Testing for co-jumps in high-frequency financial data: an approach based on first-high-low-last prices
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Martens, Martin & van Dijk, Dick, 2007. "Measuring volatility with the realized range," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 138(1), pages 181-207, May.
- Yin Liao & Heather Anderson & Farshid Vahid, 2010.
"Do Jumps Matter? Forecasting Multivariate Realized Volatility Allowing for Common Jumps,"
ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics
2010-520, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Yin Liao & Heather M. Anderson & Farshid Vahid, 2010. "Do Jumps Matter? Forecasting Multivariate Realized Volatility allowing for Common Jumps," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 11/10, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Jacod, Jean & Li, Yingying & Mykland, Per A. & Podolskij, Mark & Vetter, Mathias, 2009.
"Microstructure noise in the continuous case: The pre-averaging approach,"
Stochastic Processes and their Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 119(7), pages 2249-2276, July.
- Jacod, Jean & Li, Yingying & Mykland, Per A. & Podolskij, Mark & Vetter, Mathias, 2007. "Microstructure noise in the continuous case: the pre-averaging approach," Technical Reports 2007,41, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Zhang, Lan, 2011. "Estimating covariation: Epps effect, microstructure noise," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 160(1), pages 33-47, January.
- AÃ¯t-Sahalia, Yacine & Fan, Jianqing & Xiu, Dacheng, 2010. "High-Frequency Covariance Estimates With Noisy and Asynchronous Financial Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 105(492), pages 1504-1517.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Law, Tzuo Hann & Tauchen, George, 2008. "Risk, jumps, and diversification," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 144(1), pages 234-256, May.
- Maria Elvira Mancino & Simona Sanfelici, 2011. "Estimating Covariance via Fourier Method in the Presence of Asynchronous Trading and Microstructure Noise," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 9(2), pages 367-408, Spring.
- Christensen, Kim & Podolskij, Mark, 2007. "Realized range-based estimation of integrated variance," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 323-349, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:vls:finstu:v:20:y:2016:i:4:p:6-16 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cao, Guangxi & Han, Yan & Cui, Weijun & Guo, Yu, 2014. "Multifractal detrended cross-correlations between the CSI 300 index futures and the spot markets based on high-frequency data," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 414(C), pages 308-320.
- Guido Russi, 2012. "Estimating the Leverage Effect Using High Frequency Data," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 2, pages 1-24, February.
- Zebende, G.F. & da Silva, M.F. & Machado Filho, A., 2013. "DCCA cross-correlation coefficient differentiation: Theoretical and practical approaches," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(8), pages 1756-1761.
More about this item
KeywordsCovariance; Co-jumps; High-frequency data; First-High-Low-Last price; Microstructure bias; Nonsynchronous trades; Realized covariance; Realized co-range.;
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2011-08-29 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2011-08-29 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-MST-2011-08-29 (Market Microstructure)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:msh:ebswps:2011-9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dr Xibin Zhang). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dxmonau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.