December 1999, Volume 62, Issue 3
November 1999, Volume 62, Issue 2
- 73-85 Participatory Rural Appraisal: extending the research methods base
by Loader, R. & Amartya, L.
- 87-103 A systems approach to comparing indigenous and scientific knowledge: consistency and discriminatory power of indigenous and laboratory assessment of the nutritive value of tree fodder
by Walker, D. H. & Thorne, P. J. & Sinclair, F. L. & Thapa, B. & Wood, C. D. & Subba, D. B.
- 105-116 Validation of multicriteria analysis models
by Qureshi, M. E. & Harrison, S. R. & Wegener, M. K.
- 117-129 Multicriterion decision making in irrigation planning
by Raju, K. S & Kumar, D. N
- 131-141 Fractional programming: a tool for the assessment of sustainability
by Lara, P. & Stancu-Minasian, I.
October 1999, Volume 62, Issue 1
- 1-15 The promising impact of ley introduction and herd expansion on soil organic matter content in southern Mali
by Bosma, R. H. & Bos, M. & Kante, S. & Kebe, D. & Quak, W.
- 17-28 Dynamic programming to determine optimum investments in information technology on dairy farms
by van Asseldonk, M. A. P. M. & Huirne, R. B. M. & Dijkhuizen, A. A. & Beulens, A. J. M.
- 29-49 Frame-based modelling as a method of simulating rangeland production systems in the long term
by Hahn, B. D. & Richardson, F. D. & Starfield, A. M.
- 51-67 Exploring changes in the spatial distribution of livestock in China
by Verburg, P. H. & Keulen, H. van
- 69-67 Book reviews
by Parish, Dennis H.
- 70-71 Book reviews
by Boote, Ken J.
September 1999, Volume 61, Issue 3
- 151-164 A model to find and test decision rules for turnout date and grazing area allocation for a dairy cow system in spring
by Coleno, F. C. & Duru, M.
- 165-178 A bioeconomic decision model comparing composted and fresh litter for winter squash
by Andrews, S. S. & Lohr, L. & Cabrera, M. L.
- 179-189 A management approach to change on farms
by Gafsi, M.
- 191-205 Institutional management regimes for pricing of irrigation water: the French model -- lessons for India
by Nagaraj, N.
- 207-221 Dynamics of a sheep population in a Sahelian area (Ndiagne district in Senegal): a periodic matrix model
by Lesnoff, M.
- 223-224 Book review
by de Leeuw, Peter
August 1999, Volume 61, Issue 2
- 77-93 Multi-scale modelling of land use change dynamics in Ecuador
by de Koning, G. H. J. & Verburg, P. H. & Veldkamp, A. & Fresco, L. O.
- 95-107 A predictive model for beef cattle growth and carcass composition
by Kilpatrick, D. J. & Steen, R. W. J.
- 109-121 Quantification of land use systems using technical coefficient generators: a case study for the Northern Atlantic zone of Costa Rica
by Hengsdijk, H. & Bouman, B. A. M. & Nieuwenhuyse, A. & Jansen, H. G. P.
- 123-134 On the estimation of on-farm benefits of agricultural research
by Pannell, D. J.
- 135-146 Exploring the link between farmers' objectives and the phenomenon of pasture degradation in the beef production systems of Central Brazil
by Costa, F. P. & Rehman, T.
- 147-146 Book reviews
by Thorpe, B.
- 148-149 Book review
by Muinga, R.
July 1999, Volume 61, Issue 1
- 1-16 Modelling non-structural carbohydrates in forage grasses with weather data
by Wulfes, R. & Nyman, P. & Kornher, A.
- 17-31 Economic optimization of dairy heifer management decisions
by Mourits, M. C. M. & Huirne, R. B. M. & Dijkhuizen, A. A. & Kristensen, A. R. & Galligan, D. T.
- 33-44 A conceptual model for analysing input-output coefficients in arable farming systems: from diagnosis towards design
by de Koeijer, T. J. & Wossink, G. A. A. & van Ittersum, M. K. & Struik, P. C. & Renkema, J. A.
