Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinec. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576 .
August 2005, Volume 77, Issue 2
July 2005, Volume 77, Issue 1
- 3-55 Does financial liberalization spur growth?
by Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R. & Lundblad, Christian
- 57-116 Law, finance, and economic growth in China
by Allen, Franklin & Qian, Jun & Qian, Meijun
- 117-146 Institutions, ownership, and finance: the determinants of profit reinvestment among Chinese firms
by Cull, Robert & Xu, Lixin Colin
- 147-170 Market manipulation: A comprehensive study of stock pools
by Jiang, Guolin & Mahoney, Paul G. & Mei, Jianping
- 171-218 Strategic trading behavior and price distortion in a manipulated market: anatomy of a squeeze
by Merrick, John Jr & Naik, Narayan Y. & Yadav, Pradeep K.
- 219-253 Do hedge funds have enough capital? A value-at-risk approach
by Gupta, Anurag & Liang, Bing
June 2005, Volume 76, Issue 3
- 471-508 Why stocks may disappoint
by Ang, Andrew & Bekaert, Geert & Liu, Jun
- 509-548 There is a risk-return trade-off after all
by Ghysels, Eric & Santa-Clara, Pedro & Valkanov, Rossen
- 549-582 Financing decisions: who issues stock?
by Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R.
- 583-626 Expected returns and expected dividend growth
by Lettau, Martin & Ludvigson, Sydney C.
- 627-665 Conflicts between principals and agents: evidence from residential brokerage
by Rutherford, R.C. & Springer, T.M. & Yavas, A.
- 667-690 Interactions of corporate financing and investment decisions: The effects of agency conflicts
by Childs, Paul D. & Mauer, David C. & Ott, Steven H.
May 2005, Volume 76, Issue 2
- 237-269 Does function follow organizational form? Evidence from the lending practices of large and small banks
by Berger, Allen N. & Miller, Nathan H. & Petersen, Mitchell A. & Rajan, Raghuram G. & Stein, Jeremy C.
- 271-292 Evidence on the speed of convergence to market efficiency
by Chordia, Tarun & Roll, Richard & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar
- 293-307 The economics of interest rates
by Vasicek, Oldrich Alfons
- 309-330 Informational effects of regulation FD: evidence from rating agencies
by Jorion, Philippe & Liu, Zhu & Shi, Charles
- 331-368 Management quality, certification, and initial public offerings
by Chemmanur, Thomas J. & Paeglis, Imants
- 369-399 Postprivatization corporate governance: The role of ownership structure and investor protection
by Boubakri, Narjess & Cosset, Jean-Claude & Guedhami, Omrane
- 401-444 Professional trader discipline and trade disposition
by Locke, Peter R. & Mann, Steven C.
- 445-470 Exercise behavior, valuation, and the incentive effects of employee stock options
by Bettis, J. Carr & Bizjak, John M. & Lemmon, Michael L.
April 2005, Volume 76, Issue 1
- 3-60 Do tender offers create value? New methods and evidence
by Bhagat, Sanjai & Dong, Ming & Hirshleifer, David & Noah, Robert
- 61-98 Industry structure and horizontal takeovers: Analysis of wealth effects on rivals, suppliers, and corporate customers
by Shahrur, Husayn
- 99-133 Why do some firms give stock options to all employees?: An empirical examination of alternative theories
by Oyer, Paul & Schaefer, Scott
- 135-165 Shareholder investment horizons and the market for corporate control
by Gaspar, Jose-Miguel & Massa, Massimo & Matos, Pedro
- 167-190 Let's make a deal! How shareholder control impacts merger payoffs
by Moeller, Thomas
- 191-234 How much value can blockholders tunnel? Evidence from the Bulgarian mass privatization auctions
by Atanasov, Vladimir
March 2005, Volume 75, Issue 3
- 493-533 Investment timing, agency, and information
by Grenadier, Steven R. & Wang, Neng
- 535-569 Financial intermediation as a beliefs-bridge between optimists and pessimists
by Coval, Joshua D. & Thakor, Anjan V.
