Journal of Financial Economics
1999, Volume 54, Issue 2
1999, Volume 54, Issue 1
- 5-43 The time-series relations among expected return, risk, and book-to-market
by Lewellen, Jonathan
- 45-73 The long-run performance of stock returns following debt offerings
by Spiess, D. Katherine & Affleck-Graves, John
- 75-101 Firm performance and focus: long-run stock market performance following spinoffs
by Desai, Hemang & Jain, Prem C.
- 103-127 GMM tests of stochastic discount factor models with useless factors
by Kan, Raymond & Zhang, Chu
1999, Volume 53, Issue 3
- 313-351 The adaptive mesh model: a new approach to efficient option pricing
by Figlewski, Stephen & Gao, Bin
- 353-384 Understanding the determinants of managerial ownership and the link between ownership and performance
by Himmelberg, Charles P. & Hubbard, R. Glenn & Palia, Darius
- 385-408 Capital gains tax rates and the cost of capital for small business: evidence from the IPO market
by Guenther, David A. & Willenborg, Michael
- 409-437 Valuing IPOs
by Kim, Moonchul & Ritter, Jay R.
- 439-466 Investor flows and the assessed performance of open-end mutual funds
by Edelen, Roger M.
1999, Volume 53, Issue 2
- 145-187 Ex-day behavior with dividend preference and limitations to short-term arbitrage: the case of Swedish lottery bonds
by Green, Richard C. & Rydqvist, Kristian
- 189-216 How are stock prices affected by the location of trade?
by Froot, Kenneth A. & Dabora, Emil M.
- 217-253 Share issue privatizations as financial means to political and economic ends
by Jones, Steven L. & Megginson, William L. & Nash, Robert C. & Netter, Jeffry M.
- 255-287 Limit orders and the bid-ask spread
by Chung, Kee H. & Van Ness, Bonnie F. & Van Ness, Robert A.
- 289-307 The performance of investment newsletters
by Jaffe, Jeffrey F. & Mahoney, James M.
1999, Volume 53, Issue 1
- 3-42 Measuring investment distortions arising from stockholder-bondholder conflicts
by Parrino, Robert & Weisbach, Michael S.
- 43-71 The sensitivity of CEO wealth to equity risk: an analysis of the magnitude and determinants
by Guay, Wayne R.
- 73-112 Information asymmetry, valuation, and the corporate spin-off decision
by Krishnaswami, Sudha & Subramaniam, Venkat
- 113-142 Board meeting frequency and firm performance
by Vafeas, Nikos
1999, Volume 52, Issue 3
- 293-340 The motivation and impact of pension fund activism
by Guercio, Diane Del & Hawkins, Jennifer
- 341-377 What happens to CEOs after they retire? New evidence on career concerns, horizon problems, and CEO incentives
by Brickley, James A. & Linck, James S. & Coles, Jeffrey L.
- 379-408 Managerial performance and the cross-sectional pricing of closed-end funds
by Chay, J. B. & Trzcinka, Charles A.
- 409-442 The initiation and withdrawal of odd-eighth quotes among Nasdaq stocks: an empirical analysis
by Christie, William G. & Schultz, Paul H.
1999, Volume 52, Issue 2
- 151-186 Effects of bankruptcy court protection on asset sales
by Pulvino, Todd C.
- 187-223 Ownership and board structures in publicly traded corporations
by Denis, David J. & Sarin, Atulya
- 225-256 Does stock price elasticity affect corporate financial decisions?
by Hodrick, Laurie Simon
- 257-289 The rise and fall of the Amex Emerging Company Marketplace
by Aggarwal, Reena & Angel, James J.
1999, Volume 52, Issue 1
- 3-46 The determinants and implications of corporate cash holdings
by Opler, Tim & Pinkowitz, Lee & Stulz, Rene & Williamson, Rohan
- 47-78 Transaction costs and predictability: some utility cost calculations
by Balduzzi, Pierluigi & Lynch, Anthony W.
- 79-117 Deregulation and the adaptation of governance structure: the case of the U.S. airline industry
by Kole, Stacey R. & Lehn, Kenneth M.
- 119-148 Conditional market timing with benchmark investors
by Becker, Connie & Ferson, Wayne & Myers, David H. & Schill, Michael J.
1999, Volume 51, Issue 3
- 343-369 The stock pools and the Securities Exchange Act
by Mahoney, Paul G.
- 371-406 Corporate governance, chief executive officer compensation, and firm performance
by Core, John E. & Holthausen, Robert W. & Larcker, David F.
