Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeborg. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo .
November 2001, Volume 46, Issue 3
October 2001, Volume 46, Issue 2
September 2001, Volume 46, Issue 1
- 1-22 Round-about production, co-ordination failure, technological change, and the wage-employment dilemma
by Amendola, M. & Froeschle, C. & Gaffard, J. -L. & Lega, E.
- 23-37 The Phillips curve, regime switching, and the NAIRU
by Ferri, Piero & Greenberg, Edward & Day, Richard H.
- 39-55 On endogenous growth and increasing returns: modeling learning-by-doing and the division of labor
by De Liso, Nicola & Filatrella, Giovanni & Weaver, Nick
- 57-71 Statistical dynamics and Walras' law
by Huang, Weihong
- 73-100 Equilibrium selection in a nonlinear duopoly game with adaptive expectations
by Bischi, Gian Italo & Kopel, Michael
- 101-136 A Keynesian macroeconometric framework for the analysis of monetary policy rules
by Flaschel, Peter & Gong, Gang & Semmler, Willi
August 2001, Volume 45, Issue 4
- 339-359 Do lending relationships matter?: Evidence from bank survey data in Germany
by Lehmann, Erik & Neuberger, Doris
- 361-381 Risk sharing in the supplier relationship: new evidence from the Japanese automotive industry
by Okamuro, Hiroyuki
- 383-401 Cooperation in R&D: the case of patent infringement agreements
by Marjit, Sugata & Mukherjee, Arijit & Ling Shi, He
- 403-425 Innovation and reciprocal externalities: information transmission via job mobility
by Cooper, David P.
- 427-440 Do hostile mergers destroy jobs?
by Conyon, Martin J. & Girma, Sourafel & Thompson, Steve & Wright, Peter W.
- 441-458 The impact of hierarchies on wages
by Meagher, Kieron J.
- 459-473 Delegated bargaining and renegotiation
by Bester, Helmut & Sakovics, Jozsef
July 2001, Volume 45, Issue 3
- 225-226 Subjective well-being and economic analysis: a brief introduction
by Easterlin, Richard A.
- 227-249 On the validity of utility statements: standard theory versus Duesenberry's
by Hollander, Heinz
- 251-278 Relative-income effects on subjective well-being in the cross-section
by McBride, Michael
- 279-291 Attitude choice, economic change, and welfare
by Ng, Yew-Kwang & Wang, Jianguo
- 293-300 A clue to the paradox of happiness
by Phelps, Charlotte D.
- 301-328 Relative payoffs and happiness: an experimental study
by Charness, Gary & Grosskopf, Brit
- 329-331 Individual Strategy and Social Structure: An Evolutionary Theory of Institutions: H. Peyton Young, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, 1998, pp. xvi+190
by Albin, Peter S. & Foley, Duncan K.
- 332-335 Alchemies of the Mind: Jon Elster, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1999, 450 + xii pp., Index, ISBN 0-521-64279-5, US$ 59.95
by Koppl, Roger
June 2001, Volume 45, Issue 2
- 113-132 Learning by helping: a bounded rationality model of mentoring
by Arai, Mahmood & Billot, Antoine & Lanfranchi, Joseph
- 133-153 The new institutional economics and the theory of the firm
by Furubotn, Eirik G.
- 155-173 Optimizing multi-stage negotiations
by John, Reinhard & Raith, Matthias G.
- 175-184 Monopolistic competition and bounded rationality
by Jin, Jim Y.
- 185-211 Mode, size, and location of foreign direct investments and industry markups
by Chung, Wilbur
- 213-224 The timing of foreign direct investment under uncertainty: evidence from the Spanish banking sector
by Blandon, Josep Garcia
May 2001, Volume 45, Issue 1
- 1-17 Contingent social utility in the prisoners' dilemma
by Gibbons, Robert & Boven, Leaf Van
- 19-35 Population rule learning in symmetric normal-form games: theory and evidence
by Stahl, Dale O.
- 37-47 On the use of a modified Shapley value to determine the optimal size of a cartel
by Rothschild, R.
- 49-68 Wave trains, innovation noise, and long waves
by Franke, R.
- 69-81 Asset specificity and a firm's borrowing ability: an empirical analysis of manufacturing firms
by Mocnik, Dijana
- 83-97 An experimental test of a predator-prey model of appropriation
by Carter, John R. & Anderton, Charles H.
- 99-106 The quality of the signal matters -- a note on imperfect observability and the timing of moves
by Muller, Wieland
- 107-110 Foundations of Organizational Strategy: Michael C. Jensen (Ed.), Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA, 1998, 414 pp., $45.00
by Bierly III, Paul E.
