Journal of Urban Economics
1996, Volume 39, Issue 1
- 114-131 The Impact of Local Sales Tax on the Value of Owner-Occupied Housing
by Man, Joyce Y. & Bell, Michael E.
1995, Volume 38, Issue 3
- 253-271 General Equilibrium Effects of Local Taxes
by Pasha Hafiz A. & Ghaus A. F. Aisha
- 272-290 Financing Capacity in the Bottleneck Model
by Arnott Richard & Kraus Marvin
- 291-311 Gains from Corporate Headquarters Relocations: Evidence from the Stock Market
by Ghosh Chinmoy & Rodriguez Mauricio & Sirmans C. F.
- 312-316 Pigou, Tiebout, Property Taxation, and the Underprovision of Local Public Goods: Comment
by Noiset Luc
- 317-332 Information, Holdouts, and Land Assembly
by Strange William C.
- 333-356 Mobile Labor, Multiple Tax Instruments, and Tax Competition
by Wilson John Douglas
- 357-378 Flexibility and Tenant Mix in Real Estate Projects
by Grenadier Steven R.
1995, Volume 38, Issue 2
- 127-137 Increased Duration and Sample Attrition in New York City's Rent Controlled Sector
by Nagy John
- 138-165 Growth and Convergence in U.S. Cities
by Crihfield John B. & Panggabean Martin P. H.
- 166-182 Excess Commuting for Two-Worker Households in the Los Angeles Metropolitan Area
by Kim Syoung
- 183-206 Racial and Ethnic Discrimination in Urban Housing Markets: Evidence from a Recent Audit Study
by Page Marianne
- 207-220 Location and History as Determinants of Urban Residential Density
by Yacovissi William & Kern Clifford R.
- 221-235 A Revealed Preference Approach to Ranking City Quality of Life
by Kahn Matthew E.
- 236-251 An Analysis of Elementary and Secondary School Choice
by Lankford R. H. & Lee E. S. & Wyckoff J. H.
1995, Volume 38, Issue 1
- 1-22 A Model of Negotiated Sales Applied to Real Estate Auctions
by Mayer Christopher J.
- 23-49 Urban Spatial Variations in Office-Commercial Rents: The Role of Spatial Amenities and Commercial Zoning
by Sivitanidou Rena
- 50-73 Testing the Central Prediction of Housing Tenure Transition Models
by Jones Lawrence D.
- 74-93 Sources of Fluctuations in the Boston Economy
by Coulson N. Edward & Rushen Steven F.
- 94-125 Housing Prices and the Savings of Renters
by Sheiner Louise
1995, Volume 37, Issue 3
- 239-259 Regional Competition for Domestic and Foreign Investment: Evidence from State Development Expenditures
by de Bartolome Charles A. M. & Spiegel Mark M.
- 260-289 Private Roads
by Viton Philip A.
- 290-310 Locational Choices of Firms and Decentralized Environmental Policy with Various Instruments
by Wellisch Dietmar
- 311-323 The Effect of an Incinerator Siting on Housing Appreciation Rates
by Kiel Katherine A. & McClain Katherine T.
- 324-343 Endogenous Trip Scheduling: The Henderson Approach Reformulated and Compared with the Vickrey Approach
by Chu Xuehao
- 344-360 Projecting Growth of Metropolitan Areas
by Mills Edwin S. & Lubuele Luan' Sende
1995, Volume 37, Issue 2
- 131-160 The Use of Land for Roadways in a Growing Mills-de Ferranti Urban Area
by Braid Ralph M.
- 161-175 A Model of Housing Tenure Choice in Australia
by Bourassa Steven C.
- 176-200 Examining the Role of Economic Opportunity and Amenities in Explaining Population Redistribution
by Mueser Peter R. & Graves Philip E.
- 201-211 Allocative Inefficiency and Local Government
by Taylor Lori L.
- 212-237 A Dynamic Model of Landlord Reinvestment Behavior
by Kutty Nandinee K.
1995, Volume 37, Issue 1
- 1-16 The Spatial Segregation of Ethnic and Demographic Groups: Comparative Evidence from Stockholm and San Francisco
by Harsman Bjorn & Quigley John M.
