The role of information externalities and scale economies in home mortgage lending decisions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Avery, Robert B. & Beeson, Patricia E. & Sniderman, Mark S., 1999. "Neighborhood Information and Home Mortgage Lending," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 287-310, March.
- Munnell, Alicia H. & Geoffrey M. B. Tootell & Lynn E. Browne & James McEneaney, 1996.
"Mortgage Lending in Boston: Interpreting HMDA Data,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 25-53, March.
- Alicia H. Munnell, 1992. "Mortgage lending in Boston: interpreting HMDA data," Working Papers 92-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Harrison, David M., 2001. "The Importance of Lender Heterogeneity in Mortgage Lending," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 285-309, March.
- Calem, Paul S, 1996. "Mortgage Credit Availability in Low- and Moderate-Income Minority Neighborhoods: Are Information Externalities Critical?," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 71-89, July.
- Ross, Stephen L. & Tootell, Geoffrey M. B., 2004.
"Redlining, the Community Reinvestment Act, and private mortgage insurance,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 278-297, March.
- Stephen L. Ross & Geoffrey M. B. Tootell, 2000. "Redlining, the Community Reinvestment Act, and Private Mortgage Insurance," Working papers 2000-04, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Geoffrey M. B. Tootell, 1996. "Redlining in Boston: Do Mortgage Lenders Discriminate Against Neighborhoods?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 111(4), pages 1049-1079.
- McKinley Blackburn & Todd Vermilyea, 2006. "A Comparison of Unexplained Racial Disparities in Bank-Level and Market-Level Models of Mortgage Lending," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 125-147, April.
- Geoffrey M. B. Tootell, 1996. "Redlining in Boston: do mortgage lenders discriminate against neighborhoods?," Working Papers 96-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Ling, David C. & Wachter, Susan M., 1998. "Information Externalities and Home Mortgage Underwriting," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 317-332, November.
- Blackburn, McKinley L. & Vermilyea, Todd, 2004. "Racial disparities in bank-specific mortgage lending models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 85(3), pages 379-383, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marvin Smith & Christy Hevener, 2014. "Subprime lending over time: the role of race," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 38(2), pages 321-344, April.
- Lei Ding & Leonard Nakamura, 2016.
"The Impact of the Home Valuation Code of Conduct on Appraisal and Mortgage Outcomes,"
Real Estate Economics,
American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 44(3), pages 658-690, July.
- Ding, Lei & Nakamura, Leonard I., 2014. "The impact of the home valuation code of conduct on appraisal and mortgage outcomes," Working Papers 14-23, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Ding, Lei & Nakamura, Leonard I., 2015. "The impact of the home valuation code of conduct on appraisal and mortgage outcomes," Working Papers 15-28, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Neil Bhutta, 2011. "The Community Reinvestment Act and Mortgage Lending to Lower Income Borrowers and Neighborhoods," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(4), pages 953-983.
- Calem, Paul S. & Lambie-Hanson, Lauren & Nakamura, Leonard I., 2015. "Information losses in home purchase appraisals," Working Papers 15-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Ioan Voicu & Irina Paley & Andres E. Lopez & Irene Fang, 2015. "Information Externalities, Neighborhood Characteristics and Home Mortgage Pricing and Underwriting," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 43(3), pages 719-749, September.
- Calem, Paul S. & Lambie-Hanson, Lauren & Nakamura, Leonard I., 2017. "Appraising Home Purchase Appraisals," Working Papers 17-23, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:61:y:2007:i:1:p:71-85. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.