- 111-111 Rationality Gone Awry? Decision Making Inconsistent with Economic and Financial Theory: Hugh Schwartz (Ed.), Praeger, Westport, Connecticut, 1998, pp. 209 + xxiii, $65.00, Includes index and bibliography
by Wood, William C.
April 2001, Volume 44, Issue 4
- 363-382 Will most of us be working for giant enterprises by 2028?
by Pryor, Frederic L.
- 383-402 Shirking and the choice of technology: a theory of production inefficiency with an empirical application
by Depken II, Craig A. & Redmount, Esther & Snow, Arthur
- 403-412 The effect of business risk on manufacturing investment: Sectoral survey evidence from Ireland
by Driver, Ciaran & Whelan, Brendan
- 413-434 Does inequality of labor earnings emerge in young days or later? : Labor earnings dynamics and learning about individual ability in heterogeneous society
by Yamauchi K., Futoshi
- 435-453 Spot market mechanism design and competitivity issues in electric power
by Denton, Michael J. & Rassenti, Stephen J. & Smith, Vernon L.
- 455-465 Incentive schemes as a signaling device
by Inderst, Roman
- 467-479 Information acquisition and entry
by Hurkens, Sjaak & Vulkan, Nir
March 2001, Volume 44, Issue 3
February 2001, Volume 44, Issue 2
- 129-143 Faculty participation in university governance and the effects on university performance
by BrownJr., William O.
- 145-167 Help, harm or avoid? On the personal advantage of dispositions to cooperate and punish in multilateral PD games with exit
by Congleton, Roger D. & Vanberg, Viktor J.
- 169-176 A model of institutional formation within a rent seeking environment
by Sylwester, Kevin
- 177-200 The information advantage in two-person bargaining with incomplete information
by Seale, Darryl A. & Daniel, Terry E. & Rapoport, Amnon
- 201-219 Why do black basketball players work more for less money?
by McCormick, Robert E. & Tollison, Robert D.
- 221-232 Anticipatory learning in two-person games: some experimental results
by Tang, Fang-Fang
- 233-248 Multi-task agency: a combinatorial model
by Bardsley, Peter
January 2001, Volume 44, Issue 1
- 1-30 On sympathy and games
by Sally, David
- 31-54 Making sense of institutions as a factor shaping economic performance
by Nelson, Richard R. & Sampat, Bhaven N.
- 55-69 Agency costs, asset specificity, and the capital structure of the firm
by Vilasuso, Jon & Minkler, Alanson
- 71-83 Can agents learn their way out of chaos?
by Schonhofer, Martin
- 85-103 Statistical estimation and moment evaluation of a stochastic growth model with asset market restrictions
by Lettau, Martin & Gong, Gang & Semmler, Willi
- 105-127 Optimal assignment of principalship in teams
by Li, Shuhe & Zhang, Weiying
December 2000, Volume 43, Issue 4
November 2000, Volume 43, Issue 3
- 279-293 Ownership structure and the quality of medical care: evidence from the dialysis industry
by Ford, Jon M. & Kaserman, David L.
- 295-318 The effect of organizational form on quality: the case of franchising
by Michael, Steven C.
- 319-336 Why capital suppliers (usually) hire workers: what we know and what we need to know
by Dow, Gregory K. & Putterman, Louis
- 337-357 International trade and internal organization
by Patel, Urjit R.
- 359-376 Nonprofit decision making and social regulation: the intended and unintended consequences of Title IX
by Carroll, Kathleen A. & Humphreys, Brad R.
- 377-391 A game-theoretic explanation of the administrative lattice in institutions of higher learning
by Ortmann, Andreas & Squire, Richard
- 393-395 Rejoinder to Kritikos and Bolle: making indenture viable -- the extortionary power of pre-commitment in iterated prisoner's dilemma
by Holt, Gerhard
- 397-403 Indenture: an institution for a credible commitment without extortion
by Kritikos, Alexander S.
October 2000, Volume 43, Issue 2
- 141-166 Optimal search on a technology landscape
by Kauffman, Stuart & Lobo, Jose & Macready, William G.
- 167-198 A contribution to the evolutionary theory of innovation, imitation and growth
by Iwai, Katsuhito
- 199-221 The role of linkages in firm performance: evidence from southern Italy
by Mazzola, Fabio & Bruni, Sergio
- 223-238 Keeping up with the Joneses: competition and the evolution of collusion
by Dixon, Huw David
- 239-262 Spatial evolution of automata in the prisoners' dilemma
by Kirchkamp, Oliver
- 263-277 The dynamics of resource allocation in research organizations
by Filson, Darren
September 2000, Volume 43, Issue 1
- 1-34 Bounded rationality, social and cultural norms, and interdependence via reference groups
by Hayakawa, Hiroaki
- 35-55 Status competition and performance in work groups
by Loch, Christoph H. & Huberman, Bernardo A. & Stout, Suzanne
- 57-73 Friend-or-foe intentionality priming in an extensive form trust game
by Burnham, Terence & McCabe, Kevin & Smith, Vernon L.