- 571-605 Dealer behavior and trading systems in foreign exchange markets
by Bjonnes, Geir Hoidal & Rime, Dagfinn
- 607-649 Short- and long-term demand curves for stocks: theory and evidence on the dynamics of arbitrage
by Greenwood, Robin
- 651-690 Stock and bond market interaction: Does momentum spill over?
by Gebhardt, William R. & Hvidkjaer, Soeren & Swaminathan, Bhaskaran
- 691-734 News spillovers in the sovereign debt market
by Gande, Amar & Parsley, David C.
February 2005, Volume 75, Issue 2
- 245-282 Information content of equity analyst reports
by Asquith, Paul & Mikhail, Michael B. & Au, Andrea S.
- 283-317 Comovement
by Barberis, Nicholas & Shleifer, Andrei & Wurgler, Jeffrey
- 319-359 Can foreign firms bond themselves effectively by renting U.S. securities laws?
by Siegel, Jordan
- 361-395 The many facets of privately negotiated stock repurchases
by Peyer, Urs C. & Vermaelen, Theo
- 397-427 Pricing, exit, and location decisions of firms: Evidence on the role of debt and operating efficiency
by Khanna, Naveen & Tice, Sheri
- 429-490 Inflation risk premia and the expectations hypothesis
by Buraschi, Andrea & Jiltsov, Alexei
January 2005, Volume 75, Issue 1
- 3-52 The risk and return of venture capital
by Cochrane, John H.
- 53-84 Accounting transparency and the term structure of credit spreads
by Yu, Fan
- 85-114 The cross-section of expected corporate bond returns: Betas or characteristics?
by Gebhardt, William R. & Hvidkjaer, Soeren & Swaminathan, Bhaskaran
- 115-132 The timing of initial public offerings
by Benninga, Simon & Helmantel, Mark & Sarig, Oded
- 133-164 The effect of external finance on the equilibrium allocation of capital
by Almeida, Heitor & Wolfenzon, Daniel
- 165-199 The "make or take" decision in an electronic market: Evidence on the evolution of liquidity
by Bloomfield, Robert & O'Hara, Maureen & Saar, Gideon
- 201-242 Integration, organizational processes, and allocation of resources
by Ozbas, Oguzhan
December 2004, Volume 74, Issue 3
- 401-421 Corporate earnings and the equity premium
by Longstaff, Francis A. & Piazzesi, Monika
- 423-460 Sources of gains in horizontal mergers: evidence from customer, supplier, and rival firms
by Fee, C. Edward & Thomas, Shawn
- 461-486 Measuring stock illiquidity: An investigation of the demand and supply schedules at the TASE
by Kalay, Avner & Sade, Orly & Wohl, Avi
- 487-528 Disentangling diffusion from jumps
by Ait-Sahalia, Yacine
- 529-609 An econometric model of serial correlation and illiquidity in hedge fund returns
by Getmansky, Mila & Lo, Andrew W. & Makarov, Igor
November 2004, Volume 74, Issue 2
- 209-235 Predicting returns with financial ratios
by Lewellen, Jonathan
- 237-275 Managerial succession and firm performance
by Huson, Mark R. & Malatesta, Paul H. & Parrino, Robert
- 277-304 Cross-country determinants of mergers and acquisitions
by Rossi, Stefano & Volpin, Paolo F.
- 305-342 Limited arbitrage and short sales restrictions: evidence from the options markets
by Ofek, Eli & Richardson, Matthew & Whitelaw, Robert F.
- 343-366 Institutional trading and the turn-of-the-year effect
by Ng, Lilian & Wang, Qinghai
- 367-398 Style effects in the cross-section of stock returns
by Teo, Melvyn & Woo, Sung-Jun
October 2004, Volume 74, Issue 1
- 3-30 The effect of capital structure when expected agency costs are extreme
by Harvey, Campbell R. & Lins, Karl V. & Roper, Andrew H.
- 31-66 Conditional estimation of diffusion processes
by Li, Minqiang & Pearson, Neil D. & Poteshman, Allen M.
- 67-91 Do security analysts exhibit persistent differences in stock picking ability?
by Mikhail, Michael B. & Walther, Beverly R. & Willis, Richard H.
