Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization
September 1999, Volume 40, Issue 1
- 59-79 Advance production and Cournot outcomes: an experimental investigation
by Davis, Douglas D.
- 81-104 Imitation dynamics in the repeated Prisoners' Dilemma: an exploratory example
by Ruebeck, Christopher S.
- 105-113 Simple play in the Prisoner's Dilemma
by Sarin, Rajiv
July 1999, Volume 39, Issue 4
- 341-369 Collective action as a social exchange
by Gachter, Simon & Fehr, Ernst
- 371-385 Segmented communication and fashionable behavior
by Corneo, Giacomo & Jeanne, Olivier
- 387-397 The economics of favors
by Neilson, William S.
- 399-420 Gift giving with emotions
by Ruffle, Bradley J.
- 421-435 Achieving greater cooperation in a noisy prisoner's dilemma: an experimental investigation
by Sainty, Barbara
- 437-453 A general equilibrium model of crime and punishment
by Fender, John
- 455-458 Non-prisoner's dilemma
by Tullock, Gordon
July 1999, Volume 39, Issue 3
- 235-247 Economic divergence and institutional change: some observations on the convergence literature
by Skott, Peter
- 249-262 Discretionary policy implementation and reform
by Sutter, Daniel
- 263-291 The local variability of rainfall and tribal institutions: the case of Sudan
by Nugent, Jeffrey B. & Sanchez, Nicholas
- 293-325 Contractual structure in agriculture
by Agrawal, Pradeep
- 327-339 Gender differences in the laboratory: evidence from prisoner's dilemma games
by Ortmann, Andreas & Tichy, Lisa K.
June 1999, Volume 39, Issue 2
- 129-158 The vision of Hyman P. Minsky
by Mehrling, Perry
- 159-177 Ideology and the theory of financial economics
by Frankfurter, George M. & McGoun, Elton G.
- 179-200 Are wages habit-forming? evidence from micro data
by Clark, Andrew E.
- 201-217 Efficiency wages and the quality of job matching
by Jellal, Mohamed & Zenou, Yves
- 219-233 How work effort responds to wage taxation: A non-linear versus a linear tax experiment
by Sillamaa, M. A.
May 1999, Volume 39, Issue 1
- 11-28 Alternative logics for decision making in social settings
by Messick, David M.
- 29-40 A message from psychologists to economists: mere predictability doesn't matter like it should (without a good story appended to it)
by Dawes, Robyn M.
- 41-58 Explaining how preferences change across joint versus separate evaluation
by Bazerman, Max H. & Moore, Don A. & Tenbrunsel, Ann E. & Wade-Benzoni, Kimberly A. & Blount, Sally
- 59-82 The econometrics and behavioral economics of escalation of commitment: a re-examination of Staw and Hoang's NBA data
by Camerer, Colin F. & Weber, Roberto A.
- 83-110 Wishes, expectations and actions: a survey on price formation in election stock markets
by Forsythe, Robert & Rietz, Thomas A. & Ross, Thomas W.
- 111-128 The effect of adding a constant to all payoffs: experimental investigation, and implications for reinforcement learning models
by Erev, Ido & Bereby-Meyer, Yoella & Roth, Alvin E.
April 1999, Volume 38, Issue 4
- 365-383 Nirvana efficiency: a comparative test of residual claims and routines
by Knott, Anne Marie & McKelvey, Bill
- 385-402 Fast track: is it in the genes? The promotion policy of a large Japanese firm
by Ariga, Kenn & Ohkusa, Yasushi & Brunello, Giorgio
- 403-419 Paternalistic principals
by Wirl, Franz
- 421-452 Team selection with asymmetric agents
by Sherstyuk, Katerina
- 453-482 Adoption order of new technologies in evolving markets
by Thomas, Louis A.
March 1999, Volume 38, Issue 3
- 253-281 Information Age organizations, dynamics and performance
by Mendelson, Haim & Pillai, Ravindran R.
- 283-309 Institutional environment and the mechanisms of governance: the impact of intellectual property protection on the structure of inter-firm alliances
by Oxley, Joanne E.