- 17-37 Can Brokerage Have an Equilibrium Selection Role?
by Yavas Abdullah
- 38-56 Domestic Geographic Variation in Illicit Drug Prices
by Caulkins Jonathan P.
- 57-71 Local and National Determinants of Office Vacancies
by Grenadier Steven R.
- 72-87 Private Protection against Crime
by Lacroix Guy & Narceau Nicolas
- 88-106 Regional Income Dynamics
by Carlino Gerald & Defina Robert
- 107-129 Property Taxes, Mobility, and Home Ownership
by O'Sullivan Arthur & Sexton Terri A. & Sheffrin Steven M.
1994, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 239-248 Joint Estimation of Population Density Functions and the Location of the Central Business District
by Alperovich Gershon & Deutsch Joseph
- 249-277 State Income Taxes and Homeownership: A Test of the Tax Arbitrage Theory
by Narwold Andrew & Sonstelie Jon
- 278-291 Intertemporal Commitment Problems and Voting on Redistributive Taxation
by Glazer Amihai & Konrad Kai A.
- 292-313 Population and Employment Densities: Structure and Change
by Small Kenneth A. & Song Shunfeng
- 314-332 Property Tax Rate Changes and Rates of Development
by Zax Jeffrey S. & Skidmore Mark
- 333-352 Vintage Growth and Population Density: An Empirical Investigation
by McMillen Daniel P.
- 353-364 An Empirical Analysis of the Direct and Indirect Effects of Relaxed Interstate Speed Limits on Highway Safety
by McCarthy Patrick S.
1994, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 117-142 Shocks and Valuation in the Rental Housing Market
by Alm James & Follain James R.
- 143-160 The Duration of Rental Housing Vacancies
by Sternberg Theodore D.
- 161-183 The Influence of Economic Variables on Local House Price Dynamics
by Clapp John M. & Giaccotto Carmelo
- 184-208 Local Public Good Provision under Uncertainty: Do Monopoly Bureaus Wield Carrots -- or Sticks?
by Craig Steven G. & Hsieh Edward Wei-Te
- 209-237 House Prices and the Decision to Save for Down Payments
by Engelhardt Gary V.
1994, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-7 Optimal Road Capacity with a Suboptimal Congestion Toll
by Gronau Reuben
- 8-22 Tests of Borrower Perceptions in the Adjustable-Rate Mortgage Market: Do Borrowers View ARM Contracts as Distinct?
by Sa-Aadu J. & Shilling James D.
- 23-41 Agglomeration and Industrial Location: An Econometric Analysis of Japanese-Affiliated Manufacturing Establishments in Automotive-Related Industries
by Smith Jr. , Donald F. & Florida Richard
- 42-65 Statement to the Joint Committee on Washington, DC, Metropolitan Problems (with a foreword by Richard Arnott and Marvin Kraus)
by Vikrey W.
- 66-78 Strategic Capital Tax Competition: A Pecuniary Externality and a Corrective Device
by DePeter James A. & Myers Gordon M.
- 79-97 The Monocentric Model and Employment Location
by Boarnet Marlon G.
- 98-115 Dynamic Effects of Federal Grants on Local Spending
by Zou Heng-fu
1994, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 245-266 Testing the Present Value Relation for Housing Prices: Should I Leave My House in San Francisco?
by Meese Richard & Wallace Nancy
- 267-277 The Market for Residential Architecture: 19th Century Row Houses in Boston's South End
by Moorhouse John C. & Smith Margaret Supplee
- 278-296 Default Probabilities for Mortgages
by Kau James B. & Keenan Donald C. & Kim Taewon
- 297-319 The Risk Structure of Land Markets
by Capozza Dennis R. & Sick Gordon A.
- 320-345 Work, Search, and Travel among White and Black Youth
by Holzer Harry J. & Ihlanfeldt Keith R. & Sjoquist David L.
- 346-368 An Equilibrium Model Endogenizing the Emergence of a Dual Structure between the Urban and Rural Sectors
by Yang Xiaokai & Rice Robert
1994, Volume 35, Issue 2
- 121-139 Office Rent Indices and Their Behavior over Time
by Wheaton William C. & Torto Raymond G.
- 140-158 The Effect of Long-Term Rent Control on Tenant Mobility
by Ault Richard W. & Jackson John D. & Saba Richard P.
- 159-174 Intertemporal Analysis of State and Local Government Spending: Theory and Tests
by Holtz-Eakin Douglas & Rosen Harvey S. & Tilly Schuyler
- 175-181 Zoning, Nonconvexities, and T. Jack Foster's City
by Fischel William A.
- 182-200 Redevelopment and the Urban Land Price Gradient
by Rosenthal Stuart S. & Helsley Robert W.
- 201-220 Tastes, Skills, and Local Public Goods
by Brueckner Jan K.
- 221-244 Measuring Changes in Local House Prices: An Empirical Investigation of Alternative Methodologies
by Gatzlaff Dean H. & Ling David C.
1994, Volume 35, Issue 1
- 1-27 Housing Market Dynamics and the Future of Housing Prices
by DiPasquale Denise & Wheaton William C.
- 28-45 Housing Decisions of American Youth
by Haurin Donald R. & Hendershott Patric H. & Kim Dongwook
- 46-70 Optimal Location and Production: A Profit Function Analysis in Cartesian Space
by Gruver Gene W. & Xu Dianqing
- 71-82 Condominium Covenants: Cats, Yes; Dogs, No
by Cannaday Roger E.
- 83-104 Where Does an Industry Locate?
by Henderson I. Vernon
- 105-118 Causality in the Suburbanization of Population and Employment
by Thurston Lawrence & Yezer Anthony M. J.
1993, Volume 34, Issue 3
- 319-346 Estimation of Hedonic Housing Price Models Using Nonsample Information: A Monte Carlo Study
by Knight J. R. & Hill R. Carter & Sirmans C. F.
- 347-357 City Size and the Rate and Duration of Unemployment: Evidence from Israeli Data
by Alperovich Gershon
- 358-379 Tax Competition, Nash Equilibria, and Residential Mobility
by Hoyt William H.
- 380-400 Productivity Gains from Geographic Concentration of Human Capital: Evidence from the Cities
by Rauch James E.
- 401-413 The Impact of Distributional Objectives on the Toll and Capacity of a Congestible Facility
by Mumy Gene E. & Niskanen Esko
- 414-431 Bottleneck Congestion and Modal Split
by Tabuchi Takatoshi
1993, Volume 34, Issue 2
- 101-101 Essays in Honor of Edwin S. Mills
by Brueckner Jan K.
- 102-117 Land Capitalization, Tiebout Mobility, and the Role of Zoning Regulations
by Wheaton William C.
- 118-141 Technological Linkages and Efficient Location of Indivisible Activities: Koopmans - Beckmann and von Thunen Unified
by Fujita Masahisa & Thisse Jacques-Francois
- 142-158 Sequential Development
by Amin Kaushik & Capozza Dennis R.
- 159-185 A Simulation Model of a Decentralized Metropolitan Area with Two-Worker, Traditional, and Female-Headed Households
by Hotchkiss David & White Michelle J.
- 186-206 Technological Progress in a Model of the Housing - Land Cycle
by Anas Alex & Arnott Richard J.
- 207-229 Development Games in Non-monocentric Cities
by Henderson Vernon & Slade Eric
- 230-248 Family Networks and Youth Access to Jobs
by O'Regan Katherine M. & Quigley John M.
- 249-274 Bumper to Bumper: A New Approach to Congestion in an Urban Model
by Yinger John
- 275-298 Identifying the Effects of Tax Reform on Multifamily Rental Housing
by Follain James R. & Leavens Donald R. & Velz Orawin T.
- 299-317 Amenities, Nontraded Goods, and the Trade of Lumpy Countries
by Courant Paul N. & Deardorff Alan V.
1993, Volume 34, Issue 1
- 1-23 Uptrading and the Macroeconomic Environment
by Nakagami Yasuhiro & Pereira Alfredo M.
- 24-42 Bureaucrats and Tax Limitation
by Lee Kangoh
- 43-74 Abandoned Buildings: A Stochastic Analysis
by O'Flaherty Brendan
- 75-95 Spatial Competition between Jurisdictions Which Tax Perfectly Competitive Retail (or Production) Centers
by Braid Ralph M.
