Evaluation and Program Planning
2005, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 95-107 A re-evaluation of New York City criminal justice projects of Fishman study
by Shiledar Baxi, Hari R.
- 109-118 Mixed-methods design for an objective-based evaluation of a magnet school assistance project
by Luo, Mingchu & Dappen, Leon
November 2004, Volume 27, Issue 4
- 371-380 Trailing research based evaluation; phases and roles
by Olsen, Odd Einar & Lindoe, Preben
- 381-396 Economic evaluation of drug court: methodology, results, and policy implications
by Logan, TK & Hoyt, William H. & McCollister, Kathryn E. & French, Michael T. & Leukefeld, Carl & Minton, Lisa
- 397-407 Multi-media campaign exposure effects on knowledge and use of condoms for STI and HIV/AIDS prevention in Uganda
by Bessinger, Ruth & Katende, Charles & Gupta, Neeru
- 409-421 Implementing the ecological approach in tobacco control programs: results of a case study
by Richard, Lucie & Lehoux, Pascale & Breton, Eric & Denis, Jean-Louis & Labrie, Louise & Leonard, Claudine
- 423-431 Successfully exiting homelessness: experiences of formerly homeless mentally ill individuals
by Thompson, Sanna J. & Pollio, David E. & Eyrich, Karin & Bradbury, Emily & North, Carol S.
- 433-442 Maximizing follow-up of adults with histories of homelessness and psychiatric disabilities
by Stefancic, Ana & Schaefer-McDaniel, Nicole J. & Davis, Andrew C. & Tsemberis, Sam
- 443-451 The system-of-care for homeless youth: perceptions of service providers
by Brooks, Ronald A. & Milburn, Norweeta G. & Jane Rotheram-Borus, Mary & Witkin, Andrea
- 453-453 Corrigendum to `Making public health programs last: conceptualizing sustainability' [Evaluation and Program Planning 27 (2004) 121-133]
by Pluye, Pierre & Potvin, Louise & Denis, Jean-Louis
August 2004, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 249-261 Sustaining collaboratives: a cross-site analysis of The National Funding Collaborative on Violence Prevention
by Rog, Debra & Boback, Nicole & Barton-Villagrana, Heather & Marrone-Bennett, Patricia & Cardwell, John & Hawdon, James & Diaz, Jessica & Jenkins, Pamela & Kridler, Jamie & Reischl, Thomas
- 263-274 Technical assistance in prevention programs: correlates of perceived need in communities that care
by Feinberg, Mark E. & Greenberg, Mark T. & Wayne Osgood, D.
- 275-285 Start at the end: empowerment evaluation product planning
by Andrews, Arlene Bowers
- 287-294 The use of rapid-feedback evaluation methods to improve the retention rates of an HIV/AIDS healthcare intervention
by McNall, Miles A. & Welch, Vincent E. & Ruh, Kari L. & Mildner, Carolyn A. & Soto, Tomas
- 295-308 How was the UNAIDS drug access initiative implemented in Chile?
by Brousselle, Astrid & Champagne, Francois
- 309-319 Diversity of drug abuse treatment utilization patterns and outcomes
by Hser, Yih-Ing & Huang, David & Teruya, Cheryl & Anglin, M. Douglas
- 321-331 Step down continuing care in the treatment of substance abuse: correlates of participation and outcome effects
by McKay, James R. & Foltz, Carol & Leahy, Peter & Stephens, Richard & Orwin, Robert G. & Crowley, Evelyn M.
- 333-334 Ethics, Evaluation and For-Profit Corporations
by Mathison, Sandra & Hatcher, Tim
- 335-340 `Somewhere out there:' a survey of the oft lone journey of evaluators working in business and industry settings
by Fawson, Trude J. & Moss-Summers, Vanessa & Marie May, Sharon
- 341-347 A critical analysis of evaluation practice: the Kirkpatrick model and the principle of beneficence
by Bates, Reid
- 349-356 Ethics in a global world: an oxymoron?
by Russ-Eft, Darlene
- 357-363 Environmental ethics as an alternative for evaluation theory in for-profit business contexts
by Hatcher, Tim
- 365-369 Not drinking the poison you name: reflections on teaching ethics to evaluators in for-profit settings
by Morris, Michael
May 2004, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 121-133 Making public health programs last: conceptualizing sustainability
by Pluye, Pierre & Potvin, Louise & Denis, Jean-Louis
- 135-149 Building capacity and sustainable prevention innovations: a sustainability planning model
by Johnson, Knowlton & Hays, Carol & Center, Hayden & Daley, Charlotte
- 151-160 Knowledge partnerships for development: what challenges for evaluation?
by Marra, Mita
- 161-169 Development costs of a computer-generated tailored intervention
by Lairson, David R. & Newmark, Georgina R. & Rakowski, William & Tiro, Jasmin A. & Vernon, Sally W.
