Evaluation and Program Planning
2001, Volume 24, Issue 2
- 215-220 Employment status and psychological symptomatology among drug users not currently in treatment
by Johnson, Mark E. & Reynolds, Grace L. & Fisher, Dennis G.
- 221-226 HIV risk networks and HIV transmission among injecting drug users
by Neaigus, A. & Friedman, S. R. & Kottiri, B. J. & Des Jarlais, D. C.
- 227-237 Improving the quality of life among young people living with HIV
by Rotheram-Borus, Mary Jane & Murphy, Debra A. & Wight, Richard G. & Lee, Martha B. & Lightfoot, Marguerita & Swendeman, Dallas & Birnbaum, Jeffrey M. & Wright, Whitney
2001, Volume 24, Issue 1
- 1-11 Academic evaluators versus practitioners: alternative experiences of professionalism
by Modarresi, Shahpar & Newman, Dianna L. & Abolafia, Mitchel Y.
- 13-22 The effect of the Tarrant County drug court project on recidivism
by Bavon, A.
- 23-31 An evaluation of contracted palliative care home care services in Ontario, Canada
by Williams, Allison M. & Caron, Michelle V. & McMillan, Maria & Litkowich, Anne & Rutter, Noreen & Hartman, Arlete & Yardley, John
- 33-40 Developing evaluation capacity while improving evaluation training in public health: the American Cancer Society's Collaborative Evaluation Fellows Project
by Compton, Don & Baizerman, Michael & Preskill, Hallie & Rieker, Patricia & Miner, Kathleen
- 41-59 Approaches used in conducting health outcomes and effectiveness research
by Figueredo, Aurelio Jose & Sechrest, Lee
- 61-62 Introduction
by Newcomer, K. & Neill, S.
- 63-71 Opportunities for program evaluators to facilitate performance-based management
by Scheirer, M. A. & Newcomer, K.
- 73-81 Logic models: a systems tool for performance management
by Millar, Annie & Simeone, Ronald S. & Carnevale, John T.
- 83-94 Improving data quality for performance measures: results from a GAO study of verification and validation
by Divorski, S. & Scheirer, M. A.
- 95-101 Local government measurement use to focus on performance and results
by Bernstein, David J.
- 103-108 Evaluation and outcome measurement in the non-profit sector: stakeholder participation
by Thayer, Colette E. & Fine, Allison H.
2000, Volume 23, Issue 4
- 397-409 Regression artifacts and other customs of dubious desert
by Mohr, L. B.
- 411-414 Regression facts and artifacts
by Reichardt, Charles S.
- 415-417 Response to Reichardt
by Mohr, L. B.
- 419-428 Assessing program impact using latent growth modeling: a primer for the evaluator
by Hess, Brian
- 429-436 Using population-based data on alcohol consumption and related harms to estimate the relative need for alcohol services in Victoria, Australia
by Dietze, P. M. & Rumbold, G. R. & Cvetkovski, S. & Hanlin, K. J. & Laslett, A. & Jonas, H. A.
- 437-448 Impact of a vocational counselor on employment-related outcomes among methadone patients
by Appel, P. W. & Smith, R. & Schmeidler, J. B. & Randell, J.
- 449-459 Building a worldwide evaluation community: past, present, and future
by Love, A. J. & Russon, C.
- 461-470 Responding to ambiguity, responding to change the value of a responsive approach to evaluation
by Abma, T. A.
2000, Volume 23, Issue 3
- 267-279 Evaluating the role of waivers in systemic school reform
by Hodge, Warren A. & Jones, Joyce T.
- 281-291 Defacto client-treatment matching: how clinicians make referrals to outpatient treatments for substance use
by Breslin, F. Curtis & Gladwin, Christina H. & Borsoi, Diane & Cunningham, John A.
- 293-300 An evaluation of a patient satisfaction survey: validity and reliability
by Dufrene, Roxane L.
