Journal of International Economics
April 2000, Volume 50, Issue 2
- 497-517 Trade liberalisation and endogenous growth: A q-theory approach
by Baldwin, Richard E. & Forslid, Rikard
- 519-545 Growth gains from trade and education
by Kim, Se-Jik & Kim, Yong Jin
February 2000, Volume 50, Issue 1
- 3-15 The Journal of International Economics at Fifty: A Retrospective1
by Feenstra, Robert C. & Rose, Andrew K.
- 51-71 Technology, trade and factor prices
by Krugman, Paul R.
- 117-153 New directions for stochastic open economy models
by Obstfeld, Maurice & Rogoff, Kenneth
- 155-183 Open-economy inflation targeting
by Svensson, Lars E. O.
- 185-213 Oil prices and the terms of trade
by Backus, David K. & Crucini, Mario J.
- 215-244 Exchange rate dynamics in a model of pricing-to-market
by Betts, Caroline & Devereux, Michael B.
- 245-268 Self-fulfilling risk predictions:: an application to speculative attacks
by Flood, Robert P. & Marion, Nancy P.
December 1999, Volume 49, Issue 2
- 211-244 Welfare costs of the U.S. antidumping and countervailing duty laws
by Gallaway, Michael P. & Blonigen, Bruce A. & Flynn, Joseph E.
- 245-267 Sterilised central bank intervention in the foreign exchange market
by Vitale, Paolo
- 269-288 Monetary shocks and real exchange rates
by Rogers, John H.
- 289-308 Endogenous trade policy under foreign direct investment
by Konishi, Hideo & Saggi, Kamal & Weber, Shlomo
- 309-332 FDI policies under shared factor markets
by Glass, Amy Jocelyn & Saggi, Kamal
- 333-361 Adjustment costs and gradual trade liberalization
by Furusawa, Taiji & Lai, Edwin L. -C.
- 363-384 Habits, costly investment, and current account dynamics
by Ikeda, Shinsuke & Gombi, Ichiro
- 385-401 Illegal immigration in an efficiency wage model
by Carter, Thomas J.
- 403-412 The gains from duty free zones
by Facchini, Giovanni & Willmann, Gerald
- 419-419 Erratum to ''measuring noise in exchange rate models'' [Journal of International Economics 48 (1998) 255-270]
by Konuki, Testuya
October 1999, Volume 49, Issue 1
- 1-29 Soft exchange rate bands and speculative attacks: theory, and evidence from the ERM since August 1993
by Bartolini, Leonardo & Prati, Alessandro
- 31-50 Transparency, reputation, and credibility under floating and pegged exchange rates
by Herrendorf, Berthold
- 51-76 Tariff policy for a monopolist in a signaling game
by Kolev, Dobrin R. & Prusa, Thomas J.
- 77-97 International R&D rivalry and export market shares of unionized industries: Some evidence from the US manufacturing sector
by Nair-Reichert, Usha & Pomery, John
- 99-123 Optimal export policy in the presence of informational barriers to entry and imperfect competition
by Raff, Horst & Kim, Young-Han
- 125-143 Technical trading rule profitability and foreign exchange intervention
by LeBaron, Blake
- 145-170 Transaction costs and international portfolio diversification
by Rowland, Patrick F.
- 171-193 Budget deficit persistence and the twin deficits hypothesis
by Normandin, Michel
- 195-210 Trade liberalization and factor price convergence
by Falvey, Rod
August 1999, Volume 48, Issue 2
- 199-232 Rent-shifting export subsidies with an imported intermediate product
by Ishikawa, Jota & Spencer, Barbara J.