- 187-189 Residential substance abuse treatment for pregnant and parenting women: findings from a multisite demonstration project
by Herrell, James M. & Burgdorf, Kenneth & Porowski, Allan W. & Yu, Ping
- 191-198 Effectiveness and sustainability of residential substance abuse treatment programs for pregnant and parenting women
by Porowski, Allan W. & Burgdorf, Kenneth & Herrell, James M.
- 199-204 Birth outcomes for pregnant women in residential substance abuse treatment
by Burgdorf, Kenneth & Dowell, Kathleen & Chen, Xiaowu & Roberts, Tracy & Herrell, James M.
- 205-212 Factors associated with retention of drug abusing women in long-term residential treatment
by Chen, Xiaowu & Burgdorf, Kenneth & Dowell, Kathleen & Roberts, Tracy & Porowski, Allan & Herrell, James M.
- 213-221 Effect of social support on substance abuse relapse in a residential treatment setting for women
by Ellis, Bruce & Bernichon, Tiffiny & Yu, Ping & Roberts, Tracy & Herrell, James M.
- 223-231 Predicting response to substance abuse treatment among pregnant and postpartum women
by Godley, Susan H. & Funk, Rodney R. & Dennis, Michael L. & Oberg, Deborah & Passetti, Lora
- 233-240 Economic costs of residential substance abuse treatment for pregnant and parenting women and their children
by Burgdorf, Kenneth & Layne, Mary & Roberts, Tracy & Miles, Dan & Herrell, James M.
- 241-247 Addressing the treatment needs of children affected by maternal addiction: challenges and solutions
by Conners, Nicola A. & Bokony, Patti & Whiteside-Mansell, Leanne & Bradley, Robert H. & Liu, Jeffrey
February 2004, Volume 27, Issue 1
- 1-23 Using key component profiles for the evaluation of program implementation in intensive mental health case management
by Cousins, J. Bradley & Aubry, Tim D. & Smith Fowler, Heather & Smith, Marnie
- 25-33 Proximity to needle exchange programs and HIV-related risk behavior among injection drug users in Harlem
by Schilling, Robert F. & Fontdevila, Jorge & Fernando, Daniel & El-Bassel, Nabila & Monterroso, Edgar
- 35-43 The substance abuse services cost analysis program (SASCAP): a new method for estimating drug treatment services costs
by Zarkin, Gary A. & Dunlap, Laura J. & Homsi, Ghada
- 45-58 New Jersey's Transitional Housing Demonstration Program: the relationship of service delivery structure and process to the attainment of more permanent forms of housing
by Camasso, Michael J. & Jagannathan, Radha & Walker, Carole C.
- 59-63 Publishing systematic, pragmatic case studies in program evaluation: rationale and introduction to Part II of the Special Section
by Fishman, Daniel B. & Neigher, William D.
- 65-78 Enabling and empowering practices of Kentucky's school-based family resource centers: a multiple case study
by Kalafat, John
- 79-88 The Mesquite `MicroSociety' school: identifying organizational factors that facilitate successful adoption of an innovative program
by Cherniss, Cary & Fishman, Daniel B.
- 89-103 Implementation and evaluation of urban school-wide social-emotional learning programs
by Romasz, Tanya E. & Kantor, Jennifer H. & Elias, Maurice J.
- 105-113 Publishing systematic, pragmatic case studies in program evaluation: collatoral on a `promisory note'
by Fishman, Daniel B. & Neigher, William D.
November 2003, Volume 26, Issue 4
- 355-366 Theory-driven evaluation in action: lessons from a $20 million statewide Work and Health Initiative
by Donaldson, Stewart I. & Gooler, Laura E.
