Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization
December 2000, Volume 43, Issue 4
- 423-446 Wage equity and employee motivation in nonprofit and for-profit organizations
by Leete, Laura
- 447-470 Economic motives and professional norms: the case of general medical practice
by Iversen, Tor & Luras, Hilde
- 471-485 Confidence lost and -- partially -- regained: consumer response to food scares
by Bocker, Andreas & Hanf, Claus-Hennig
- 487-497 Full-scale real tests of consumer behavior using experimental data
by Mattei, Aurelio
- 499-522 Professionals and students in a lobbying experiment: Professional rules of conduct and subject surrogacy
by Potters, Jan & van Winden, Frans
November 2000, Volume 43, Issue 3
- 279-293 Ownership structure and the quality of medical care: evidence from the dialysis industry
by Ford, Jon M. & Kaserman, David L.
- 295-318 The effect of organizational form on quality: the case of franchising
by Michael, Steven C.
- 319-336 Why capital suppliers (usually) hire workers: what we know and what we need to know
by Dow, Gregory K. & Putterman, Louis
- 337-357 International trade and internal organization
by Patel, Urjit R.
- 359-376 Nonprofit decision making and social regulation: the intended and unintended consequences of Title IX
by Carroll, Kathleen A. & Humphreys, Brad R.
- 377-391 A game-theoretic explanation of the administrative lattice in institutions of higher learning
by Ortmann, Andreas & Squire, Richard
- 393-395 Rejoinder to Kritikos and Bolle: making indenture viable -- the extortionary power of pre-commitment in iterated prisoner's dilemma
by Holt, Gerhard
- 397-403 Indenture: an institution for a credible commitment without extortion
by Kritikos, Alexander S.
October 2000, Volume 43, Issue 2
- 141-166 Optimal search on a technology landscape
by Kauffman, Stuart & Lobo, Jose & Macready, William G.
- 167-198 A contribution to the evolutionary theory of innovation, imitation and growth
by Iwai, Katsuhito
- 199-221 The role of linkages in firm performance: evidence from southern Italy
by Mazzola, Fabio & Bruni, Sergio
- 223-238 Keeping up with the Joneses: competition and the evolution of collusion
by Dixon, Huw David
- 239-262 Spatial evolution of automata in the prisoners' dilemma
by Kirchkamp, Oliver
- 263-277 The dynamics of resource allocation in research organizations
by Filson, Darren
September 2000, Volume 43, Issue 1
- 1-34 Bounded rationality, social and cultural norms, and interdependence via reference groups
by Hayakawa, Hiroaki
- 35-55 Status competition and performance in work groups
by Loch, Christoph H. & Huberman, Bernardo A. & Stout, Suzanne
- 57-73 Friend-or-foe intentionality priming in an extensive form trust game
by Burnham, Terence & McCabe, Kevin & Smith, Vernon L.
- 75-89 Entitlements and fairness:: an experimental study of distributive preferences
by Rutstrom, E. Elisabet & Williams, Melonie B.
- 91-99 On some implications of evolutionary psychology for the study of preferences and institutions
by Ben-Ner, Avner & Putterman, Louis
- 101-113 Does economics make citizens corrupt?
by Frank, Bjorn & Schulze, Gunther G.
- 115-125 "Yes men", integrity, and the optimal design of incentive contracts
by Ewerhart, Christian & Schmitz, Patrick W.
- 127-139 Do as you say, say as you do: evidence on gender differences in actual and stated contributions to public goods
by Brown, Kelly M. & Taylor, Laura O.
August 2000, Volume 42, Issue 4
- 427-444 When to fire bad managers: the role of collusion between management and board of directors
by Beetsma, Roel & Peters, Hans & Rebers, Eugene
- 445-462 Interlinkage, limited liability and strategic interaction
by Basu, Kaushik & Bell, Clive & Bose, Pinaki
- 463-482 Comparing alternative explanations for accounting risk-return relations
by Deephouse, David L. & Wiseman, Robert M.
- 483-521 Mixed strategies and iterative elimination of strongly dominated strategies: an experimental investigation of states of knowledge
by Rapoport, Amnon & Amaldoss, Wilfred
- 523-548 The effects of payoff magnitude and heterogeneity on behavior in 2 x 2 games with unique mixed strategy equilibria
by McKelvey, Richard D. & Palfrey, Thomas R. & Weber, Roberto A.
