Risk externalities and the problem of wildfire risk
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- John Talberth & Robert P. Berrens & Michael Mckee & Michael Jones, 2006. "Averting And Insurance Decisions In The Wildland-Urban Interface: Implications Of Survey And Experimental Data For Wildfire Risk Reduction Policy," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 24(2), pages 203-223, April.
- John C. Harsanyi & Reinhard Selten, 1988. "A General Theory of Equilibrium Selection in Games," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262582384, January.
- Van Huyck, John B & Battalio, Raymond C & Beil, Richard O, 1990.
"Tacit Coordination Games, Strategic Uncertainty, and Coordination Failure,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 80(1), pages 234-248, March.
- John B Van Huyck & Raymond C Battalio & Richard O Beil, 1997. "Tacit coordination games, strategic uncertainty, and coordination failure," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1225, David K. Levine.
- J. B. Van Huyck & R. C. Battalio & R. O. Beil, 2010. "Tacit coordination games, strategic uncertainty, and coordination failure," Levine's Working Paper Archive 661465000000000393, David K. Levine.
- Geoffrey Heal & Howard Kunreuther, 2004. "Interdependent Security: A General Model," NBER Working Papers 10706, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul M. Jakus, 1994. "Averting Behavior in the Presence of Public Spillovers: Household Control of Nuisance Pests," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 70(3), pages 273-285.
- Avinash Dixit, 2003. "Clubs with Entrapment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(5), pages 1824-1829, December.
- Schmidt, David & Shupp, Robert & Walker, James M. & Ostrom, Elinor, 2003. "Playing safe in coordination games:: the roles of risk dominance, payoff dominance, and history of play," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 281-299, February.
- Van Huyck, John B. & Cook, Joseph P. & Battalio, Raymond C., 1997. "Adaptive behavior and coordination failure," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 483-503, April.
- Vives, Xavier, 1990. "Nash equilibrium with strategic complementarities," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 305-321.
- Straub, Paul G., 1995. "Risk dominance and coordination failures in static games," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 339-363.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1990. "Rationalizability, Learning, and Equilibrium in Games with Strategic Complementarities," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(6), pages 1255-1277, November.
- Anselin, Luc & Bera, Anil K. & Florax, Raymond & Yoon, Mann J., 1996. "Simple diagnostic tests for spatial dependence," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 77-104, February.
- Case, Anne C. & Rosen, Harvey S. & Hines, James Jr., 1993. "Budget spillovers and fiscal policy interdependence : Evidence from the states," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 285-307, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kousky, Carolyn, 2012. "Informing Climate Adaptation: A Review of the Economic Costs of Natural Disasters, Their Determinants, and Risk Reduction Options," Discussion Papers dp-12-28, Resources For the Future.
- Kimberly Rollins & Mimako Kobayashi, 2010. "Embedding a Field Experiment in Contingent Valuation to Measure Context-Dependent Risk Preferences: Does Prospect Theory Explain Individual Responses for Wildfire Risk?," Working Papers 10-003, University of Nevada, Reno, Department of Economics;University of Nevada, Reno , Department of Resource Economics.
- Cammelli, Federico & Angelsen, Arild, 2017. "Amazonian farmers’ response to fire policies and climate change," Working Paper Series 04-2017, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, School of Economics and Business.
- Gwenlyn M. Busby & Heidi J. Albers & Claire A. Montgomery, 2012. "Wildfire Risk Management in a Landscape with Fragmented Ownership and Spatial Interactions," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 88(3), pages 496-517.
- Shawn J. McCoy & Randall P. Walsh, 2014. "W.U.I. on Fire: Risk, Salience & Housing Demand," NBER Working Papers 20644, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Busby, Gwenlyn & Amacher, Gregory S. & Haight, Robert G., 2013. "The social costs of homeowner decisions in fire-prone communities: Information, insurance, and amenities," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 104-113.
- Prante, Tyler & Little, Joseph M. & Jones, Michael L. & McKee, Michael & Berrens, Robert P., 2011.
"Inducing private wildfire risk mitigation: Experimental investigation of measures on adjacent public lands,"
Journal of Forest Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 415-431.
- Tyler Prante & Joseph M. Little & Michael L. Jones & Michael McKee & Robert P. Berrens, 2010. "Inducing Private Wildfire Risk Mitigation: Experimental Investigation of Measures on Adjacent Public Lands," Working Papers 10-10, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Rollins, Kimberly S. & Kobayashi, Mimako, 2010. "Embedding a Field Experiment in Contingent Valuation to Measure Context-Dependent Risk Preferences: An Application to Wildfire Risk," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61870, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Gregory DeCoster & William Strange, 2012. "Developers, Herding, and Overbuilding," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 7-35, January.
- Mario Mhawej & Ghaleb Faour & Jocelyne Adjizian-Gerard, 2015. "Wildfire Likelihood’s Elements: A Literature Review," Challenges, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(2), pages 1-12, December.
- Thomas J. Cova & Philip E. Dennison & Frank A. Drews, 2011. "Modeling Evacuate versus Shelter-in-Place Decisions in Wildfires," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(10), pages 1-26, September.
- Hjerpe, Evan & Kim, Yeon-Su & Dunn, Leah, 2016. "Forest density preferences of homebuyers in the wildland-urban interface," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 56-66.
More about this item
KeywordsWildland-urban interface Wildfire Externalities Risk mitigation Spatial interactions;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:64:y:2008:i:2:p:488-495. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.