- 367-377 Portfolio assessment in a collaborative program evaluation: the reliability and validity of a family literacy portfolio
by Johnson, Robert L. & Fisher, Steve & Willeke, Marjorie J. & McDaniel, Fred
- 379-392 Transitions through homelessness and factors that predict them: residential outcomes in the Chicago Target Cities treatment sample
by Orwin, Robert G. & Scott, Chris K. & R. Arieira, Carlos
- 393-402 Treatment outcomes among adolescents with substance abuse problems: the relationship between comorbidities and post-treatment substance involvement
by Shane, Patricia A. & Jasiukaitis, Paul & Green, Rex S.
- 403-412 Pathways to recovery after substance abuse treatment: leaving a life of crime behind
by Scott, Christy K. & Foss, Mark A. & Lurigio, Arthur J. & Dennis, Michael L.
- 421-428 Publishing systematic, pragmatic case studies in program evaluation: rationale and introduction to the special issue
by Fishman, Daniel B. & Neigher, William D.
- 429-440 Evaluating the impact of an electronic business system in a complex organizational setting: the case of Central Contractor Registration
by Morell, Jonathan A.
- 441-457 The process is the plan: defining strategic community futures
by Neigher, William D.
- 459-469 Changing stakeholder needs and changing evaluator roles: the Central Valley Partnership of the James Irvine foundation
by Campbell, Martha & Patton, Michael Quinn & Patrizi, Patricia
August 2003, Volume 26, Issue 3
- 229-235 Measuring outcomes and managing for results
by Schalock, Robert L. & Bonham, Gordon S.
- 237-248 They look good but don't work: a case study of global performance indicators in crime prevention
by van den Eynde, Julie & Veno, Arthur & Hart, Alison
- 249-262 Instrument for evaluating dimensions of group dynamics within community-based participatory research partnerships
by Schulz, Amy J. & Israel, Barbara A. & Lantz, Paula
- 263-274 A process evaluation of a parenting group for parents with intellectual disabilities
by Heinz, Laura C. & Grant, Peter R.
- 275-282 Effect of data collection mode on self-reported sexual and drug using behaviors for persons with severe mental illness
by Klinkenberg, W. Dean & Calsyn, Robert J. & Morse, Gary A. & McCudden, Suzanne & Richmond, Tracey & Burger, Gary K. & Petri, Pamela
- 285-286 Longitudinal evaluations of substance abuse treatment: introduction to special issue
by Dennis, Michael L. & Scott, Christy K. & Foss, Mark A.
- 287-295 Factors influencing initial and longer-term responses to substance abuse treatment: a path analysis
by Scott, Christy K. & Foss, Mark A. & Dennis, Michael L.
- 297-310 Gender differences in drug treatment outcomes among participants in the Chicago Target Cities Study
by Grella, Christine E. & Scott, Christy K. & Foss, Mark A. & Joshi, Vandana & Hser, Yih-Ing
- 311-323 The longitudinal relationship between self-help group attendance and course of recovery
by Kissin, Wendy & McLeod, Caroline & McKay, James
- 325-338 Investigating variation in the costs and benefits of addiction treatment: econometric analysis of the Chicago Target Cities Project
by Salome, Helena J. & French, Michael T. & Scott, Chris & Foss, Mark & Dennis, Michael
- 339-352 An experimental evaluation of recovery management checkups (RMC) for people with chronic substance use disorders
by Dennis, Michael & Scott, Christy K. & Funk, Rod
- 353-354 Addiction as a chronic illness--putting the concept into action
by Compton, Wilson M. & Glantz, Meyer & Delany, Peter
May 2003, Volume 26, Issue 2
- 109-121 The conflict between random assignment and treatment preference: implications for internal validity
by Corrigan, Patrick W. & Salzer, Mark S.
- 123-132 Examining drug treatment program entry of injection drug users: human capital and institutional disaffiliation
by Lundgren, Lena M. & Schilling, Robert F. & Ferguson, Faith & Davis, Karen & Amodeo, Maryann
- 133-142 Building evaluation capacity for HIV prevention programs
by Gilliam, Aisha & Barrington, Tracey & Davis, David & Lacson, Romel & Uhl, Gary & Phoenix, Ursula
- 143-147 The development and administration of the Consumer Assessments of Care by New York State Office of Mental Health downstate facilities
by Uttaro, Thomas
- 149-161 Improving process evaluations of correctional programs by using a comprehensive evaluation methodology
by Bouffard, Jeffrey A. & Taxman, Faye S. & Silverman, Rebecca
- 163-168 An introduction to issues in the evaluation of educational technology: international perspectives
by de la Teja, Ileana & Ganesan, Radha & Lundgren-Cayrol, Karin & Michael Spector, J.