- 549-560 Holdups, simple contracts and information acquisition
by Zhu, Tian
July 2000, Volume 42, Issue 3
- 285-304 Bargaining efficiency and screening: an experimental investigation
by Charness, Gary
- 305-322 Homo Economicus and Homo Politicus: interpretation and aggregation of environmental values
by Nyborg, Karine
- 323-346 The choice of cooperative strategies in sealed bid auctions
by Kwasnica, Anthony M.
- 347-373 The evolution of cooperation in Prisoners' Dilemma with an endogenous learning mutant
by Vogt, Carsten
- 375-384 Responsibility and effort in an experimental labor market
by Charness, Gary
- 385-404 Disclosing own subsidies in cooperative research projects
by Gosalbez, Maite Pastor & Diez, Joel Sandonis
- 405-416 Alternating-announcements cheap talk
by Santos, Vasco
- 417-425 Cooperation and between-group competition
by Hausken, Kjell
June 2000, Volume 42, Issue 2
- 145-165 The theory of irrelevance of the size of the firm
by Liu, Pak-Wai & Yang, Xiaokai
- 167-187 Causes of subcontracting: evidence from panel data on construction firms
by Gonzalez-Diaz, Manuel & Arrunada, Benito & Fernandez, Alberto
- 189-206 Transaction costs and contractual incompleteness: the case of Electricite de France
by Saussier, Stephane
- 207-229 An experimental examination of double marginalization and vertical relationships
by Durham, Yvonne
- 231-252 Organizational communication structure and performance
by Visser, Bauke
- 253-263 Managerial reputation and the 'endgame'
by Berck, Peter & Lipow, Jonathan
- 265-277 The moonlighting game: An experimental study on reciprocity and retribution
by Abbink, Klaus & Irlenbusch, Bernd & Renner, Elke
- 279-284 Toward Finance With Meaning, The Methodology of Finance: What it is and What it Can Be (JAI Press, Greenwich, Connecticut, 1996), pp. xx+260, $76 George M. Frankfurter and Elton G. McGoun
by Phillips, H. E.
May 2000, Volume 42, Issue 1
- 1-17 The open constitution and its enemies: competition, rent seeking, and the rise of the modern state
by Volckart, Oliver
- 19-41 Choosing rules to govern the commons: a model with evidence from Mexico
by Dayton-Johnson, Jeff
- 43-74 Privatization and efficiency: differentiating ownership effects from political, organizational, and dynamic effects
by Villalonga, Belen
- 75-96 The role of nonbinding alternative dispute resolution in litigation
by Spurr, Stephen J.
- 97-108 Sequential elections and overlapping terms: voting for US Senate
by Heckelman, Jac C.
- 109-124 Allocation efficiency in a competitive bribery game
by Clark, Derek J. & Riis, Christian
- 125-129 On the evolutionary stability of altruistic and spiteful preferences
by Possajennikov, Alex
- 131-133 Is altruism evolutionarily stable? And envy and malevolence?: Remarks on Bester and Guth
by Bolle, Friedel
- 135-136 A comment on indentured servitude: in response to Kritikos and Bolle -- February 15th, 1998
by Holt, Gerhard
- 137-139 Indenture: a viable contract for a sequential one-shot Prisoners' Dilemma: A reply to Holt
by Kritikos, Alexander S. & Bolle, Friedel
- 141-143 New Theories in Growth and Development: Fabrizio Coricelli, Massimo di Mateo, and Frank Hahn, Macmillan and St. Martin's, London and New York, 1998
by Yotopoulos, Pan A.
April 2000, Volume 41, Issue 4
- 315-335 On the formation of industry lobby groups
by Damania, Richard & Fredriksson, Per G.
- 337-362 Asset specificity, uncertainty and relational norms: an examination of coordination costs in collaborative strategic alliances
by Artz, Kendall W. & Brush, Thomas H.
- 363-383 Merger market dynamics: insights into the behavior of target and bidder firms
by Shelton, Lois M.
- 385-404 Collusion in transport: group effects in a historical perspective
by van Driel, Hugo
- 405-426 An experiment on sequential rent-seeking
by Weimann, Joachim & Yang, Chun-Lei & Vogt, Carsten
March 2000, Volume 41, Issue 3
- 191-209 Teaching children cooperation -- An application of experimental game theory
by Fan, Chinn-Ping
- 211-219 Nicotine addiction and cigarette consumption: a psycho-economic model
by Cameron, Dr. Samuel
- 221-237 Values elicited from open-ended real experiments
by Horowitz, John K. & McConnell, K. E.
- 239-262 The common consequence effect: testing a unified explanation of recent mixed evidence
by Humphrey, Steven J.
- 263-276 A violation of the monotonicity axiom: experimental evidence on the conjunction fallacy
by Zizzo, Daniel John & Stolarz-Fantino, Stephanie & Wen, Julie & Fantino, Edmund
- 277-297 Do non-expected utility choice patterns spring from hazy preferences? An experimental study of choice 'errors'
by Butler, D. J.
- 299-314 Thinking like a game theorist: factors affecting the frequency of equilibrium play
by Croson, Rachel T. A.
February 2000, Volume 41, Issue 2
- 85-99 The competition of user networks: ergodicity, lock-ins, and metastability
by Woeckener, Bernd
- 101-115 Complex dynamics in a cobweb model with adaptive production adjustment
by Onozaki, Tamotsu & Sieg, Gernot & Yokoo, Masanori
- 117-146 Adaptation and convergence of behavior in repeated experimental Cournot games
by Rassenti, Stephen & Reynolds, Stanley S. & Smith, Vernon L. & Szidarovszky, Ferenc
- 147-157 Quantity precommitment in an experimental oligopoly market
by Muren, Astri
- 159-176 The impact of endowment framing on market prices -- an experimental analysis
by Weber, Martin & Keppe, Hans-Jurgen & Meyer-Delius, Gabriela
- 177-190 The contingent nature of the revolution predicted by Marx
by Petith, Howard
January 2000, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 1-1 On markets in economic theory
by Day, R.
- 3-26 The effect of decision costs on the formation of market-making intermediaries: a pilot experiment
by Pingle, Mark
- 27-53 On the emergence of exchange and mediation in a production economy
by Dawid, Herbert
- 55-84 The emergence of economic organization
by Howitt, Peter & Clower, Robert
December 1999, Volume 40, Issue 4
- 337-351 Singleton bias and lexicographic preferences among equally valued alternatives
by Colman, Andrew M. & Stirk, Jonathan A.
- 353-371 Proxy contests and corporate democracy
by Mikami, Kazuhiko
- 373-386 Sentimental fools: a critique of Amartya Sen's notion of commitment
by Khalil, Elias L.
- 387-407 Asynchronized multiperiod commitments and cycles
by Cahuc, Pierre & Kempf, Hubert
- 409-426 A panel data model for subjective information on household income growth
by Das, Marcel & van Soest, Arthur
- 427-442 Efficient moral hazard
by Gifford, Sharon
- 443-456 Exclusive vs. independent agents: a separating equilibrium approach
by Venezia, Itzhak & Galai, Dan & Shapira, Zur
November 1999, Volume 40, Issue 3
- 217-232 Conflict, the sire of exchange: "Violence is the sire of all the world's values." Robinson Jeffers
by Rider, Robert
- 233-254 Evolutionary stability and media of exchange
by Sethi, Rajiv
- 255-274 Some stylized facts on organization and its evolution
by Colombo, Massimo G. & Delmastro, Marco
- 275-294 Do tournaments solve the two-sided moral hazard problem?
by Tsoulouhas, Theofanis
- 295-312 Simultaneous evolution of learning rules and strategies
by Kirchkamp, Oliver
- 313-323 When does cheating on mail-in bids pay? A guide for the dishonest auctioneer
by Deltas, George
- 325-336 Membership in a research consortium: the project selection game
by Aloysius, John A.
October 1999, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 125-153 A coordination model of the sexual division of labor
by Hadfield, Gillian K.
