Optimal securitization with moral hazard
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicolás S., 1945-, 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Working papers 1523-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Stewart C. Myers & Nicholas S. Majluf, 1984. "Corporate Financing and Investment Decisions When Firms Have InformationThat Investors Do Not Have," NBER Working Papers 1396, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicholas S., 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 187-221, June.
- PETER M. DeMARZO & YULIY SANNIKOV, 2006. "Optimal Security Design and Dynamic Capital Structure in a Continuous‐Time Agency Model," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(6), pages 2681-2724, December.
- Leland, Hayne E & Pyle, David H, 1977.
"Informational Asymmetries, Financial Structure, and Financial Intermediation,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(2), pages 371-387, May.
- Hayne E. Leland and David H. Pyle., 1976. "Informational Asymmetries, Financial Structure, and Financial Intermediation," Research Program in Finance Working Papers 41, University of California at Berkeley.
- Peter DeMarzo & Darrell Duffie, 1999. "A Liquidity-Based Model of Security Design," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(1), pages 65-100, January.
- Ulf Axelson, 2007. "Security Design with Investor Private Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(6), pages 2587-2632, December.
- Chris Downing & Dwight Jaffee, 2009. "Is the Market for Mortgage-Backed Securities a Market for Lemons?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(7), pages 2257-2294, July.
- Innes, Robert D., 1990. "Limited liability and incentive contracting with ex-ante action choices," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 45-67, October.
- Christine A. Parlour & Guillaume Plantin, 2008. "Loan Sales and Relationship Banking," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 63(3), pages 1291-1314, June.
- Atif Mian & Amir Sufi, 2009. "The Consequences of Mortgage Credit Expansion: Evidence from the U.S. Mortgage Default Crisis," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 124(4), pages 1449-1496.
- Peter M. DeMarzo & Michael J. Fishman, 2007. "Optimal Long-Term Financial Contracting," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 20(6), pages 2079-2128, November.
- Laux, Christian, 2001. "Limited-Liability and Incentive Contracting with Multiple Projects," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(3), pages 514-526, Autumn.
- Abreu, Dilip & Milgrom, Paul & Pearce, David, 1991.
"Information and Timing in Repeated Partnerships,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1713-1733, November.
- David G. Pearce & Dilip Abreu & Paul R. Milgrom, 1988. "Information and Timing in Repeated Partnerships," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 875, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Dilip Abreu & Paul Milgrom & David Pearce, 1997. "Information and timing in repeated partnerships," Levine's Working Paper Archive 636, David K. Levine.
- Nachman, David C & Noe, Thomas H, 1994. "Optimal Design of Securities under Asymmetric Information," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(1), pages 1-44.
- Peter M. DeMarzo, 2005. "The Pooling and Tranching of Securities: A Model of Informed Intermediation," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 18(1), pages 1-35.
- Gorton, Gary & Pennacchi, George, 1990. "Financial Intermediaries and Liquidity Creation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 49-71, March.
- Riddiough, Timothy J., 1997. "Optimal Design and Governance of Asset-Backed Securities," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 121-152, April.
- Benjamin J. Keys & Tanmoy Mukherjee & Amit Seru & Vikrant Vig, 2010. "Did Securitization Lead to Lax Screening? Evidence from Subprime Loans," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 125(1), pages 307-362.
- Yuliy Sannikov & Andrzej Skrzypacz, 2010.
"The Role of Information in Repeated Games With Frequent Actions,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 78(3), pages 847-882, May.
- Yuliy Sannikov & Andrzej Skrzypacz, 2006. "The role of information in repeated games with frequent actions," 2006 Meeting Papers 871, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Douglas W. Diamond, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414.
- Ashcraft, Adam B. & Schuermann, Til, 2008.
"Understanding the Securitization of Subprime Mortgage Credit,"
Foundations and Trends(R) in Finance, now publishers, vol. 2(3), pages 191-309, June.