- 301-313 HIV risk reduction among injection drug users: explaining the lack of anticipated outcomes in a community-level controlled comparison study
by Schilling, Robert F. & Fernando, Daniel & Fontdevila, Jorge & El-Bassel, Nabila
- 315-327 The construction of community indexes of mental health and social and mental well-being and their application to New York City
by Siegel, Carole & Laska, Eugene & Haugland, Gary & O'Neill, Dave & Cohen, Neal & Lesser, Michael
- 337-339 Breaking new frontiers: outcome evaluations of community-based program
by Kaftarian, Shakeh J. & Yu, Ping
- 341-346 Predicting intermediate outcomes for prevention coalitions: a developmental perspective
by Florin, Paul & Mitchell, Roger & Stevenson, John & Klein, Ilene
- 347-353 Reducing births of drug-affected babies: a retrospective analysis of archival data and a community wide effort
by Gabriel, Roy M. & Mondeaux, Frank P. & Laws, Katherine E. & Hahn, Karen J. & Weaver, David
- 355-363 Ensuring a prevention presence when coalitions falter: a case study of a community coalitions demonstration project
by Lackey, Jill Florence & Welnetz, Tim & Balistrieri, Matt
- 365-371 The protective function of after-school programming and parent education and support for students at risk for substance abuse
by Morrison, Gale M. & Storino, Meri H. & Robertson, Laurel M. & Weissglass, Theresa & Dondero, Alicia
- 373-379 Capacity for effectiveness: the relationship between coalition structure and community impact
by Hays, C. E. & Hays, S. P. & DeVille, J. O. & Mulhall, P. F.
- 381-388 Prevention actions and activities make a difference: a structural equation model of coalition building
by Crowley, Kathleen M. & Yu, Ping & Kaftarian, Shakeh J.
- 389-395 Getting to outcomes: a results-based approach to accountability
by Wandersman, Abraham & Imm, Pamela & Chinman, Matthew & Kaftarian, Shakeh
2000, Volume 23, Issue 2
- 139-147 Meta-needs assessment
by Gaber, J.
- 149-155 A comparison of paper vs computer-assisted self interview for school alcohol, tobacco, and other drug surveys
by Hallfors, Denise & Khatapoush, Shereen & Kadushin, Charles & Watson, Kim & Saxe, Leonard
- 157-163 An early stage evaluation model for assessing the effectiveness of comprehensive community initiatives: three case studies in Nebraska
by Murphy-Berman, Virginia & Schnoes, Connie & Chambers, Jeff M.
- 165-175 Adolescent satisfaction with mental health services: development of a multidimensional scale
by Garland, Ann F. & Saltzman, Marla D. & Aarons, Gregory A.
- 177-185 Profiling childhood disability: the reliability of the educational needs questionnaire
by Dyson, Maree & Allen, Felicity & Duckett, Stephen
- 187-198 The Boston HAPPENS program: needs and use of services by HIV-positive compared to at-risk youth, including gender differences
by Woods, Elizabeth R. & Samples, Cathryn L. & Melchiono, Maurice W. & Keenan, Peter M. & Fox, Durrell J. & Chase, Louise H. & Burns, Michelle A. & Price, Virginia A. & Paradise, Jan & O'Brien, Rebecca & Claytor, Richard A. & Brooke, Robyn & Goodman, Elizabeth
- 199-210 Stakeholder conflict: a case study
by Abma, T. A.
- 211-230 Differences in stakeholder perceptions about training evaluation: a concept mapping/pattern matching investigation
by Michalski, Greg V. & Cousins, J. Bradley
- 231-240 Planning, investment and evaluation procedures to support coordination and outcomes based funding in a local United Way system
by Julian, David A. & Clapp, John
- 241-253 Social-cognitive factors of donating money to charity, with special attention to an international relief organization
by Cheung, C. -K. & Chan, C. -M.
- 255-265 Downsizing US Department of Energy facilities: evaluating alternatives for the region surrounding the Savannah River nuclear weapons site region
by Greenberg, Michael & Frisch, Michael & Solitare, Laura & Lowrie, Karen
2000, Volume 23, Issue 1
- 1-12 Wilderness challenge programs for delinquent youth: a meta-analysis of outcome evaluations
by Wilson, Sandra Jo & Lipsey, Mark W.
- 13-25 The value of process evaluation in a community-based cancer control program
by Cunningham, Louise E. & Michielutte, Robert & Dignan, Mark & Sharp, Penny & Boxley, Jeanne
- 27-39 Economic evaluation of alcohol treatment services
by French, Michael T.
- 41-52 Analysis of participation in an innovative psychiatric rehabilitation intervention: supported education
by Bybee, Deborah & Bellamy, Chyrell & Mowbray, Carol T.
- 53-65 Does the continuum of care reduce inpatient length of stay?
by Foster, E. Michael
- 67-75 Concept mapping in mental health: uses and adaptations
by Johnsen, Jeffrey A. & Biegel, David E. & Shafran, Robert
- 77-87 Consumer based quality of life assessment: a path model of perceived satisfaction
by Schalock, Robert L. & Bonham, Gordon S. & Marchand, Cristine B.
- 89-93 Proxy respondents and quality of life
by Stancliffe, Roger J.
- 95-104 Beyond initial certification: the assessment and maintenance of competency in professions
by Lysaght, Rosemary M. & Altschuld, James W.
- 105-113 How stakeholders with various preferences converge on acceptable investment programs
by Kelvin, Alex
- 115-124 Evaluating criminal justice programs designed to reduce crime by targeting repeat gang offenders
by Kent, Douglas R. & Donaldson, Stewart I. & Wyrick, Phelan A. & Smith, Peggy J.
- 125-136 Doing effective evaluations: a case study of family empowerment due to welfare reform
by Dunnagan, Tim & Duncan, Stephen F. & Paul, Lynn
1999, Volume 22, Issue 4
- 375-384 The utility of `tree-generating' statistics in applied social work research
by Wambach, Kathryn G.
- 385-397 Formative research methods to understand patient and provider responses to heart attack symptoms
by Leviton, Laura C. & Finnegan, John R. & Zapka, Jane G. & Meischke, Hendrika & Estabrook, Barbara & Gilliland, Janice & Linares, Adriana & Weitzman, Elissa R. & Raczynski, James & Stone, Elaine
- 399-411 Assessing the effects of monetized food aid on: reproductive behavior in rural Honduras
by Florence, Curtis S. & Hotchkiss, David R. & Magnani, Robert J. & McCann, H. Gilman
- 413-427 Evaluating the effects of full-time vs part-time educational programs for the gifted: affective outcomes and policy considerations
by Zeidner, Moshe & Schleyer, Esther Jane
- 429-437 The use of client surrogates in determining the reliability of a standardized assessment instrument in multiple, diverse settings
by Peters, C. P. & Friedman, N. & Jacobs, S. S. & Jones, B. J. & Kelley, J. M. & Nazar, K. L.
- 439-453 Assessment of a computerized medical record system: disclosing scripts of use
by Lehoux, P. & Sicotte, C. & Denis, J-L.
1999, Volume 22, Issue 3
- 251-258 HIV outreach for hard-to-reach populations: a cross-site perspective
by Rowden, David W. & Dorsey, Penny E. & Bullman, Stephanie & Lestina, Ruth P. & Han, Chenglong & Herrell, James M.
- 259-267 African-American injection drug users: association between pre-treatment services and entry into and completion of detoxification
by Lundgren, Lena & Amodeo, Maryann & Schneider, Robert & Ellis, Michael & Fitzgerald, Therese & Stevens, Richard
- 269-277 Evaluation of the effects of outreach to women with multiple vulnerabilities on entry into substance abuse treatment
by Melchior, Lisa A. & Huba, G. J. & Brown, Vivian B. & Slaughter, Ruth
- 279-293 Evaluation of the exposure effects of a theory-based street outreach HIV intervention on African-American drug users
by Collins, C. & Kohler, C. & DiClemente, R. & Wang, M. Q.
- 295-303 Effectiveness of outreach to homeless substance abusers
by Tommasello, Anthony C. & Myers, C. Patrick & Gillis, Laura & Treherne, L. Louise & Plumhoff, Michael
- 305-312 Tracking and interviewing clients at risk for HIV and substance abuse in a Latino community
by Juntunen, Amy & Hwalek, Melanie & Neale, Anne Victoria
- 313-322 Use of controlled vignettes in evaluation: does type of response method make a difference?
by Gliner, Jeffrey A. & Haber, Elizabeth & Weise, James
- 323-330 The relative impact of treatment program `robustness' and `dosage' on client outcomes
by Jerrell, Jeanette M. & Ridgely, M. Susan
- 331-339 Mobilizing physicians for clinical tobacco intervention in Canada: evaluating a national and provincial partnership
by Rowan, Margo S. & Toombs, Millicent & Kothari, Anita
- 341-351 Incidence of non-compliance with unemployment insurance regulations and associated claimant characteristics
by Roy, Arun S. & Wong, Ging
- 353-362 Internal evaluation in a self-reflective organization: one nonprofit agency's model
by Minnett, Ann M.
- 363-372 Involving program stakeholders in reviews of evaluators' recommendations for program revisions
by Brandon, Paul R.
1999, Volume 22, Issue 2
- 131-140 The mediating effect of participation efficacy on evaluation use
by Turnbull, B.
- 141-153 A program evaluation of a juvenile halfway house: considerations for strengthening program components
by Leon, Ana M. & Dziegielewski, Sophia F. & Tubiak, Christine
- 155-161 Assessing the needs of Native American communities: a Northeastern example
by Weaver, Hilary N.
- 163-174 Developing guidelines to enhance the evaluation of overseas development projects
by McDonald, Diane
- 183-197 How organizational culture influences outcome information utilization
by Hodges, Sharon P. & Hernandez, Mario
- 199-210 The application of statistical process control to manage global client outcomes in behavioral healthcare
by Green, Rex S.
- 211-219 In it for the long haul: the integration of outcomes assessment, clinical services, and management decision-making
by Hoffmann, F. L. & Leckman, E. & Russo, N. & Knauf, L.
- 221-232 Bringing staff on board: creating an outcomes project tied to continuous quality improvement in an adult community residential service
by Kersten, E. & Wilkinson, K. & Wright, S.
- 233-243 Role of a psychiatric outcome study in a large scale quality improvement project
by Walter, L. J. & Schaefer, C. & Albright, L. & Parthasarathy, S. & Hunkeler, E. M. & Westphal, J. & Williams, M.
1999, Volume 22, Issue 1
- 1-11 A Bayesian model to predict the success of the implementation of health and education innovations in school-centered programs
by Bosworth, K & Gingiss, P.M & Potthoff, S & Roberts-Gray, C
- 13-20 Community needs assessment with Hispanic, Spanish-monolingual residents
by Batsche, C & Hernandez, M & Montenegro, M.C
- 21-30 Goal setting and progress evaluation in youth empowerment programs
by Roberts-Gray, C & Steinfeld, S & Bailey, W
- 31-40 Measuring use of outpatient care among mentally ill individuals: a comparison of self reports and provider records
by Kashner, T.M & Suppes, T & Rush, A.J & Altshuler, K.Z
- 41-52 Graded response modeling of the Quality of Life Interview
by Uttaro, Thomas & Lehman, Anthony
- 55-64 Using an evaluability assessment to select methods for evaluating state technology development programs: the case of the Georgia Research Alliance
by Youtie, Jan & Bozeman, Barry & Shapira, Philip
- 65-72 Logic models: a tool for telling your programs performance story
by McLaughlin, John A. & Jordan, Gretchen B.
- 73-82 Using program theory models in evaluation of industrial modernization programs: three case studies
by Torvatn, Hans
- 83-90 Evaluation of a regional innovation programme: the Innovation and New Technology Programme in Northern Norway
by Isaksen, Arne
- 91-103 The case study as research heuristic: lessons from the R&D value mapping project
by Bozeman, Barry & Klein, Hans K.
- 105-111 Small and medium enterprise aid programs: intangible effects and evaluation practice
by Stame, Nicoletta
- 113-119 Lessons learned about the methodology of economic impact studies: the nist experience
by Tassey, Gregory
- 121-129 Partial benefit/cost in the evaluation of the Canadian Networks of Centres of Excellence
by Rank, Dennis & Williams, Douglas
1998, Volume 21, Issue 4
- 347-351 Editorial
- 353-361 The role and effectiveness of traditional birth attendants in Somalia
by Prendiville, Noreen
- 363-375 The promotion of participatory methods for group events in Zambia: a process evaluation report for unicef 1994-1997
by Wyss, E. & Whitney, B. & Betts, M.
- 377-384 Income generation and Facts for Life communication in Vietnam
by McNamara, Alix & Nga, Nguyen Thi Thanh
- 385-392 Evaluation of the psychosocial trauma recovery programme in Rwanda
by Chauvin, Luc & Mugaju, James & Comlavi, Jondoh
- 393-408 Monitoring and evaluation of Guinea Worm Eradication
by Peries, Herve & Rooy, Carel de & Nwe, Yin Yin
- 409-413 A kap study on malaria in Zanzibar: implications for prevention and controlA study conducted for unicef Sub-Office Zanzibar
by Eversole, Martin S. Alilio & Bammek, Jane
- 415-427 An assessment of the importance of process in the development of communications materials in Uganda
by Wright, Keith
- 429-436 A case history based assessment of female genital mutilation in Sudan
by Gray, Charlotte Schiander
- 437-448 Evaluation of the orphans reunification project in Eritrea
by Morah, E. & Mebrathu, S. & Sebhatu, K.
1998, Volume 21, Issue 3
- 243-254 Toward more informative uses of statistics: Alternatives for program evaluators
by Posavac, E. J.
- 255-261 Empowerment evaluation: theoretical and methodological considerations
by Smith, M. K.
- 263-275 Two low-cost measures of child and adolescent functioning for services research
by Bickman, L. & Lambert, E. W. & Karver, M. & andrade, A. R.
- 277-286 Using theory to design needs assessment studies of the elderly
by Calsyn, R. J. & Roades, L. A. & Klinkenberg, W. D.
- 287-296 Assessment of client satisfaction in a peer counseling substance abuse treatment program for pregnant and postpartum women
by Sanders, L. M. & Trinh, C. & Sherman, B. R. & Banks, S. M.
- 297-306 A study of health perceptions in clients of a mobile support and treatment service for the severely mentally ill
by Trauer, T.
- 307-314 Personal and educational background predictors of physician practice profiles: the case of Colorado
by Fryer, G. E. & Vojir, C. P. & Stine, C. & Miyoshi, T. & Drisko, J. & Harris, V. A. & Miller, M. E.
- 315-321 Towards an outcomes hierarchy for professional university programs
by Owen, John M.
- 323-331 The use of teacher expertise in decision making during school-conducted needs assessments: a multilevel perspective
by Brandon, P. R. & Heck, R. H.
- 333-344 Conceptualizing the successful product development project as a basis for evaluating management training in technology-based companies: a participatory concept mapping application
by Cousins, J. Bradley & MacDonald, Colla J.
1998, Volume 21, Issue 2
- 127-128 Introduction to special section
by Burton, Leone
- 129-141 Alternative approaches to teaching, learning and assessing mathematics
by Boaler, Jo
- 143-153 Assessing student learning in gender inclusive tertiary mathematics and physics education
by Wistedt, Inger
- 155-169 Situated cognition and assessment of competence in science
by Roth, Wolff-Michael
- 171-184 Toward a science performance assessment technology
by Shavelson, Richard J. & Solano-Flores, Guillermo & Ruiz-Primo, Maria Araceli
- 185-190 New assessment methods in mathematics and science: comparing and contrasting styles and outcomes
by Bartley, Anthony W.
- 191-197 Strengthening the criterion-related validity of professional certifications
by McKillip, Jack & Cox, Caryl
- 199-209 Salvaging an evaluation from the swampy lowland
by Fitzgerald, Joan & Rasheed, Janice Matthews
- 211-225 Neighborhood characteristics and mental illness
by Goldsmith, Harold F. & Holzer, Charles E. & Manderscheid, Ronald W.
- 227-236 The costs of an enhanced employee assistance program (EAP) intervention
by French, Michael T. & Dunlap, Laura J. & Zarkin, Gary A. & Karuntzos, Georgia T.
1998, Volume 21, Issue 1
- 1-10 Predicting perceived quality of drug treatment programs using latent variable models
by Hser, Yih-Ing & Stein, Judith A. & Polinsky, Margaret L. & Maglione, Margaret A.
- 11-20 The potential and utilization of an integrated information system at a family and marriage counselling agency in Israel
by Savaya, Rivka
- 21-29 Evaluation Voices: Promoting evaluation from within programs through collaboration
by O'Sullivan, Rita G. & O'Sullivan, John M.
- 31-45 Consumer satisfaction of parents and their children with child/adolescent mental health services
by Godley, Susan Harrington & Fiedler, Elisa Mustari & Funk, Rodney R.
- 47-57 Common patterns of service use in children's mental health
by Warren Lambert, E. & Brannan, Ana Maria & Breda, Carolyn & Heflinger, Craig Anne & Bickman, Leonard
- 59-71 Optimizing evaluation quality and utility under resource constraints
by Mowbray, Carol T. & Bybee, Deborah & Collins, Mary E. & Levine, Phyllis
- 73-79 Evaluating participation and employment outcomes in a welfare-to-work program
by Seninger, Stephen F.
- 81-92 Testing the service satisfaction scale in Puerto Rico
by Negron-Velazquez, Gisela & Alegria, Margarita & Vera, Mildred & Freeman, Daniel H.
- 93-110 Toward a theoretical model of evaluation utilization
by Johnson, R. Burke
- 111-120 What matters more: The job training program or the background of the participant? An HLM analysis of the influence of program and client characteristics on the wages of inner-city youth who have completed JTPA job training
by Lundgren, Lena & Rankin, Bruce
1997, Volume 20, Issue 4
- 379-391 Toward evaluating computer aided instruction: Attitudes, demographics, context
by Mitra, Ananda & Hullett, Craig R.
- 393-403 Electronic distribution of public assistance benefits: System performance and stakeholder opinions
by Harris, William L. & Peyrot, Mark & Fenzel, L. Mickey & Burbridge, John J.
- 405-414 A Comparison of two analytic methods for the identification of neighborhoods as intervention and control sites for community-based programs
by O'Campo, Patricia & Caughy, Margaret OBrien & Aronson, Robert & Xue, Xiaonan
- 415-420 Ratings of social functioning in outpatients with schizophrenia: Patient self-report versus caregiver assessment
by Dickerson, Faith B. & Ringel, Norman B. & Parente, Frederick
- 421-431 Analyzing attrition in a community-based literacy program
by Sarkin, Andrew J. & Tally, Steven R. & Cronan, Terry A. & Matt, Georg E. & Lyons, Heather W.
- 433-442 The complexity of roles in community action projects: The example of the evaluation of `alternatives'
by Graham, Kathryn & Bois, Christine
- 443-453 Client satisfaction in a community crisis center
by Baronet, Anne-Marie & Gerber, Gary J.
- 455-465 Reflections on facilitating a participatory community self-evaluation
by Folkman, Daniel V. & Rai, Kalyani
- 467-475 Participation in stakeholder-based evaluation: A case study
by Mercier, Celine
- 477-480 Factor structure of quality of life: The Lehman interview
by Goodman, Marianne & Hull, James W. & Terkelsen, Kenneth G. & Smith, Thomas E. & Anthony, Donna
- 481-494 Comprehensive needs assessment as basis for equitable distribution of nutrition education and training services
by Ahmad, Mahassen
- 495-505 Evaluation of an employee assistance program at a transportation company
by Macdonald, Scott & Lothian, Shelley & Wells, Samantha
- 507-516 The relocation of nursing home residents: An illustration of the advantages gained by planning a new program and designing an implementation evaluation together
by Grant, Peter R.
