revisited: Redrawing Jurisdictional Boundaries
by Garasky, Steven & Haurin, Donald R.
- 377-401 Latent Demand for Urban Housing in the People's Republic of China
by Zax, Jeffrey S.
- 402-421 Commuting: In Search of Jobs and Residences
by van Ommeren, Jos & Rietveld, Piet & Nijkamp, Peter
- 422-448 Local Geographic Spillovers between University Research and High Technology Innovations
by Anselin, Luc & Varga, Attila & Acs, Zoltan
- 449-470 Externalities and Industrial Development
by Henderson, Vernon
September 1997, Volume 42, Issue 2
- 159-178 Household Location and Tiebout: Do Families Sort According to Preferences for Locational Amenities?
by Hoyt, William H. & Rosenthal, Stuart S.
- 179-204 The Impact of Rapid Rail Transit on Economic Development: The Case of Atlanta's MARTA
by Bollinger, Christopher R. & Ihlanfeldt, Keith R.
- 205-221 Transport Network and System of Cities
by Mun, Se-il
- 222-242 Tax Competition with Imperfectly Mobile Capital
by Lee, Kangoh
- 243-260 Housing Demand and Community Choice: An Empirical Analysis
by Rapaport, Carol
- 261-284 New Estimates of Climate Demand: Evidence from Location Choice
by Cragg, Michael & Kahn, Matthew
- 285-311 Slow Adjustment and the Level of Government Spending
by de Bartolome, Charles A. M.
July 1997, Volume 42, Issue 1
- 1-17 Analysis of the Dynamics of Housing Tenure Choice in Britain
by Di Salvo, Pamela & Ermisch, John
- 18-41 Opposites Attract: The Effect of the Federal Income Tax Code on Community Composition
by de Bartolome, Charles A. M. & Rosenthal, Stuart S.
- 42-63 Bid Rents under Unemployment Risk: Delayed versus Timeless Uncertainty
by Zenou, Yves & Eeckhoudt, Louis
- 64-78 Do Vacancy Decontrol Provisions Undo Rent Control?
by Nagy, John
- 79-97 Are Center Access Advantages Weakening? The Case of Office-Commercial Markets
by Sivitanidou, Rena
- 98-108 Consistent Estimates of the Elasticity of Substitution between Land and Non-Land Inputs in the Production of Housing
by Thorsnes, Paul
- 109-132 Job Search and Unemployment Duration: Implications for the Spatial Mismatch Hypothesis
by Rogers, Cynthia L.
- 133-157 A Modeling of Megalopolis Formation: The Maturing of City Systems
by Mori, Tomoya
May 1997, Volume 41, Issue 3
- 321-336 The Structure of Urban Land Prices
by Colwell, Peter F. & Munneke, Henry J.
- 337-357 On the Endogeneous Formation of Secondary Employment Centers in a City
by Fujita, Masahisa & Thisse, Jacques-Francois & Zenou, Yves
- 358-376 Revealed Preference and Location Choice
by Turnbull, Geoffrey K.
- 377-406 Commuter Responses to Travel Time Uncertainty under Congested Conditions: Expected Costs and the Provision of Information
by Noland, Robert B.
- 407-420 Optimal Fiscal Regime in a Spatial Duopoly
by Lambertini, Luca
- 421-440 Equivalence of the Core and Competitive Equilibrium in a Tiebout Economy with Crowding Types
by Conley, John P. & Wooders, Myrna H.
- 441-461 Measuring the Benefits of Homeowning: Effects on Children
by Green, Richard K. & White, Michelle J.
- 462-483 Social Welfare and Income Inequality in a System of Cities
by Abdel-Rahman, Hesham M. & Wang, Ping
March 1997, Volume 41, Issue 2
- 153-175 Does State Economic Development Spending Increase Manufacturing Employment?
by de Bartolome, Charles A. M. & Spiegel, Mark M.
- 176-197 Fares, Service Levels, and Demographics: What Determines Commuter Rail Ridership in the Long Run?
by Voith, Richard
- 198-201 Subsidized Parking and Neighborhood Nuisances
by Merriman, David
- 202-217 Debt Usage and Mortgage Choice: The FHA-Conventional Decision
by Hendershott, Patric H. & LaFayette, William C. & Haurin, Donald R.
- 218-242 Information on the Spatial Distribution of Job Opportunities within Metropolitan Areas
by Ihlanfeldt, Keith R.
- 243-263 The Tenure Transition Decision For Elderly Homeowners
by Jones, Lawrence D.
- 264-280 A-la-Carte or Smorgasbord? Multiproduct Clubs with Costly Exclusion
by Silva, Emilson C. D.
- 281-300 Race and the Structure of School Districts in the United States
by Martinez-Vazquez, Jorge & Rider, Mark & Walker, Mary Beth
- 301-319 Multiple Regime Bid-Rent Function Estimation
by McMillen, Daniel P.
January 1997, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 1-22 An Economic Analysis of Public School Choice Plans
by Lee, Kangoh
- 23-37 Assessing the Effect of Rent Control on Homelessness
by Grimes, Paul W. & Chressanthis, George A.
- 38-55 Urban Productivity and Factor Growth in the Late Nineteenth Century
by Bostic, Raphael W. & Gans, Joshua S. & Stern, Scott
- 56-77 The Economic Consequences of Regulatory Taking Risk on Land Value and Development Activity
by Riddiough, Timothy J.
- 78-101 Ruthless Prepayment? Evidence from Multifamily Mortgages
by Follain, James R. & Ondrich, Jan & Sinha, Gyan P.
- 102-117 Brokerage Pricing under Competition
by Sirmans, C. F. & Turnbull, Geoffrey K.
