Pricing the major US hub airports
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arnott, Richard & de Palma, Andre & Lindsey, Robin, 1990. "Economics of a bottleneck," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 111-130, January.
- Daniel, Joseph I, 1995. "Congestion Pricing and Capacity of Large Hub Airports: A Bottleneck Model with Stochastic Queues," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(2), pages 327-370, March.
- Vickrey, William S, 1969. "Congestion Theory and Transport Investment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(2), pages 251-260, May.
- Omosigho, S. E. & Worthington, D. J., 1988. "An approximation of known accuracy for single server queues with inhomogeneous arrival rate and continuous service time distribution," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 304-313, February.
- Jan K. Brueckner, 2002. "Airport Congestion When Carriers Have Market Power," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1357-1375, December.
- Christopher Mayer & Todd Sinai, 2003. "Network Effects, Congestion Externalities, and Air Traffic Delays: Or Why Not All Delays Are Evil," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1194-1215, September.
- Daniel, Joseph I. & Harback, Katherine Thomas, 2008.
"(When) Do hub airlines internalize their self-imposed congestion delays?,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 583-612, March.
- Joseph I. Daniel & Katherine Thomas Harback, 2005. "(When) Do Hub Airlines Internalize Their Self-Imposed Congestion Delays?," Working Papers 05-08, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Carlin, Alan & Park, Rolla Edward, 1970. "Marginal Cost Pricing of Airport Runway Capacity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(3), pages 310-319, June.
- Steven A. Morrison & Clifford Winston, 2007. "Another Look at Airport Congestion Pricing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(5), pages 1970-1977, December.
- Oum, Tae Hoon & Zhang, Yimin, 1990. "Airport pricing : Congestion tolls, lumpy investment, and cost recovery," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 353-374, December.
- Daniel, Joseph I. & Pahwa, Munish, 2000. "Comparison of Three Empirical Models of Airport Congestion Pricing," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 1-38, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhang, Anming & Czerny, Achim I., 2012. "Airports and airlines economics and policy: An interpretive review of recent research," Economics of Transportation, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 15-34.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Verhoef, Erik T., 2010. "Manipulable congestion tolls," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 315-321, May.
- Silva, Hugo E. & Verhoef, Erik T. & van den Berg, Vincent A.C., 2014.
"Airlines’ strategic interactions and airport pricing in a dynamic bottleneck model of congestion,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 13-27.
- Hugo E. Silva & Erik T. Verhoef & Vincent A.C. van den Berg, 2012. "Airlines' Strategic Interactions and Airport Pricing in a Dynamic Bottleneck Model of Congestion," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-056/3, Tinbergen Institute, revised 15 Jul 2013.
- Hazledine, Tim & Bunker, Rory, 2013. "Airport size and travel time," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 17-23.
- Schwarz, Justus Arne & Selinka, Gregor & Stolletz, Raik, 2016. "Performance analysis of time-dependent queueing systems: Survey and classification," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 170-189.
- repec:eee:transb:v:101:y:2017:i:c:p:89-106 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lieder, Alexander & Stolletz, Raik, 2016. "Scheduling aircraft take-offs and landings on interdependent and heterogeneous runways," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 167-188.
- Martin, Shane L., 2011. "Analysis of prospective airline mergers using a simulated annealing model," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 80-87.
- Czerny, Achim I. & Zhang, Anming, 2014. "Airport peak-load pricing revisited: The case of peak and uniform tolls," Economics of Transportation, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 90-101.
- Agustin Ros, 2011. "The Determinants of Pricing in the Mexican Domestic Airline Sector: The Impact of Competition and Airport Congestion," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 38(1), pages 43-60, January.
- Daniel, Joseph I, 2014. "The untolled problems with airport slot constraints," Economics of Transportation, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 16-28.
- Ater, Itai, 2012. "Internalization of congestion at US hub airports," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 196-209.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Lin, Ming Hsin, 2016.
"Convenient flight connections vs. airport congestion: Modeling the ‘rolling hub’,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 118-142.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Ming Hsin Lin, 2015. "Convenient Flight Connections vs. Airport Congestion - Modeling the 'Rolling Hub'," CESifo Working Paper Series 5502, CESifo Group Munich.
- Czerny, Achim I. & Zhang, Anming, 2014. "Airport congestion pricing when airlines price discriminate," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 77-89.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:66:y:2009:i:1:p:33-56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.