- 96-100 Economic Efficiency vs Traffic Restraint: A Note on Singapore's Area License Scheme
by McCarthy Patrick & Tay Richard
1993, Volume 33, Issue 3
- 273-304 Spurious Agglomeration
by DeCoster Gregory P. & Strange William C.
- 305-330 Around the Block: Urban Models with a Street Grid
by Yinger John
- 331-343 The Substitution Theorem in Urban Consumer Theory
by Turnbull Geoffrey K.
- 344-360 The Decision to Regionalize in the Provision of Education: An Application of the Tiebout Model
by Miceli Thomas J.
- 361-376 Changing Capitalization of CBD-Oriented Transportation Systems: Evidence from Philadelphia, 1970-1988
by Voith Richard
1993, Volume 33, Issue 2
- 135-150 Can Blacks Earn More in the Suburbs? Racial Differences in Intra-metropolitan Earnings Variation
by McMillan Daniel P.
- 151-166 Local Public Sector Bureaucrats and Their Input Choices
by Grosskopf Shawna & Hayes Kathy
- 167-188 Could Zoning Have Increased Land Values in Chicago?
by McMillen Daniel P. & McDonald John F.
- 189-222 Specialization and Diversification in a System of Cities
by Abdel-Rahman Hesham M. & Fujita Masahisa
- 223-234 A Model of Redlining
by Lang William W. & Nakamura Leonard I.
- 235-253 Household Mobility, Asymmetric Information, and the Pricing of Mortgage Contract Rates
by Rosenthal Stuart S. & Zorn Peter
- 254-271 Intra-urban Job Accessibility and Hispanic Youth Employment Rates
by Ihlanfeldt Keith R.
1993, Volume 33, Issue 1
- 1-9 Land Development, Externalities, and Pigouvian Taxes
by Anderson John E.
- 10-28 The Demand for Home Mortgage Debt
by Jones Lawrence D.
- 29-47 Fiscal Inequivalence, Incentive Equivalence and Pareto Efficiency in a Decentralized Urban Context
by Myers Gordon M. & Papageorgiou Yorgos Y.
- 48-67 Mean City--A Consistent Approximation of Bid Rent Equilibria
by Kamecke Ulrich
- 68-75 Housing Costs and Bequest Motives
by Nakagami Yasuhiro & Pereira Alfredo M.
- 76-94 The Sources of Sectoral Fluctuations in Metropolitan Areas
by Coulson N. Edward
- 95-114 Public Output Demands from Alternative Congestion Functions
by McGreer Edward & McMillan Melville L.
- 115-123 The Effect of Ocean and Lake Coast Amenities on Cities
by Smith Bruce H.
- 124-133 Welfare Costs of the Suboptimal Size Distribution of Cities
by Suh Seoung Hwan
1992, Volume 32, Issue 3
- 269-283 On the theory of growth controls
by Engle, Robert & Navarro, Peter & Carson, Richard
- 284-298 Comparative statics analysis of density controls
by Pasha, Hafiz A.
- 299-317 Price discrimination in shopping center leases
by Benjamin, John D. & Boyle, Glenn W. & Sirmans, C. F.
- 318-325 The case for heterogeneity of cities
by Pasha, Hafiz A.
- 326-350 Explaining home improvement in the context of household investment in residential housing
by Montgomery, Claire
- 351-366 Effects of urban transportation system change on land prices in the setting of owner-occupied residence
by Mun, Se-il & Sasaki, Komei
- 367-376 The distribution of the benefits of tax arbitrage in the housing market
by Narwold, Andrew
- 377-387 The measurement and determinants of suburbanization
by Mills, Edwin S.
- 388-403 The impact of housing costs on the living arrangements of single mothers
by Winkler, Anne E.
1992, Volume 32, Issue 2
- 119-139 Owner-occupied housing, capital gains, and the Tax Reform Act of 1986
by Hoyt, William H. & Rosenthal, Stuart S.
- 140-158 The fiscal effect of community composition on public services and welfare
by de Bartolome, Charles A. M.