- 233-253 European asymmetries
by Ballabriga, Fernando & Sebastian, Miguel & Valles, Javier
- 255-270 Measuring noise in exchange rate models1
by Konuki, Testuya
- 271-299 Trade and search generated unemployment
by Davidson, Carl & Martin, Lawrence & Matusz, Steven
- 301-320 Economic geography and the department of vertical multinational production
by Gao, Ting
- 321-345 The negotiation of sustainable tariffs
by Furusawa, Taiji
- 347-365 Trade in capital goods and the volatility of net exports and the terms of trade
by Boileau, Martin
- 367-385 Sources of international business fluctuations: Country-specific shocks or worldwide shocks?
by Kwark, Noh-Sun
- 387-412 Do monetary policy shocks matter in the G-7 countries? Using common identifying assumptions about monetary policy across countries
by Kim, Soyoung
- 413-420 The three faces of factor intensities
by Jones, Ronald W. & Beladi, Hamid & Marjit, Sugata
June 1999, Volume 48, Issue 1
- 1-1 Symposium on business and social networks in international trade
by Feenstra, Robert C. & Rauch, James E.
- 7-35 Networks versus markets in international trade
by Rauch, James E.
- 37-70 International trade and industrial upgrading in the apparel commodity chain
by Gereffi, Gary
- 71-100 Business groups and product variety in trade: evidence from South Korea, Taiwan and Japan
by Feenstra, Robert C. & Yang, Tzu-Han & Hamilton, Gary G.
- 101-120 Trading companies in Taiwan's fashion shoe networks
by Hsing, You-tien
- 121-138 Supplier relations and the market context: A theory of handshakes
by McLaren, John
- 139-150 From ascribed to earned trust in exporting clusters
by Schmitz, Hubert
- 151-177 Are weak patent rights a barrier to U.S. exports?
by Smith, Pamela J.
- 179-198 Trade, development and converging growth rates: Dynamic gains from trade reconsidered
by Eicher, Theo S.
April 1999, Volume 47, Issue 2
- 245-266 Relative labor productivity and the real exchange rate in the long run: evidence for a panel of OECD countries
by Canzoneri, Matthew B. & Cumby, Robert E. & Diba, Behzad
- 267-293 Estimation of cross-country differences in industry production functions
by Harrigan, James
- 295-320 Rationalization effects of tariff reductions
by Head, Keith & Ries, John
- 321-344 Employment responses to international liberalization in Chile
by Levinsohn, James
- 345-370 Lobbying and international cooperation in tariff setting
by Levy, Philip I.
- 371-398 Optimal trade liberalization and the welfare costs of imperfect credibility
by Buffie, Edward F.
- 399-428 R&D spillovers and global growth
by Bayoumi, Tamim & Coe, David T. & Helpman, Elhanan
- 429-447 Revisiting the cost of protectionism:: The role of tax distortions in the labor market
by Williams III, Roberton C.
- 449-456 The lens condition for factor price equalization
by Demiroglu, Ufuk & Koo Yun, Kwan
February 1999, Volume 47, Issue 1
- 1-25 Exceptional exporter performance: cause, effect, or both?
by Bernard, Andrew B. & Bradford Jensen, J.
- 27-60 Measuring the intensity of competition in export markets
by Goldberg, Pinelopi Koujianou & Knetter, Michael M.
- 61-89 Does foreign innovation affect domestic wage inequality?
by Butler, Alison & Dueker, Michael
- 91-107 Linear, non-linear and essential foreign exchange rate prediction with simple technical trading rules
by Gencay, Ramazan
- 109-135 How big are potential welfare gains from international risksharing?
by van Wincoop, Eric
- 137-168 Trade, spatial separation, and the environment
by Copeland, Brian R. & Taylor, M. Scott
- 169-189 Infrastructure, transport costs and trade
by Bougheas, Spiros & Demetriades, Panicos O. & Morgenroth, Edgar L. W.
- 191-222 The dynamic effects of contingent tariffs
by Dinopoulos, Elias & Segerstrom, Paul
- 225-244 Intra-industry trade and strategic interaction: Theory and evidence
by Bernhofen, Daniel M.
December 1998, Volume 46, Issue 2
- 183-203 Multinational firms and the new trade theory
by Markusen, James R. & Venables, Anthony J.
- 205-227 Endogenous protection, foreign direct investment and protection-building trade
by Blonigen, Bruce A. & Ohno, Yuka
- 229-251 North-South customs unions and international capital mobility
by Fernandez-Arias, Eduardo & Spiegel, Mark M.