- 155-178 Human capital, true love, and gender roles: is sex destiny?
by Engineer, Merwan & Welling, Linda
- 179-193 On the age at marriage: theory and evidence from Jews and Moslems in Israel
by Danziger, Leif & Neuman, Shoshana
- 195-206 An economic model of cohabitation and divorce
by Waters, Melissa S. & Ressler, Rand W.
September 1999, Volume 40, Issue 1
- 1-15 Economizing in a context of strategizing: governance mode choice in Cournot competition
by Nickerson, Jack A. & Vanden Bergh, Richard
- 17-27 Determinants of management compensation with risk-averse agents and dispersed ownership of the firm
by Kraft, Kornelius & Niederprum, Antonia
- 29-57 Strategic play among family members when making long-term care decisions
by Hiedemann, Bridget & Stern, Steven
- 59-79 Advance production and Cournot outcomes: an experimental investigation
by Davis, Douglas D.
- 81-104 Imitation dynamics in the repeated Prisoners' Dilemma: an exploratory example
by Ruebeck, Christopher S.
- 105-113 Simple play in the Prisoner's Dilemma
by Sarin, Rajiv
July 1999, Volume 39, Issue 4
- 341-369 Collective action as a social exchange
by Gachter, Simon & Fehr, Ernst
- 371-385 Segmented communication and fashionable behavior
by Corneo, Giacomo & Jeanne, Olivier
- 387-397 The economics of favors
by Neilson, William S.
- 399-420 Gift giving with emotions
by Ruffle, Bradley J.
- 421-435 Achieving greater cooperation in a noisy prisoner's dilemma: an experimental investigation
by Sainty, Barbara
- 437-453 A general equilibrium model of crime and punishment
by Fender, John
- 455-458 Non-prisoner's dilemma
by Tullock, Gordon
July 1999, Volume 39, Issue 3
- 235-247 Economic divergence and institutional change: some observations on the convergence literature
by Skott, Peter
- 249-262 Discretionary policy implementation and reform
by Sutter, Daniel
- 263-291 The local variability of rainfall and tribal institutions: the case of Sudan
by Nugent, Jeffrey B. & Sanchez, Nicholas
- 293-325 Contractual structure in agriculture
by Agrawal, Pradeep
- 327-339 Gender differences in the laboratory: evidence from prisoner's dilemma games
by Ortmann, Andreas & Tichy, Lisa K.
June 1999, Volume 39, Issue 2
- 129-158 The vision of Hyman P. Minsky
by Mehrling, Perry
- 159-177 Ideology and the theory of financial economics
by Frankfurter, George M. & McGoun, Elton G.
- 179-200 Are wages habit-forming? evidence from micro data
by Clark, Andrew E.
- 201-217 Efficiency wages and the quality of job matching
by Jellal, Mohamed & Zenou, Yves
- 219-233 How work effort responds to wage taxation: A non-linear versus a linear tax experiment
by Sillamaa, M. A.
May 1999, Volume 39, Issue 1
- 11-28 Alternative logics for decision making in social settings
by Messick, David M.
- 29-40 A message from psychologists to economists: mere predictability doesn't matter like it should (without a good story appended to it)
by Dawes, Robyn M.
- 41-58 Explaining how preferences change across joint versus separate evaluation
by Bazerman, Max H. & Moore, Don A. & Tenbrunsel, Ann E. & Wade-Benzoni, Kimberly A. & Blount, Sally
- 59-82 The econometrics and behavioral economics of escalation of commitment: a re-examination of Staw and Hoang's NBA data
by Camerer, Colin F. & Weber, Roberto A.
- 83-110 Wishes, expectations and actions: a survey on price formation in election stock markets
by Forsythe, Robert & Rietz, Thomas A. & Ross, Thomas W.
- 111-128 The effect of adding a constant to all payoffs: experimental investigation, and implications for reinforcement learning models
by Erev, Ido & Bereby-Meyer, Yoella & Roth, Alvin E.
April 1999, Volume 38, Issue 4
- 365-383 Nirvana efficiency: a comparative test of residual claims and routines
by Knott, Anne Marie & McKelvey, Bill
- 385-402 Fast track: is it in the genes? The promotion policy of a large Japanese firm
by Ariga, Kenn & Ohkusa, Yasushi & Brunello, Giorgio
- 403-419 Paternalistic principals
by Wirl, Franz
- 421-452 Team selection with asymmetric agents
by Sherstyuk, Katerina
- 453-482 Adoption order of new technologies in evolving markets
by Thomas, Louis A.
