Resource accumulation through economic ties: Evidence from venture capital
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert Shimer & Lones Smith, 2000.
"Assortative Matching and Search,"
Econometric Society, vol. 68(2), pages 343-370, March.
- Shimer, R. & Smith, L., 1997. "Assortative Matching and Search," Working papers 97-2a, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Shimer, R. & Smith, L., 1998. "Assortive Matching and Search," Papers 98-09, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Shimer, R. & Smith, L., 1997. "Assortative Matching and Search," Working papers 97-2b, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Henry Kaiser, 1958. "The varimax criterion for analytic rotation in factor analysis," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 23(3), pages 187-200, September.
- Yael V. Hochberg & Alexander Ljungqvist & Annette Vissing-Jørgensen, 2014. "Informational Holdup and Performance Persistence in Venture Capital," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 27(1), pages 102-152, January.
- Yael V. Hochberg & Alexander Ljungqvist & Yang Lu, 2010. "Networking as a Barrier to Entry and the Competitive Supply of Venture Capital," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 65(3), pages 829-859, June.
- Casamatta, Catherine & Haritchabalet, Carole, 2007.
"Experience, screening and syndication in venture capital investments,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 368-398, July.
- Casamatta, Catherine & Haritchabalet, Carole, 2007. "Experience, Screening and Syndication in Venture Capital Investments," IDEI Working Papers 443, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Thomas Hellmann, 2007. "Entrepreneurs and the Process of Obtaining Resources," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(1), pages 81-109, March.
- Steven N. Kaplan & Antoinette Schoar, 2005.
"Private Equity Performance: Returns, Persistence, and Capital Flows,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 60(4), pages 1791-1823, August.
- Kaplan, Steve & Schoar, Antoinette, 2004. "Private Equity Performance: Returns, Persistence and Capital Flows," Working papers 4446-03, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Ai, Chunrong & Norton, Edward C., 2003. "Interaction terms in logit and probit models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 123-129, July.
- Papke, Leslie E & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M, 1996.
"Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(K) Plan Participation Rates,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(6), pages 619-632, Nov.-Dec..
- Leslie E. Papke & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 1993. "Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(k) Plan Participation Rates," NBER Technical Working Papers 0147, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua Lerner, 1994. "The Syndication of Venture Capital Investments," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 23(3), Fall.
- Thomas Hellmann & Manju Puri, 2002.
"Venture Capital and the Professionalization of Start-Up Firms: Empirical Evidence,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(1), pages 169-197, February.
- Hellmann, Thomas F. & Puri, Manju, 2000. "Venture Capital and the Professionalization of Start-up Firms: Empirical Evidence," Research Papers 1661, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- David H. Hsu, 2004. "What Do Entrepreneurs Pay for Venture Capital Affiliation?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(4), pages 1805-1844, August.
- Paul Gompers & Vladimir Mukharlyamov & Yuhai Xuan, 2012. "The Cost of Friendship," NBER Working Papers 18141, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lerner, Josh, 1995. " Venture Capitalists and the Oversight of Private Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(1), pages 301-318, March.
- David T. Robinson & Toby E. Stuart, 2007. "Network Effects in the Governance of Strategic Alliances," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(1), pages 242-273, April.
- Becker, Gary S, 1973. "A Theory of Marriage: Part I," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(4), pages 813-846, July-Aug..
- Hellmann, Thomas & Puri, Manju, 2000. "The Interaction between Product Market and Financing Strategy: The Role of Venture Capital," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 13(4), pages 959-984.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Du, Qianqian, 2016. "Birds of a feather or celebrating differences? The formation and impacts of venture capital syndication," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(PA), pages 1-14.
- Durufle, Gilles & Hellmann, Thomas F & Wilson, Karen, 2017.
"From Start-up to Scale-up: Examining Public Policies for the Financing of High-Growth Ventures,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
12004, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gilles Duruflé & Thomas Hellmann & Karen E. Wilson, 2017. "From start-up to scale-up: examining public policies for the financing of high-growth ventures," Working Papers 20035, Bruegel.
- Yael Hochberg & Michael Mazzeo & Ryan McDevitt, 2015. "Specialization and Competition in the Venture Capital Industry," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 46(4), pages 323-347, June.
- Fuchs, Florian & Fuess, Roland & Jenkinson, Tim & Morkoetter, Stefan, 2017. "Winning a Deal in Private Equity: Do Educational Networks Matter?," Working Papers on Finance 17155, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Yael V. Hochberg, 2016. "Accelerating Entrepreneurs and Ecosystems: The Seed Accelerator Model," Innovation Policy and the Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 25-51.
- repec:spr:jbecon:v:88:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s11573-017-0874-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yael V. Hochberg, 2015. "Accelerating Entrepreneurs and Ecosystems: The Seed Accelerator Model," NBER Chapters,in: Innovation Policy and the Economy, Volume 16, pages 25-51 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Khavul, Susanna & Deeds, David, 2016. "The Evolution of Initial Co-investment Syndications in an Emerging Venture Capital Market," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 280-293.
- KOUJAKU Sadamori & MIYAKAWA Daisuke, 2017. "Venture Capital Networks: An analysis using the exponential random graph model," Discussion papers 17084, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
More about this item
KeywordsNetwork formation; Organizational networks; Venture capital; Syndication; Matching;
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinec:v:118:y:2015:i:2:p:245-267. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.