Three-rate property taxation and housing construction
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Lyytikäinen, Teemu, 2007. "The Effect of Three-rate Property Taxation on Housing Construction," Discussion Papers 419, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 1999.
"Distribution-free estimation of some nonlinear panel data models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 77-97, May.
- Wooldridge, J.M., 1990. "Distribution-Free Estimation Of Some Nonlinear Panel Data Models," Working papers 564, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Mayer, Christopher J. & Somerville, C. Tsuriel, 2000. "Residential Construction: Using the Urban Growth Model to Estimate Housing Supply," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 85-109, July.
- Anderson, John E, 1999. "Two-Rate Property Tax Effects on Land Development," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 181-190, March.
- Richard Arnott, 2005.
"Neutral Property Taxation,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 7(1), pages 27-50, February.
- Richard Arnott, 1998. "Neutral Property Taxation," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 411., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Arnott, Richard, 2000. "Neutral Property Taxation," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt27h7789n, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Capozza, Dennis & Li, Yuming, 1994. "The Intensity and Timing of Investment: The Case of Land," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 889-904, September.
- Richard Arnott & Petia Petrova, 2006.
"The Property Tax as a Tax on Value: Deadweight Loss,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 13(2), pages 241-266, May.
- Richard Arnott & Petia Petrova, 2002. "The Property Tax as a Tax on Value: Deadweight Loss," IDEP Working Papers 0203, Institut d'economie publique (IDEP), Marseille, France, revised Apr 2002.
- Richard Arnott & Petia Petrova, 2002. "The Property Tax as a Tax on Value: Deadweight Loss," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 532, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Richard Arnott & Petia Petrova, 2002. "The Property Tax as a Tax on Value: Deadweight Loss," NBER Working Papers 8913, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McFarlane, Alastair, 1999. "Taxes, Fees, and Urban Development," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 416-436, November.
- Geoffrey Turnbull, 2005. "The Investment Incentive Effects of Land Use Regulations," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 357-395, December.
- Page Marianne, 1995. "Racial and Ethnic Discrimination in Urban Housing Markets: Evidence from a Recent Audit Study," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 183-206, September.
- Zax Jeffrey S. & Skidmore Mark, 1994. "Property Tax Rate Changes and Rates of Development," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 314-332, November.
- Hausman, Jerry & Hall, Bronwyn H & Griliches, Zvi, 1984.
"Econometric Models for Count Data with an Application to the Patents-R&D Relationship,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(4), pages 909-938, July.
- Jerry A. Hausman & Bronwyn H. Hall & Zvi Griliches, 1984. "Econometric Models for Count Data with an Application to the Patents-R&D Relationship," NBER Technical Working Papers 0017, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Myoung-Jae Lee & Satoru Kobayashi, 2001. "Proportional treatment effects for count response panel data: effects of binary exercise on health care demand," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(5), pages 411-428.
- Turnbull, Geoffrey K., 1991. "A comparative dynamic analysis of zoning in a growing city," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 235-248, March.
- Arnott, Richard J & Lewis, Frank D, 1979. "The Transition of Land to Urban Use," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(1), pages 161-169, February.
- Plassmann, Florenz & Tideman, T. Nicolaus, 2000. "A Markov Chain Monte Carlo Analysis of the Effect of Two-Rate Property Taxes on Construction," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 216-247, March.
- Geoffrey K. Turnbull, 2002. "Land Development under the Threat of Taking," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 69(2), pages 290-308, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bimonte, Salvatore & Stabile, Arsenio, 2015. "Local taxation and urban development. Testing for the side-effects of the Italian property tax," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 100-107.
- Lyytikäinen, Teemu, 2012.
"Tax competition among local governments: Evidence from a property tax reform in Finland,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, pages 584-595.
- Teemu Lyytikäinen, 2011. "Tax competition among local governments: evidence from a property tax reform in Finland," Working Papers 26, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
- Teemu Lyytikäinen, 2011. "Tax Competition Among Local Governments: Evidence from a Property Tax Reform in Finland," SERC Discussion Papers 0082, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Teemu Lyytikäinen, 2011. "Tax competition among local governments: evidence from a property tax reform in Finland," Working Papers 2011/35, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Hansjörg Blöchliger & José Maria Pinero Campos, 2011. "Tax Competition Between Sub-Central Governments," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 872, OECD Publishing.
- Seong-Hoon Cho & Seung Gyu Kim & Dayton M. Lambert & Roland K. Roberts, 2013. "Impact of a Two-Rate Property Tax on Residential Densities," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 95(3), pages 685-704.
More about this item
KeywordsProperty taxation Land taxation Land development Housing construction Count data;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:65:y:2009:i:3:p:305-313. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.