- 93-119 The choice of equity-selling mechanisms
by Wu, YiLin
- 121-148 Earnings management and the market performance of acquiring firms
by Louis, Henock
- 149-179 Gains in bank mergers: Evidence from the bond markets
by Penas, Maria Fabiana & Unal, Haluk
- 181-206 A revealed preference approach to understanding corporate governance problems: Evidence from Canada
by Chirinko, Robert S. & Schaller, Huntley
September 2004, Volume 73, Issue 3
- 411-431 Asset prices and real investment
by Kogan, Leonid
- 433-463 The timing and value of forecast and recommendation revisions
by Ivkovic, Zoran & Jegadeesh, Narasimhan
- 465-496 Estimating the market risk premium
by Scott Mayfield, E.
- 497-524 Who is in whose pocket? Director compensation, board independence, and barriers to effective monitoring
by Ryan, Harley Jr. & Wiggins, Roy III
- 525-565 Testing market efficiency using statistical arbitrage with applications to momentum and value strategies
by Hogan, Steve & Jarrow, Robert & Teo, Melvyn & Warachka, Mitch
- 567-601 Banking market structure and financial stability: Evidence from the Texas real estate crisis in the 1980s
by Gan, Jie
- 603-603 Corrigendum to "Universal option valuation using quadrature methods": [Journal of Financial Economics 67 (2003) 447-471]
by Andricopoulos, Ari D. & Widdicks, Martin & Duck, Peter W. & Newton, David P.
August 2004, Volume 73, Issue 2
- 201-228 Firm size and the gains from acquisitions
by Moeller, Sara B. & Schlingemann, Frederik P. & Stulz, Rene M.
- 229-269 New lists: Fundamentals and survival rates
by Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R.
- 271-288 Appearing and disappearing dividends: The link to catering incentives
by Baker, Malcolm & Wurgler, Jeffrey
- 289-321 Why constrain your mutual fund manager?
by Almazan, Andres & Brown, Keith C. & Carlson, Murray & Chapman, David A.
- 323-374 The costs of shared ownership: Evidence from international joint ventures
by Desai, Mihir A. & Foley, C. Fritz & Hines, James Jr.
- 375-407 Grandstanding, certification and the underpricing of venture capital backed IPOs
by Lee, Peggy M. & Wahal, Sunil
July 2004, Volume 73, Issue 1
- 3-36 Does an electronic stock exchange need an upstairs market?
by Bessembinder, Hendrik & Venkataraman, Kumar
- 37-69 Common market makers and commonality in liquidity
by Coughenour, Jay F. & Saad, Mohsen M.
- 71-92 Leverage decision and manager compensation with choice of effort and volatility
by Cadenillas, Abel & Cvitanic, Jaksa & Zapatero, Fernando
- 93-118 Performance fee contract change and mutual fund risk
by Golec, Joseph & Starks, Laura
- 119-143 CEO compensation and incentives: Evidence from M&A bonuses
by Grinstein, Yaniv & Hribar, Paul
- 145-165 The value of tax shields is NOT equal to the present value of tax shields
by Fernandez, Pablo
- 167-197 The value of dividend imputation tax credits in Australia
by Cannavan, Damien & Finn, Frank & Gray, Stephen
June 2004, Volume 72, Issue 3
- 425-456 Are dividends disappearing? Dividend concentration and the consolidation of earnings
by DeAngelo, Harry & DeAngelo, Linda & Skinner, Douglas J.
- 457-484 Portfolio choice and health status
by Rosen, H.S.Harvey S. & Wu, Stephen
- 485-518 Order imbalance and individual stock returns: Theory and evidence
by Chordia, Tarun & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar
- 519-553 U.S. cross-listings and the private benefits of control: evidence from dual-class firms
by Doidge, Craig
- 555-580 The role of syndicate structure in bank underwriting
by Narayanan, Rajesh P. & Rangan, Kasturi P. & Rangan, N.K.Nanda K.
