An Empirical Model of Urban Fringe Land Use
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
- Katharine R E Sims & Jenny Schuetz, 2007. "Environmental Regulation and Land Use Change: Do Local Wetlands Bylaws Slow the Conversion of Open Space to Residential Uses?," CID Working Papers 18, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Mayer, Christopher J. & Somerville, C. Tsuriel, 2000.
"Land use regulation and new construction,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 639-662, December.
- Christopher J. Mayer & C. Tsuriel Somerville, "undated". "Land Use Regulation and New Construction," Zell/Lurie Center Working Papers 331, Wharton School Samuel Zell and Robert Lurie Real Estate Center, University of Pennsylvania.
- Magliocca, Nicholas & McConnell, Virginia & Walls, Margaret & Safirova, Elena, 2012. "Zoning on the urban fringe: Results from a new approach to modeling land and housing markets," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 198-210.
- Magliocca, Nicholas & McConnell, Virginia & Walls, Margaret & Safirova, Elena, 2012. "Zoning on the Urban Fringe: Results from a New Approach to Modeling Land and Housing Markets," Discussion Papers dp-11-32, Resources For the Future.
- T. Randall Fortenbery & Steven C. Deller & Lindsay Amiel, 2013. "The Location Decisions of Biodiesel Refineries," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 89(1), pages 118-136.
- Michael Brady & Elena Irwin, 2011. "Accounting for Spatial Effects in Economic Models of Land Use: Recent Developments and Challenges Ahead," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 48(3), pages 487-509, March.
- Fu, Yuming & Somerville, C. Tsuriel, 2001. "Site Density Restrictions: Measurement and Empirical Analysis," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 404-423, March.
- Felipe Morandé & Alexandra Petermann & Miguel Vargas, 2010. "Determinants of Urban Vacant Land," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 188-202, February.
- Raja Chakir & Thibault Laurent & Anne Ruiz-Gazen & Christine Thomas-Agnan & Céline Vignes, 2017. "Prédiction de l’usage des sols sur un zonage régulier à différentes résolutions et à partir de covariables facilement accessibles," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 68(3), pages 435-469.
- Chakir, Raja & Laurent, Thibault & Ruiz-Gazen, Anne & Thomas-Agnan, Christine & Vignes, Céline, 2017. "Prédiction de l’usage des sols sur un zonage régulier à différentes résolutions et à partir de covariables facilement accessibles," TSE Working Papers 17-769, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Irwin, Elena G. & Bockstael, Nancy E., 2004. "Land use externalities, open space preservation, and urban sprawl," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 705-725, November.
- Cho, Seong-Hoon & Chen, Zhuo & Yen, Steven T., 2008. "Urban Growth Boundary and Housing Prices: The Case of Knox County, Tennessee," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 38(1), pages 29-44.
- Irwin, Elena G. & Carrion-Flores, Carmen E., 2005. "Using Regression Discontinuity Design to Identify the Effect of Zoning," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19258, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Groeneveld, Rolf & van Ierland, E. C. & Hejiman, W. J. M., 1999. "A comparison of approaches to spatially explicit modelling of land use/cover change," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa431, European Regional Science Association.
- John Polimeni, 2005. "Simulating Agricultural Conversion to Residential use in the Hudson River Valley: Scenario Analyses and Case Studies," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 22(4), pages 377-393, December.
- Cho, Seong-Hoon & Newman, David H., 2005. "Spatial analysis of rural land development," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 732-744, August.
- Bell, Kathleen P. & Irwin, Elena G., 2002. "Spatially explicit micro-level modelling of land use change at the rural-urban interface," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 27(3), November.
- Bell, Kathleen P. & Irwin, Elena G., 2002. "Spatially explicit micro-level modelling of land use change at the rural-urban interface," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 217-232, November.
- Bockstael, N. & Costanza, R. & Strand, I. & Boynton, W. & Bell, K. & Wainger, L., 1995. "Ecological economic modeling and valuation of ecosystems," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 143-159, August.
- Nicolas Dendoncker & Mark Rounsevell & Patrick Bogaert, 2005. "Empirically Derived Suitability Maps to Downscale Aggregated Land Use Data," ERSA conference papers ersa05p59, European Regional Science Association.
- Carmen Carrión-Flores & Elena G. Irwin, 2017. "A fixed effects logit model of rural land conversion and zoning," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 58(1), pages 181-208, January.
- Towe, Charles A. & Nickerson, Cynthia J. & Bockstael, Nancy E., 2005. "An Empirical Examination of Real Options and the Timing of Land Conversions," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19125, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Israel, Emil & Cohen-Blankshtain, Galit, 2010. "Testing the decentralization effects of rail systems: Empirical findings from Israel," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 44(7), pages 523-536, August.
- Sims, Katharine R.E. & Schuetz, Jenny, 2009. "Local regulation and land-use change: The effects of wetlands bylaws in Massachusetts," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 409-421, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:landec:v:65:y:1989:i:2:p:138-145. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed