Evaluation and Program Planning
November 1998, Volume 21, Issue 4
- 429-436 A case history based assessment of female genital mutilation in Sudan
by Gray, Charlotte Schiander
- 437-448 Evaluation of the orphans reunification project in Eritrea
by Morah, E. & Mebrathu, S. & Sebhatu, K.
November 1998, Volume 21, Issue 3
- 243-254 Toward more informative uses of statistics: Alternatives for program evaluators
by Posavac, E. J.
- 255-261 Empowerment evaluation: theoretical and methodological considerations
by Smith, M. K.
- 263-275 Two low-cost measures of child and adolescent functioning for services research
by Bickman, L. & Lambert, E. W. & Karver, M. & andrade, A. R.
- 277-286 Using theory to design needs assessment studies of the elderly
by Calsyn, R. J. & Roades, L. A. & Klinkenberg, W. D.
- 287-296 Assessment of client satisfaction in a peer counseling substance abuse treatment program for pregnant and postpartum women
by Sanders, L. M. & Trinh, C. & Sherman, B. R. & Banks, S. M.
- 297-306 A study of health perceptions in clients of a mobile support and treatment service for the severely mentally ill
by Trauer, T.
- 307-314 Personal and educational background predictors of physician practice profiles: the case of Colorado
by Fryer, G. E. & Vojir, C. P. & Stine, C. & Miyoshi, T. & Drisko, J. & Harris, V. A. & Miller, M. E.
- 315-321 Towards an outcomes hierarchy for professional university programs
by Owen, John M.
- 323-331 The use of teacher expertise in decision making during school-conducted needs assessments: a multilevel perspective
by Brandon, P. R. & Heck, R. H.
- 333-344 Conceptualizing the successful product development project as a basis for evaluating management training in technology-based companies: a participatory concept mapping application
by Cousins, J. Bradley & MacDonald, Colla J.
May 1998, Volume 21, Issue 2
- 127-128 Introduction to special section
by Burton, Leone
- 129-141 Alternative approaches to teaching, learning and assessing mathematics
by Boaler, Jo
- 143-153 Assessing student learning in gender inclusive tertiary mathematics and physics education
by Wistedt, Inger
- 155-169 Situated cognition and assessment of competence in science
by Roth, Wolff-Michael
- 171-184 Toward a science performance assessment technology
by Shavelson, Richard J. & Solano-Flores, Guillermo & Ruiz-Primo, Maria Araceli
- 185-190 New assessment methods in mathematics and science: comparing and contrasting styles and outcomes
by Bartley, Anthony W.
- 191-197 Strengthening the criterion-related validity of professional certifications
by McKillip, Jack & Cox, Caryl
- 199-209 Salvaging an evaluation from the swampy lowland
by Fitzgerald, Joan & Rasheed, Janice Matthews
- 211-225 Neighborhood characteristics and mental illness
by Goldsmith, Harold F. & Holzer, Charles E. & Manderscheid, Ronald W.
- 227-236 The costs of an enhanced employee assistance program (EAP) intervention
by French, Michael T. & Dunlap, Laura J. & Zarkin, Gary A. & Karuntzos, Georgia T.
February 1998, Volume 21, Issue 1
- 1-10 Predicting perceived quality of drug treatment programs using latent variable models
by Hser, Yih-Ing & Stein, Judith A. & Polinsky, Margaret L. & Maglione, Margaret A.
- 11-20 The potential and utilization of an integrated information system at a family and marriage counselling agency in Israel
by Savaya, Rivka
- 21-29 Evaluation Voices: Promoting evaluation from within programs through collaboration
by O'Sullivan, Rita G. & O'Sullivan, John M.
- 31-45 Consumer satisfaction of parents and their children with child/adolescent mental health services
by Godley, Susan Harrington & Fiedler, Elisa Mustari & Funk, Rodney R.
- 47-57 Common patterns of service use in children's mental health
by Warren Lambert, E. & Brannan, Ana Maria & Breda, Carolyn & Heflinger, Craig Anne & Bickman, Leonard
- 59-71 Optimizing evaluation quality and utility under resource constraints
by Mowbray, Carol T. & Bybee, Deborah & Collins, Mary E. & Levine, Phyllis
- 73-79 Evaluating participation and employment outcomes in a welfare-to-work program
by Seninger, Stephen F.
- 81-92 Testing the service satisfaction scale in Puerto Rico
by Negron-Velazquez, Gisela & Alegria, Margarita & Vera, Mildred & Freeman, Daniel H.
- 93-110 Toward a theoretical model of evaluation utilization
by Johnson, R. Burke
- 111-120 What matters more: The job training program or the background of the participant? An HLM analysis of the influence of program and client characteristics on the wages of inner-city youth who have completed JTPA job training
by Lundgren, Lena & Rankin, Bruce
November 1997, Volume 20, Issue 4
- 379-391 Toward evaluating computer aided instruction: Attitudes, demographics, context
by Mitra, Ananda & Hullett, Craig R.
- 393-403 Electronic distribution of public assistance benefits: System performance and stakeholder opinions
by Harris, William L. & Peyrot, Mark & Fenzel, L. Mickey & Burbridge, John J.
- 405-414 A Comparison of two analytic methods for the identification of neighborhoods as intervention and control sites for community-based programs
by O'Campo, Patricia & Caughy, Margaret OBrien & Aronson, Robert & Xue, Xiaonan
- 415-420 Ratings of social functioning in outpatients with schizophrenia: Patient self-report versus caregiver assessment
by Dickerson, Faith B. & Ringel, Norman B. & Parente, Frederick
- 421-431 Analyzing attrition in a community-based literacy program
by Sarkin, Andrew J. & Tally, Steven R. & Cronan, Terry A. & Matt, Georg E. & Lyons, Heather W.
- 433-442 The complexity of roles in community action projects: The example of the evaluation of `alternatives'
by Graham, Kathryn & Bois, Christine
- 443-453 Client satisfaction in a community crisis center
by Baronet, Anne-Marie & Gerber, Gary J.
- 455-465 Reflections on facilitating a participatory community self-evaluation
by Folkman, Daniel V. & Rai, Kalyani
- 467-475 Participation in stakeholder-based evaluation: A case study
by Mercier, Celine
- 477-480 Factor structure of quality of life: The Lehman interview
by Goodman, Marianne & Hull, James W. & Terkelsen, Kenneth G. & Smith, Thomas E. & Anthony, Donna
- 481-494 Comprehensive needs assessment as basis for equitable distribution of nutrition education and training services
by Ahmad, Mahassen
- 495-505 Evaluation of an employee assistance program at a transportation company
by Macdonald, Scott & Lothian, Shelley & Wells, Samantha
- 507-516 The relocation of nursing home residents: An illustration of the advantages gained by planning a new program and designing an implementation evaluation together
by Grant, Peter R.
August 1997, Volume 20, Issue 3
- 237-249 Designing a process evaluation for a comprehensive breast cancer screening intervention: Challenges and opportunities
by Viadro, Claire I. & Earp, Jo Anne L. & Altpeter, Mary
- 251-257 The utilization of the logic model as a system level planning and evaluation device
by Julian, David A.
- 259-267 Do client characteristics predict case management activity?
by Hamner, Karl & Bryant, Deborah
- 269-277 Housing and social support needs of elderly persons: A needs assessment in an independent living facility
by Lewis, Judith S.
- 279-285 Stakeholder participation in evaluation: How important is diversity?
by Mathie, Alison & Greene, Jennifer C.
- 293-297 Introduction: Challenges of community-based program outcome evaluations
by Yin, Robert K. & Kaftarian, Shakeh J.
- 299-305 Changes in substance use patterns associated with the development of a community partnership project
by Furlong, Michael J. & Casas, J. Manuel & Corral, Carla & Gordon, Marge
- 307-313 Effects on adolescent ATOD behaviors and attitudes of a 5-year community partnership
by Shaw, Robert A. & Rosati, Michael J. & Salzman, Philip & Coles, Carol R. & McGeary, Catherine
- 315-322 Alcohol-related outcomes of the day one community partnership
by Rohrbach, Louise Ann & Johnson, C. Anderson & Mansergh, Gordon & Fishkin, Stephanie A. & Neumann, Francisca B.
- 323-333 Changing ATOD norms and behaviors: A Native American community commitment to wellness
by Rowe, Wendy E.
- 335-343 Community indicators of substance abuse: Empowering coalition planning and evaluation
by gabriel, Roy M.
- 345-355 Outcomes from CSAP's community partnership program: Findings from the national cross-site evaluation
by Yin, Robert K. & Kaftarian, Shakeh J. & Yu, Ping & Jansen, Mary A.
- 357-366 Think globally, act locally: Assessing the impact of community-based substance abuse prevention
by Saxe, Leonard & Reber, Emily & Hallfors, Denise & Kadushin, Charles & Jones, Delmos & Rindskopf, David & Beveridge, Andrew
- 367-377 Toward a framework for bridging the gap between science and practice in prevention: A focus on evaluator and practitioner perspectives
by Morrissey, Erin & Wandersman, Abraham & Seybolt, Diana & Nation, Maury & Crusto, Cindy & Davino, Katie
May 1997, Volume 20, Issue 2
- 117-127 Rural older adults' likelihood of receiving a personal response system: The Arkansas medicaid waiver program
by Chumbler, Neale R. & Beverly, Claudia J. & Beck, Cornelia K.
- 129-135 Quantitative and qualitative assessment of patient satisfaction in a managed care plan
by Etter, Jean-Francois & Perneger, Thomas V.
- 137-149 Treatment placement decisions: How substance abuse professionals assess and place clients
by Lordan, Edward J. & Kelley, John M. & Peters, Christopher P. & Siegfried, Robert J.
- 151-161 Health status and functioning among the homeless mentally ill: An assessment of the medical outcomes study SF-36 scales
by Wood, Patricia A. & Hurlburt, Michael S. & Hough, Richard L. & Hofstetter, C. Richard
- 163-172 Planning mental health services for children and youth: Part I--A value-based approach
by Prilleltensky, Isaac & Peirson, Leslea & Gould, Judy & Nelson, Geoffrey
- 173-183 Planning mental health services for children and youth: Part II--Findings of a value-based community consultation project
by Peirson, Leslea & Prilleltensky, Isaac & Nelson, Geoffrey & Gould, Judy
- 185-194 Satisfaction with residence and with life: When homeless mentally ill persons are housed
by Schutt, Russell K. & Goldfinger, Stephen M. & Penk, Walter E.
- 195-204 Normative evaluation of an anti-drug abuse program
by Chen, Huey-Tsyh
- 205-215 Evaluating an alcohol and drug treatment program for the homeless: An econometric approach
by Devine, Joel A. & Brody, Charles J. & Wright, James D.
- 217-224 Evaluating a community oriented primary care program: Lessons learned through a theory-oriented approach
by Rodriguez, Eunice & Mead, June P.
- 225-230 Views of selected government officials on the impact of a rural water supply program in Ghana
by Akuoko-Asibey, Augustine
- 231-235 Postmodernism comes to program evaluation III: A critical review of Stringer's Action Research: A Handbook for Practitioners
by Fishman, Daniel B.
February 1997, Volume 20, Issue 1
- 1-5 Evaluation, validity, and values
by Garaway, G. B.
- 7-15 Changing roles: Evaluator and teacher collaborating in school change
by Lau, Genevieve & LeMahieu, Paul
- 17-25 Enhancing the possibility of success by measuring the probability of failure in an educational program
by Brookhart, Susan M. & Casile, William J. & McCown, Rick R.
- 27-45 Risk, protective, AOD knowledge, attitude, and AOD behavior. Factors associated with characteristics of high-risk youth
by Tyler, Joanna & Lichtenstein, Carolyn
- 47-54 Reliability and validity of self-report data of homeless mentally ill individuals
by Calsyn, Robert J. & Morse, Gary A. & Klinkenberg, W. Dean & Trusty, Michael L.
- 55-56 Introduction by the guest editors
by Melkers, Julia & Roessner, David
- 57-75 Politics and the political setting as an influence on evaluation activities: National research and technology policy programs in the United States and Canada
by Melkers, Julia & Roessner, David
- 77-89 The knowledge pool: Measurement challenges in evaluating fundamental research programs
by Cozzens, Susan E.
- 91-102 Measuring the unmeasurable: Cost-benefit analysis for new business start-ups and scientific research transfers
by Papadakis, Maria & Link, Albert N.
- 103-112 Manufacturing partnerships: Evaluation in the context of government reform
by Shapira, Philip & Kingsley, Gordon & Youtie, Jan
November 1996, Volume 19, Issue 4
- 279-285 Introduction to the special issue: Innovative methodologies for longitudinal evaluation of human service programs
by Mowbray, Carol T. & Luke, Douglas
- 287-300 Maximizing both external and internal validity in longitudinal true experiments with voluntary treatments: The "combined modified" design
by Braver, Sanford L. & Smith, Melanie C.
- 301-308 Addressing self-selection effects in evaluations of mutual help groups and professional mental health services: An introduction to two-stage sample selection models
by Humphreys, Keith & Phibbs, Ciaran S. & Moos, Rudolf H.
- 309-319 Minimizing attrition in longitudinal studies of special populations: An integrated management approach
by Coen, Anita Saranga & Patrick, Diane C. & Shern, David L.
- 321-331 Using latent class analysis to detect behavioral patterns in systems of observational variables
by We[beta]els, Holger & Von Eye, Alexander
- 333-350 Longitudinal measurement models in evaluation research: Examining stability and change
by Pitts, Steven C. & West, Stephen G. & Tein, Jenn-Yun
- 351-363 Canonical correlation analysis of residential and vocational outcomes following psychiatric rehabilitation
by Cook, Judith A. & Razzano, Lisa & Cappelleri, Joseph C.
- 365-376 A longitudinal evaluation of a system of care for children and adolescents with a severe emotional disturbance
by Pandiani, John A. & Schacht, Lucille M. & Banks, Steven M.
- 377-389 Regression artifacts in time-series and longitudinal data
by Campbell[maltese cross], Donald T.
August 1996, Volume 19, Issue 3
- 183-191 Extending latent variable LISREL analyses of the 1969 Westinghouse Head Start evaluation to Blacks and full year Whites
by Wu, Ping & Campbell[maltese cross], Donald T.
- 193-198 Equivalence testing for use in psychosocial and services research: An introduction with examples
by Stegner, Bruce L. & Bostrom, Alan G. & Greenfield, Thomas K.
- 199-207 Insider/partnership evaluation: Approach and concept development
by Fox, Alan & McDermott, Fiona & Hamilton, Margaret & Toumbourou, John
- 209-218 Evaluating a national program of school-based HIV prevention
by Collins, Janet & Rugg, Deborah & Kann, Laura & Banspach, Stephen & Kolbe, Lloyd & Pateman, Beth
- 219-224 Predictors of follow-up in a sample of urban crack users
by Ziek, Kristine & Beardsley, Mark & Deren, Sherry & Tortu, Stephanie
- 225-233 A multimethod approach to evaluate transition into community life
by Gliner, Jeffrey A. & Sample, Pat
- 235-252 Emergent design: Understanding and evolving measures of a family support system
by Thompson, Lyke & Herman, Sandra
- 253-262 Planning and implementation of capitated mental health programs in the public sector
by Masland, Mary C. & Piccagli, Giorgio & Snowden, Lonnie & Cuffel, Brian J.
- 263-272 Progress and accountability in family literacy: Lessons from a collaborative approach
by Ryan, Katherine E. & Geissler, Barbara & Knell, Suzanne
May 1996, Volume 19, Issue 2
- 109-272 Methodological issues in evaluating mental health services
by Bickman, Leonard
- 111-119 The application of program theory to the evaluation of a managed mental health care system
by Bickman, Leonard
- 121-129 Methodology for evaluating mental health case management
by Bryant, Deborah M. & Bickman, Leonard
- 131-141 Measuring satisfaction with children's mental health services: Validity and reliability of the satisfaction scales
by Brannan, Ana Maria & Sonnichsen, Susan Elizabeth & Heflinger, Craig Anne
- 143-153 Predicting level of care in mental health services under a continuum of care
by Foster, E. Michael & Saunders, Robert C. & Summerfelt, Wm. Thomas
- 155-163 Measuring service system coordination in managed mental health care for children and youth
by Heflinger, Craig Anne
- 165-173 Parent and institutional agreement on children's use of mental health services
by Breda, Carolyn S.
- 175-182 Handling confidentiality and disclosure in the evaluation of client outcomes in managed mental health services for children and adolescents
by Heflinger, Craig Anne & Nixon, Carol T. & Karl, Hamner
February 1996, Volume 19, Issue 1
- 1-25 Minimizing participant attrition in panel studies through the use of effective retention and tracking strategies: Review and recommendations
by Ribisl, Kurt M. & Walton, Maureen A. & Mowbray, Carol T. & Luke, Douglas A. & Davidson, William S. & Bootsmiller, Bonnie J.
- 27-39 A state network of family support services: The massachusetts family support demonstration project
by Benson, Paul R. & Fisher, Gene A. & Diana, Augusto & Simon, Lorna & Gamache, Gail & Tessler, Richard C. & McDermeit, Melissa
- 41-64 Assessing the need for substance abuse services: A critical review of needs assessment models
by Dewit, David J. & Rush, Brian
- 65-78 Integration of future users' evaluations into the process of urban revitalization
by Aravot, Iris
- 79-93 Participatory evaluation in a community organization: Fostering stakeholder empowerment and utilization
by Papineau, Danielle & Kiely, Margaret C.
- 95-102 Identifying the population of health managers in one Canadian province: A two-stage approach
by Kazanjian, Arminee & Pagliccia, Nino
1995, Volume 18, Issue 4
- 311-320 Impact of legislation requiring moped and motorbike riders to wear helmets
by Ballart, Xavier & Riba, Clara
- 321-332 Improving the effectiveness of evaluations: Making the link to organizational theory
by Rogers, Patricia J. & Hough, Gary
- 333-341 Open systems evaluation and the logic model: Program planning and evaluation tools
by Julian, David A. & Jones, Ann & Deyo, Diana
- 343-347 Predicting agency awareness acquiescence in physicians
by Calsyn, Robert J.
- 351-353 Evaluation in South Africa: An introduction
by Louw, Johann
- 355-363 Evaluation needs in South African education: A policy perspective
by Meyer, Susan & Hofmeyr, Jane
- 365-369 Community health needs, community participation, and evaluation research
by Louw, Johann & katzenellenbogen, Judy & Carolissen, Ronelle
- 371-383 Evaluating participation processes in community development
by Kelly, K. & Van Vlaenderen, H.
- 385-389 Evaluating a post-graduate diploma in primary health care education (DPHCE): Issues and interpretations
by Paulsen, T. E. & Lee, T. C. M. & Tollman, S. M. & McKenzie, A.
- 391-408 Second language teaching for primary school students: An evaluation of a new teaching method
by Mouton, Johann
- 409-415 From conflict to cohesion: Involving stakeholders in policy research
by Doherty, Jane E. & Rispel, Laetitia C.
1995, Volume 18, Issue 3
- 209-217 Using probability distributions to evaluate an energy conservation program: A technique for dealing with controversy
by Berry, Linda & Brown, Marilyn A.
- 219-225 Homeless mentally ill clients and the quality of life
by Calsyn, Robert J. & Morse, Gary A. & Tempelhoff, Betty & Smith, Ruth & Allen, Gary
- 227-235 The quality of life of chronic in-patients of a traditional psychiatric hospital in the late 1900s
by O'Mahony, John F. & Ward, Maurice
- 237-244 A blended qualitative-quantitative assessment model for identifying and rank-ordering service needs of indigenous peoples
by Loos, Gregory P.
- 245-252 An integrative framework for the evaluation of community-based consortia
by Bailey, Darlyne & Koney, Kelly Mcnally
- 253-258 Nutrition education and training program model for evaluation and planning
by Ahmad, Mahassen
- 259-265 Developing an evaluation program: Challenges in the teaching of evaluation
by Altschuld, James W.
- 267-277 Tracking non-traditional populations in longitudinal studies
by Wright, James D. & Allen, Tupper Lampton & Devine, Joel A.
- 279-277 Note from the editor
by Morell, Jonathan A.
- 281-293 Ensuring a responsive health care planning function in developing regions of the world
by Parker, Barnett R.
- 295-300 Institutional constraints and subnational planning: Economic development in the United States
by Beauregard, Robert A.
1995, Volume 18, Issue 2
- 105-115 A benefit-cost analysis of a supported employment model for persons with psychiatric disabilities
by Rogers, E. Sally & Sciarappa, Kenneth & MacDonald-Wilson, Kim & Danley, Karen
- 117-127 One-year outcomes of a randomized trial of consumer case management
by Solomon, Phyllis & Draine, Jeffrey
- 129-141 Improving the quality of evaluations of federal human services national demonstration programs
by Stahler, Gerald J.
- 143-153 The use of concept mapping for assessing fidelity of model transfer: An example from psychiatric rehabilitation
by Shern, David L. & Trochim, William M. K. & LaComb, Christina A.
- 155-164 Demographic influences on quality of life among persons with chronic mental illnesses
by Lehman, Anthony F. & Rachuba, Laura T. & Postrado, Leticia T.
- 165-177 Construction of a scale to measure the persuasive impact of qualitative and quantitative evaluation reports
by Russon, Craig & Koehly, Laura M.
- 179-190 Should evaluation be freed from its causal links? : An answer illustrated by European Economic Development Policies
by Toulemonde, Jacques
- 191-202 The Italian version of the service satisfaction scale (SSS-30) adapted for community-based psychiatric patients: Development, factor analysis and application
by Ruggeri, Mirella & Greenfield, Thomas K.
1995, Volume 18, Issue 1
- 1-11 Program quality and program effectiveness: : A Review of Evaluations of Programs to Reduce Excessive Medical Diagnostic Testing
by Posavac, Emil J.
- 13-24 Evaluation of a homeless mentally ill outreach program: : Differential Short-term Effects
by Bybee, Deborah & Mowbray, Carol T. & Cohen, Evan H.
- 25-36 A review of research methods used to examine employee assistance program delivery options
by Csiernik, Rick
- 37-46 A mission based ecological evaluation of a summer camp for youth with developmental disabilities
by Wetzel, Mary C. & McNaboe, Chris & McNaboe, Kathleen A.
- 47-49 Guest editor's introduction : The quantitative-qualitative debates: "DeKuhnifying" the conceptual context
by Shadish, William R.
- 51-61 Constructionism in the rhetoric and practice of fourth generation evaluation
by Heap, James L.
- 63-75 Philosophy of science and the quantitative-qualitative debates: Thirteen common errors
by Shadish, William R.
- 77-87 Quantitative and qualitative methods: : Is There an Alternative?
by Sechrest, Lee & Sidani, Souraya
- 89-96 Sustaining vs. resolving the quantitative-qualitative debate
by Krantz, David L.