- 159-185 Self-selection and internal migration in the United States
by Borjas, George J. & Bronars, Stephen G. & Trejo, Stephen J.
- 186-194 The nonneutrality of the land value tax: Impacts on urban structure
by Lim, Duck-Ho
- 195-213 Work location, residence location, and the intraurban wage gradient
by McMillen, Daniel P. & Singell, Larry Jr.
- 214-232 The racial housing price differential and racially transitional neighborhoods
by Chambers, Daniel N.
- 233-256 Maximum score estimates of the determinants of residential mobility: Implications for the value of residential attachment and neighborhood amenities
by Bartik, Timothy J. & Butler, J. S. & Liu, Jin-Tan
- 257-268 Economies of scale and input substitution in public libraries
by DeBoer, Larry
1992, Volume 32, Issue 1
- 1-16 An analysis of the supply of housing characteristics by builders within the Rosen framework
by Kinzy, Scott A.
- 17-39 Overlapping neighborhoods and housing externalities
by Strange, William
- 40-44 A note on transactions costs, moving costs, and benefit measurement
by Palmquist, Raymond B.
- 45-51 A comment on the many faces of Tiebout bias
by Roberts, Judith
- 52-69 Local market and national components in house price appreciation
by Gyourko, Joseph & Voith, Richard
- 70-91 Intraurban wage gradients: Evidence by race, gender, occupational class, and sector
by Ihlanfeldt, Keith R.
- 92-107 The streetcar and residential location in nineteenth century Philadelphia
by Gin, Alan & Sonstelie, Jon
- 108-118 Hedonic prices and contractual contingencies
by Shilling, James D. & Sirmans, C. F. & Turnbull, Geoffrey K. & Benjamin, John D.
1992, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 273-284 Selection bias and land development in the monocentric city model
by McMillen, Daniel P. & Jarmin, Ronald & Thorsnes, Paul
- 285-300 Do local governments use their tax bases efficiently?
by Krelove, R.
- 301-310 Explaining the postwar suburbanization of population in the United States: The role of income
by Margo, Robert A.
- 311-324 Estimation of duration models using the Annual Housing Survey
by Gronberg, Timothy J. & Reed, W. Robert
- 325-336 Residential location and scheduling of work hours
by Wilson, Paul W.
- 337-359 The cost of capital, tax reform, and the future of the rental housing market
by DiPasquale, Denise & Wheaton, William C.
- 360-374 Siting noxious facilities: A siting lottery with victim compensation
by Sullivan, Arthur M.
- 375-387 On welfare measurement in cities
by Crane, Randall
- 388-407 An analysis of the efficiency of urban residential structure, with an application to racial integration
by Yinger, John
1992, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 145-163 Testing the standard urban model of residential choice: An implicit markets approach
by Herrin, William E. & Kern, Clifford R.
- 164-180 Income distribution and the residential density gradient
by Anas, Alex & Kim, Ikki
- 181-205 City and suburb: Urban models with more than one employment center
by Yinger, John
- 206-229 Wage and rent capitalization in the commercial real estate market
by Sivitanidou, Rena & Wheaton, William C.
- 230-251 Land values and housing rents in urban Japan
by Rose, Louis A.
- 252-271 Production-location decision and free entry oligopoly
by Mai, Chao-cheng & Hwang, Hong
1992, Volume 31, Issue 1
- 1-13 Measuring welfare effects of "unbundling" financial innovations: The case of collateralized mortgage obligations
by Jameson, Mel & Dewan, S. & Sirmans, C. F.
- 14-24 Controlling the abandonment of automobiles: Mandatory deposits vs fines
by Lee, Dwight R. & Graves, Philip E. & Sexton, Robert L.
- 25-58 Sectoral growth patterns at the metropolitan level: An evaluation of economic development incentives
by hUallachain, Breandan O & Satterthwaite, Mark A.
- 59-68 Valuing localized externalities
by Palmquist, Raymond B.
- 69-83 Evidence on metropolitan wage differences across industries and over time
by Montgomery, Edward
- 84-98 Voluntary income redistribution with migration
by Crane, Randall
- 99-122 Housing demand in the United States in the late nineteenth century: Evidence from the commissioner of labor survey, 1889/1890
by Haines, Michael R. & Goodman, Allen C.