1997, Volume 20, Issue 3
- 237-249 Designing a process evaluation for a comprehensive breast cancer screening intervention: Challenges and opportunities
by Viadro, Claire I. & Earp, Jo Anne L. & Altpeter, Mary
- 251-257 The utilization of the logic model as a system level planning and evaluation device
by Julian, David A.
- 259-267 Do client characteristics predict case management activity?
by Hamner, Karl & Bryant, Deborah
- 269-277 Housing and social support needs of elderly persons: A needs assessment in an independent living facility
by Lewis, Judith S.
- 279-285 Stakeholder participation in evaluation: How important is diversity?
by Mathie, Alison & Greene, Jennifer C.
- 293-297 Introduction: Challenges of community-based program outcome evaluations
by Yin, Robert K. & Kaftarian, Shakeh J.
- 299-305 Changes in substance use patterns associated with the development of a community partnership project
by Furlong, Michael J. & Casas, J. Manuel & Corral, Carla & Gordon, Marge
- 307-313 Effects on adolescent ATOD behaviors and attitudes of a 5-year community partnership
by Shaw, Robert A. & Rosati, Michael J. & Salzman, Philip & Coles, Carol R. & McGeary, Catherine
- 315-322 Alcohol-related outcomes of the day one community partnership
by Rohrbach, Louise Ann & Johnson, C. Anderson & Mansergh, Gordon & Fishkin, Stephanie A. & Neumann, Francisca B.
- 323-333 Changing ATOD norms and behaviors: A Native American community commitment to wellness
by Rowe, Wendy E.
- 335-343 Community indicators of substance abuse: Empowering coalition planning and evaluation
by gabriel, Roy M.
- 345-355 Outcomes from CSAP's community partnership program: Findings from the national cross-site evaluation
by Yin, Robert K. & Kaftarian, Shakeh J. & Yu, Ping & Jansen, Mary A.
- 357-366 Think globally, act locally: Assessing the impact of community-based substance abuse prevention
by Saxe, Leonard & Reber, Emily & Hallfors, Denise & Kadushin, Charles & Jones, Delmos & Rindskopf, David & Beveridge, Andrew
- 367-377 Toward a framework for bridging the gap between science and practice in prevention: A focus on evaluator and practitioner perspectives
by Morrissey, Erin & Wandersman, Abraham & Seybolt, Diana & Nation, Maury & Crusto, Cindy & Davino, Katie
1997, Volume 20, Issue 2
- 117-127 Rural older adults' likelihood of receiving a personal response system: The Arkansas medicaid waiver program
by Chumbler, Neale R. & Beverly, Claudia J. & Beck, Cornelia K.
- 129-135 Quantitative and qualitative assessment of patient satisfaction in a managed care plan
by Etter, Jean-Francois & Perneger, Thomas V.
- 137-149 Treatment placement decisions: How substance abuse professionals assess and place clients
by Lordan, Edward J. & Kelley, John M. & Peters, Christopher P. & Siegfried, Robert J.
- 151-161 Health status and functioning among the homeless mentally ill: An assessment of the medical outcomes study SF-36 scales
by Wood, Patricia A. & Hurlburt, Michael S. & Hough, Richard L. & Hofstetter, C. Richard
- 163-172 Planning mental health services for children and youth: Part I--A value-based approach
by Prilleltensky, Isaac & Peirson, Leslea & Gould, Judy & Nelson, Geoffrey
- 173-183 Planning mental health services for children and youth: Part II--Findings of a value-based community consultation project
by Peirson, Leslea & Prilleltensky, Isaac & Nelson, Geoffrey & Gould, Judy
- 185-194 Satisfaction with residence and with life: When homeless mentally ill persons are housed
by Schutt, Russell K. & Goldfinger, Stephen M. & Penk, Walter E.
- 195-204 Normative evaluation of an anti-drug abuse program
by Chen, Huey-Tsyh
- 205-215 Evaluating an alcohol and drug treatment program for the homeless: An econometric approach
by Devine, Joel A. & Brody, Charles J. & Wright, James D.
- 217-224 Evaluating a community oriented primary care program: Lessons learned through a theory-oriented approach
by Rodriguez, Eunice & Mead, June P.
