Industrial reallocation across US cities, 1977-1997
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- hUallachain, Breandan O & Satterthwaite, Mark A., 1992. "Sectoral growth patterns at the metropolitan level: An evaluation of economic development incentives," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 25-58, January.
- Glaeser, Edward L & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1992.
"Growth in Cities,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(6), pages 1126-1152, December.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1991. "Growth in Cities," NBER Working Papers 3787, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glaeser, Edward Ludwig & Kallal, Hedi D. & Scheinkman, Jose A. & Shleifer, Andrei, 1992. "Growth in Cities," Scholarly Articles 3451309, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Larry W. Hunter & Annette Bernhardt & Katherine L. Hughes & Eva Skuratowicz, 2001. "It's Not Just the ATMs: Technology, Firm Strategies, Jobs, and Earnings in Retail Banking," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 54(2), pages 402-424, January.
- Donald R. Davis & David E. Weinstein, 2002.
"Bones, Bombs, and Break Points: The Geography of Economic Activity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1269-1289, December.
- Donald R. Davis & David E. Weinstein, 2001. "Bones, Bombs and Break Points: The Geography of Economic Activity," NBER Working Papers 8517, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Simon, Curtis J., 1998. "Human Capital and Metropolitan Employment Growth," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 223-243, March.
- Bound, John & Holzer, Harry J, 2000.
"Demand Shifts, Population Adjustments, and Labor Market Outcomes during the 1980s,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(1), pages 20-54, January.
- John Bound & Harry J. Holzer, 1996. "Demand Shifts, Population Adjustments, and Labor Market Outcomes during the 1980s," NBER Working Papers 5685, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James E. Rauch, 1991.
"Productivity Gains From Geographic Concentration of human Capital: Evidence From the Cities,"
NBER Working Papers
3905, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rauch James E., 1993. "Productivity Gains from Geographic Concentration of Human Capital: Evidence from the Cities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 380-400, November.
- J. Vernon Henderson, 1994.
"Externalities and Industrial Development,"
NBER Working Papers
4730, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elise Brezis & Paul Krugman, 1993.
"Technology and the Life Cycle of Cities,"
NBER Working Papers
4561, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elisabetta Magnani, 2001. "Risk of Labor Displacement and Cross-Industry Labor Mobility," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 54(3), pages 593-610, April.
- Kevin M. Murphy & Finis Welch, 1992. "The Structure of Wages," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(1), pages 285-326.
- Bartel, Ann P & Lichtenberg, Frank R, 1987. "The Comparative Advantage of Educated Workers in Implementing New Technology," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(1), pages 1-11, February.
- Topel, Robert H, 1986. "Local Labor Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages S111-43, June.
- J. Vernon Henderson & Ari Kuncoro & Matthew Turner, 1992.
"Industrial Development in Cities,"
NBER Working Papers
4178, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Soubeyran, Antoine & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1999.
"Learning-by-Doing and the Development of Industrial Districts,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 156-176, January.
- SOUBEYRAN, Antoine & THISSE, Jacques-François, "undated". "Learning-by-doing and the development of industrial districts," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1366, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Soubeyran, A. & Thisse, J.-F., 1998. "Learning-by-Doing and the Development of Industrial Districts," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 98a26, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Glaeser, E.L. & Scheinkman, J.A., 1993.
"Economic Growth in a Cross-Section of Cities,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1645, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Audretsch, David B & Stephan, Paula E, 1996. "Company-Scientist Locational Links: The Case of Biotechnology," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 641-652, June.
- Gerald A. Carlino & Robert H. DeFina & Keith Sill, 2000.
"Sectoral shocks and metropolitan employment growth,"
00-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Carlino, Gerald A. & DeFina, Robert H. & Sill, Keith, 2001. "Sectoral Shocks and Metropolitan Employment Growth," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 396-417, November.
- repec:hoo:wpaper:e-95-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wheeler, Christopher H, 2001. "Search, Sorting, and Urban Agglomeration," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(4), pages 879-899, October.
- Premer, Matthias & Walz, Uwe, 1994. "Divergent regional development, factor mobility, and nontraded goods," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 707-722, December.
- Timothy J. Bartik, 1991. "Who Benefits from State and Local Economic Development Policies?," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number wbsle, November.
- Simon, Curtis J. & Nardinelli, Clark, 2002. "Human capital and the rise of American cities, 1900-1990," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 59-96, January.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Lawrence F. Katz, 1992. "Regional Evolutions," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 23(1), pages 1-76.
- Lori G. Kletzer, 2000. "Trade and Job Loss in US. Manufacturing, 1979-1994," NBER Chapters, in: The Impact of International Trade on Wages, pages 349-396 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:56:y:2004:i:1:p:119-143. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.