- 311-330 Product design partitions with complementary components
by Schaefer, Scott
- 331-347 Entrepreneurial attitudes of primary health care physicians in the United Kingdom
by Whynes, David K. & Ennew, Christine T. & Feighan, Teresa
- 349-356 On the optimum number of library software licenses
by Quandt, Richard E.
- 357-363 Risk-aversion and the uncertainty-investment relationship: a note
by Nakamura, Tamotsu
February 1999, Volume 38, Issue 2
- 135-144 Emotional arousal as a source of bounded rationality
by Kaufman, Bruce E.
- 145-153 Mental accounting and decision making:: The relationship between relative and absolute savings
by Moon, Philip & Keasey, Kevin & Duxbury, Darren
- 155-178 Loss aversion in a consumption-savings model
by Bowman, David & Minehart, Deborah & Rabin, Matthew
- 179-198 Avoiding severe environmental consequences: evidence on the role of loss avoidance and risk attitudes
by Brown, Paul M. & Stewart, Steven
- 199-216 Demand for rent-to-own contracts: a behavioral economic explanation
by Zikmund-Fisher, Brian J. & Parker, Andrew M.
- 217-236 Learning rules of thumb or learning more rational rules
by Slonim, Robert L.
- 237-244 Two-moments decision models and utility-representable preferences
by Bar-Shira, Ziv & Finkelshtain, Israel
- 245-252 Rationalizing hyperbolic discounting
by Azfar, Omar
January 1999, Volume 38, Issue 1
- 1-25 Social relations and cooperation in organizations
by Spagnolo, Giancarlo
- 27-42 A constitutional theory of public goods
by Marmolo, Elisabetta
- 43-57 The sound of silence in prisoner's dilemma and dictator games
by Bohnet, Iris & Frey, Bruno S.
- 59-77 Social learning with case-based decisions
by Blonski, Matthias
- 79-92 Is trust a historical residue? Information flows and trust levels
by Fisman, Raymond & Khanna, Tarun
- 93-111 The evolution of conventions with mobile players
by Dieckmann, Tone
- 113-131 Some play fair, some don't: Reciprocal fairness in a stylized principal-agent problem
by Hoffler, Felix
December 1998, Volume 37, Issue 4
- 391-413 Contractual incompleteness and the optimality of equity joint ventures
by Dasgupta, Sudipto & Tao, Zhigang
- 415-430 An empirical examination of advertising as a signal of product quality
by Thomas, Louis & Shane, Scott & Weigelt, Keith
- 431-442 Organizational practices and employee performance: the case of the Canadian primary textile industry
by Patibandla, Murali & Chandra, Pankaj
- 443-462 An experimental analysis of subgame perfect play: the entry deterrence game
by Mason, Charles F. & Nowell, Cliff
- 463-480 Equilibrium structures in vertical oligopoly
by Abiru, Masahiro & Nahata, Babu & Raychaudhuri, Subhashis & Waterson, Michael
- 481-507 Annual bonuses, employment and productivity change in Taiwan's manufacturing sector
by Morton, Peter J.
November 1998, Volume 37, Issue 3
- 257-276 Investor behavior and the persistence of poorly-performing mutual funds
by Harless, David W. & Peterson, Steven P.
- 277-290 AUSI expected utility: An anticipated utility theory of relative disappointment aversion
by Grant, Simon & Kajii, Atsushi
- 291-304 The ratchet principle in a principal agent game with unknown costs: an experimental analysis
by Chaudhuri, Ananish
- 305-314 Social context and the utility of wealth: Addressing the Markowitz challenge
by Coelho, Philip R. P. & McClure, James E.
- 315-331 An experimental test of the crowding out hypothesis: The nature of beneficent behavior
by Bolton, Gary E. & Katok, Elena
- 333-347 Overreaction and underreaction in analysts' forecasts
by Amir, Eli & Ganzach, Yoav
- 349-356 Transparency preference and economic behavior
by Andersson, Fredrik & Holm, Hakan J.
- 357-371 Information dissemination and the distribution of wealth: Evidence from experimental asset markets
by Ackert, Lucy F. & Church, Bryan K.
- 373-383 Is more always better?: A survey on positional concerns
by J. Solnick, Sara & Hemenway, David
October 1998, Volume 37, Issue 2
- 129-149 No-fault divorce in Canada: Its cause and effect
by Allen, Douglas W.