- 169-176 Evaluation and research for technology: not just playing around
by Baker, Eva L. & O'Neil, Harold F.
- 177-184 Information and communication technology: models of evaluation in France
by Baron, Georges-Louis & Bruillard, Eric
- 185-192 E-learning policies, practices and challenges in two Norwegian organizations
by Welle-Strand, Anne & Thune, Taran
- 193-201 Using a web-based course-management system: an evaluation of management tasks and time implications for the instructor
by Nijhuis, Gerard Gervedink & Collis, Betty
- 203-213 Combining assessment and research during development of large technology integration projects
by Koszalka, Tiffany A. & Grabowski, Barbara L.
- 215-224 An evaluation report of multimedia environments as cognitive learning tools
by Seel, Norbert M. & Schenk, Katharina
February 2003, Volume 26, Issue 1
- 1-9 Evaluation of a school-based sex education program for low income male high school students in Chile
by Silva, Monica & Ross, Ines
- 11-19 Elimination of health disparities in racial/ethnic minority communities: developing data indicators to assess the progress of community-based efforts
by Edberg, Mark C. & Wong, Frank Y. & Woo, Violet & Doong, Tuei
- 21-27 Assessing the productivity of human service programs
by Green, Rex S.
- 29-36 Encouraging the use of codes of behaviour in evaluation practice
by Neale, Jenny & Owen, John M. & Small, Debbie
- 45-47 The TIPS evaluation project: a theory-driven approach to dissemination research
by Mulvey, Kevin P. & Hayashi, Susan W. & Hubbard, Susan M. & Kopstien, Andrea & Huang, Judy Y.
- 49-56 Use of diffusion of innovations theory to drive a federal agency's program evaluation
by Hubbard, Susan M. & Hayashi, Susan W.
- 57-67 TIPs evaluation project retrospective study: wave 1 and 2
by Hubbard, Susan M. & Mulvey, Kevin P.
- 69-79 A qualitative study of the treatment improvement protocols (TIPs): An assessment of the use of TIPs by individuals affiliated with the Addiction Technology Transfer Centers (ATTCs)
by Hayashi, Susan W. & Suzuki, Marcia & Hubbard, Susan M. & Huang, Judy Y. & Cobb, Anita M.
- 81-89 TIPs evaluation project prospective study
by Melzer, Becky A. & Hubbard, Susan M. & Huang, Judy Y.
- 91-97 Obtaining valid response rates: considerations beyond the tailored design method
by Huang, Judy Y. & Hubbard, Susan M. & Mulvey, Kevin P.
- 99-107 Application of diffusion of innovations theory to the TIPs evaluation project results and beyond
by Hubbard, Susan M. & Huang, Judy Y. & Mulvey, Kevin P.
November 2002, Volume 25, Issue 4
- 315-107 UNICEF and UNAIDS Evaluations of HIV/AIDS Programmes in sub-Saharan Africa
by Piot, Peter & Bellamy, Carol
- 317-327 Introduction
by Patel, Mahesh & Allen, Karen B. & Keatley, Robert & Jonsson, Urban
- 329-332 A meta-evaluation, or quality assessment, of the evaluations in this issue, based on the African Evaluation Guidelines: 2002
by Patel, Mahesh
- 333-339 Participatory action research on HIV/AIDS through a popular theatre approach in Tanzania
by Bagamoyo College of Arts & Tanzania Theatre Centre & Mabala, Richard & Allen, Karen B.