1994, Volume 17, Issue 4
- 345-346 Guest editors' introduction: Evaluating drug abuse interventions
by Dennis, Michael L. & Wechsberg, Wendee M.
- 347-355 Validity of self-reported drug use among injection drug users and crack cocaine users recruited through street outreach
by Weatherby, Norman L. & Needle, Richard & Cesari, Helen & Booth, Robert & McCoy, Clyde B. & Watters, John K. & Williams, Mark & Chitwood, Dale D.
- 357-369 Describing the frequency of marijuana use: Fuzziness and context-dependent interpretation of frequency expressions
by Matt, Georg E. & Wilson, Sandra Jo
- 371-379 Changing needle practices in community outreach and methadone treatment
by Wechsberg, Wendee M. & Cavanaugh, Elizabeth R. & Dunteman, George H. & Smith, Frank J.
- 381-390 Evaluating services demonstration programs: A multistage approach
by Schlenger, William E. & Roland, E. Joyce & Kroutil, Larry A. & Dennis, Michael L. & Magruder, Kathryn M. & Ray, Barbara A.
- 391-398 Analyzing shelter organizations and the services they offer: Testing a structural model using a sample of shelter programs
by Delany, Peter J. & Fletcher, Bennett W. & Lennox, Richard D.
- 399-407 Measurement error issues in substance abuse services research: Lessons from structural equation modeling and psychometric theory
by Lennox, Richard D. & Dennis, Michael L.
- 409-418 A conceptual framework for the economic evaluation of substance abuse interventions
by zarkin, Gary A. & French, Michael T. & Anderson, Donald W. & Bradley, Cathy J.
- 419-427 Integrating qualitative and quantitative evaluation methods in substance abuse research
by Dennis, Michael L. & Fetterman, David M. & Sechrest, Lee
- 429-430 Comment on Weatherby et al
by Wish, Eric D. & Mieczkowski, Tom
- 431-432 Reply to Wish and Mieczkowski
by Weatherby, Norman L. & Needle, Richard & Cesari, Helen & Booth, Robert & McCoY, Clyde B. & Watters, John K. & Williams, Mark & Chitwood, Dale D.
1994, Volume 17, Issue 3
- 239-248 Costs of caring for persons with long-term mental illness in alternative residential settings
by Galster, George C. & Champney, Timothy F. & Williams, Yolonda
- 249-256 Self-reported needs for help among homeless men and women
by Herman, Daniel B. & Struening, Elmer L. & Barrow, Susan M.
- 257-260 Student and teacher perceptions of classroom instructional methods and evaluation procedures
by Hagborg, Winston J.
- 261-269 Burden assessment scale for families of the seriously mentally ill
by Reinhard, Susan C. & Gubman, Gayle D. & Horwitz, Allan V. & Minsky, Shula
- 271-275 A short-form measure of dentists' job satisfaction
by Rabiner, Donna J. & Shugars, Daniel A. & Hays, Ron D.
- 277-287 Policy evaluation meets harsh reality: Instrument of integration or preserver of disintegration?
by Smith, Andrew & Spenlehauer, Vincent
- 289-287 Guest editor's introduction
by Torres, Rosalie T.
- 291-297 Evaluation's role in enhancing organizational learning: A model for practice
by Preskill, Hallie
- 299-304 Rethinking the evaluator role: Partnerships between organizations and evaluators
by Mathison, Sandra
- 305-313 Steps of empowerment evaluation: From California to Cape Town
by Fetterman, David M.
- 315-325 Using evaluation to understand the learning architecture of an organization
by Jenlink, Patrick M.
- 327-337 Linking individual and organizational learning: The internalization and externalization of evaluation
by Torres, Rosalie T.
- 339-340 Concluding remarks : Evaluation and learning organizations: Where do we go from here?
by Torres, Rosalie T.
1994, Volume 17, Issue 2
- 107-120 Cost analysis of training and employment services in methadone treatment
by French, Michael T. & Bradley, Cathy J. & Calingaert, Brian & Dennis, Michael L. & Karuntzos, Georgia T.
