Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinec. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576 .
March 1999, Volume 51, Issue 3
February 1999, Volume 51, Issue 2
- 173-194 An analysis of mutual fund design: the case of investing in small-cap stocks
by Keim, Donald B.
- 195-217 Stock-based incentive contracts and managerial performance: the case of Ralston Purina Company
by Campbell, Cynthia J. & Wasley, Charles E.
- 219-244 Testing static tradeoff against pecking order models of capital structure
by Shyam-Sunder, Lakshmi & C. Myers, Stewart
- 245-271 Using genetic algorithms to find technical trading rules
by Allen, Franklin & Karjalainen, Risto
- 273-308 Long-term returns from equity carveouts
by Vijh, Anand M.
- 309-339 Deregulation, disintermediation, and agency costs of debt: evidence from Japan
by Anderson, Christopher W. & K. Makhija, Anil
January 1999, Volume 51, Issue 1
December 1998, Volume 50, Issue 3
November 1998, Volume 50, Issue 2
- 125-150 The relation between implied and realized volatility
by Christensen, B. J. & Prabhala, N. R.
- 151-186 The indirect economic penalties in SEC investigations of underwriters
by Beatty, Randolph P. & Bunsis, Howard & Hand, John R. M.
- 187-229 The effects of bank mergers and acquisitions on small business lending
by Berger, Allen N. & Saunders, Anthony & Scalise, Joseph M. & Udell, Gregory F.
- 231-252 Post-trade transparency on Nasdaq's national market system
by Porter, David C. & Weaver, Daniel G.
October 1998, Volume 50, Issue 1
September 1998, Volume 49, Issue 3
- 283-306 Market efficiency, long-term returns, and behavioral finance
by Fama, Eugene F.
- 307-343 A model of investor sentiment
by Barberis, Nicholas & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert
- 345-373 Alternative factor specifications, security characteristics, and the cross-section of expected stock returns
by Brennan, Michael J. & Chordia, Tarun & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar
- 375-412 How big is the premium for currency risk?
by De Santis, Giorgio & Gerard, Bruno
August 1998, Volume 49, Issue 2
- 141-160 Book-to-market ratios as predictors of market returns
by Pontiff, Jeffrey & Schall, Lawrence D.
- 161-186 Earnings signals in fixed-price and Dutch auction self-tender offers
by Lie, Erik & McConnell, John J.
- 187-222 Share repurchases and firm performance:: new evidence on the agency costs of free cash flow
by Nohel, Tom & Tarhan, Vefa
- 223-253 Glamour, value and the post-acquisition performance of acquiring firms
by Raghavendra Rau, P. & Vermaelen, Theo
- 255-279 The economics of parent-subsidiary mergers:: an empirical analysis
by Slovin, Myron B. & Sushka, Marie E.
July 1998, Volume 49, Issue 1
- 3-43 Open-end mutual funds and capital-gains taxes
by Barclay, Michael J. & Pearson, Neil D. & Weisbach, Michael S.
- 45-77 IPO-mechanisms, monitoring and ownership structure
by Stoughton, Neal M. & Zechner, Josef
- 79-109 Going public and the ownership structure of the firm
by Mello, Antonio S. & Parsons, John E.
- 111-137 Information and volatility linkages in the stock, bond, and money markets
by Fleming, Jeff & Kirby, Chris & Ostdiek, Barbara
June 1998, Volume 48, Issue 3
- 245-282 Debt and the terms of employment
by Hanka, Gordon
- 283-332 Employee buyouts: causes, structure, and consequences
by Chaplinsky, Susan & Niehaus, Greg & Van de Gucht, Linda
- 333-358 The cost of market versus regulatory discipline in banking
by Billett, Matthew T. & Garfinkel, Jon A. & O'Neal, Edward S.
- 359-375 Efficiency loss and constraints on portfolio holdings
by Wang, Zhenyu
May 1998, Volume 48, Issue 2
April 1998, Volume 48, Issue 1
- 3-33 Wealth creation versus wealth redistributions in pure stock-for-stock mergers
by Maquieira, Carlos P. & Megginson, William L. & Nail, Lance
- 35-54 Larger board size and decreasing firm value in small firms
by Eisenberg, Theodore & Sundgren, Stefan & Wells, Martin T.