- 341-345 Qualitative evaluation of HIV/AIDS IEC activities in Madagascar
by Rakotonanahary, Andry & Rafransoa, Zoary & Bensaid, Khaled
- 347-356 Stigma, HIV/AIDS and prevention of mother-to-child transmission in Zambia
by Bond, Virginia & Chase, Elaine & Aggleton, Peter
- 357-363 Malawi goes to scale with anti-AIDS clubs and popular media
by Reijer, Piet & Chalimba, Miriam & Nakwagala, Abel Ayazikwa
- 365-376 Monitoring and evaluation of loveLife's AIDS prevention and advocacy activities in South Africa, 1999-2001
by Stadler, Jonathan & Hlongwa, Lindiwe
- 377-385 An impact evaluation of student teacher training in HIV/AIDS education in Zimbabwe
by Chifunyise, Tisa & Benoy, Heather & Mukiibi, Betty
- 387-396 Zimbabwe's AIDS action programme for schools
by O'Donoghue, Joan
- 397-407 Evaluation of HIV/AIDS peer education projects in Zambia
by Hughes-d'Aeth, Armand
- 433-445 Cost-benefit analysis of a PMTCT program in Mozambique
by Peffer, Dimitri & Osman, Nafissa B. & Vaz, Paula
- 447-458 Approaches to caring, essential elements for a quality service and cost-effectiveness in South Africa
by Desmond, Chris & Gow, Jeff & Loening-Voysey, Heidi & Wilson, Theresa & Stirling, Bridget
- 459-470 Families, orphans and children under stress in Zimbabwe
by Lee, Tim & Foster, Geoff & Makufa, Choice & Hinton, Sarah
- 471-479 Greater involvement of people living with HIV/AIDS in South Africa
by Simon-Meyer, Janine & Odallo, Dan
August 2002, Volume 25, Issue 3
- 203-213 The utility of modeling in evaluation planning: the case of the coordination of domestic violence services in Maryland
by Adler, Marina A.
- 215-231 Assessing and improving partnership relationships and outcomes: a proposed framework
by Brinkerhoff, Jennifer M.
- 233-243 Building evaluation capacity in human service organizations: a case study
by Stevenson, John F. & Florin, Paul & Mills, Dana Scott & Andrade, Marco
- 245-259 The effects of training community leaders in prevention science: Communities That Care in Pennsylvania
by Feinberg, Mark E. & Greenberg, Mark T. & Osgood, D. Wayne & Anderson, Amy & Babinski, Leslie
- 261-269 Increasing evaluation capacity within community-based HIV prevention programs
by Gibbs, Deborah & Napp, David & Jolly, David & Westover, Bonita & Uhl, Gary
- 271-285 Measuring access to mental health care: a multi-indicator approach to program evaluation
by Pandiani, John A. & Banks, Steven M. & Bramley, Janet & Pomeroy, Sheila & Simon, Monica
- 287-294 Evaluating admission alternatives in an outpatient substance abuse treatment program for adolescents
by Garner, Bryan R. & Godley, Susan H. & Funk, Rodney R.
- 295-302 Defining and operationalizing `research-based' prevention: a critique (with case studies) of the US Department of Education's Safe, Disciplined and Drug-Free Schools Exemplary Programs
by Gorman, D. M.
- 303-312 A cluster evaluation of Navy quality of life programs
by Schwerin, Michael J. & Michael, Paul G. & Glaser, Dale N. & Farrar, Kara L.
May 2002, Volume 25, Issue 2
- 101-105 Estimating the number of people eligible for health service use
by Smit, Filip & Reinking, Dick & Reijerse, Maayke
- 107-116 The effects of skilled health attendants on reducing maternal deaths in developing countries: testing the medical model
by Cook, Cynthia T.
- 117-124 Client preferences for STD/HIV prevention programs
by Hennessy, Michael & Mercier, Michele M. & Williams, Samantha P. & Arno, Janet N.
- 125-135 Lessons from the Broward County Mental Health Court Evaluation
by McGaha, Annette & Boothroyd, Roger A. & Poythress, Norman G. & Petrila, John & Ort, Rhonda G.