- 118-136 Municipal Waste Management: Recycling and Landfill Space Constraints
by Highfill, Jannett & McAsey, Michael
- 137-151 Socialist Cities without Land Markets
by Bertaud, Alain & Renaud, Bertrand
November 1996, Volume 40, Issue 3
- 257-278 A Dynamic Analysis of Multiple-Center Formation in a City
by Sasaki, Komei & Mun, Se-il
- 279-302 Second-Best Congestion Pricing: The Case of an Untolled Alternative
by Verhoef, Erik & Nijkamp, Peter & Rietveld, Piet
- 303-315 On the "Lock-In" Effects of Capital Gains Taxation
by Kanemoto, Yoshitsugu
- 316-333 Taxi Travel Should Be Subsidized
by Arnott, Richard
- 334-353 Measuring the Importance of Location in House Price Appreciation
by Archer*, Wayne R. & Gatzlaff+, Dean H. & Ling*, David C.
- 354-380 The Long-Run Effect of Economic Development Policy on Resident Welfare in a Perfectly Competitive Urban Economy
by Ross, Stephen L.
September 1996, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 125-149 Do Office-Commercial Firms Value Access to Service Employment Centers? A Hedonic Value Analysis within Polycentric Los Angeles
by Sivitanidou, Rena
- 150-178 The Distributional Effects of Local Labor Demand and Industrial Mix: Estimates Using Individual Panel Data
by Bartik, Timothy J.
- 179-197 Peak-Load Pricing of a Transportation Route with an Unpriced Substitute
by Braid, Ralph M.
- 198-215 Enterprise Zones and Employment: Evidence from New Jersey
by Boarnet, Marlon G. & Bogart, William T.
- 216-231 The Spatial Concentration of Crime
by Freeman, Scott & Grogger, Jeffrey & Sonstelie, Jon
- 232-256 General Equilibrium Models of Polycentric Urban Land Use with Endogenous Congestion and Job Agglomeration
by Anas, Alex & Kim, Ikki
July 1996, Volume 40, Issue 1
- 1-12 Suburban Minimum Lot Zoning and Spatial Equilibrium
by Pasha, Hafiz A.
- 13-37 Urbanization and Economic Development: A Bias toward Large Cities?
by Moomaw, Ronald L. & Shatter, Ali M.
- 38-60 Inter-City Competition for Foreign Investment: Static and Dynamic Effects of China's Incentive Areas
by Head, Keith & Ries, John
- 61-83 Commutes, Neighborhood Effects, and Earnings: An Analysis of Racial Discrimination and Compensating Differentials
by Gabriel, Stuart A. & Rosenthal, Stuart S.
- 84-99 Income, Residential Location, and Mode Choice
by DeSalvo, Joseph S. & Huq, Mobinul
- 100-124 One Hundred Fifty Years of Land Values in Chicago: A Nonparametric Approach
by McMillen, Daniel P.
May 1996, Volume 39, Issue 3
- 255-281 Agglomeration, Dispersion, and the Pioneer Firm
by Hanson, Gordon H.
- 282-302 Instrument Choice: The Demand for Mortgages in Canada
by Breslaw, Jon & Irvine, Ian & Rahman, Abdul
- 303-317 Taxes, Federal Grants, Local Public Spending, and Growth
by Zou, Heng-fu
- 318-341 Analysis of the Changing Influences on Traditional Households' Ownership Patterns
by Gyourko, Joseph & Linneman, Peter
- 342-356 The Influence of Uncertain Job Location on Urban Form and the Journey to Work
by Crane, Randall
March 1996, Volume 39, Issue 2
- 131-159 Tax Exporting, Regional Economic Growth, and Welfare
by Morgan, William & Mutti, John & Rickman, Dan
- 160-172 Uncertain Neighborhood Effects and Restrictive Covenants
by Hughes, William Jr. & Turnbull, Geoffrey K.
- 173-192 The Income Elasticity of Demand for Housing: Evidence from Concentration Curves
by Hansen, Julia L. & Formby, John P. & Smith, W. James
- 193-208 The Dynamics of Housing Assistance Spells
by Hungerford, Thomas L.
- 209-215 New Hedonic Estimates of Regional Constant Quality House Prices
by Mills, Edwin S. & Simenauer, Ronald
- 216-228 The Lock-In Effect of Capital Gains Taxation on Land Use
by Yamazaki, Fukuju
- 229-253 Redevelopment Decisions for Commercial and Industrial Properties
by Munneke, Henry J.
January 1996, Volume 39, Issue 1
- 1-19 Development of an Effective Rent (Lease) Index for the Chicago CBD
by Webb, R. Brian & Fisher, Jeffrey D.
- 20-50 Insights on the Effect of Land Use Choice: The Perpetual Option on the Best of Two Underlying Assets
by Geltner, David & Riddiough, Timothy & Stojanovic, Srdjan
- 51-67 Rental Adjustment and Valuation in Overbuilt Markets: Evidence from the Sydney Office Market
by Hendershott, Patric H.
- 68-86 Budgetary and Efficiency Effects of Housing Taxation in the United States
by Nakagami, Yasuhiro & Pereira, Alfredo M.
- 87-113 Urban Development with Lags
by Bar-Ilan, Avner & Strange, William C.
- 114-131 The Impact of Local Sales Tax on the Value of Owner-Occupied Housing
by Man, Joyce Y. & Bell, Michael E.
November 1995, Volume 38, Issue 3
September 1995, Volume 38, Issue 2
July 1995, Volume 38, Issue 1
May 1995, Volume 37, Issue 3
March 1995, Volume 37, Issue 2
January 1995, Volume 37, Issue 1
November 1994, Volume 36, Issue 3
September 1994, Volume 36, Issue 2
July 1994, Volume 36, Issue 1
May 1994, Volume 35, Issue 3