- 581-604 Smart investments by smart money: Evidence from seasoned equity offerings
by Gibson, Scott & Safieddine, Assem & Sonti, Ramana
- 605-625 Tick size, NYSE rule 118, and ex-dividend day stock price behavior
by Jakob, Keith & Ma, Tongshu
May 2004, Volume 72, Issue 2
- 217-257 On the relationship between the conditional mean and volatility of stock returns: A latent VAR approach
by Brandt, Michael W. & Kang, Qiang
- 259-290 A theory of corporate spin-offs
by Chemmanur, Thomas J. & Yan, An
- 291-318 The importance of the loss function in option valuation
by Christoffersen, Peter & Jacobs, Kris
- 319-356 The effect of capital market characteristics on the value of start-up firms
by Inderst, Roman & Muller, Holger M.
- 357-384 The effects of government ownership on bank lending
by Sapienza, Paola
- 385-421 Data-generating process uncertainty: What difference does it make in portfolio decisions?
by Tu, Jun & Zhou, Guofu
April 2004, Volume 72, Issue 1
- 3-40 The illiquidity puzzle: theory and evidence from private equity
by Lerner, Josh & Schoar, Antoinette
- 41-62 The timing and terms of mergers motivated by economies of scale
by Lambrecht, Bart M.
- 63-96 Management turnover in subsidiaries of conglomerates versus stand-alone firms
by McNeil, Chris & Niehaus, Greg & Powers, Eric
- 97-141 Modeling the bid/ask spread: measuring the inventory-holding premium
by Bollen, Nicolas P. B. & Smith, Tom & Whaley, Robert E.
- 143-183 Modeling the term structure of interest rates: A new approach
by Kimmel, Robert L.
- 185-214 Information and bank credit allocation
by Dell'Ariccia, Giovanni & Marquez, Robert
March 2004, Volume 71, Issue 3
- 419-460 Market evidence on the opaqueness of banking firms' assets
by Flannery, Mark J. & Kwan, Simon H. & Nimalendran, M.
- 461-488 The impact of illegal insider trading in dealer and specialist markets: evidence from a natural experiment
by Fishe, Raymond P. H. & Robe, Michel A.
- 489-516 Internal capital markets and investment policy: evidence from corporate spinoffs
by Ahn, Seoungpil & Denis, David J.
- 517-540 Determinants of target capital structure: The case of dual debt and equity issues
by Hovakimian, Armen & Hovakimian, Gayane & Tehranian, Hassan
- 541-579 Predicting stock price movements from past returns: the role of consistency and tax-loss selling
by Grinblatt, Mark & Moskowitz, Tobias J.
- 581-612 Order preferencing and market quality on NASDAQ before and after decimalization
by Chung, Kee H. & Chuwonganant, Chairat & McCormick, D. Timothy
February 2004, Volume 71, Issue 2
- 205-238 Why are foreign firms listed in the U.S. worth more?
by Doidge, Craig & Karolyi, G. Andrew & Stulz, Rene M.
- 239-263 Investibility and return volatility
by Bae, Kee-Hong & Chan, Kalok & Ng, Angela
- 265-313 Corporate governance and firm value: evidence from the Korean financial crisis
by Baek, Jae-Seung & Kang, Jun-Koo & Suh Park, Kyung
- 315-347 Bailout and conglomeration
by Kim, Se-Jik
- 349-380 The illusory nature of momentum profits
by Lesmond, David A. & Schill, Michael J. & Zhou, Chunsheng
- 381-415 Death spiral convertibles
by Hillion, Pierre & Vermaelen, Theo
January 2004, Volume 71, Issue 1
- 3-26 Is the IPO pricing process efficient?
by Lowry, Michelle & Schwert, G. William
- 27-49 Earnings management, stock issues, and shareholder lawsuits
by DuCharme, Larry L. & Malatesta, Paul H. & Sefcik, Stephan E.
- 51-76 Tax-loss trading and wash sales
by Grinblatt, Mark & Keloharju, Matti
- 77-111 The basis risk of catastrophic-loss index securities
by Cummins, J. David & Lalonde, David & Phillips, Richard D.