- 45-56 Analyzing agricultural demand for water with an optimizing model
by Amir, I. & Fisher, F. M.
- 57-68 Optimal rotation of peanuts and cotton to manage soil-borne organisms
by Taylor, C. R. & Rodriguez-Kabana, R.
- 69-75 Model-based technique to determine variable rate nitrogen for corn
by Paz, J. O. & Batchelor, W. D. & Babcock, B. A. & Colvin, T. S. & Logsdon, S. D. & Kaspar, T. C. & Karlen, D. L.
June 1999, Volume 60, Issue 3
- 157-167 Toward integrated assessment in agriculture
by Bland, W. L.
- 169-174 Modeling digestibility dynamics in leaf segments in a grass: a new approach to forage quality changes in a growing plant
by Hirata, M.
- 175-196 EPICphase, a version of the EPIC model simulating the effects of water and nitrogen stress on biomass and yield, taking account of developmental stages: validation on maize, sunflower, sorghum, soybean and winter wheat
by Cabelguenne, M. & Debaeke, P. & Bouniols, A.
- 197-212 Land allocation conditioned on El Nino-Southern Oscillation phases in the Pampas of Argentina
by Messina, C. D. & Hansen, J. W. & Hall, A. J.
- 213-225 The effect of the use of improved climate forecasts on variable costs, input usage, and production
by Mjelde, J. W. & Hill, H. S. J.
May 1999, Volume 60, Issue 2
- 77-86 Long-term assessment of nitrogen and variety technologies on attainable maize yields in Nigeria using CERES-maize
by Jagtap, S. S. & Abamu, F. J. & Kling, J. G.
- 87-98 Assessment of production risk in grazing models
by Cacho, O. J. & Bywater, A. C. & Dillon, J. L.
- 99-112 Environmental-economic decision-making in lowland irrigated agriculture using multi-criteria analysis techniques
by Tiwari, D. N. & Loof, R. & Paudyal, G. N.
- 113-122 Survival of the fittest--genetic algorithms versus evolution strategies in the optimization of systems models
by Mayer, D. G. & Belward, J. A. & Widell, H. & Burrage, K.
- 123-135 Modeling nitrogen cycling in tomato-safflower and tomato-wheat rotations
by Cavero, J. & Plant, R. E. & Shennan, C. & Friedman, D. B. & Williams, J. R. & Kiniry, J. R. & Benson, V. W.
- 137-155 Replanting strategies for grain sorghum under risk
by Williams, J. R. & DeLano, D. R. & Heiniger, R. W. & Vanderlip, R. L. & Llewelyn, R. V.
May 1999, Volume 60, Issue 1
- 1-16 Impact of policy interventions on land management in Honduras: results of a bioeconomic model
by Barbier, B. & Bergeron, G.
- 17-53 Methodological proposal for modelling and implementing regulation application problems in a knowledge-based system
by Recio, B. & Acuna, S. T. & Juristo, N.
- 55-69 Effects of climatic and price uncertainty on the value of legume crops in a Mediterranean-type environment
by Schilizzi, S. G. M. & Kingwell, R. S.
March 1999, Volume 59, Issue 3
- 245-255 DAIRYPRO--a knowledge-based decision support system for strategic planning on sub-tropical dairy farms. I. System description
by Kerr, D. V. & Cowan, R. T. & Chaseling, J.
- 257-266 DAIRYPRO--a knowledge-based decision support system for strategic planning on sub-tropical dairy farms. II. Validation
by Kerr, D. V. & Chaseling, J. & Chopping, G. D. & Cowan, R. T.
- 267-282 An application of data envelopment analysis to irrigated dairy farms in Northern Victoria, Australia
by Fraser, I. & Cordina, D.
- 283-299 Risks of post-emergence weed control strategies in sugar beet: development and application of a bio-economic model
by de Buck, A. J. & Schoorlemmer, H. B. & Wossink, G. A. A. & Janssens, S. R. M.