- 137-148 Benefit-cost analysis of a modified therapeutic community for mentally ill chemical abusers
by French, Michael T. & McCollister, Kathryn E. & Sacks, Stanley & McKendrick, Karen & De Leon, George
- 149-150 Special edition of the Journal of Evaluation and Program Planning
by Remenyi, Dan
- 151-158 Sustained delivery of value: the role of leadership in long-term IS effectiveness
by Bannister, Frank
- 159-165 Towards the formulation of a comprehensive framework for the evaluation of investments in sell-side e-commerce
by Doherty, Neil F. & McAulay, Laurie
- 167-173 Cost management of IT beyond cost of ownership models: a state of the art overview of the Dutch financial services industry
by van Maanen, Henno & Berghout, Egon
- 175-182 Evaluation of content activities in children's educational software
by Shiratuddin, Norshuhada & Landoni, Monica
- 183-190 A taxonomy of knowledge management software tools: origins and applications
by Tyndale, Peter
- 191-196 A study of the total life cycle costs of an E-Commerce investment. A research in progress
by Whelan, Eoin & McGrath, Fergal
February 2002, Volume 25, Issue 1
- 1-14 Participatory program planning: including program participants and evaluators
by Nichols, Laura
- 15-22 A participatory evaluation of an inner-city science enrichment program
by Quintanilla, Glenda & Packard, Thomas
- 23-33 The impact of school mapping in the development of education in Tanzania: an assessment of the experiences of six districts
by Galabawa, Justinian C. J. & Agu, Augustine Obeleagu & Miyazawa, Ichiro
- 35-46 Simulations in evaluation of training: a medical example using standardised patients
by Sanci, L. A. & Day, N. A. & Coffey, C. M. M. & Patton, G. C. & Bowes, G.
- 47-59 Integration of primary health care services: perceptions of Australian general practitioners, non-general practitioner health service providers and consumers at the general practice-primary care interface
by Southern, Donna M. & Young, Doris & Dunt, David & Appleby, Natalie J. & Batterham, Roy W.
- 61-70 Measuring quality of life changes in individuals with chronic low back conditions: a back education program evaluation
by Claiborne, Nancy & Vandenburgh, Henry & Krause, Trudy Millard & Leung, Patrick
- 71-83 Ethical issues in cost-effectiveness analysis
by Pinkerton, Steven D. & Johnson-Masotti, Ana P. & Derse, Arthur & Layde, Peter M.
- 85-93 Positive functioning: does it add validity to maladaptive functioning items?
by Karver, Marc & Bickman, Leonard
- 95-100 An illustration of the need for situational responsiveness in technology-related evaluations
by Williams, D. D. & Wilson, T. C.
November 2001, Volume 24, Issue 4
- 331-341 Effects of program and patient characteristics on retention of drug treatment patients
by Hser, Yih-Ing & Joshi, Vandana & Maglione, Margaret & Chou, Chih-Ping & Anglin, M. Douglas
- 343-352 Evaluating development programs: building joint activity
by Van Vlaenderen, H.
- 353-361 Using client exit interviews to illuminate outcomes in program logic models: a case example
by Unrau, Yvonne A.
- 375-377 Welfare reform after 5 years
by Orr, L. L.
- 379-388 State implementation of TANF: where do we stand in 2001?
by Lurie, I.
- 389-408 From support to self-sufficiency: how successful are programs in advancing the financial independence and well-being of welfare recipients?
by Long, D. A.
- 409-425 Work or welfare? Assessing the impacts of recent employment and policy changes on very young children
by Brady-Smith, Christy & Brooks-Gunn, Jeanne & Waldfogel, Jane & Fauth, Rebecca
- 427-444 Will welfare reform influence marriage and fertility? Early evidence from the ABC demonstration
by Fein, David J.
- 445-449 A welfare reform evaluation agenda
by Rolston, H.
- 451-449 Erratum to "The construction of community indexes of mental health and social and mental well-being and their application to New York City": [Evaluation and Program Planning 23 (2000) 315-327]
by Siegel, Carole & Laska, Eugene & Haugland, Gary & O'Neill, Dave & Cohen, Neal & Lesser, Michael
August 2001, Volume 24, Issue 3
- 239-247 What? Another form? The process of measuring and comparing service utilization in a community mental health program model
by Dewa, Carolyn S. & Horgan, Salinda & Russell, Marc & Keates, Jane
- 249-256 A field experiment in aging services: opportunities and obstacles in the pursuit of internal and external validity
by Caro, Francis G. & Gottlieb, Alison S.
- 257-265 Using a modification of the capture-recapture model to estimate the need for substance abuse treatment
by Maxwell, Jane Carlisle & Pullum, Thomas W.
- 267-275 School-based child care for children of teen parents: evaluation of an urban program designed to keep young mothers in school
by Crean, Hugh F. & Hightower, A. D. & Allan, Marjorie J.