- 407-434 Information asymmetry, monitoring, and the placement structure of corporate debt
by Krishnaswami, Sudha & Spindt, Paul A. & Subramaniam, Venkat
- 435-449 Bank monitoring and the pricing of corporate public debt
by Datta, Sudip & Iskandar-Datta, Mai & Patel, Ajay
- 451-471 Optimal choice of contracting methods: negotiated versus competitive underwritings revisited
by Logue, Dennis E. & Tinic, Seha M.
1999, Volume 51, Issue 2
- 173-194 An analysis of mutual fund design: the case of investing in small-cap stocks
by Keim, Donald B.
- 195-217 Stock-based incentive contracts and managerial performance: the case of Ralston Purina Company
by Campbell, Cynthia J. & Wasley, Charles E.
- 219-244 Testing static tradeoff against pecking order models of capital structure
by Shyam-Sunder, Lakshmi & C. Myers, Stewart
- 245-271 Using genetic algorithms to find technical trading rules
by Allen, Franklin & Karjalainen, Risto
- 273-308 Long-term returns from equity carveouts
by Vijh, Anand M.
- 309-339 Deregulation, disintermediation, and agency costs of debt: evidence from Japan
by Anderson, Christopher W. & K. Makhija, Anil
1999, Volume 51, Issue 1
- 3-44 An analysis of compensation in the U.S. venture capital partnership
by Gompers, Paul & Lerner, Josh
- 45-84 Financial contracting under extreme uncertainty:: an analysis of Brazilian corporate debentures
by Anderson, Christopher W.
- 85-102 Odd-eighth avoidance as a defense against SOES bandits
by Kandel, Eugene & M. Marx, Leslie
- 103-123 The market reaction to international cross-listings:: evidence from Depositary Receipts
by Miller, Darius P.
- 125-166 An analysis of value destruction and recovery in the alliance and proposed merger of Volvo and Renault
by Bruner, Robert F.
1998, Volume 50, Issue 3
- 259-289 Capital budgeting and delegation
by Harris, Milton & Raviv, Artur
- 291-317 The effect of changes in ownership structure on performance: Evidence from the thrift industry
by A. Cole, Rebel & Mehran, Hamid
- 319-349 CEO incentive plans and corporate liquidation policy
by Mehran, Hamid & Nogler, George E. & Schwartz, Kenneth B.
- 351-373 Another look at the role of the industrial structure of markets for international diversification strategies
by Griffin, John M. & Andrew Karolyi, G.
1998, Volume 50, Issue 2
- 125-150 The relation between implied and realized volatility
by Christensen, B. J. & Prabhala, N. R.
- 151-186 The indirect economic penalties in SEC investigations of underwriters
by Beatty, Randolph P. & Bunsis, Howard & Hand, John R. M.
- 187-229 The effects of bank mergers and acquisitions on small business lending
by Berger, Allen N. & Saunders, Anthony & Scalise, Joseph M. & Udell, Gregory F.
- 231-252 Post-trade transparency on Nasdaq's national market system
by Porter, David C. & Weaver, Daniel G.
1998, Volume 50, Issue 1
- 3-37 Does order preferencing matter?
by Bloomfield, Robert & O'Hara, Maureen
- 39-62 The trading profits of SOES bandits
by Harris, Jeffrey H. & Schultz, Paul H.
- 63-99 Earnings management and the underperformance of seasoned equity offerings
by Teoh, Siew Hong & Welch, Ivo & Wong, T. J.
- 101-122 Earnings management and the performance of seasoned equity offerings
by Rangan, Srinivasan
1998, Volume 49, Issue 3
- 283-306 Market efficiency, long-term returns, and behavioral finance
by Fama, Eugene F.
- 307-343 A model of investor sentiment
by Barberis, Nicholas & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert
- 345-373 Alternative factor specifications, security characteristics, and the cross-section of expected stock returns
by Brennan, Michael J. & Chordia, Tarun & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar
- 375-412 How big is the premium for currency risk?
by De Santis, Giorgio & Gerard, Bruno
1998, Volume 49, Issue 2
- 141-160 Book-to-market ratios as predictors of market returns
by Pontiff, Jeffrey & Schall, Lawrence D.
- 161-186 Earnings signals in fixed-price and Dutch auction self-tender offers
by Lie, Erik & McConnell, John J.
