The role of information externalities and scale economies in home mortgage lending decisions
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Avery, Robert B. & Beeson, Patricia E. & Sniderman, Mark S., 1999. "Neighborhood Information and Home Mortgage Lending," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 287-310, March.
- Geoffrey M. Tootell, 1996.
"Redlining in Boston: do mortgage lenders discriminate against neighborhoods?,"
96-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Tootell, Geoffrey M B, 1996. "Redlining in Boston: Do Mortgage Lenders Discriminate against Neighborhoods?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 111(4), pages 1049-79, November.
- McKinley Blackburn & Todd Vermilyea, 2006. "A Comparison of Unexplained Racial Disparities in Bank-Level and Market-Level Models of Mortgage Lending," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 125-147, April.
- Alicia H. Munnell, 1992.
"Mortgage lending in Boston: interpreting HMDA data,"
92-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Munnell, Alicia H. & Geoffrey M. B. Tootell & Lynn E. Browne & James McEneaney, 1996. "Mortgage Lending in Boston: Interpreting HMDA Data," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 25-53, March.
- Stephen L. Ross & Geoffrey M. B. Tootell, 2000.
"Redlining, the Community Reinvestment Act, and Private Mortgage Insurance,"
2000-04, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Ross, Stephen L. & Tootell, Geoffrey M. B., 2004. "Redlining, the Community Reinvestment Act, and private mortgage insurance," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 278-297, March.
- Calem, Paul S, 1996. "Mortgage Credit Availability in Low- and Moderate-Income Minority Neighborhoods: Are Information Externalities Critical?," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 71-89, July.
- Ling, David C. & Wachter, Susan M., 1998. "Information Externalities and Home Mortgage Underwriting," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 317-332, November.
- Harrison, David M., 2001. "The Importance of Lender Heterogeneity in Mortgage Lending," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 285-309, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:61:y:2007:i:1:p:71-85. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.