- 225-230 Views of selected government officials on the impact of a rural water supply program in Ghana
by Akuoko-Asibey, Augustine
- 231-235 Postmodernism comes to program evaluation III: A critical review of Stringer's Action Research: A Handbook for Practitioners
by Fishman, Daniel B.
1997, Volume 20, Issue 1
- 1-5 Evaluation, validity, and values
by Garaway, G. B.
- 7-15 Changing roles: Evaluator and teacher collaborating in school change
by Lau, Genevieve & LeMahieu, Paul
- 17-25 Enhancing the possibility of success by measuring the probability of failure in an educational program
by Brookhart, Susan M. & Casile, William J. & McCown, Rick R.
- 27-45 Risk, protective, AOD knowledge, attitude, and AOD behavior. Factors associated with characteristics of high-risk youth
by Tyler, Joanna & Lichtenstein, Carolyn
- 47-54 Reliability and validity of self-report data of homeless mentally ill individuals
by Calsyn, Robert J. & Morse, Gary A. & Klinkenberg, W. Dean & Trusty, Michael L.
- 55-56 Introduction by the guest editors
by Melkers, Julia & Roessner, David
- 57-75 Politics and the political setting as an influence on evaluation activities: National research and technology policy programs in the United States and Canada
by Melkers, Julia & Roessner, David
- 77-89 The knowledge pool: Measurement challenges in evaluating fundamental research programs
by Cozzens, Susan E.
- 91-102 Measuring the unmeasurable: Cost-benefit analysis for new business start-ups and scientific research transfers
by Papadakis, Maria & Link, Albert N.
- 103-112 Manufacturing partnerships: Evaluation in the context of government reform
by Shapira, Philip & Kingsley, Gordon & Youtie, Jan
1996, Volume 19, Issue 4
- 279-285 Introduction to the special issue: Innovative methodologies for longitudinal evaluation of human service programs
by Mowbray, Carol T. & Luke, Douglas
- 287-300 Maximizing both external and internal validity in longitudinal true experiments with voluntary treatments: The "combined modified" design
by Braver, Sanford L. & Smith, Melanie C.
- 301-308 Addressing self-selection effects in evaluations of mutual help groups and professional mental health services: An introduction to two-stage sample selection models
by Humphreys, Keith & Phibbs, Ciaran S. & Moos, Rudolf H.
- 309-319 Minimizing attrition in longitudinal studies of special populations: An integrated management approach
by Coen, Anita Saranga & Patrick, Diane C. & Shern, David L.
- 321-331 Using latent class analysis to detect behavioral patterns in systems of observational variables
by We[beta]els, Holger & Von Eye, Alexander
- 333-350 Longitudinal measurement models in evaluation research: Examining stability and change
by Pitts, Steven C. & West, Stephen G. & Tein, Jenn-Yun
- 351-363 Canonical correlation analysis of residential and vocational outcomes following psychiatric rehabilitation
by Cook, Judith A. & Razzano, Lisa & Cappelleri, Joseph C.
- 365-376 A longitudinal evaluation of a system of care for children and adolescents with a severe emotional disturbance
by Pandiani, John A. & Schacht, Lucille M. & Banks, Steven M.
- 377-389 Regression artifacts in time-series and longitudinal data
by Campbell[maltese cross], Donald T.
1996, Volume 19, Issue 3
- 183-191 Extending latent variable LISREL analyses of the 1969 Westinghouse Head Start evaluation to Blacks and full year Whites
by Wu, Ping & Campbell[maltese cross], Donald T.
- 193-198 Equivalence testing for use in psychosocial and services research: An introduction with examples
by Stegner, Bruce L. & Bostrom, Alan G. & Greenfield, Thomas K.
- 199-207 Insider/partnership evaluation: Approach and concept development
by Fox, Alan & McDermott, Fiona & Hamilton, Margaret & Toumbourou, John
- 209-218 Evaluating a national program of school-based HIV prevention
by Collins, Janet & Rugg, Deborah & Kann, Laura & Banspach, Stephen & Kolbe, Lloyd & Pateman, Beth