- 187-222 Share repurchases and firm performance:: new evidence on the agency costs of free cash flow
by Nohel, Tom & Tarhan, Vefa
- 223-253 Glamour, value and the post-acquisition performance of acquiring firms
by Raghavendra Rau, P. & Vermaelen, Theo
- 255-279 The economics of parent-subsidiary mergers:: an empirical analysis
by Slovin, Myron B. & Sushka, Marie E.
1998, Volume 49, Issue 1
- 3-43 Open-end mutual funds and capital-gains taxes
by Barclay, Michael J. & Pearson, Neil D. & Weisbach, Michael S.
- 45-77 IPO-mechanisms, monitoring and ownership structure
by Stoughton, Neal M. & Zechner, Josef
- 79-109 Going public and the ownership structure of the firm
by Mello, Antonio S. & Parsons, John E.
- 111-137 Information and volatility linkages in the stock, bond, and money markets
by Fleming, Jeff & Kirby, Chris & Ostdiek, Barbara
1998, Volume 48, Issue 3
- 245-282 Debt and the terms of employment
by Hanka, Gordon
- 283-332 Employee buyouts: causes, structure, and consequences
by Chaplinsky, Susan & Niehaus, Greg & Van de Gucht, Linda
- 333-358 The cost of market versus regulatory discipline in banking
by Billett, Matthew T. & Garfinkel, Jon A. & O'Neal, Edward S.
- 359-375 Efficiency loss and constraints on portfolio holdings
by Wang, Zhenyu
1998, Volume 48, Issue 2
- 127-158 The exercise and valuation of executive stock options
by Carpenter, Jennifer N.
- 159-188 An empirical examination of the amortized spread
by Chalmers, John M. R. & Kadlec, Gregory B.
- 189-210 An empirical analysis of NYSE specialist trading
by Madhavan, Ananth & Sofianos, George
- 211-242 Information-time option pricing: theory and empirical evidence
by Chang, Carolyn W. & S.K. Chang, Jack & Lim, Kian-Guan
1998, Volume 48, Issue 1
- 3-33 Wealth creation versus wealth redistributions in pure stock-for-stock mergers
by Maquieira, Carlos P. & Megginson, William L. & Nail, Lance
- 35-54 Larger board size and decreasing firm value in small firms
by Eisenberg, Theodore & Sundgren, Stefan & Wells, Martin T.
- 55-97 Information problems, conflicts of interest, and asset stripping:: Chapter 1's failure in the case of Eastern Airlines1
by Weiss, Lawrence A. & Wruck, Karen H.
- 99-124 Capital markets and corporate structure: the equity carve-outs of Thermo Electron
by Allen, Jeffrey W.
1998, Volume 47, Issue 3
- 243-277 Venture capital and the structure of capital markets: banks versus stock markets
by Black, Bernard S. & Gilson, Ronald J.
- 279-313 Proxy contests and corporate change: implications for shareholder wealth
by Mulherin, J. Harold & Poulsen, Annette B.
- 315-337 Macroeconomic news and bond market volatility
by Jones, Charles M. & Lamont, Owen & Lumsdaine, Robin L.
- 339-355 Short-term traders and liquidity: a test using Bombay Stock Exchange data
by Berkman, Henk & Eleswarapu, Venkat R.
1998, Volume 47, Issue 2
- 127-159 Ex dividend day stock price behavior: discreteness or tax-induced clienteles?
by Bali, Rakesh & Hite, Gailen L.
- 161-188 Why do stock prices drop by less than the value of the dividend? Evidence from a country without taxes
by Frank, Murray & Jagannathan, Ravi
- 189-218 The impact of contingent liability on commercial bank risk taking
by Esty, Benjamin C.
- 219-239 Managerial compensation and the threat of takeover
by Agrawal, Anup & Knoeber, Charles R.
1998, Volume 47, Issue 1
- 3-53 Ancient redwoods and the politics of finance: the hostile takeover of the Pacific Lumber Company
by DeAngelo, Harry & DeAngelo, Linda
- 55-82 Risk management, capital budgeting, and capital structure policy for financial institutions: an integrated approach
by Froot, Kenneth A. & Stein, Jeremy C.
- 83-102 Why firms issue convertible bonds: the matching of financial and real investment options
by Mayers, David
- 103-121 Ownership structure, investment, and the corporate value: an empirical analysis
by Cho, Myeong-Hyeon
- 123-123 The financial performance of reverse leveraged buyouts
by Holthausen, Robert W. & Larcker, David F.