- 55-97 Information problems, conflicts of interest, and asset stripping:: Chapter 1's failure in the case of Eastern Airlines1
by Weiss, Lawrence A. & Wruck, Karen H.
- 99-124 Capital markets and corporate structure: the equity carve-outs of Thermo Electron
by Allen, Jeffrey W.
March 1998, Volume 47, Issue 3
February 1998, Volume 47, Issue 2
January 1998, Volume 47, Issue 1
- 3-53 Ancient redwoods and the politics of finance: the hostile takeover of the Pacific Lumber Company
by DeAngelo, Harry & DeAngelo, Linda
- 55-82 Risk management, capital budgeting, and capital structure policy for financial institutions: an integrated approach
by Froot, Kenneth A. & Stein, Jeremy C.
- 83-102 Why firms issue convertible bonds: the matching of financial and real investment options
by Mayers, David
- 103-121 Ownership structure, investment, and the corporate value: an empirical analysis
by Cho, Myeong-Hyeon
- 123-123 The financial performance of reverse leveraged buyouts
by Holthausen, Robert W. & Larcker, David F.
December 1997, Volume 46, Issue 3
November 1997, Volume 46, Issue 2
- 133-133 Editorial
- 135-164 Capital market frictions and the role of internal capital markets in banking
by Houston, Joel & James, Christopher & Marcus, David
- 165-197 CEO turnover and outside succession A cross-sectional analysis
by Parrino, Robert
- 199-221 Do strategic alliances create value?
by Su, Han Chan & Kensinger, John W. & Keown, Arthur J. & Martin, John D.
- 223-261 Why underwrite rights offerings? Some new evidence
by B[oslash]hren, [Oslash]yvind & Eckbo, B. Espen & Michalsen, Dag
October 1997, Volume 46, Issue 1
September 1997, Volume 45, Issue 3
August 1997, Volume 45, Issue 2
- 169-192 The determinants of organizational form changes: evidence and implications from real estate
by Damodaran, Aswath & John, Kose & Liu, Crocker H.
- 193-221 Ownership structure and top executive turnover
by Denis, David J. & Denis, Diane K. & Sarin, Atulya
- 223-255 Executive stock ownership and performance Tracking faint traces
by Loderer, Claudio & Martin, Kenneth
- 257-281 Corporate focus and value creation Evidence from spinoffs
by Daley, Lane & Mehrotra, Vikas & Sivakumar, Ranjini
July 1997, Volume 45, Issue 1
- 3-8 Symposium on market microstructure: Focus on Nasdaq
by Schwert, G. William
- 9-34 The degree of price resolution and equity trading costs
by Bessembinder, Hendrik
- 35-60 Bid-ask spreads and the avoidance of odd-eighth quotes on Nasdaq: An examination of exchange listings
by Barclay, Michael J.
- 61-89 Nasdaq market structure and spread patterns
by Kandel, Eugene & Marx, Leslie M.
- 91-95 Limit orders and the alleged Nasdaq collusion
by Demsetz, Harold
- 97-134 Do institutions receive comparable execution in the NYSE and Nasdaq markets? A transaction study of block trades
by LaPlante, Michele & Muscarella, Chris J.
- 135-166 The importance of firm quotes and rapid executions: Evidence from the January 1994 SOES rules change
by Harris, Jeffrey H. & Schultz, Paul H.
June 1997, Volume 44, Issue 3
- 281-307 Ownership and operating performance of companies that go public
by Mikkelson, Wayne H. & Partch, M. Megan & Shah, Kshitij
- 309-348 On biases in tests of the expectations hypothesis of the term structure of interest rates
by Bekaert, Geert & Hodrick, Robert J. & Marshall, David A.
- 349-396 Investor behavior in mass privatization: The case of the Czech voucher scheme
by Hingorani, Archana & Lehn, Kenneth & Makhija, Anil K.
- 397-416 Investment in technological innovations: An option pricing approach
by Grenadier, Steven R. & Weiss, Allen M.
May 1997, Volume 44, Issue 2
- 169-203 Book-to-market, dividend yield, and expected market returns: A time-series analysis
by Kothari, S. P. & Shanken, Jay
- 205-228 The decline of takeovers and disciplinary managerial turnover
by Mikkelson, Wayne H. & Partch, M. Megan
- 229-250 Inside directors, board effectiveness, and shareholder wealth
by Rosenstein, Stuart & Wyatt, Jeffrey G.