March 1999, Volume 38, Issue 3
- 253-281 Information Age organizations, dynamics and performance
by Mendelson, Haim & Pillai, Ravindran R.
- 283-309 Institutional environment and the mechanisms of governance: the impact of intellectual property protection on the structure of inter-firm alliances
by Oxley, Joanne E.
- 311-330 Product design partitions with complementary components
by Schaefer, Scott
- 331-347 Entrepreneurial attitudes of primary health care physicians in the United Kingdom
by Whynes, David K. & Ennew, Christine T. & Feighan, Teresa
- 349-356 On the optimum number of library software licenses
by Quandt, Richard E.
- 357-363 Risk-aversion and the uncertainty-investment relationship: a note
by Nakamura, Tamotsu
February 1999, Volume 38, Issue 2
- 135-144 Emotional arousal as a source of bounded rationality
by Kaufman, Bruce E.
- 145-153 Mental accounting and decision making:: The relationship between relative and absolute savings
by Moon, Philip & Keasey, Kevin & Duxbury, Darren
- 155-178 Loss aversion in a consumption-savings model
by Bowman, David & Minehart, Deborah & Rabin, Matthew
- 179-198 Avoiding severe environmental consequences: evidence on the role of loss avoidance and risk attitudes
by Brown, Paul M. & Stewart, Steven
- 199-216 Demand for rent-to-own contracts: a behavioral economic explanation
by Zikmund-Fisher, Brian J. & Parker, Andrew M.
- 217-236 Learning rules of thumb or learning more rational rules
by Slonim, Robert L.
- 237-244 Two-moments decision models and utility-representable preferences
by Bar-Shira, Ziv & Finkelshtain, Israel
- 245-252 Rationalizing hyperbolic discounting
by Azfar, Omar
January 1999, Volume 38, Issue 1
- 1-25 Social relations and cooperation in organizations
by Spagnolo, Giancarlo
- 27-42 A constitutional theory of public goods
by Marmolo, Elisabetta
- 43-57 The sound of silence in prisoner's dilemma and dictator games
by Bohnet, Iris & Frey, Bruno S.
- 59-77 Social learning with case-based decisions
by Blonski, Matthias
- 79-92 Is trust a historical residue? Information flows and trust levels
by Fisman, Raymond & Khanna, Tarun
- 93-111 The evolution of conventions with mobile players
by Dieckmann, Tone
- 113-131 Some play fair, some don't: Reciprocal fairness in a stylized principal-agent problem
by Hoffler, Felix
December 1998, Volume 37, Issue 4
- 391-413 Contractual incompleteness and the optimality of equity joint ventures
by Dasgupta, Sudipto & Tao, Zhigang
- 415-430 An empirical examination of advertising as a signal of product quality
by Thomas, Louis & Shane, Scott & Weigelt, Keith
- 431-442 Organizational practices and employee performance: the case of the Canadian primary textile industry
by Patibandla, Murali & Chandra, Pankaj
- 443-462 An experimental analysis of subgame perfect play: the entry deterrence game
by Mason, Charles F. & Nowell, Cliff
- 463-480 Equilibrium structures in vertical oligopoly
by Abiru, Masahiro & Nahata, Babu & Raychaudhuri, Subhashis & Waterson, Michael
- 481-507 Annual bonuses, employment and productivity change in Taiwan's manufacturing sector
by Morton, Peter J.
November 1998, Volume 37, Issue 3
- 257-276 Investor behavior and the persistence of poorly-performing mutual funds
by Harless, David W. & Peterson, Steven P.
- 277-290 AUSI expected utility: An anticipated utility theory of relative disappointment aversion
by Grant, Simon & Kajii, Atsushi
- 291-304 The ratchet principle in a principal agent game with unknown costs: an experimental analysis
by Chaudhuri, Ananish
- 305-314 Social context and the utility of wealth: Addressing the Markowitz challenge
by Coelho, Philip R. P. & McClure, James E.