- Adam B. Ashcraft & Til Schuermann, 2008. "Understanding the securitization of subprime mortgage credit," Staff Reports 318, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Bond, Philip & Gomes, Armando, 2009. "Multitask principal-agent problems: Optimal contracts, fragility, and effort misallocation," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 144(1), pages 175-211, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pagès, Henri, 2013. "Bank monitoring incentives and optimal ABS," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 30-54.
- Kawai, Keiichi, 2015. "Reputation for quality and adverse selection," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 47-59.
- Gilles Chemla & Christopher A. Hennessy, 2014. "Skin in the Game and Moral Hazard," Post-Print hal-01457063, HAL.
- Hoffmann, Florian & Inderst, Roman & Opp, Marcus M., 2018.
"Only time will tell: A theory of deferred compensation,"
SAFE Working Paper Series
218, Leibniz Institute for Financial Research SAFE.
- Inderst, Roman & Opp, Marcus M., 2019. "Only time will tell: A theory of deferred compensation," CEPR Discussion Papers 13643, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Malamud, Semyon & Rui, Huaxia & Whinston, Andrew, 2013. "Optimal incentives and securitization of defaultable assets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 111-135.
- Zhang, Xiong, 2020. "Convertible tranche in securitization," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(C).
- Krahnen, Jan Pieter & Wilde, Christian, 2017.
"Skin-in-the-game in ABS transactions: A critical review of policy options,"
SAFE White Paper Series
46, Leibniz Institute for Financial Research SAFE.
- Wilde, Christian & Krahnen, Jan Pieter, 2017. "Skin in the game in ABS transactions: A critical review of policy options," VfS Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168296, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Krahnen, Jan Pieter & Wilde, Christian, 2018. "Skin-in-the-Game in ABS Transactions: A Critical Review of Policy Options," CEPR Discussion Papers 12619, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/11540 is not listed on IDEAS
- Afrasiab Mirza & Eric Stephens, 2016. "Securitization and Aggregate Investment Efficiency," Carleton Economic Papers 16-05, Carleton University, Department of Economics, revised 24 Jan 2017.
- Pagès, H., 2009. "Bank incentives and optimal CDOs," Working papers 253, Banque de France.
- Kiff, John & Kisser, Michael, 2014. "A shot at regulating securitization," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 10(C), pages 32-49.
- Deku, Solomon Y. & Kara, Alper & Marqués-Ibáñez, David, 2019. "Do reputable issuers provide better-quality securitizations?," Working Paper Series 2236, European Central Bank.
- Gürtler, Marc & Hibbeln, Martin, 2012. "How smart are investors after the subprime mortgage crisis? Evidence from the securitization market," Working Papers IF39V1, Technische Universität Braunschweig, Institute of Finance.
- Hoffmann, Florian & Inderst, Roman & Opp, Marcus, 2014. "Regulating Deferred Incentive Pay," CEPR Discussion Papers 9877, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rose Neng Lai & Robert Order, 2014. "Securitization, Risk-Taking and the Option to Change Strategy," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 42(2), pages 343-362, June.
- Sascha Tobias Wengerek & Benjamin Hippert & André Uhde, 2019. "Risk allocation through securitization - Evidence from non-performing loans," Working Papers Dissertations 58, Paderborn University, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics.
- Georges Dionne & Sara Malekan, 2017.
"Optimal Form of Retention for Securitized Loans under Moral Hazard,"
Risks, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(4), pages 1-1, October.
- Dionne, Georges & Malekan, Sara, 2015. "Optimal form of retention for securitized loans under moral hazard," Working Papers 15-4, HEC Montreal, Canada Research Chair in Risk Management.
- Craig H. Furfine, 2014. "Complexity and Loan Performance: Evidence from the Securitization of Commercial Mortgages," Review of Corporate Finance Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(2), pages 154-187.
More about this item
KeywordsSecurity design; Mortgage backed securities; Moral hazard;
- D86 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Economics of Contract Law
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinec:v:104:y:2012:i:1:p:186-202. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.