A behavioural model of traffic congestion: Endogenizing speed choice, traffic safety and time losses
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peirson, John & Skinner, Ian & Vickerman, Roger, 1998.
"The Microeconomic Analysis of the External Costs of Road Accidents,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 65(259), pages 429-440, August.
- John Peirson & Ian Skinner & Roger Vickerman, 1996. "The Microeconomic Analysis of the External Costs of Road Accidents," Studies in Economics 9606, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Verhoef, Erik T., 1999.
"Time, speeds, flows and densities in static models of road traffic congestion and congestion pricing,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 341-369, May.
- Erik Verhoef, 1997. "Time, Speeds, Flows and Densities in Static Models of Road Traffic Congestion and Congestion Pricing," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 97-070/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Erik Teodoor Verhoef, 1998. "Time, speeds, flows and densities in static models of road traffic congestion and congestion pricing," ERSA conference papers ersa98p156, European Regional Science Association.
- Patrick McCarthy, 2001. "Effect of speed limits on speed distributions and highway safety: A survey of recent literature," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 31-50, January.
- Vickrey, William S, 1969. "Congestion Theory and Transport Investment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(2), pages 251-260, May.
- Daganzo, C. F. & Cassidy, M. J. & Bertini, R. L., 1999. "Possible explanations of phase transitions in highway traffic," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 365-379, June.
- F. H. Knight, 1924. "Some Fallacies in the Interpretation of Social Cost," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(4), pages 582-606.
- Keeler, Theodore E & Small, Kenneth A, 1977. "Optimal Peak-Load Pricing, Investment, and Service Levels on Urban Expressways," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(1), pages 1-25, February.
- Dickerson, Andrew & Peirson, John & Vickerman, Roger, 2000.
"Road Accidents and Traffic Flows: An Econometric Investigation,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 67(265), pages 101-121, February.
- Andrew Dickerson & John Peirson & Roger Vickerman, 1998. "Road Accidents and Traffic Flows: An Econometric Investigation," Studies in Economics 9809, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Rotemberg, Julio J., 1985. "The efficiency of equilibrium traffic flows," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 191-205, March.
- Boardman, Anthony E. & Lave, Lester B., 1977. "Highway congestion and congestion tolls," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 340-359, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nitzsche, Eric & Tscharaktschiew, Stefan, 2013. "Efficiency of speed limits in cities: A spatial computable general equilibrium assessment," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 23-48.
- Dementyeva, Maria & Koster, Paul R. & Verhoef, Erik T., 2015.
"Regulation of road accident externalities when insurance companies have market power,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 1-8.
- Maria Dementyeva & Paul R. Koster & Erik T. Verhoef, 2013. "Regulation of Road Accident Externalities when Insurance Companies have Market Power," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-019/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Green, Colin P. & Heywood, John S. & Navarro, María, 2016.
"Traffic accidents and the London congestion charge,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 11-22.
- Colin Green & John Heywood & Maria Navarro Paniagua, 2014. "Traffic accidents and the London congestion charge," Working Papers 66110088, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Simon Shepherd, 2008. "The effect of complex models of externalities on estimated optimal tolls," Transportation, Springer, vol. 35(4), pages 559-577, July.
- repec:eee:touman:v:33:y:2012:i:2:p:466-479 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dementyeva, Maria & Verhoef, Erik T., 2016.
"Miles, speed, and technology: Traffic safety under oligopolistic insurance,"
Transportation Research Part B: Methodological,
Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 147-162.
- Maria Dementyeva & Erik T. Verhoef, 2015. "Miles, Speed and Technology: Traffic Safety under Oligopolistic Insurance," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 15-025/VIII, Tinbergen Institute, revised 08 Mar 2016.
- Steimetz, Seiji S.C., 2008. "Defensive driving and the external costs of accidents and travel delays," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 42(9), pages 703-724, November.
- Knockaert, Jasper & Verhoef, Erik T. & Rouwendal, Jan, 2016.
"Bottleneck congestion: Differentiating the coarse charge,"
Transportation Research Part B: Methodological,
Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 59-73.
- Jasper Knockaert & Erik T. Verhoef & Jan Rouwendal, 2010. "Bottleneck Congestion: Differentiating the Coarse Charge," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 10-097/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Luis Rizzi, 2008. "Integrating Travel Delays, Road Safety, Care, Vehicle Insurance and Cost-Benefit Analysis of Road Capacity Expansion in a Unified Framework," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 125-140, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:56:y:2004:i:3:p:408-434. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.