1997, Volume 46, Issue 3
- 263-263 Editorial
- 265-292 Transactions costs and investment style: an inter-exchange analysis of institutional equity trades
by Keim, Donald B. & Madhavan, Ananth
- 293-319 A cross-exchange comparison of execution costs and information flow for NYSE-listed stocks
by Bessembinder, Hendrik & Kaufman, Herbert M.
- 321-355 Board structure and fee-setting in the U.S. mutual fund industry
by Tufano, Peter & Sevick, Matthew
- 357-381 A multibeta representation theorem for linear asset pricing theories
by Nawalkha, Sanjay K.
- 383-400 Bounds on contingent claims based on several assets
by Boyle, Phelim P. & Lin, X. Sheldon
1997, Volume 46, Issue 2
- 133-133 Editorial
- 135-164 Capital market frictions and the role of internal capital markets in banking
by Houston, Joel & James, Christopher & Marcus, David
- 165-197 CEO turnover and outside succession A cross-sectional analysis
by Parrino, Robert
- 199-221 Do strategic alliances create value?
by Su, Han Chan & Kensinger, John W. & Keown, Arthur J. & Martin, John D.
- 223-261 Why underwrite rights offerings? Some new evidence
by B[oslash]hren, [Oslash]yvind & Eckbo, B. Espen & Michalsen, Dag
1997, Volume 46, Issue 1
- 1-1 Editorial
- 3-28 Why is there a home bias? An analysis of foreign portfolio equity ownership in Japan
by Kang, Jun-Koo & Stulz, Rene M.
- 29-65 Corporate restructuring during performance declines in Japan
by Kang, Jun-Koo & Shivdasani, Anil
- 67-102 Negative option values are possible: The impact of Treasury bond futures on the cash U.S. Treasury market
by Jordan, Bradford D. & Kuipers, David R.
- 103-131 Return autocorrelation and institutional investors
by Sias, Richard W. & Starks, Laura T.
1997, Volume 45, Issue 3
- 285-331 Analyzing investments whose histories differ in length
by Stambaugh, Robert F.
- 333-363 Share price and mortality: An empirical evaluation of newly listed Nasdaq stocks
by Seguin, P. J. & Smoller, M. M.
- 365-390 Market microstructure and securities values: Evidence from the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange
by Amihud, Yakov & Mendelson, Haim & Lauterbach, Beni
- 391-413 Underpricing, ownership and control in initial public offerings of equity securities in the UK
by Brennan, M. J. & Franks, J.
1997, Volume 45, Issue 2
- 169-192 The determinants of organizational form changes: evidence and implications from real estate
by Damodaran, Aswath & John, Kose & Liu, Crocker H.
- 193-221 Ownership structure and top executive turnover
by Denis, David J. & Denis, Diane K. & Sarin, Atulya
- 223-255 Executive stock ownership and performance Tracking faint traces
by Loderer, Claudio & Martin, Kenneth
- 257-281 Corporate focus and value creation Evidence from spinoffs
by Daley, Lane & Mehrotra, Vikas & Sivakumar, Ranjini
1997, Volume 45, Issue 1
- 3-8 Symposium on market microstructure: Focus on Nasdaq
by Schwert, G. William
- 9-34 The degree of price resolution and equity trading costs
by Bessembinder, Hendrik
- 35-60 Bid-ask spreads and the avoidance of odd-eighth quotes on Nasdaq: An examination of exchange listings
by Barclay, Michael J.
- 61-89 Nasdaq market structure and spread patterns
by Kandel, Eugene & Marx, Leslie M.
- 91-95 Limit orders and the alleged Nasdaq collusion
by Demsetz, Harold
- 97-134 Do institutions receive comparable execution in the NYSE and Nasdaq markets? A transaction study of block trades
by LaPlante, Michele & Muscarella, Chris J.
- 135-166 The importance of firm quotes and rapid executions: Evidence from the January 1994 SOES rules change
by Harris, Jeffrey H. & Schultz, Paul H.
1997, Volume 44, Issue 3
- 281-307 Ownership and operating performance of companies that go public
by Mikkelson, Wayne H. & Partch, M. Megan & Shah, Kshitij
- 309-348 On biases in tests of the expectations hypothesis of the term structure of interest rates
by Bekaert, Geert & Hodrick, Robert J. & Marshall, David A.
- 349-396 Investor behavior in mass privatization: The case of the Czech voucher scheme
by Hingorani, Archana & Lehn, Kenneth & Makhija, Anil K.
- 397-416 Investment in technological innovations: An option pricing approach
by Grenadier, Steven R. & Weiss, Allen M.