- 151-168 Gender differences in the long-term economic consequences of parental divorce
by Phelps, Charlotte D.
- 169-181 Celestial marriage and earthly rents: Interests and the prohibition of polygamy
by Anderson, Gary M. & Tollison, Robert D.
- 183-192 Choosing between a socially efficient and free-riding equilibrium: Nurses versus economics and business students
by Bram Cadsby, Charles & Maynes, Elizabeth
- 193-205 Calibration of the difference between actual and hypothetical valuations in a field experiment
by List, John A. & Shogren, Jason F.
- 207-230 Moral hazard and renegotiation in multi-agent incentive contracts when each agent makes a renegotiation offer
by Osano, Hiroshi
- 231-248 Time horizon and equilibrium selection in tacit coordination games: Experimental results
by Berninghaus, Siegfried K. & Ehrhart, Karl-Martin
September 1998, Volume 37, Issue 1
- 1-31 The vintage economist
by Velupillai, K. Vela
- 33-51 Is step-j thinking an arbitrary modelling restriction or a fact of human nature?
by Stahl, Dale O.
- 53-70 Returns to human capital under uncertain reform: Good guys finish last
by Alexeev, Michael & Kaganovich, Michael
- 71-90 Pattern recognition and procedurally rational expectations
by Rotheli, Tobias F.
- 91-105 Sophistication and the persistence of cooperation
by Amann, Erwin & Yang, Chun-Lei
- 107-127 Overexploitation of renewable resources: The role of misperceptions
by Moxnes, Erling
September 1998, Volume 36, Issue 4
- 411-431 Does empowerment lead to higher quality and profitability?
by Gal-Or, Esther & Amit, Raphael
- 433-446 Discrimination and job-uncertainty
by Frijters, P.
- 447-471 Are employment and managerial control equivalent? Evidence from an electronics producer
by James Jr., Harvey S.
- 473-485 Minimum wage laws: what does an employment increase imply about output and welfare?
by Carter, Thomas J.
- 487-501 The effect on firm output after its acquisition by a pure conglomerate
by Mantell, Edmund H.
- 503-520 Technology policy and the organization of R&D
by Stenbacka, Rune & Tombak, Mihkel M.
- 521-534 Quality and structure of organizational decision-making
by Ben-Yashar, Ruth & Nitzan, Shmuel
August 1998, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 275-294 Information processing and organizational structure
by DeCanio, Stephen J. & Watkins, William E.
- 295-317 The value of information in internal management communication
by Alles, Michael & Newman, Paul & Noel, James
- 319-329 Transaction costs, corporate hierarchies, and the theory of franchising
by O. Brown Jr., William
- 331-346 Efficiency in partnership structures
by Sherstyuk, Katerina
- 347-367 Managerial incentives and the structure of management buyouts
by Elitzur, Ramy & Halpern, Paul & Kieschnick, Robert & Rotenberg, Wendy
- 369-381 Transaction costs, regulation, and subcontracting at nuclear power plants
by Jensen, J. Bradford & Rothwell, Geoffrey S.
- 383-409 The impact of firm-specific assets and the interaction of uncertainty: an examination of make or buy decisions in public and private hospitals
by W. Coles, Jerilyn & Hesterly, William S.
August 1998, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 141-161 Learning to play Cournot duopoly strategies
by Cox, James C. & Walker, Mark
- 163-175 Demand revelation and tatonnement auctions
by Joyce, Patrick
- 177-195 A model of pricing behavior: An econometric case study
by van Dalen, Jan & Thurik, Roy
- 197-220 Sunk costs and cartel formation: Theory and application to the dyestuff industry
by Schmitt, Nicolas & Weder, Rolf
- 221-233 The effect of transaction costs on double auction markets
by Noussair, Charles & Robin, Stephane & Ruffieux, Bernard
- 235-255 Unstable bandwagon and habit effects on labor supply
by Vendrik, Maarten C. M.
- 257-274 Self-employment, pay systems, and the theory of the firm: An empirical analysis
by Garen, John
July 1998, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-17 A fuzzy design of the willingness to invest in Sweden
by Lindstrom, Tomas
- 19-37 Age structure and inflation - a Wicksellian interpretation of the OECD data
by Lindh, Thomas & Malmberg, Bo
- 39-57 The linear quadratic inventory model as a micro foundation for Keynesian theories of the business cycle
by Naish, Howard F.
- 59-83 Are assets fungible?: Testing the behavioral theory of life-cycle savings
by Levin, Laurence
- 85-108 The evolution of human capital in an interacting agent economy
by Bala, Venkatesh & Sorger, Gerhard
- 109-126 Keeping one step ahead of the Joneses: Status, the distribution of wealth, and long run growth
by Futagami, Koichi & Shibata, Akihisa
- 127-138 Sunspot equilibria and periodic cycles under idiosyncratic uncertainty
by Fukuda, Shin-ichi
May 1998, Volume 35, Issue 4
- 405-425 Separating economic from political influences on government decisions
by Crone, Lisa & Tschirhart, John
- 427-454 Privatizing the intellectual commons: Universities and the commercialization of biotechnology
by Argyres, Nicholas S. & Liebeskind, Julia Porter
- 455-464 Institutional framing: Some experimental evidence
by Elliott, Catherine S. & Hayward, Donald M. & Canon, Sebastian
- 465-475 Political influence over Supreme Court criminal procedure cases
by Caporale, Tony & Winter, Harold
- 477-499 Stigler-Olson lobbying behavior in protectionist industries: Evidence from the lobbying power function
by Gawande, Kishore
- 501-515 Paired comparison estimates of willingness to accept versus contingent valuation estimates of willingness to pay
by Loomis, John & Peterson, George & Champ, Patricia & Brown, Thomas & Lucero, Beatrice
- 517-533 The voluntary contributions mechanism with uncertain group payoffs
by Dickinson, David L.
April 1998, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 263-280 A comparison of learning and replicator dynamics using experimental data
by Cheung, Yin-Wong & Friedman, Daniel
- 281-308 Navigating a nonlinear environment: An experimental study of decision making in a chaotic setting
by Richards, Diana & Hays, Jude C.
- 309-332 Strategies of search
by Sonnemans, Joep
- 333-355 Oligopoly experimentation of learning with simulated markets
by Garcia Gallego, Aurora
- 357-369 Skill, complexity and strategic behavior
by Lambson, Val Eugene
- 371-388 Menu costs and nominal price friction: An experimental examination
by Wilson, Bart J.
- 389-403 Some consequences of e-mail vs. face-to-face communication in experiment
by Frohlich, Norman & Oppenheimer, Joe
April 1998, Volume 35, Issue 2
- 139-160 The organisation of capabilities
by Loasby, Brian J.
- 161-177 Imagination and leadership - The neglected dimension of an evolutionary theory of the firm
by Witt, Ulrich
- 179-201 Competence and contract in the theory of the firm
by Hodgson, Geoffrey M.
- 203-225 Cooperative agreements and the theory of the firm: Focusing on barriers to change
by Sachwald, Frederique
- 229-242 Exploiting innovation options: an empirical analysis of R& D-intensive firms
by Mang, Paul Y.
- 243-262 Is firm size conducive to R&D choice? A strategic analysis of product and process innovations
by Yin, Xiangkang & Zuscovitch, Ehud
March 1998, Volume 35, Issue 1
- 1-23 The optimal financing strategy of a high-tech firm: The role of warrants
by Bagella, Michele & Becchetti, Leonardo
- 25-37 Financial innovation and bank risk taking
by Santomero, Anthony M. & Trester, Jeffrey J.
- 39-59 High-tech firms and credit rationing
by Guiso, Luigi
- 61-82 Productivity and financial sector policies: Evidence from South East Asia
by Demetriades, Panicos O. & P. Devereux, Michael & Luintel, Kul B.