- 123-137 Strategic behavior in pooled condominium auctions
by Vanderporten, Bruce
- 138-139 A note on natural office vacancy rates
by Voith, Richard P.
- 140-143 Natural office vacancy rates: Some additional estimates
by Shilling, James D. & Sirmans, C. F. & Corgel, John B.
1991, Volume 30, Issue 3
- 271-292 Housing appreciation, mortgage interest rates, and homeowner mobility
by Nakagami, Yasuhiro & Pereira, Alfredo M.
- 293-309 Coexistence and segregation of two groups in a metropolitan area through externalities
by Kishimoto, Kazuo
- 310-328 The elusive flypaper effect
by Wyckoff, Paul Gary
- 329-343 Public infrastructure and regional economic development: A simultaneous equations approach
by Duffy-Deno, Kevin T. & Eberts, Randall W.
- 344-359 Do the poor still pay more? Food price variations in large metropolitan areas
by MacDonald, James M. & Nelson, Paul Jr.
- 360-372 The long-run elasticity of demand for commuter rail transportation
by Voith, Richard
- 373-384 Contributing authors and institutions to the Journal of Urban Economics: 1974-1989
by Allen, Marcus T. & Kau, James B.
- 385-407 Residential spatial growth with perfect foresight and multiple income groups
by Braid, Ralph M.
1991, Volume 30, Issue 2
- 133-151 Valuation of pollution abatement benefits: Direct and indirect measurement
by Shechter, M. & Kim, M.
- 152-166 The impact of rental properties on the value of single-family residences
by Wang, Ko & Grissom, Terry V. & Webb, James R. & Spellman, Lewis
- 167-181 Asymmetric tax competition
by Bucovetsky, S.
- 182-191 The optimal size distribution of cities
by Suh, Seoung Hwan
- 192-207 Compensation for commutes in labor and housing markets
by Zax, Jeffrey S.
- 208-223 Density bonuses, exactions, and the supply of affordable housing
by Rubin, Jeffrey I. & Seneca, Joseph J.
- 224-241 Amenities and regional differences in returns to worker characteristics
by Beeson, Patricia E.
- 242-256 Impact fees, exclusionary zoning, and the density of new development
by Gyourko, Joseph
- 257-270 A Markov Chain model of zoning change
by McMillen, Daniel P. & McDonald, John F.
1991, Volume 30, Issue 1
- 1-26 The impact of toxic waste sites on housing values
by Kohlhase, Janet E.
- 27-47 Spatial duopoly and residential structure
by Fujita, Masahisa & Thisse, Jacques-Francois
- 48-63 Credit rationing and the demand for owner-occupied housing
by Rosenthal, Stuart S. & Duca, John V. & Gabriel, Stuart A.
- 64-82 Optimal regulation of land development through price and fiscal controls
by Henderson, J. Vernon
- 83-99 Property tax revaluation and tax levy growth revisited
by Ladd, Helen F.
- 100-111 Housing price functions and ownership capitalization rates
by Linneman, Peter & Voith, Richard
- 112-122 Free riders and distortionary zoning by local communities
by Miceli, Thomas J.
- 123-131 Property taxation, Nash equilibrium, and market power
by Hoyt, William H.
1991, Volume 29, Issue 3
- 267-281 The demand for housing in Sweden: Equilibrium choice of tenure and type of dwelling
by Brownstone, David & Englund, Peter
- 282-294 Determinants and consequences of the private -- Public school choice
by Hamilton, Bruce W. & Macauley, Molly K.
- 295-309 Optimal investments to establish property rights in land
by Malik, Arun & Schwab, Robert M.
- 310-328 Tall buildings on cheap land: Building heights and intrabuilding travel costs
by Arthur M. Sullivan
- 329-348 Explaining variations in employment growth: Structural and cyclical change among states and local areas
by David G. Terkla & Peter B. Doeringer
- 349-370 Existence of equilibrium configurations of competitive firms on an infinite two-dimensional space
by Atsuyuki Okabe & Masaki Aoyagi