1997, Volume 44, Issue 2
- 169-203 Book-to-market, dividend yield, and expected market returns: A time-series analysis
by Kothari, S. P. & Shanken, Jay
- 205-228 The decline of takeovers and disciplinary managerial turnover
by Mikkelson, Wayne H. & Partch, M. Megan
- 229-250 Inside directors, board effectiveness, and shareholder wealth
by Rosenstein, Stuart & Wyatt, Jeffrey G.
- 251-277 An empirical examination of basic valuation models for plain vanilla U.S. interest rate swaps
by Minton, Bernadette A.
1997, Volume 44, Issue 1
- 3-24 Guaranty funds and risk-taking Evidence from the insurance industry
by Lee, Soon-Jae & Mayers, David & Smith Jr., Clifford W.
- 25-55 Organizational form and risk taking in the savings and loan industry
by Esty, Benjamin C.
- 57-76 A case study of organizational form and risk shifting in the savings and loan industry
by Esty, Benjamin C.
- 77-122 On the measurement of Tobin's q
by Lewellen, Wilbur G. & Badrinath, S. G.
- 123-165 An alternative valuation model for contingent claims
by Bakshi, Gurdip S. & Zhiwu, Chen
1997, Volume 43, Issue 3
- 301-339 Measuring long-horizon security price performance
by Kothari, S. P. & Warner, Jerold B.
- 341-372 Detecting long-run abnormal stock returns: The empirical power and specification of test statistics
by Barber, Brad M. & Lyon, John D.
- 373-399 Mutual fund styles
by Brown, Stephen J. & Goetzmann, William N.
- 401-432 Vulture investors and the market for control of distressed firms
by Hotchkiss, Edith S. & Mooradian, Robert M.
- 433-456 Valuation uncertainty, institutional involvement, and the underpricing of IPOs: The case of REITs
by Ling, David C. & Ryngaert, Michael
1997, Volume 43, Issue 2
- 153-193 Industry costs of equity
by Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R.
- 195-218 Do independent directors enhance target shareholder wealth during tender offers?
by Cotter, James F. & Shivdasani, Anil & Zenner, Marc
- 241-274 Spinoffs and wealth transfers: The Marriott case
by Parrino, Robert
- 275-298 Privatization and efficiency: Industry effects of the sale of British Airways
by Eckel, Catherine & Eckel, Doug & Singal, Vijay
1997, Volume 43, Issue 1
- 3-27 Returns to contrarian investment strategies: Tests of naive expectations hypotheses
by Dechow, Patricia M. & Sloan, Richard G.
- 29-77 Emerging equity market volatility
by Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R.
- 79-104 The complexity of compensation contracts
by Kole, Stacey R.
- 105-130 Layoffs and underwritten rights offers
by Singh, Ajai K.
- 131-148 The effects of equity issues on ownership structure and stock liquidity: A comparison of rights and public offerings
by Kothare, Meeta
1996, Volume 42, Issue 3
- 293-332 The financial performance of reverse leveraged buyouts
by Holthausen, Robert W. & Larcker, David F.
- 333-364 Leasing and credit risk
by Grenadier, Steven R.
- 365-395 Corporate governance and shareholder initiatives: Empirical evidence
by Karpoff, Jonathan M. & Malatesta, Paul H. & Walkling, Ralph A.
- 397-421 Market timing ability and volatility implied in investment newsletters' asset allocation recommendations
by Graham, John R. & Harvey, Campbell R.
1996, Volume 42, Issue 2
- 159-185 Timing, investment opportunities, managerial discretion, and the security issue decision
by Jung, Kooyul & Yong-Cheol, Kim & Stulz, Rene M.
- 187-221 Proxies for the corporate marginal tax rate
by Graham, John R.
- 223-255 Price stabilization as a bonding mechanism in new equity issues
by Benveniste, Lawrence M. & Busaba, Walid Y. & Wilhelm Jr., William J.
- 257-287 Investor valuation of the abandonment option
by Berger, Philip G. & Ofek, Eli & Swary, Itzhak
1996, Volume 42, Issue 1
- 3-26 Stock splits: Signaling or liquidity? The case of ADR 'solo-splits'
by Muscarella, Chris J. & Vetsuypens, Michael R.
- 27-62 Modeling the conditional distribution of interest rates as a regime-switching process
by Gray, Stephen F.
