A behavioural model of traffic congestion: Endogenizing speed choice, traffic safety and time losses
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peirson, John & Skinner, Ian & Vickerman, Roger, 1998.
"The Microeconomic Analysis of the External Costs of Road Accidents,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 65(259), pages 429-440, August.
- John Peirson & Ian Skinner & Roger Vickerman, 1996. "The Microeconomic Analysis of the External Costs of Road Accidents," Studies in Economics 9606, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Verhoef, Erik T., 1999. "Time, speeds, flows and densities in static models of road traffic congestion and congestion pricing," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, pages 341-369.
- Patrick McCarthy, 2001. "Effect of speed limits on speed distributions and highway safety: A survey of recent literature," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 31-50.
- Vickrey, William S, 1969. "Congestion Theory and Transport Investment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 251-260.
- Daganzo, C. F. & Cassidy, M. J. & Bertini, R. L., 1999. "Possible explanations of phase transitions in highway traffic," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, pages 365-379.
- F. H. Knight, 1924. "Some Fallacies in the Interpretation of Social Cost," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, pages 582-606.
- Keeler, Theodore E & Small, Kenneth A, 1977. "Optimal Peak-Load Pricing, Investment, and Service Levels on Urban Expressways," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(1), pages 1-25, February.
- Dickerson, Andrew & Peirson, John & Vickerman, Roger, 2000.
"Road Accidents and Traffic Flows: An Econometric Investigation,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 67(265), pages 101-121, February.
- Andrew Dickerson & John Peirson & Roger Vickerman, 1998. "Road Accidents and Traffic Flows: An Econometric Investigation," Studies in Economics 9809, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Rotemberg, Julio J., 1985.
"The efficiency of equilibrium traffic flows,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, pages 191-205.
- Paul K. Chaney & Anjan V. Thakor, 2004. "Incentive Effects of Benevolent Intervention - The case of government loan guarantees," Finance 0411047, EconWPA.
- Erik Verhoef, 1997. "Time, Speeds, Flows and Densities in Static Models of Road Traffic Congestion and Congestion Pricing," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 97-070/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Boardman, Anthony E. & Lave, Lester B., 1977. "Highway congestion and congestion tolls," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, pages 340-359.
- Erik Teodoor Verhoef, 1998. "Time, speeds, flows and densities in static models of road traffic congestion and congestion pricing," ERSA conference papers ersa98p156, European Regional Science Association.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Green, Colin P. & Heywood, John S. & Navarro, María, 2016.
"Traffic accidents and the London congestion charge,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, pages 11-22.
- Colin Green & John Heywood & Maria Navarro Paniagua, 2014. "Traffic accidents and the London congestion charge," Working Papers 66110088, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Simon Shepherd, 2008. "The effect of complex models of externalities on estimated optimal tolls," Transportation, Springer, pages 559-577.
- van den Brink, René & van der Laan, Gerard & Moes, Nigel, 2012.
"Fair agreements for sharing international rivers with multiple springs and externalities,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, pages 388-403.
- Jasper Knockaert & Erik T. Verhoef & Jan Rouwendal, 2010. "Bottleneck Congestion: Differentiating the Coarse Charge," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 10-097/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Dementyeva, Maria & Koster, Paul R. & Verhoef, Erik T., 2015. "Regulation of road accident externalities when insurance companies have market power," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, pages 1-8.
- Steimetz, Seiji S.C., 2008. "Defensive driving and the external costs of accidents and travel delays," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, pages 703-724.
- Knockaert, Jasper & Verhoef, Erik T. & Rouwendal, Jan, 2016. "Bottleneck congestion: Differentiating the coarse charge," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, pages 59-73.
- David E. Allen & Michael McAleer & Robert Powell & Abhay K. Singh, 2013.
"A Non-Parametric and Entropy Based Analysis of the Relationship between the VIX and S&P 500,"
Journal of Risk and Financial Management,
MDPI, Open Access Journal, pages 1-25.
- D.E. Allen & A. Kramadibrata & M. McAleer & R. Powell & A. K. Singh, 2012. "A non-parametric and entropy based analysis of the relationship between the VIX and S&P500," KIER Working Papers 827, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Maria Dementyeva & Paul R. Koster & Erik T. Verhoef, 2013. "Regulation of Road Accident Externalities when Insurance Companies have Market Power," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-019/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- D.E. Allen & A. Kramadibrata & Michael McAleer & R. Powell & A. K. Singh, 2012. "A non-parametric and entropy based analysis of the relationship between the VIX and S&P500," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2012-19, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Maria Dementyeva & Erik T. Verhoef, 2015. "Miles, Speed and Technology: Traffic Safety under Oligopolistic Insurance," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 15-025/VIII, Tinbergen Institute, revised 08 Mar 2016.
- Luis Rizzi, 2008. "Integrating Travel Delays, Road Safety, Care, Vehicle Insurance and Cost-Benefit Analysis of Road Capacity Expansion in a Unified Framework," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 125-140, September.
- Nitzsche, Eric & Tscharaktschiew, Stefan, 2013. "Efficiency of speed limits in cities: A spatial computable general equilibrium assessment," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, pages 23-48.
- repec:eee:touman:v:33:y:2012:i:2:p:466-479 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dementyeva, Maria & Verhoef, Erik T., 2016. "Miles, speed, and technology: Traffic safety under oligopolistic insurance," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, pages 147-162.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:56:y:2004:i:3:p:408-434. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905 .