- 85-94 The impact of monetary regime changes: Some exchange rate evidence
by Caporale, Tony
- 95-115 The coexistence of distribution systems under price search: Theory and some evidence from insurance
by Posey, Lisa L. & Tennyson, Sharon
- 117-131 Information concealment in the theory of vertical integration
by Choi, Jay Pil
March 1998, Volume 34, Issue 4
- 517-539 An experimental solidarity game
by Selten, Reinhard & Ockenfels, Axel
- 541-557 Fairness preferences and optimization skills: are they substitutes?: An experimental investigation
by Clark, Jeremy
- 559-575 Learning by experience and learning by imitating successful others
by Offerman, Theo & Sonnemans, Joep
- 577-601 Decisiveness, attitude expression and symbolic responses in contingent valuation surveys
by Blamey, Russell K.
- 603-620 Gender and free riding in a threshold public goods game: Experimental evidence
by Bram Cadsby, C. & Maynes, Elizabeth
March 1998, Volume 34, Issue 3
- 349-385 Regulation of the employment relationship: The 'old' institutional perspective
by Kaufman, Bruce E.
- 387-417 Determinants of trust in supplier relations: Evidence from the automotive industry in Japan and the United States
by Sako, Mari & Helper, Susan
- 419-434 Structure, organizational behavior, and technical efficiency: The case of an Indian industry
by Patibandla, Murali
- 435-443 Contestability reconsidered: The meaning of market exit costs
by Paech, Niko P.
- 445-457 The market value of rarity
by Koford, Kenneth & Tschoegl, Adrian E.
- 459-475 Collusion in a three-tier hierarchy: Credible beliefs and pure self-interest
by Frascatore, Mark R.
- 477-488 Spatial competition with intermediated matching
by van Raalte, Chris & Webers, Harry
- 489-498 Do managers work harder in competitive industries?
by Graziano, Clara & Parigi, Bruno M.
- 499-503 An hypothesis regarding pricing of black-market goods
by Zuesse, Eric
February 1998, Volume 34, Issue 2
- 193-209 Is altruism evolutionarily stable?
by Bester, Helmut & Guth, Werner
- 211-238 'A matter of trust':: Effects of communication on the efficiency and distribution of outcomes
by Valley, Kathleen L. & Moag, Joseph & Bazerman, Max H.
- 239-249 Precedent transfer in experimental conflict-of-interest games
by Knez, Marc
- 251-262 On the limits to the growth of coalitions by means of transfers
by Rothschild, R.
- 263-278 A Stackelberg model of Social Security acceptance decisions in dual career households
by Hiedemann, Bridget
- 279-294 Indenturing banknotes as a mechanism to induce cooperation in conflict games
by Kritikos, Alexander S. & Bolle, Friedel
- 295-311 The design of payment systems for physicians under global budget - an experimental study
by Fan, Chinn-Ping & Chen, Kong-Pin & Kan, Kamhon
- 313-325 The limitations of the positional order effect: Can it support silent threats and non-equilibrium behavior?
by Guth, Werner & Huck, Steffen & Rapoport, Amnon
- 327-340 Contract design and costly verification games
by Choe, Chongwoo
January 1998, Volume 34, Issue 1
- 1-47 Land relations under unbearable stress: Rwanda caught in the Malthusian trap
by Andre, Catherine & Platteau, Jean-Philippe
- 49-68 From plan to markets
by Eliasson, Gunnar
- 69-85 A theoretical model of government research and growth
by Park, Walter G.
- 87-100 Employer sanctions on hiring illegal labor: An experimental analysis of firm compliance
by Pagan, Jose A.
- 101-127 Student enrollment and faculty renewal: The response of a tenure-based university system to demographic and budgetary shocks
by Denton, Frank T. & Feaver, Christine H. & Spencer, Byron G.
- 129-142 Constitutions and the growth of government
by Sutter, Daniel
- 143-161 Public good provision and public bad prevention: The effect of framing
by Sonnemans, Joep & Schram, Arthur & Offerman, Theo
- 163-172 On controlling crime with corrupt officials
by Marjit, Sugata & Shi, Heling
- 173-187 Bureaucratic behavior modeled by reduced-rank regression: The case of expenditures from the Soviet state budget
by Burkett, John P.
- 189-192 Paternalism and the credbility problem in a centrally planned economy
by Gekker, Ruvin
January 1998, Volume 33, Issue 3-4
- 313-332 Stabilizing chaos in a dynamic macroeconomic model
by Kaas, Leo
- 333-362 On the consistency of backward-looking expectations: The case of the cobweb
by Hommes, Cars H.