- 251-277 An empirical examination of basic valuation models for plain vanilla U.S. interest rate swaps
by Minton, Bernadette A.
April 1997, Volume 44, Issue 1
March 1997, Volume 43, Issue 3
- 301-339 Measuring long-horizon security price performance
by Kothari, S. P. & Warner, Jerold B.
- 341-372 Detecting long-run abnormal stock returns: The empirical power and specification of test statistics
by Barber, Brad M. & Lyon, John D.
- 373-399 Mutual fund styles
by Brown, Stephen J. & Goetzmann, William N.
- 401-432 Vulture investors and the market for control of distressed firms
by Hotchkiss, Edith S. & Mooradian, Robert M.
- 433-456 Valuation uncertainty, institutional involvement, and the underpricing of IPOs: The case of REITs
by Ling, David C. & Ryngaert, Michael
February 1997, Volume 43, Issue 2
January 1997, Volume 43, Issue 1
November 1996, Volume 42, Issue 3
October 1996, Volume 42, Issue 2
- 159-185 Timing, investment opportunities, managerial discretion, and the security issue decision
by Jung, Kooyul & Yong-Cheol, Kim & Stulz, Rene M.
- 187-221 Proxies for the corporate marginal tax rate
by Graham, John R.
- 223-255 Price stabilization as a bonding mechanism in new equity issues
by Benveniste, Lawrence M. & Busaba, Walid Y. & Wilhelm Jr., William J.
- 257-287 Investor valuation of the abandonment option
by Berger, Philip G. & Ofek, Eli & Swary, Itzhak
September 1996, Volume 42, Issue 1
July 1996, Volume 41, Issue 3
- 313-357 Dealer versus auction markets: A paired comparison of execution costs on NASDAQ and the NYSE
by Huang, Roger D. & Stoll, Hans R.
- 359-399 Detecting abnormal operating performance: The empirical power and specification of test statistics
by Barber, Brad M. & Lyon, John D.
- 401-439 Commonality in the determinants of expected stock returns
by Haugen, Robert A. & Baker, Nardin L.
- 441-464 Market microstructure and asset pricing: On the compensation for illiquidity in stock returns
by Brennan, Michael J. & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar
- 465-474 Why Nasdaq market makers avoid odd-eighth quotes
by Godek, Paul E.
- 475-511 Perceptions and the politics of finance: Junk bonds and the regulatory seizure of First Capital Life
by DeAngelo, Harry & DeAngelo, Linda & Gilson, Stuart C.
June 1996, Volume 41, Issue 2
- 153-192 Markup pricing in mergers and acquisitions
by Schwert, G. William
- 193-229 The impact of industry shocks on takeover and restructuring activity
by Mitchell, Mark L. & Mulherin, J. Harold
- 231-248 The pricing of convertible debt offerings
by Jun-Koo, Kang & Lee, Yul W.
- 249-290 Time-varying risk premia, volatility, and technical trading rule profits: Evidence from foreign currency futures markets
by Bong-Chan, Kho
- 291-310 Ownership dispersion, costly information, and IPO underpricing
by Booth, James R. & Chua, Lena
May 1996, Volume 41, Issue 1
March 1996, Volume 40, Issue 3
- 341-371 Reversal of fortune Dividend signaling and the disappearance of sustained earnings growth
by DeAngelo, Harry & DeAngelo, Linda & Skinner, Douglas J.
- 373-401 Commercial banks in investment banking Conflict of interest or certification role?
by Puri, Manju
- 403-427 Top management turnover An empirical investigation of mutual fund managers
by Khorana, Ajay
- 429-458 Is there a pecking order? Evidence from a panel of IPO firms
by Helwege, Jean & Liang, Nellie
- 459-486 An empirical analysis of strategic competition and firm values The case of R&D competition
by Sundaram, Anant K. & John, Teresa A. & John, Kose
February 1996, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 185-211 Higher market valuation of companies with a small board of directors
by Yermack, David
- 213-237 Business conditions, monetary policy, and expected security returns
by Jensen, Gerald R. & Mercer, Jeffrey M. & Johnson, Robert R.
- 239-266 Active investors and management turnover following unsuccessful control contests
by Denis, David J. & Serrano, Jan M.
- 267-294 The influence of professional investors on the failure of management buyout attempts
by Peck, Sarah W.