- 63-104 Discriminatory versus uniform Treasury auctions: Evidence from when-issued transactions
by Nyborg, Kjell G. & Sundaresan, Suresh
- 105-132 Exchange rate variability and the riskiness of U.S. multinational firms: Evidence from the breakdown of the Bretton Woods system
by Bartov, Eli & Bodnar, Gordon M. & Kaul, Aditya
- 133-156 Grandstanding in the venture capital industry
by Gompers, Paul A.
1996, Volume 41, Issue 3
- 313-357 Dealer versus auction markets: A paired comparison of execution costs on NASDAQ and the NYSE
by Huang, Roger D. & Stoll, Hans R.
- 359-399 Detecting abnormal operating performance: The empirical power and specification of test statistics
by Barber, Brad M. & Lyon, John D.
- 401-439 Commonality in the determinants of expected stock returns
by Haugen, Robert A. & Baker, Nardin L.
- 441-464 Market microstructure and asset pricing: On the compensation for illiquidity in stock returns
by Brennan, Michael J. & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar
- 465-474 Why Nasdaq market makers avoid odd-eighth quotes
by Godek, Paul E.
- 475-511 Perceptions and the politics of finance: Junk bonds and the regulatory seizure of First Capital Life
by DeAngelo, Harry & DeAngelo, Linda & Gilson, Stuart C.
1996, Volume 41, Issue 2
- 153-192 Markup pricing in mergers and acquisitions
by Schwert, G. William
- 193-229 The impact of industry shocks on takeover and restructuring activity
by Mitchell, Mark L. & Mulherin, J. Harold
- 231-248 The pricing of convertible debt offerings
by Jun-Koo, Kang & Lee, Yul W.
- 249-290 Time-varying risk premia, volatility, and technical trading rule profits: Evidence from foreign currency futures markets
by Bong-Chan, Kho
- 291-310 Ownership dispersion, costly information, and IPO underpricing
by Booth, James R. & Chua, Lena
1996, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 3-39 The structure of mutual fund charges
by Chordia, Tarun
- 41-73 Debt and the marginal tax rate
by Graham, John R.
- 75-110 The term structure of interest rates in a pure exchange economy with heterogeneous investors
by Jiang, Wang
- 111-127 The market's response to recurring events The case of stock splits
by Pilotte, Eugene & Manuel, Timothy
- 129-149 Order characteristics and stock price evolution An application to program trading
by Hasbrouck, Joel
1996, Volume 40, Issue 3
- 341-371 Reversal of fortune Dividend signaling and the disappearance of sustained earnings growth
by DeAngelo, Harry & DeAngelo, Linda & Skinner, Douglas J.
- 373-401 Commercial banks in investment banking Conflict of interest or certification role?
by Puri, Manju
- 403-427 Top management turnover An empirical investigation of mutual fund managers
by Khorana, Ajay
- 429-458 Is there a pecking order? Evidence from a panel of IPO firms
by Helwege, Jean & Liang, Nellie
- 459-486 An empirical analysis of strategic competition and firm values The case of R&D competition
by Sundaram, Anant K. & John, Teresa A. & John, Kose
1996, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 185-211 Higher market valuation of companies with a small board of directors
by Yermack, David
- 213-237 Business conditions, monetary policy, and expected security returns
by Jensen, Gerald R. & Mercer, Jeffrey M. & Johnson, Robert R.
- 239-266 Active investors and management turnover following unsuccessful control contests
by Denis, David J. & Serrano, Jan M.
- 267-294 The influence of professional investors on the failure of management buyout attempts
by Peck, Sarah W.
- 295-318 A generalized model for testing the home and favorite team advantage in point spread markets
by Dare, William H. & MacDonald, S. Scott
- 319-338 A requiem for the USA Is small shareholder monitoring effective?
by Strickland, Deon & Wiles, Kenneth W. & Zenner, Marc
1996, Volume 40, Issue 1
- 3-29 Leverage, investment, and firm growth
by Lang, Larry & Ofek, Eli & Stulz, Rene M.
- 31-62 The distorting effect of the prudent-man laws on institutional equity investments
by Del Guercio, Diane
- 63-80 Firm-specific information and the correlation between individual stocks and bonds
by Kwan, Simon H.
- 81-104 Factors affecting the number of outside directorships held by CEOs
by Booth, James R. & Deli, Daniel N.
- 105-134 An empirical examination of information, differences of opinion, and trading activity
by Bessembinder, Hendrik & Chan, Kalok & Seguin, Paul J.
- 135-162 An empirical analysis of prepackaged bankruptcies
by Tashjian, Elizabeth & Lease, Ronald C. & McConnell, John J.