- 75-89 Entitlements and fairness:: an experimental study of distributive preferences
by Rutstrom, E. Elisabet & Williams, Melonie B.
- 91-99 On some implications of evolutionary psychology for the study of preferences and institutions
by Ben-Ner, Avner & Putterman, Louis
- 101-113 Does economics make citizens corrupt?
by Frank, Bjorn & Schulze, Gunther G.
- 115-125 "Yes men", integrity, and the optimal design of incentive contracts
by Ewerhart, Christian & Schmitz, Patrick W.
- 127-139 Do as you say, say as you do: evidence on gender differences in actual and stated contributions to public goods
by Brown, Kelly M. & Taylor, Laura O.
August 2000, Volume 42, Issue 4
- 427-444 When to fire bad managers: the role of collusion between management and board of directors
by Beetsma, Roel & Peters, Hans & Rebers, Eugene
- 445-462 Interlinkage, limited liability and strategic interaction
by Basu, Kaushik & Bell, Clive & Bose, Pinaki
- 463-482 Comparing alternative explanations for accounting risk-return relations
by Deephouse, David L. & Wiseman, Robert M.
- 483-521 Mixed strategies and iterative elimination of strongly dominated strategies: an experimental investigation of states of knowledge
by Rapoport, Amnon & Amaldoss, Wilfred
- 523-548 The effects of payoff magnitude and heterogeneity on behavior in 2 x 2 games with unique mixed strategy equilibria
by McKelvey, Richard D. & Palfrey, Thomas R. & Weber, Roberto A.
- 549-560 Holdups, simple contracts and information acquisition
by Zhu, Tian
July 2000, Volume 42, Issue 3
June 2000, Volume 42, Issue 2
- 145-165 The theory of irrelevance of the size of the firm
by Liu, Pak-Wai & Yang, Xiaokai
- 167-187 Causes of subcontracting: evidence from panel data on construction firms
by Gonzalez-Diaz, Manuel & Arrunada, Benito & Fernandez, Alberto
- 189-206 Transaction costs and contractual incompleteness: the case of Electricite de France
by Saussier, Stephane
- 207-229 An experimental examination of double marginalization and vertical relationships
by Durham, Yvonne
- 231-252 Organizational communication structure and performance
by Visser, Bauke
- 253-263 Managerial reputation and the 'endgame'
by Berck, Peter & Lipow, Jonathan
- 265-277 The moonlighting game: An experimental study on reciprocity and retribution
by Abbink, Klaus & Irlenbusch, Bernd & Renner, Elke
- 279-284 Toward Finance With Meaning, The Methodology of Finance: What it is and What it Can Be (JAI Press, Greenwich, Connecticut, 1996), pp. xx+260, $76 George M. Frankfurter and Elton G. McGoun
by Phillips, H. E.
May 2000, Volume 42, Issue 1
- 1-17 The open constitution and its enemies: competition, rent seeking, and the rise of the modern state
by Volckart, Oliver
- 19-41 Choosing rules to govern the commons: a model with evidence from Mexico
by Dayton-Johnson, Jeff
- 43-74 Privatization and efficiency: differentiating ownership effects from political, organizational, and dynamic effects
by Villalonga, Belen
- 75-96 The role of nonbinding alternative dispute resolution in litigation
by Spurr, Stephen J.
- 97-108 Sequential elections and overlapping terms: voting for US Senate
by Heckelman, Jac C.
- 109-124 Allocation efficiency in a competitive bribery game
by Clark, Derek J. & Riis, Christian
- 125-129 On the evolutionary stability of altruistic and spiteful preferences
by Possajennikov, Alex
- 131-133 Is altruism evolutionarily stable? And envy and malevolence?: Remarks on Bester and Guth
by Bolle, Friedel
- 135-136 A comment on indentured servitude: in response to Kritikos and Bolle -- February 15th, 1998
by Holt, Gerhard
- 137-139 Indenture: a viable contract for a sequential one-shot Prisoners' Dilemma: A reply to Holt
by Kritikos, Alexander S. & Bolle, Friedel
- 141-143 New Theories in Growth and Development: Fabrizio Coricelli, Massimo di Mateo, and Frank Hahn, Macmillan and St. Martin's, London and New York, 1998
by Yotopoulos, Pan A.