- 253-279 On strategic vertical foreign investment
by Roy, Santanu & Viaene, Jean-Marie
- 281-312 The behavior of real exchange rates during the post-Bretton Woods period
by Taylor, Mark P. & Sarno, Lucio
- 313-332 Tariffs, quotas and terms-of-trade: The case of New Zealand
by Winkelmann, Liliana & Winkelmann, Rainer
- 333-362 Labor adjustment and gradual reform: when is commitment important?
by Karp, Larry & Paul, Thierry
- 363-365 Media review
by Author, A.
- 367-371 What's on THE NET for International Economists?
by Author, A.
October 1998, Volume 46, Issue 1
- 1-30 Fiscal discipline and the choice of a nominal anchor in stabilization
by Tornell, Aaron & Velasco, Andres
- 31-59 Reserve and exchange rate cycles
by Flood, Robert & Perraudin, William & Vitale, Paolo
- 61-72 Country-bashing tariffs: Do bilateral trade deficits matter?
by Cox, W. Michael & Ruffin, Roy J.
- 73-85 Partners to a preferential trade agreement: Implications of varying size
by Michaely, Michael
- 87-103 R&D: Who does the R, who does the D?
by Cadot, Olivier & Desruelle, Dominique
- 105-131 Dynamics of the trade balance and the terms of trade in LDCs: The S-curve
by Senhadji, Abdelhak S.
- 133-166 Sources and propagation of international output cycles: Common shocks or transmission?
by Canova, Fabio & Marrinan, Jane
- 167-182 Trade, convergence and overtaking
by Mountford, Andrew
August 1998, Volume 45, Issue 2
- 191-209 Exchange rate volatility and intervention: implications of the theory of optimum currency areas
by Bayoumi, Tamim & Eichengreen, Barry
- 211-238 International risk sharing and European monetary unification
by Sorensen, Bent E. & Yosha, Oved
- 239-258 Monetary union without fiscal coordination may discipline policymakers
by Beetsma, Roel M. W. J. & Lans Bovenberg, A.
- 259-296 Currency areas, international monetary regimes, and the employment-inflation tradeoff
by Ghironi, Fabio & Giavazzi, Francesco
- 297-321 Does an enlargement of a common market stimulate growth and convergence?
by Walz, Uwe
- 323-350 The comparison between destination and origin principles under imperfect competition
by Keen, Michael & Lahiri, Sajal
- 351-368 The distribution of exchange rate returns and the pricing of currency options
by Lim, G. C. & Lye, J. N. & Martin, G. M. & Martin*, V. L.
- 369-376 Cost uncertainty and trade liberalization in international oligopoly
by Moner-Colonques, Rafael
June 1998, Volume 45, Issue 1
- 1-35 Target zones and exchange rates:: An empirical investigation
by Bekaert, Geert & Gray, Stephen F.
- 37-57 Short-term speculators and the puzzling behaviour of exchange rates
by Osler, C. L.
- 59-76 In which currency should exporters set their prices?
by Friberg, Richard
- 77-96 Intra-industry trade and strategic interaction: Theory and evidence
by Bernhofen, Daniel M.
- 97-113 Internationally mobile firms and tax policy1
by Osmundsen, P. & Hagen, K. P. & Schjelderup, G.
- 115-135 How does foreign direct investment affect economic growth?1
by Borensztein, E. & De Gregorio, J. & Lee, J-W.
- 137-171 The burden of intervention: externalities in multilateral exchange rates arrangements
by Flandreau, Marc
- 173-186 Hume's specie-flow mechanism and classical monetary theory: An alternative interpretation
by Cesarano, Filippo
April 1998, Volume 44, Issue 2
- 181-209 Open access renewable resources: Trade and trade policy in a two-country model
by Brander, James A. & Scott Taylor, M.
- 211-229 Nontraded goods, nontraded factors, and international non-diversification
by Baxter, Marianne & Jermann, Urban J. & King, Robert G.