- 363-383 Imperfect foresight and chaos: an example of a self-fulfilling mistake
by Sorger, Gerhard
- 385-394 The chaotic duopolists revisited
by Puu, T.
- 395-410 Stability and complex dynamics in a discrete tatonnement model
by Goeree, Jacob K. & Hommes, Cars & Weddepohl, Claus
- 411-420 A note on controlling a chaotic tatonnement
by Bala, Venkatesh & Majumdar, Mukul & Mitra, Tapan
- 421-434 On the relationship between discounting and complicated behavior in dynamic optimization models
by Mitra, Tapan
- 435-447 Periodic and chaotic programs of intertemporal optimization models with non-concave net benefit function
by Kopel, M. & Dawid, H. & Feichtinger, G.
- 449-466 Thompson metric, contraction property and differentiability of policy functions
by Montrucchio, Luigi
- 467-479 The role of capital depreciation in multi-sectoral models
by Baierla, Gary & Nishimura, Kazuo & Yano, Makoto
- 481-492 Non-linear structure of a Metzlerian inventory cycle model
by Matsumoto, Akio
- 493-505 Is the monopolist the friend of the conservationist? Two remarks on the Hotelling-Solow paradox
by Katayama, Seiichi & Abe, Fumio
- 507-520 A dynamic equilibrium model of durable goods monopoly
by Shimomura, Koji
- 521-542 Indeterminacy and endogenous fluctuations in two-sector growth models with externalities
by Venditti, Alain
- 543-555 Transitional dynamics of economic integration and endogenous growth
by Takahashi, Harutaka & Sakagami, Tomoya
- 557-566 Some results on the Markov equilibria of a class of homogeneous differential games
by Van Long, Ngo & Shimomura, Koji
January 1998, Volume 33, Issue 2
- 143-165 The socio-economic dynamics of speculative markets: interacting agents, chaos, and the fat tails of return distributions
by Lux, Thomas
- 167-184 The disposition effect in securities trading: an experimental analysis
by Weber, Martin & Camerer, Colin F.
- 185-193 Tests of market outcomes with asymmetric valuations of gains and losses: Smaller gains, fewer trades, and less value
by Borges, Bernhard F. J. & Knetsch, Jack L.
- 195-205 Social network utility and the economics of risk: the case of HIV
by Bell, David C. & Richard, Alan J. & Montoya, Isaac D. & Elwood, William N. & Goush, Soumen N. & Matta, Benjamin N.
- 207-225 Perceiving and managing business risks: differences between entrepreneurs and bankers
by Sarasvathy, D. K. & Simon, Herbert A. & Lave, Lester
- 227-240 Personality attributes and optimal hierarchical compensation gradients
by Chiang, Shin-Hwan & Gort, Michael
- 241-257 Product risk sharing by warranties in a monopoly market with risk-averse consumers
by Boom, Anette
- 259-269 Experimental evidence on the importance of competing for profits on forecasting accuracy
by Brown, Paul M.
- 271-283 The meeting place problem: Salience and search
by Grant, Simon & Quiggin, John
- 285-302 Testing risk aversion and nonexpected utility theories
by Loehman, Edna
- 303-307 Heterodox Economic Theories: True or False? : Fred Moseley, Ed., (Edward Elgar, Aldershot, UK, 1995) pp. 136+subject and name indices
by Devine, James
- 307-309 Information Space : by Max H. Boisot, (Routledge, London and New York, 1995) pp. xiii+550. ISBN 0-415-11490-X
by Guastello, Stephen J.
- 309-311 Private Truths, Public Lies: The Social Consequences of Preference Falsification : Timur Kuran, (Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA, 1995)
by Rasmusen, Eric
May 1997, Volume 33, Issue 1
- 1-22 Some empirical evidence on property rights of first peoples
by Anderson, C. Leigh & Swimmer, Eugene
- 23-39 Credible threats in extortion
by Konrad, Kai A. & Skaperdas, Stergios
- 41-59 Efficiency wages, managerial discretion, and the fear of bankruptcy
by Gaston, Noel