- 277-285 Enhancing recruitment and data quality in a junior high school-based teen pregnancy prevention study
by Aarons, Sigrid & Rose, Allison & Walker, June & Lyles, Beverly & Jenkins, Renee & Raine, Tina
- 287-295 Outcome-asset impact model: linking outcomes and assets
by Reed, C. S. & Brown, R. E.
- 297-305 Moving forward in batterer program evaluation: posing a qualitative, woman-centered approach
by Goldman, J. & Du Mont, J.
- 307-318 Immigrants-in-context framework: understanding the interactive influence of socio-cultural contexts
by Yoshihama, Mieko
- 319-327 Can measuring results produce results: one manager's view
by Hakes, J. E.
May 2001, Volume 24, Issue 2
- 109-117 Using time-series analysis to evaluate the impact of policy initiatives in child welfare
by Albert, Vicky N.
- 119-128 The program logic model as an integrative framework for a multimethod evaluation
by Cooksy, Leslie J. & Gill, Paige & Kelly, P. Adam
- 129-143 Assessing the subsequent effect of a formative evaluation on a program
by Brown, J. Lynne & Kiernan, Nancy Ellen
- 145-155 Developing a performance management system for a Federal public health program: the Ryan White CARE ACT Titles I and II
by Kates, Jennifer & Marconi, Katherine & Mannle, Thomas E.
- 157-166 Predicting four types of service needs in older adults
by Calsyn, Robert J. & Winter, Joel P.
- 171-173 Implications for evaluation and intervention planning for special populations at risk for HIV
by Wechsberg, Wendee M. & Zule, William
- 175-185 Correlates of HIV risk among female sex partners of injecting drug users in a high-seroprevalence area
by Iguchi, Martin Y. & Bux, Donald A. & Kushner, Harvey & Lidz, Victor
- 187-206 The correlates and predictive validity of HIV risk groups among drug users in a community-based sample: methodological findings from a multi-site cluster analysis
by Dennis, Michael L. & Wechsberg, Wendee M. & McDermeit, Melissa & Campbell, R. Supatra & Rasch, Randolph R.
- 207-214 Acculturation and risky injection practices among Hispanic injectors
by Zule, W. A. & Desmond, D. P. & Medrano, M. A. & Hatch, J. P.
- 215-220 Employment status and psychological symptomatology among drug users not currently in treatment
by Johnson, Mark E. & Reynolds, Grace L. & Fisher, Dennis G.
- 221-226 HIV risk networks and HIV transmission among injecting drug users
by Neaigus, A. & Friedman, S. R. & Kottiri, B. J. & Des Jarlais, D. C.
- 227-237 Improving the quality of life among young people living with HIV
by Rotheram-Borus, Mary Jane & Murphy, Debra A. & Wight, Richard G. & Lee, Martha B. & Lightfoot, Marguerita & Swendeman, Dallas & Birnbaum, Jeffrey M. & Wright, Whitney
February 2001, Volume 24, Issue 1
- 1-11 Academic evaluators versus practitioners: alternative experiences of professionalism
by Modarresi, Shahpar & Newman, Dianna L. & Abolafia, Mitchel Y.
- 13-22 The effect of the Tarrant County drug court project on recidivism
by Bavon, A.
- 23-31 An evaluation of contracted palliative care home care services in Ontario, Canada
by Williams, Allison M. & Caron, Michelle V. & McMillan, Maria & Litkowich, Anne & Rutter, Noreen & Hartman, Arlete & Yardley, John
- 33-40 Developing evaluation capacity while improving evaluation training in public health: the American Cancer Society's Collaborative Evaluation Fellows Project
by Compton, Don & Baizerman, Michael & Preskill, Hallie & Rieker, Patricia & Miner, Kathleen
- 41-59 Approaches used in conducting health outcomes and effectiveness research
by Figueredo, Aurelio Jose & Sechrest, Lee
- 61-62 Introduction
by Newcomer, K. & Neill, S.
- 63-71 Opportunities for program evaluators to facilitate performance-based management
by Scheirer, M. A. & Newcomer, K.
- 73-81 Logic models: a systems tool for performance management
by Millar, Annie & Simeone, Ronald S. & Carnevale, John T.
- 83-94 Improving data quality for performance measures: results from a GAO study of verification and validation
by Divorski, S. & Scheirer, M. A.
- 95-101 Local government measurement use to focus on performance and results
by Bernstein, David J.