- 231-255 Inter-industry trade in manufactures: Does country size matter?
by Amiti, Mary
- 257-287 The international transmission of economic fluctuations:: Effects of U.S. business cycles on the Canadian economy
by Schmitt-Grohe, Stephanie
- 289-313 Intranational business cycles in the United States
by Hess, Gregory D. & Shin, Kwanho
- 315-338 International R&D spillovers between U.S. and Japanese R&D intensive sectors
by Bernstein, Jeffrey I. & Mohnen, Pierre
- 339-364 A currency crisis model with an optimising policymaker
by Ozkan, F. Gulcin & Sutherland, Alan
February 1998, Volume 44, Issue 1
- 1-19 The overvaluation of purchasing power parity
by O'Connell, Paul G. J.
- 21-44 Effective protection redux1
by Anderson, James E.
- 45-68 A pecking order of capital inflows and international tax principles
by Razin, Assaf & Sadka, Efraim & Yuen, Chi-Wa
- 69-82 Habits and durability in consumption, and the dynamics of the current account
by Mansoorian, Arman
- 83-112 Are windfalls a curse?: A non-representative agent model of the current account
by Tornell, Aaron & Lane, Philip R.
- 113-133 Intertemporal substitution in imported durables
by Lee, Jaewoo
- 135-153 Tax competition in imperfectly competitive markets
by Janeba, Eckhard
- 155-172 Government finance with currency substitution
by Sibert, Anne & Liu, Lihong
November 1997, Volume 43, Issue 3-4
- 263-286 Are currency crises self-fulfilling?: A test
by Jeanne, Olivier
- 287-311 Has Latin America's post-reform growth been disappointing?
by Easterly, William & Loayza, Norman & Montiel, Peter
- 313-332 Searching for stationarity: Purchasing power parity under the current float
by Papell, David H.
- 333-346 Comparative advantage under oligopoly
by Cordella, Tito & J. Gabszewicz, Jean
- 347-368 Preferential trading arrangements and industrial location
by Puga, Diego & Venables, Anthony J.
- 369-385 Competition for aid and trade policy
by Lahiri, Sajal & Raimondos-Moller, Pascalis
- 387-408 Can international commodity tax harmonisation be Pareto-improving when governments supply public goods?
by Lockwood, Ben
- 409-436 Bayesian learning in an infant industry model
by Hoff, Karla
- 437-461 Exchange rate pass-through for strategic pricing and advertising: An empirical analysis of the U.S. photographic film industry
by Kadiyali, Vrinda
- 463-482 Playing by the new subsidy rules: capital subsidies as substitutes for sectoral subsidies
by Lovely, Mary E.
- 483-497 Central bank intervention and risk in the forward market
by Baillie, Richard T. & P. Osterberg, William
- 499-512 Foreign growth and domestic performance in a small open economy
by Osang, Thomas & Pereira, Alfredo
- 513-523 International trade and structural change
by Ben-David, Dan & Papell, David H.
August 1997, Volume 43, Issue 1-2
- 1-27 Quota licenses for imported capital equipment: Could bureaucrats ever do better than the market?
by Spencer, Barbara J.
- 29-60 Real exchange-rate prediction over long horizons
by Mark, Nelson C. & Choi, Doo-Yull
- 61-77 Destabilizing effects of exchange-rate escape clauses
by Obstfeld, Maurice
- 79-101 Has Asian export performance been unique?
by Noland, Marcus
- 103-132 Spillovers, foreign investment, and export behavior
by Aitken, Brian & Hanson, Gordon H. & Harrison, Ann E.
- 133-153 Are exchange rate bands better than fixed exchange rates? The imported credibility approach
by Coles, Melvyn & Philippopoulos, Apostolis
- 155-172 Capital markets and dimension in neoclassical models of growth with trade
by Cremers, Emily T.
- 173-188 Strategic managerial delegation and trade policy
by Das, Satya P.
- 189-205 Politics and exchange rate forecasts
by Blomberg, S. Brock & Hess, Gregory D.
- 207-220 Cost heterogeneity, industry concentration and strategic trade policies
by Ngo, Van Long & Soubeyran, Antoine
- 221-236 Credit constraints and human capital accumulation in the open economy
by Cartiglia, Filippo
- 237-261 Pass-through of exchange rates and purchasing power parity
by Feenstra, Robert C. & Kendall, Jon D.
May 1997, Volume 42, Issue 3-4
- 249-273 When liberal policies reflect external shocks, what do we learn?
by Bartolini, Leonardo & Drazen, Allan
- 275-298 A simultaneous trade model of the foreign exchange hot potato
by Lyons, Richard K.
- 299-326 Strategic trading in a two-sided foreign exchange auction1
by Goldberg, Linda & Tenorio, Rafael
- 327-347 Inflation in open economies
by Lane, Philip R.
- 349-369 Black markets for currency, hoarding activity and policy reforms
by Goldberg, Linda S. & Karimov, Il'dar
- 371-393 Foreign direct investment and relative wages: Evidence from Mexico's maquiladoras
by Feenstra, Robert C. & Hanson, Gordon H.
- 395-423 Backfiring tariffs in vertically related markets
by Ishikawa, Jota & Lee, Ki-Dong
- 425-452 Tariffs and Schumpeterian growth
by Dinopoulos, Elias & Syropoulos, Constantinos
- 453-481 Growth and risk-sharing with incomplete international assets markets
by Devereux, Michael B. & Saito, Makoto
- 483-504 A theory of trade concessions
by Bac, Mehmet & Raff, Horst
- 505-515 Book reviews
by Author, A.
February 1997, Volume 42, Issue 1-2
- 3-31 Exporters, skill upgrading, and the wage gap
by Bernard, Andrew B. & Jensen, J. Bradford
- 33-65 Strategic trade policy with incompletely informed policymakers
by Brainard, S. Lael & Martimort, David
- 67-90 Political reform and trade policy
by Riezman, Raymond & Wilson, John Douglas
- 91-123 Multilateral tariff cooperation during the formation of customs unions
by Bagwell, Kyle & Staiger, Robert W.
- 125-148 Strategic R&D policy and appropriability
by Miyagiwa, Kaz & Ohno, Yuka
- 149-165 Capital income and profit taxation with foreign ownership of firms
by Huizinga, Harry & Nielsen, Soren Bo
- 167-177 Demand elasticities, asymmetry and strategic trade policy
by Bandyopadhyay, Subhayu
- 179-193 Precautionary saving and persistent current account imbalance
by Daniel, Betty C.
- 195-220 Producer services, comparative advantage, and international trade patterns
by van Marrewijk, Charles & Stibora, Joachim & de Vaal, Albert & Viaene, Jean-Marie
- 221-237 The political economy of declining industries: Senescent industry collapse revisited
by Brainard, S. Lael & Verdier, Thierry
- 239-241 The watering of trade
by Bhagwati, Jagdish
- 247-248 Welfare analysis of tariff change with and without international transfers
by Nakanishi, Noritsugu
November 1996, Volume 41, Issue 3-4
- 223-234 Collapsing exchange rate regimes: Another linear example
by Flood, Robert P. & Garber, Peter M. & Kramer, Charles
- 235-264 Mexico's balance-of-payments crisis: a chronicle of a death foretold
by Calvo, Guillermo A. & Mendoza, Enrique G.
- 265-283 The Mexican peso crisis: Sudden death or death foretold?
by Sachs, Jeffrey & Tornell, Aaron & Velasco, Andres
- 285-307 Monetary policy in the end-game to exchange-rate based stabilizations: the case of Mexico
by Kamin, Steven B. & Rogers, John H.
- 309-330 A self-fulfilling model of Mexico's 1994-1995 debt crisis
by Cole, Harold L. & Kehoe, Timothy J.
- 331-349 The balance of payments and borrowing constraints: An alternative view of the Mexican crisis
by Atkeson, Andrew & Rios-Rull, Jose-Victor
- 351-366 Currency crashes in emerging markets: An empirical treatment
by Frankel, Jeffrey A. & Rose, Andrew K.
