Taxes, Fees, and Urban Development
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Larry D. Singell & Jane H. Lillydahl, 1990. "An Empirical Examination of the Effect of Impact Fees on the Housing Market," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 66(1), pages 82-92.
- Charles J. Delaney & Marc T. Smith, 1989. "Impact Fees and the Price of New Housing: An Empirical Study," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 17(1), pages 41-54.
- McMillen, Daniel P., 1990. "The timing and duration of development tax rate increases," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-18, July.
- Anderson John E., 1993. "Land Development, Externalities, and Pigouvian Taxes," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 1-9, January.
- Joseph Gyourko & Richard Voith, 1997. "Does the U.S. tax treatment of housing promote suburbanization and central city decline?," Working Papers 97-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Gyourko, Joseph, 1991. "Impact fees, exclusionary zoning, and the density of new development," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 242-256, September.
- Anderson, John E., 1986. "Property taxes and the timing of urban land development," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 483-492, November.
- Brueckner, Jan K., 1997. "Infrastructure financing and urban development:: The economics of impact fees," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 383-407, December.
- Andrejs Skaburskis & Mohammad Qadeer, 1992. "An Empirical Estimation of the Price Effects of Development Impact Fees," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 29(5), pages 653-667, June.
- Arnott, Richard J & Lewis, Frank D, 1979. "The Transition of Land to Urban Use," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(1), pages 161-169, February.
- Capozza, Dennis R. & Helsley, Robert W., 1989. "The fundamentals of land prices and urban growth," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 295-306, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mayer, Christopher J. & Somerville, C. Tsuriel, 2000. "Land use regulation and new construction," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 639-662, December.
- Bimonte, Salvatore & Stabile, Arsenio, 2015. "Local taxation and urban development. Testing for the side-effects of the Italian property tax," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 100-107.
- Lyytikäinen, Teemu, 2009.
"Three-rate property taxation and housing construction,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 305-313, May.
- Lyytikäinen, Teemu, 2007. "The Effect of Three-rate Property Taxation on Housing Construction," Discussion Papers 419, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Gyourko, Joseph & Molloy, Raven, 2015. "Regulation and Housing Supply," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, Elsevier.
- Miceli, Thomas J. & Sirmans, C.F., 2007. "The holdout problem, urban sprawl, and eminent domain," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3-4), pages 309-319, November.
- Duffy, David & McQuinn, Kieran & Morley, Ciara & Foley, Daniel, 2015. "Quarterly Economic Commentary, Winter 2015," Forecasting Report, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number QEC20154, April.
- Florenz Plassmann & T. Nicolaus Tideman, 2007. "Efficient Urban Renewal Without Takings: Two Solutions to the Land Assembly Problem," Working Papers e07-8, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Department of Economics.
- Lee, Tan & Jou, Jyh-Bang, 2007. "The regulation of optimal development density," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 21-36, March.
- Morley, Ciara & Duffy, David & McQuinn, Kieran, 2015. "A Review of Housing Supply Policies," Quarterly Economic Commentary: Special Articles, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Thomas J. Miceli & C. F. Sirmans, 2004. "The Holdout Problem and Urban Sprawl," Working papers 2004-38, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Joseph Gyourko & Raven Molloy, 2014. "Regulation and Housing Supply," NBER Working Papers 20536, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Belal Fallah & Mark Partridge & M. Olfert, 2012. "Uncertain economic growth and sprawl: evidence from a stochastic growth approach," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 49(3), pages 589-617, December.
- Jou, Jyh-Bang, 2012. "Efficient growth boundaries in the presence of population externalities and stochastic rents," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 349-357.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:46:y:1999:i:3:p:416-436. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.