- 113-141 Time-changed Levy processes and option pricing
by Carr, Peter & Wu, Liuren
- 143-167 The impact of stock market information production on internal resource allocation
by Goldman, Eitan
- 169-202 Selling company shares to reluctant employees: France Telecom's experience
by Degeorge, Francois & Jenter, Dirk & Moel, Alberto & Tufano, Peter
December 2003, Volume 70, Issue 3
- 295-311 Stock market driven acquisitions
by Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W.
- 313-349 Culture, openness, and finance
by Stulz, Rene M. & Williamson, Rohan
- 351-383 Boundaries of the firm: evidence from the banking industry
by Brickley, James A. & Linck, James S. & Smith, Clifford Jr.
- 385-422 Quote-based competition and trade execution costs in NYSE-listed stocks
by Bessembinder, Hendrik
- 423-461 How much do firms hedge with derivatives?
by Guay, Wayne & Kothari, S. P
- 463-487 Likelihood-based specification analysis of continuous-time models of the short-term interest rate
by Durham, Garland B.
November 2003, Volume 70, Issue 2
- 137-181 Law, endowments, and finance
by Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross
- 183-222 China share issue privatization: the extent of its success
by Sun, Qian & Tong, Wilson H. S.
- 223-260 Stock price reaction to news and no-news: drift and reversal after headlines
by Chan, Wesley S.
- 261-291 The maturity of debt issues and predictable variation in bond returns
by Baker, Malcolm & Greenwood, Robin & Wurgler, Jeffrey
October 2003, Volume 70, Issue 1
- 3-28 The choice among bank debt, non-bank private debt, and public debt: evidence from new corporate borrowings
by Denis, David J. & Mihov, Vassil T.
- 29-67 The calendar structure of risk and expected returns on stocks and bonds
by Ogden, Joseph P.
- 69-98 Divisional diversity and the conglomerate discount: evidence from spinoffs
by Burch, Timothy R. & Nanda, Vikram
- 99-134 Institutional trading and alternative trading systems
by Conrad, Jennifer & Johnson, Kevin M. & Wahal, Sunil
September 2003, Volume 69, Issue 3
August 2003, Volume 69, Issue 2
July 2003, Volume 69, Issue 1
- 5-50 The great reversals: the politics of financial development in the twentieth century
by Rajan, Raghuram G. & Zingales, Luigi
- 51-83 Takeover bids and target directors' incentives: the impact of a bid on directors' wealth and board seats
by Harford, Jarrad
- 85-110 Control as a motivation for underpricing: a comparison of dual and single-class IPOs
by Smart, Scott B. & Zutter, Chad J.
- 111-152 Governance and boards of directors in closed-end investment companies
by Del Guercio, Diane & Dann, Larry Y. & Partch, M. Megan
- 153-189 Executive stock option repricing, internal governance mechanisms, and management turnover
by Chidambaran, N. K. & Prabhala, Nagpurnanand R.
- 191-226 Finance, investment, and growth
by Carlin, Wendy & Mayer, Colin
- 227-258 Control benefits and CEO discipline in automatic bankruptcy auctions
by Espen Eckbo, B. & Thorburn, Karin S.
- 259-280 Debtor-in-possession financing and bankruptcy resolution: Empirical evidence
by Dahiya, Sandeep & John, Kose & Puri, Manju & Ramirez, Gabriel
June 2003, Volume 68, Issue 3
May 2003, Volume 68, Issue 2
April 2003, Volume 68, Issue 1
- 3-46 Voting with their feet: institutional ownership changes around forced CEO turnover
by Parrino, Robert & Sias, Richard W. & Starks, Laura T.
- 47-73 News related to future GDP growth as a risk factor in equity returns
by Vassalou, Maria
- 75-109 Capital structure choice: macroeconomic conditions and financial constraints
by Korajczyk, Robert A. & Levy, Amnon
- 111-135 Allocation of initial public offerings and flipping activity
by Aggarwal, Reena
- 137-158 Allocations, adverse selection, and cascades in IPOs: Evidence from the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange
by Amihud, Yakov & Hauser, Shmuel & Kirsh, Amir
March 2003, Volume 67, Issue 3
- 385-410 Paper millionaires: how valuable is stock to a stockholder who is restricted from selling it?
by Kahl, Matthias & Liu, Jun & Longstaff, Francis A.
