Out of control: What can we learn from the end of Massachusetts rent control?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Moon, Choon-Geol & Stotsky, Janet G, 1993. "The Effect of Rent Control on Housing Quality Change: A Longitudinal Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(6), pages 1114-1148, December.
- Ault Richard W. & Jackson John D. & Saba Richard P., 1994. "The Effect of Long-Term Rent Control on Tenant Mobility," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 140-158, March.
- Heffley, Dennis, 1998. "Landlords, tenants and the public sector in a spatial equilibrium model of rent control," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 745-772, November.
- Richard Arnott, 1995. "Time for Revisionism on Rent Control?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(1), pages 99-120, Winter.
- Alston, Richard M & Kearl, J R & Vaughan, Michael B, 1992. "Is There a Consensus among Economists in the 1990's?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 203-209, May.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2003. "Cluster-Sample Methods in Applied Econometrics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(2), pages 133-138, May.
- Early, Dirk W., 2000. "Rent Control, Rental Housing Supply, and the Distribution of Tenant Benefits," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 185-204, September.
- Olsen, Edgar O, 1972. "An Econometric Analysis of Rent Control," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(6), pages 1081-1100, Nov.-Dec..
- Gyourko, Joseph & Linneman, Peter, 1990. "Rent controls and rental housing quality: A note on the effects of New York City's old controls," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 398-409, May.
- Gyourko, Joseph & Linneman, Peter, 1989. "Equity and efficiency aspects of rent control: An empirical study of New York City," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 54-74, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Enström Öst, Cecilia & Söderberg, Bo & Wilhelmsson, Mats, 2014.
"Household allocation and spatial distribution in a market under (“soft”) rent control,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 353-372.
- Enström Öst, Cecilia & Söderberg, Bo & Wilhelmsson, Mats, 2013. "Household allocation and spatial distribution in a market under (“soft”) rent control," Working Paper Series 13/5, Royal Institute of Technology, Department of Real Estate and Construction Management & Centre for Banking and Finance (cefin).
- Caldera, Aida & Johansson, Åsa, 2013.
"The price responsiveness of housing supply in OECD countries,"
Journal of Housing Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 231-249.
- Aida Caldera Sánchez & Åsa Johansson, 2011. "The Price Responsiveness of Housing Supply in OECD Countries," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 837, OECD Publishing.
- Bernd Fitzenberger & Benjamin Fuchs, 2017.
"The Residency Discount for Rents in Germany and the Tenancy Law Reform Act 2001: Evidence from Quantile Regressions,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 18(2), pages 212-236, May.
- Bernd Fitzenberger & Benjamin Fuchs, 2016. "The Residency Discount for Rents in Germany and the Tenancy Law Reform Act 2001: Evidence from Quantile Regressions," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 822, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Fitzenberger, Bernd & Fuchs, Benjamin, 2016. "The residency discount for rents in Germany and the Tenancy Law Reform Act 2001: Evidence from quantile regressions," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-012, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Sims David P, 2011. "Rent Control Rationing and Community Composition: Evidence from Massachusetts," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-30, May.
- David H. Autor & Christopher J. Palmer & Parag A. Pathak, 2014.
"Housing Market Spillovers: Evidence from the End of Rent Control in Cambridge, Massachusetts,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 122(3), pages 661-717.
- David H. Autor & Christopher J. Palmer & Parag A. Pathak, 2012. "Housing Market Spillovers: Evidence from the End of Rent Control in Cambridge Massachusetts," NBER Working Papers 18125, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mense, Andreas & Michelsen, Claus & Cholodilin, Konstantin A., 2017. "Empirics on the causal effects of rent control in Germany," FAU Discussion Papers in Economics 24/2017, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Institute for Economics.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:eb-17-00777 is not listed on IDEAS
- Essi Eerola & Tuukka Saarimaa, 2017. "Delivering Affordable Housing and Neighborhood Quality: A Comparison of Place- and Tenant-Based Programs," CESifo Working Paper Series 6674, CESifo Group Munich.
- Konstantin A. Kholodilin & Andreas Mense & Claus Michelsen, 2016. "Market Break or Simply Fake? Empirics on the Causal Effects of Rent Controls in Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1584, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Ooi, Joseph T.L. & Le, Thao T.T. & Lee, Nai-Jia, 2014. "The impact of construction quality on house prices," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 126-138.
- Konstantin A. Kholodilin & Julien Licheron, 2017. "Macroeconomic Effects of Rental Housing Regulations: The Case of Germany in 1950-2015," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1649, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Van Ommeren, Jos & Koopman, Marnix, 2011.
"Public housing and the value of apartment quality to households,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 207-213, May.
- Jos Van Ommeren & Marnix Koopman, 2010. "Public Housing and the Value of Apartment Quality to Households," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 10-085/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Larsen, Morten Marott & Pilegaard, Ninette & Ommeren, Jos Van, 2008. "Congestion and residential moving behaviour," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 378-387, July.
- Iwata, Shinichiro & Yamaga, Hisaki, 2008. "Rental externality, tenure security, and housing quality," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 201-211, September.
- Lerbs, Oliver & Sebastian, Steffen P., . "Mietspiegel aus ökonomischer Sicht – Vorschläge für eine Neuregulierung," BeitrÃ¤ge zur Immobilienwirtschaft, University of Regensburg, Department of Economics, number 10, March.
- Muge Adalet McGowan & Dan Andrews, 2015. "Skill Mismatch and Public Policy in OECD Countries," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1210, OECD Publishing.
- repec:ibn:jmsjnl:v:7:y:2017:i:2:p:45-64 is not listed on IDEAS
- Van Ommeren, Jos N. & Van der Vlist, Arno J., 2016. "Households' willingness to pay for public housing," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 91-105.
- Mark A. C. Kattenberg & Wolter H. J. Hassink, 2017. "Who Moves Out of Social Housing? The Effect of Rent Control on Housing Tenure Choice," De Economist, Springer, vol. 165(1), pages 43-66, March.
- Mora, Juan S., 2008. "The institutions of house tenancy markets in post-war Western Europe : an economic analysis," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp08-11, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Eva M. Berger & Felix Schmidt, 2017. "Unburden Renters by Making Landlords Pay the Commission? Evaluating a Policy Reform in Germany," Working Papers 1716, Gutenberg School of Management and Economics, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:61:y:2007:i:1:p:129-151. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.