Land use externalities, open space preservation, and urban sprawl
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Henderson, Vernon & Becker, Randy, 2000. "Political Economy of City Sizes and Formation," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 453-484, November.
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1990.
"Irreversibility, uncertainty, and investment,"
3137-90., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- J. Vernon Henderson & Jacques-Francois Thisse, 2001.
"On Strategic Community Development,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 109(3), pages 546-569, June.
- William A. Brock & Steven N. Durlauf, 2000.
00-05-028, Santa Fe Institute.
- Henderson, Vernon & Mitra, Arindam, 1996. "The new urban landscape: Developers and edge cities," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 613-643, December.
- Robert McDonald & Daniel Siegel, 1986. "The Value of Waiting to Invest," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(4), pages 707-727.
- Schatzki, Todd, 2003. "Options, uncertainty and sunk costs:: an empirical analysis of land use change," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 86-105, July.
- Clarke, Harry R. & Reed, William J., 1989.
"The tree-cutting problem in a stochastic environment : The case of age-dependent growth,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 569-595, October.
- Harry R Clarke & William J. Reed, 1989. "The Tree-Cutting Problem in a Stochastic Environment: The case of Age Dependent Growth," Working Papers 1989.01, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Harry R Clarke & William J. Reed, 1989. "The Tree-Cutting Problem in a Stochastic Environment: The case of Age Dependent Growth," Working Papers 1989.01 EDIRC Provider-In, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Grenadier, Steven R, 1996. " The Strategic Exercise of Options: Development Cascades and Overbuilding in Real Estate Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(5), pages 1653-1679, December.
- Richard Arnott & Frank D. Lewis, 1977.
"The Transition of Land to Urban Use,"
267, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Steven R. Grenadier, 2002. "Option Exercise Games: An Application to the Equilibrium Investment Strategies of Firms," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(3), pages 691-721.
- Daniel P. McMillen, 1989. "An Empirical Model of Urban Fringe Land Use," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 65(2), pages 138-145.
- Charles F. Manski, 1993.
"Identification of Endogenous Social Effects: The Reflection Problem,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 60(3), pages 531-542.
- Manski, C.F., 1991. "Identification of Endogenous Social Effects: the Reflection Problem," Working papers 9127, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- J Landis & M Zhang, 1998. "The second generation of the California urban futures model. Part 2: Specification and calibration results of the land-use change submodel," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 25(6), pages 795-824, November.
- Capozza, Dennis R. & Helsley, Robert W., 1989. "The fundamentals of land prices and urban growth," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 295-306, November.
- Nancy E. Bockstael, 1996. "Modeling Economics and Ecology: The Importance of a Spatial Perspective," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1168-1180.
- Capozza, Dennis & Li, Yuming, 1994. "The Intensity and Timing of Investment: The Case of Land," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 889-904, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:regeco:v:34:y:2004:i:6:p:705-725. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.