- 103-108 Evaluation and outcome measurement in the non-profit sector: stakeholder participation
by Thayer, Colette E. & Fine, Allison H.
November 2000, Volume 23, Issue 4
- 397-409 Regression artifacts and other customs of dubious desert
by Mohr, L. B.
- 411-414 Regression facts and artifacts
by Reichardt, Charles S.
- 415-417 Response to Reichardt
by Mohr, L. B.
- 419-428 Assessing program impact using latent growth modeling: a primer for the evaluator
by Hess, Brian
- 429-436 Using population-based data on alcohol consumption and related harms to estimate the relative need for alcohol services in Victoria, Australia
by Dietze, P. M. & Rumbold, G. R. & Cvetkovski, S. & Hanlin, K. J. & Laslett, A. & Jonas, H. A.
- 437-448 Impact of a vocational counselor on employment-related outcomes among methadone patients
by Appel, P. W. & Smith, R. & Schmeidler, J. B. & Randell, J.
- 449-459 Building a worldwide evaluation community: past, present, and future
by Love, A. J. & Russon, C.
- 461-470 Responding to ambiguity, responding to change the value of a responsive approach to evaluation
by Abma, T. A.
August 2000, Volume 23, Issue 3
- 267-279 Evaluating the role of waivers in systemic school reform
by Hodge, Warren A. & Jones, Joyce T.
- 281-291 Defacto client-treatment matching: how clinicians make referrals to outpatient treatments for substance use
by Breslin, F. Curtis & Gladwin, Christina H. & Borsoi, Diane & Cunningham, John A.
- 293-300 An evaluation of a patient satisfaction survey: validity and reliability
by Dufrene, Roxane L.
- 301-313 HIV risk reduction among injection drug users: explaining the lack of anticipated outcomes in a community-level controlled comparison study
by Schilling, Robert F. & Fernando, Daniel & Fontdevila, Jorge & El-Bassel, Nabila
- 315-327 The construction of community indexes of mental health and social and mental well-being and their application to New York City
by Siegel, Carole & Laska, Eugene & Haugland, Gary & O'Neill, Dave & Cohen, Neal & Lesser, Michael
- 337-339 Breaking new frontiers: outcome evaluations of community-based program
by Kaftarian, Shakeh J. & Yu, Ping
- 341-346 Predicting intermediate outcomes for prevention coalitions: a developmental perspective
by Florin, Paul & Mitchell, Roger & Stevenson, John & Klein, Ilene
- 347-353 Reducing births of drug-affected babies: a retrospective analysis of archival data and a community wide effort
by Gabriel, Roy M. & Mondeaux, Frank P. & Laws, Katherine E. & Hahn, Karen J. & Weaver, David
- 355-363 Ensuring a prevention presence when coalitions falter: a case study of a community coalitions demonstration project
by Lackey, Jill Florence & Welnetz, Tim & Balistrieri, Matt
- 365-371 The protective function of after-school programming and parent education and support for students at risk for substance abuse
by Morrison, Gale M. & Storino, Meri H. & Robertson, Laurel M. & Weissglass, Theresa & Dondero, Alicia
- 373-379 Capacity for effectiveness: the relationship between coalition structure and community impact
by Hays, C. E. & Hays, S. P. & DeVille, J. O. & Mulhall, P. F.
- 381-388 Prevention actions and activities make a difference: a structural equation model of coalition building
by Crowley, Kathleen M. & Yu, Ping & Kaftarian, Shakeh J.
- 389-395 Getting to outcomes: a results-based approach to accountability
by Wandersman, Abraham & Imm, Pamela & Chinman, Matthew & Kaftarian, Shakeh
May 2000, Volume 23, Issue 2
- 139-147 Meta-needs assessment
by Gaber, J.
- 149-155 A comparison of paper vs computer-assisted self interview for school alcohol, tobacco, and other drug surveys
by Hallfors, Denise & Khatapoush, Shereen & Kadushin, Charles & Watson, Kim & Saxe, Leonard
- 157-163 An early stage evaluation model for assessing the effectiveness of comprehensive community initiatives: three case studies in Nebraska
by Murphy-Berman, Virginia & Schnoes, Connie & Chambers, Jeff M.
- 165-175 Adolescent satisfaction with mental health services: development of a multidimensional scale
by Garland, Ann F. & Saltzman, Marla D. & Aarons, Gregory A.