- 411-446 Do equity financing cycles matter? evidence from biotechnology alliances
by Lerner, Josh & Shane, Hilary & Tsai, Alexander
- 447-471 Universal option valuation using quadrature methods
by Andricopoulos, Ari D. & Widdicks, Martin & Duck, Peter W. & Newton, David P.
- 473-509 The economic value of volatility timing using "realized" volatility
by Fleming, Jeff & Kirby, Chris & Ostdiek, Barbara
- 511-529 A barrier option framework for corporate security valuation
by Brockman, Paul & Turtle, H. J.
- 531-531 Corrigendum to "Equilibrium and welfare in markets with financially constrained arbitrageurs" [J. Financial Economics 66 (2002) 361]
by Gromb, Denis & Vayanos, Dimitri
February 2003, Volume 67, Issue 2
- 175-216 The personal-tax advantages of equity
by Green, Richard C. & Hollifield, Burton
- 217-248 Testing the pecking order theory of capital structure
by Frank, Murray Z. & Goyal, Vidhan K.
- 249-304 How do family strategies affect fund performance? When performance-maximization is not the only game in town
by Massa, Massimo
- 305-349 Executive rank, pay and project selection
by Barron, John M. & Waddell, Glen R.
- 351-382 Cronyism and capital controls: evidence from Malaysia
by Johnson, Simon & Mitton, Todd
January 2003, Volume 67, Issue 1
- 3-40 Why does IPO volume fluctuate so much?
by Lowry, Michelle
- 41-80 A multivariate model of strategic asset allocation
by Campbell, John Y. & Chan, Yeung Lewis & Viceira, Luis M.
- 81-112 Firms and their distressed banks: lessons from the Norwegian banking crisis
by Ongena, Steven & Smith, David C. & Michalsen, Dag
- 113-148 Valuation effects of bank financing in acquisitions
by Bharadwaj, Anu & Shivdasani, Anil
- 149-172 Concealing and confounding adverse signals: insider wealth-maximizing behavior in the IPO process
by Ang, James S. & Brau, James C.
2002, Volume 66, Issue 2-3
- 171-205 Breadth of ownership and stock returns
by Chen, Joseph & Hong, Harrison & Stein, Jeremy C.
- 207-239 Short-sale constraints and stock returns
by Jones, Charles M. & Lamont, Owen A.
- 241-269 Stocks are special too: an analysis of the equity lending market
by Geczy, Christopher C. & Musto, David K. & Reed, Adam V.
- 271-306 The market for borrowing stock
by D'Avolio, Gene
- 307-339 Securities lending, shorting, and pricing
by Duffie, Darrell & Garleanu, Nicolae & Pedersen, Lasse Heje
- 341-360 Synchronization risk and delayed arbitrage
by Abreu, Dilip & Brunnermeier, Markus K.
- 361-407 Equilibrium and welfare in markets with financially constrained arbitrageurs
by Gromb, Denis & Vayanos, Dimitri
- 409-462 Who underreacts to cash-flow news? evidence from trading between individuals and institutions
by Cohen, Randolph B. & Gompers, Paul A. & Vuolteenaho, Tuomo
- 463-506 The bond/old-bond spread
by Krishnamurthy, Arvind
October 2002, Volume 66, Issue 1
- 3-27 Investor protection and equity markets
by Shleifer, Andrei & Wolfenzon, Daniel
- 29-63 CEO compensation, diversification, and incentives
by Jin, Li
- 65-104 Protection of minority shareholder interests, cross-listings in the United States, and subsequent equity offerings
by Reese, William Jr. & Weisbach, Michael S.
- 105-137 Strategic IPO underpricing, information momentum, and lockup expiration selling
by Aggarwal, Rajesh K. & Krigman, Laurie & Womack, Kent L.
- 139-167 The impact of specialist firm acquisitions on market quality
by Hatch, Brian C. & Johnson, Shane A.
September 2002, Volume 65, Issue 3