April 2000, Volume 41, Issue 4
- 315-335 On the formation of industry lobby groups
by Damania, Richard & Fredriksson, Per G.
- 337-362 Asset specificity, uncertainty and relational norms: an examination of coordination costs in collaborative strategic alliances
by Artz, Kendall W. & Brush, Thomas H.
- 363-383 Merger market dynamics: insights into the behavior of target and bidder firms
by Shelton, Lois M.
- 385-404 Collusion in transport: group effects in a historical perspective
by van Driel, Hugo
- 405-426 An experiment on sequential rent-seeking
by Weimann, Joachim & Yang, Chun-Lei & Vogt, Carsten
March 2000, Volume 41, Issue 3
- 191-209 Teaching children cooperation -- An application of experimental game theory
by Fan, Chinn-Ping
- 211-219 Nicotine addiction and cigarette consumption: a psycho-economic model
by Cameron, Dr. Samuel
- 221-237 Values elicited from open-ended real experiments
by Horowitz, John K. & McConnell, K. E.
- 239-262 The common consequence effect: testing a unified explanation of recent mixed evidence
by Humphrey, Steven J.
- 263-276 A violation of the monotonicity axiom: experimental evidence on the conjunction fallacy
by Zizzo, Daniel John & Stolarz-Fantino, Stephanie & Wen, Julie & Fantino, Edmund
- 277-297 Do non-expected utility choice patterns spring from hazy preferences? An experimental study of choice 'errors'
by Butler, D. J.
- 299-314 Thinking like a game theorist: factors affecting the frequency of equilibrium play
by Croson, Rachel T. A.
February 2000, Volume 41, Issue 2
- 85-99 The competition of user networks: ergodicity, lock-ins, and metastability
by Woeckener, Bernd
- 101-115 Complex dynamics in a cobweb model with adaptive production adjustment
by Onozaki, Tamotsu & Sieg, Gernot & Yokoo, Masanori
- 117-146 Adaptation and convergence of behavior in repeated experimental Cournot games
by Rassenti, Stephen & Reynolds, Stanley S. & Smith, Vernon L. & Szidarovszky, Ferenc
- 147-157 Quantity precommitment in an experimental oligopoly market
by Muren, Astri
- 159-176 The impact of endowment framing on market prices -- an experimental analysis
by Weber, Martin & Keppe, Hans-Jurgen & Meyer-Delius, Gabriela
- 177-190 The contingent nature of the revolution predicted by Marx
by Petith, Howard
January 2000, Volume 41, Issue 1
December 1999, Volume 40, Issue 4
- 337-351 Singleton bias and lexicographic preferences among equally valued alternatives
by Colman, Andrew M. & Stirk, Jonathan A.
- 353-371 Proxy contests and corporate democracy
by Mikami, Kazuhiko
- 373-386 Sentimental fools: a critique of Amartya Sen's notion of commitment
by Khalil, Elias L.
- 387-407 Asynchronized multiperiod commitments and cycles
by Cahuc, Pierre & Kempf, Hubert
- 409-426 A panel data model for subjective information on household income growth
by Das, Marcel & van Soest, Arthur
- 427-442 Efficient moral hazard
by Gifford, Sharon
- 443-456 Exclusive vs. independent agents: a separating equilibrium approach
by Venezia, Itzhak & Galai, Dan & Shapira, Zur
November 1999, Volume 40, Issue 3
October 1999, Volume 40, Issue 2
September 1999, Volume 40, Issue 1
July 1999, Volume 39, Issue 4
July 1999, Volume 39, Issue 3
June 1999, Volume 39, Issue 2
May 1999, Volume 39, Issue 1
- 11-28 Alternative logics for decision making in social settings
by Messick, David M.
- 29-40 A message from psychologists to economists: mere predictability doesn't matter like it should (without a good story appended to it)
by Dawes, Robyn M.
- 41-58 Explaining how preferences change across joint versus separate evaluation
by Bazerman, Max H. & Moore, Don A. & Tenbrunsel, Ann E. & Wade-Benzoni, Kimberly A. & Blount, Sally
- 59-82 The econometrics and behavioral economics of escalation of commitment: a re-examination of Staw and Hoang's NBA data
by Camerer, Colin F. & Weber, Roberto A.
- 83-110 Wishes, expectations and actions: a survey on price formation in election stock markets
by Forsythe, Robert & Rietz, Thomas A. & Ross, Thomas W.
- 111-128 The effect of adding a constant to all payoffs: experimental investigation, and implications for reinforcement learning models
by Erev, Ido & Bereby-Meyer, Yoella & Roth, Alvin E.