- 295-318 A generalized model for testing the home and favorite team advantage in point spread markets
by Dare, William H. & MacDonald, S. Scott
- 319-338 A requiem for the USA Is small shareholder monitoring effective?
by Strickland, Deon & Wiles, Kenneth W. & Zenner, Marc
January 1996, Volume 40, Issue 1
- 3-29 Leverage, investment, and firm growth
by Lang, Larry & Ofek, Eli & Stulz, Rene M.
- 31-62 The distorting effect of the prudent-man laws on institutional equity investments
by Del Guercio, Diane
- 63-80 Firm-specific information and the correlation between individual stocks and bonds
by Kwan, Simon H.
- 81-104 Factors affecting the number of outside directorships held by CEOs
by Booth, James R. & Deli, Daniel N.
- 105-134 An empirical examination of information, differences of opinion, and trading activity
by Bessembinder, Hendrik & Chan, Kalok & Seguin, Paul J.
- 135-162 An empirical analysis of prepackaged bankruptcies
by Tashjian, Elizabeth & Lease, Ronald C. & McConnell, John J.
- 163-181 Hostile takeovers and the correction of managerial failure
by Franks, Julian & Mayer, Colin
1995, Volume 39, Issue 2-3
- 161-180 Market efficiency around the clock Some supporting evidence using foreign-based derivatives
by Craig, Alastair & Dravid, Ajay & Richardson, Matthew
- 181-208 Market underreaction to open market share repurchases
by Ikenberry, David & Lakonishok, Josef & Vermaelen, Theo
- 209-235 Aggregate mutual fund flows and security returns
by Warther, Vincent A.
- 237-269 Do corporations award CEO stock options effectively?
by Yermack, David
- 271-294 Capital market imperfections and the incentive to lease
by Sharpe, Steven A. & Nguyen, Hien H.
- 295-319 Does Section 16b deter insider trading by target managers?
by Agrawal, Anup & Jaffe, Jeffrey F.
- 321-351 Tests of microstructural hypotheses in the foreign exchange market
by Lyons, Richard K.
- 353-378 An analysis of value destruction in AT&T's acquisition of NCR
by Lys, Thomas & Vincent, Linda
September 1995, Volume 39, Issue 1
July 1995, Volume 38, Issue 3
- 243-267 Underperformance in long-run stock returns following seasoned equity offerings
by Spiess, D. Katherine & Affleck-Graves, John
- 269-296 Evaluating the performance of value versus glamour stocks The impact of selection bias
by Chan, Louis K. C. & Jegadeesh, Narasimhan & Lakonishok, Josef
- 297-331 Valuing lease contracts A real-options approach
by Grenadier, Steven R.
- 333-360 Coercive tender and exchange offers in distressed high-yield debt restructurings An empirical analysis
by Chatterjee, Sris & Dhillon, Upinder S. & Ramirez, Gabriel G.
- 361-381 Investment analysis and price formation in securities markets
by Brennan, Michael J. & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar
June 1995, Volume 38, Issue 2
- 111-140 The challenges of investor communication The case of CUC International, Inc
by Healy, Paul M. & Palepu, Krishna G.
- 141-162 A reexamination of option values implicit in callable Treasury bonds
by Jordan, Bradford D. & Jordan, Susan D. & Jorgensen, Randy D.
- 163-184 Executive compensation structure, ownership, and firm performance
by Mehran, Hamid
- 185-210 Firm failure and managerial labor markets Evidence from Texas banking
by Cannella Jr., Albert A. & Fraser, Donald R. & Lee, D. Scott
- 211-240 The cash flow and informational effects of employee stock ownership plans
by Beatty, Anne
May 1995, Volume 38, Issue 1
March 1995, Volume 37, Issue 3
- 261-314 Incentives, downsizing, and value creation at General Dynamics
by Dial, Jay & Murphy, Kevin J.
- 315-339 The Nestle crash
by Loderer, Claudio & Jacobs, Andreas
- 341-370 Closed-end fund premia and returns Implications for financial market equilibrium
by Pontiff, Jeffrey
- 371-398 Anatomy of the trading process Empirical evidence on the behavior of institutional traders
by Keim, Donald B. & Madhavan, Ananth
- 399-420 Stock returns and volatility A firm-level analysis
by Duffee, Gregory R.
February 1995, Volume 37, Issue 2