Pinning in the S&P 500 futures
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Benjamin Golez & Jens Carsten Jackwerth, 2010. "Pinning in the S&P 500 Futures," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2010-12, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
References listed on IDEAS
- Parkinson, Michael, 1980. "The Extreme Value Method for Estimating the Variance of the Rate of Return," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(1), pages 61-65, January.
- Martens, Martin & van Dijk, Dick, 2007. "Measuring volatility with the realized range," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 138(1), pages 181-207, May.
- Nicolae Garleanu & Lasse Heje Pedersen & Allen M. Poteshman, 2009.
"Demand-Based Option Pricing,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(10), pages 4259-4299, October.
- Nicolae Garleanu & Lasse Heje Pedersen & Allen M. Poteshman, 2005. "Demand-Based Option Pricing," NBER Working Papers 11843, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Garleanu, Nicolae Bogdan & Pedersen, Lasse Heje & Poteshman, Allen M, 2005. "Demand-Based Option Pricing," CEPR Discussion Papers 5420, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marco Avellaneda & Michael Lipkin, 2003. "A market-induced mechanism for stock pinning," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(6), pages 417-425.
- Xiaoyan Ni, Sophie & Pearson, Neil D. & Poteshman, Allen M., 2005. "Stock price clustering on option expiration dates," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 49-87, October.
More about this item
KeywordsPinning; Futures; Options; Option expiration; Hedging;
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinec:v:106:y:2012:i:3:p:566-585. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.