- 121-131 Quality of life, quality enhancement, and quality assurance: Implications for program planning and evaluation in the field of mental retardation and developmental disabilities
by Schalock, Robert L.
- 133-140 Use of focus groups in the design of recreation needs assessment questionnaires
by Mitra, Ananda
- 141-151 The generalizability of brief ratings of psychosocial functioning
by Green, Rex S. & Jerrell, Jeanette M.
- 153-157 A national AIDS organization : An executive survey
by Starley, Richard O.
- 159-164 Evaluating criminal justice programs : Using policy as well as program theory
by Palumbo, Dennis J. & Petersen, Rebecca D.
- 165-177 Debating crime and imprisonment in California
by Petersilia, Joan
- 179-186 Stakeholder conflict in an alternative sentencing program : Implications for evaluation and implementation
by McGarrell, Edmund F. & Sabath, Michael J.
- 187-196 The push for "truth in sentencing": Evaluating competing stakeholder constructions : The Case for Contextual Constructionism in Evaluation Research
by Hallett, Michael A. & Rogers, Robert
- 197-203 The political construction of alternative dispute resolution and alternatives to incarceration
by Palumbo, Dennis J. & Musheno, Michael & Hallett, Michael
- 205-216 Life at the interface : Issues in the implementation and evaluation of a multiphased, multiagency jail-based treatment program
by Lurigio, Arthur J. & Swartz, James
- 217-226 Drug treatment in adult probation : An evaluation of an outpatient and acupuncture program
by Moon, Melissa M. & Latessa, Edward J.
- 227-233 Crime control policy and community corrections practice : Assessing the impact of gender, race, and class
by Byrne, James M. & Taxman, Faye S.
1994, Volume 17, Issue 1
- 1-7 Three critical views of functioning: Comparisons of assessments made by individuals with mental illness, their case managers, and family members
by Massey, Oliver T. & Wu, Liang
- 9-12 Removing confusion about formative and summative evaluation: Purpose versus time
by Chambers, Fred
- 13-18 Integrating national and district health planning in a decentralized setting
by Thomason, Jane A. & Karel, Stephen G.
- 19-24 Picture this! Multivariate analysis in organizational assessment
by Mclinden, Daniel J. & Jinkerson, Darryl L.
- 25-31 Evaluating a new pharmacy acquisition system in multiple sites
by Weaver, Frances M. & Kubal, Joseph D. & Cowper, Diane C. & Bonarigo, Frank M. & Steigman, Pamela & Darcy, Laurie & Demakis, John G.
- 37-42 Mental health reform in Washington State: The first steps
by Hanig, David & Perry, Ronald D. & Johnson, Sharon Stewart
- 43-46 The process study component of mental health evaluation
by Perry, Ronald D. & Hoff, Bert H. & Gaither, Denise S.
- 47-51 One system, many perspectives: Stakeholders and mental health system evaluation
by Allen, David G. & Gilchrist, Lewayne D. & Brown, Linda & Cox, Gary B. & Semke, Jeanette & Thomas, Mary Durand & Perry, Ronald D.
- 53-61 A public-academic approach to designing a state mental health program evaluation
by Gilchrist, Lewayne D. & Allen, David G. & Brown, Linda & Cox, Gary B. & Semke, Jeanette & Thomas, Mary Durand & Jemelka, Ron & Perry, Ronald D. & Sutphen-Mroz, Jan
- 63-72 Effects of mental health reform on client characteristics, continuity of care and community tenure
by Brown, Linda & Cox, Gary B. & Jones, William E. & Semke, Jeanette & Allen, David G. & Gilchrist, Lewayne D. & Sutphen-Mroz, Jan
- 73-79 Impact of mental health reform on service use
by Semke, Jeanette & Brown, Linda & Sutphen-Mroz, Jan & Cox, Gary B. & Gilchrist, Lewayne D. & Allen, David G. & Thomas, Mary Durand & Jemelka, Ron