- 315-331 An experimental test of the crowding out hypothesis: The nature of beneficent behavior
by Bolton, Gary E. & Katok, Elena
- 333-347 Overreaction and underreaction in analysts' forecasts
by Amir, Eli & Ganzach, Yoav
- 349-356 Transparency preference and economic behavior
by Andersson, Fredrik & Holm, Hakan J.
- 357-371 Information dissemination and the distribution of wealth: Evidence from experimental asset markets
by Ackert, Lucy F. & Church, Bryan K.
- 373-383 Is more always better?: A survey on positional concerns
by J. Solnick, Sara & Hemenway, David
October 1998, Volume 37, Issue 2
- 129-149 No-fault divorce in Canada: Its cause and effect
by Allen, Douglas W.
- 151-168 Gender differences in the long-term economic consequences of parental divorce
by Phelps, Charlotte D.
- 169-181 Celestial marriage and earthly rents: Interests and the prohibition of polygamy
by Anderson, Gary M. & Tollison, Robert D.
- 183-192 Choosing between a socially efficient and free-riding equilibrium: Nurses versus economics and business students
by Bram Cadsby, Charles & Maynes, Elizabeth
- 193-205 Calibration of the difference between actual and hypothetical valuations in a field experiment
by List, John A. & Shogren, Jason F.
- 207-230 Moral hazard and renegotiation in multi-agent incentive contracts when each agent makes a renegotiation offer
by Osano, Hiroshi
- 231-248 Time horizon and equilibrium selection in tacit coordination games: Experimental results
by Berninghaus, Siegfried K. & Ehrhart, Karl-Martin
September 1998, Volume 37, Issue 1
- 1-31 The vintage economist
by Velupillai, K. Vela
- 33-51 Is step-j thinking an arbitrary modelling restriction or a fact of human nature?
by Stahl, Dale O.
- 53-70 Returns to human capital under uncertain reform: Good guys finish last
by Alexeev, Michael & Kaganovich, Michael
- 71-90 Pattern recognition and procedurally rational expectations
by Rotheli, Tobias F.
- 91-105 Sophistication and the persistence of cooperation
by Amann, Erwin & Yang, Chun-Lei
- 107-127 Overexploitation of renewable resources: The role of misperceptions
by Moxnes, Erling
September 1998, Volume 36, Issue 4
- 411-431 Does empowerment lead to higher quality and profitability?
by Gal-Or, Esther & Amit, Raphael
- 433-446 Discrimination and job-uncertainty
by Frijters, P.
- 447-471 Are employment and managerial control equivalent? Evidence from an electronics producer
by James Jr., Harvey S.
- 473-485 Minimum wage laws: what does an employment increase imply about output and welfare?
by Carter, Thomas J.
- 487-501 The effect on firm output after its acquisition by a pure conglomerate
by Mantell, Edmund H.
- 503-520 Technology policy and the organization of R&D
by Stenbacka, Rune & Tombak, Mihkel M.
- 521-534 Quality and structure of organizational decision-making
by Ben-Yashar, Ruth & Nitzan, Shmuel
August 1998, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 275-294 Information processing and organizational structure
by DeCanio, Stephen J. & Watkins, William E.
- 295-317 The value of information in internal management communication
by Alles, Michael & Newman, Paul & Noel, James
- 319-329 Transaction costs, corporate hierarchies, and the theory of franchising
by O. Brown Jr., William
- 331-346 Efficiency in partnership structures
by Sherstyuk, Katerina
- 347-367 Managerial incentives and the structure of management buyouts
by Elitzur, Ramy & Halpern, Paul & Kieschnick, Robert & Rotenberg, Wendy
- 369-381 Transaction costs, regulation, and subcontracting at nuclear power plants
by Jensen, J. Bradford & Rothwell, Geoffrey S.
- 383-409 The impact of firm-specific assets and the interaction of uncertainty: an examination of make or buy decisions in public and private hospitals
by W. Coles, Jerilyn & Hesterly, William S.
August 1998, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 141-161 Learning to play Cournot duopoly strategies
by Cox, James C. & Walker, Mark
- 163-175 Demand revelation and tatonnement auctions
by Joyce, Patrick
- 177-195 A model of pricing behavior: An econometric case study
by van Dalen, Jan & Thurik, Roy