August 1996, Volume 41, Issue 1-2
- 1-28 Multinational firms, technology diffusion and trade
by Ethier, Wilfred J. & Markusen, James R.
- 29-51 New protectionism and multinational companies
by Sanna-Randaccio, Francesca
- 53-72 Saving-investment associations and capital mobility On the evidence from Japanese regional data
by Dekle, Robert
- 73-93 Sunspots, currency substitution, and inflationary finance
by Barnett, Richard C. & Ho, Mun S.
- 95-111 Catching up and slowing down: Learning and growth patterns in an open economy
by van Elkan, Rachel
- 113-137 International trade and the internal organization of firms: An evolutionary approach
by Friedman, Daniel & K., C. Fung
- 139-151 Debt and incentives in a dynamic context
by Fernandez-Ruiz, Jorge
- 153-177 Endogenous formation of customs unions under imperfect competition: open regionalism is good
by Sang-Seung, Yi
- 179-194 Durability and strategic trade Are there rents to be captured?
by Driskill, Robert A. & Horowitz, Andrew W.
- 195-203 Identifying the competition: A note
by Waelbroeck, Patrick
May 1996, Volume 40, Issue 3-4
- 251-278 Trade in ideas Patenting and productivity in the OECD
by Eaton, Jonathan & Kortum, Samuel
- 279-298 Trade and convergence among countries
by Ben-David, Dan
- 299-321 International spillovers of knowledge and sectoral productivity growth: some evidence for Canada and the United States
by Brecher, Richard A. & Choudhri, Ehsan U. & Schembri, Lawrence L.
- 323-344 High-tech R&D subsidies Estimating the effects of Sematech
by Irwin, Douglas A. & Klenow, Peter J.
- 345-371 Wages and foreign ownership A comparative study of Mexico, Venezuela, and the United States
by Aitken, Brian & Harrison, Ann & Lipsey, Robert E.
- 373-409 Commercial policy and dynamic adjustment under monopolistic competition
by Keuschnigg, Christian & Kohler, Wilhelm
- 411-437 The size of trading blocs Market power and world welfare effects
by Bond, Eric W. & Syropoulos, Constantinos
- 439-457 Intertemporal substitution, imports and the permanent income model
by Amano, Robert A. & Wirjanto, Tony S.
- 477-494 Evaluating debt repurchases What are the alternatives to investment?
by Cabral, Celia C.
- 495-506 Optimal immigration, education and growth in the long run
by Shea, K. -L. & Woodfield, A. E.
February 1996, Volume 40, Issue 1-2
- 1-22 Coordination failures and government policy: A model with applications to East Asia and Eastern Europe
by Rodrik, Dani
- 23-39 Openness to trade in manufactures in the OECD
by Harrigan, James
- 41-66 Fiscal policy, growth, and macroeconomic performance in a small open economy
by Turnovsky, Stephen J.
- 67-84 Mandated countertrade as a strategic commitment
by Ellingsen, Tore & Stole, Lars A.
- 85-104 The role of international factors in the business cycle: A multi-country study
by Norrbin, Stefan C. & Schlagenhauf, Don E.
- 105-126 Does real interest parity hold at longer maturities?
by Jorion, Philippe
- 127-148 Sleeping quotas, pre-emptive quota bidding and monopoly power
by Cunha, Luis Campos e & Santos, Vasco
- 149-163 Import now! An analysis of market-share voluntary import expansions (VIEs)
by Greaney, Theresa M.
- 165-186 Voluntary export restraints and strategic technology transfers
by Song, E. Young
- 187-207 Market share and exchange rate pass-through in world automobile trade
by Feenstra, Robert C. & Gagnon, Joseph E. & Knetter, Michael M.
- 209-224 A panel project on purchasing power parity: Mean reversion within and between countries
by Frankel, Jeffrey A. & Rose, Andrew K.
- 225-237 Are wholly foreign-owned enterprises better than joint ventures?
by Yu, Eden S. H. & Chi-Chur, Chao