- 301-310 Risk assessment for sudden death syndrome of soybean in the north-central United States
by Scherm, H. & Yang, X. B.
- 311-325 Modelling multiple objectives of land use for sustainable development
by Zander, P. & Kachele, H.
February 1999, Volume 59, Issue 2
- 107-122 Analysis of yield, sowing and flowering dates of barley of field survey results in Spain
by Supit, I. & Wagner, W.
- 123-144 Modelling expert knowledge with knowledge-based systems to design decision aids : The example of a knowledge-based model on grazing management
by Girard, N. & Hubert, B.
- 145-161 Exploring options for sustainable beef cattle ranching in the humid tropics: a case study for the Atlantic Zone of Costa Rica
by Bouman, B. A. M. & Nieuwenhuyse, A.
- 163-176 Probit analysis of livestock producers' demand for private veterinary services in the high potential agricultural areas of Kenya
by Tambi, N. E. & Mukhebi, W. A. & Maina, W. O. & Solomon, H. -M.
- 177-191 Population dynamics and crop yield effects of nematodes and white mold in peanuts, cotton and velvet beans
by Taylor, C. R. & Rodriguez-Kabana, R.
- 193-214 Community history and rural development: why some farmers participate more readily than others
by Walters, B. B. & Cadelina, A. & Cardano, A. & Visitacion, E.
- 215-239 Development of a simulation model for studying kiwi fruit orchard management
by Lescourret, F. & Blecher, N. & Habib, R. & Chadoeuf, J. & Agostini, D. & Pailly, O. & Vaissiere, B. & Poggi, I.
- 241-242 Book Review
- 242-244 Book Review
January 1999, Volume 59, Issue 1
- 1-25 The effects of wealth on livestock dynamics among the Datoga pastoralists of Tanzania
by Sieff, Daniela F.
- 27-39 A dynamical systems model of the interaction of earthworms with plant litter quality and quantity
by Kopetschny, S. & Wake, G. C. & Lambert, M. G. & Louie, K. & Springett, J. A.
- 41-55 Evapotranspiration predictions: a comparison among GLEAMS, Opus, PRZM-2, and RZWQM models in a humid and thermic climate
by Ma, Q. L. & Hook, J. E. & Wauchope, R. D.
- 57-66 Large-scale simulation of wheat yields in a semi-arid environment using a crop-growth model
by Chipanshi, A. C. & Ripley, E. A. & Lawford, R. G.
- 67-78 Modelling operational adaptations of tactical production plans on pot plant nurseries: a simulation approach
by Leutscher, K. J. & Renkema, J. A. & Challa, H.
- 79-98 Measuring the costs of African animal trypanosomosis, the potential benefits of control and returns to research
by Kristjanson, P. M. & Swallow, B. M. & Rowlands, G. J. & Kruska, R. L. & de Leeuw, P. N.
December 1998, Volume 58, Issue 4
- 483-503 Multicriteria aid for agricultural decisions using preference relations: methodology and application
by Hayashi, Kiyotada
- 505-527 Modelling farm diversity: new approaches to typology building in France
by Landais, E.
- 529-554 Integrated decision making for reservoir, irrigation, and crop management
by Evers, A. J. M. & Elliott, R. L. & Stevens, E. W.
- 555-570 Modeling the alfalfa stem nematode in irrigated alfalfa
by Sperow, M. & Lybecker, D. W.
November 1998, Volume 58, Issue 3
- 285-307 Sustainable land use and food security in developing countries: DLV's approach to policy support
by van Keulen, Herman & Kuyvenhoven, Arie & Ruben, Ruerd
- 309-330 Exploratory land use studies and their role in strategic policy making
by van Ittersum, M. K. & Rabbinge, R. & van Latesteijn, H. C.
- 331-349 Integrating agricultural research and policy analysis: analytical framework and policy applications for bio-economic modelling
by Ruben, Ruerd & Moll, Henk & Kuyvenhoven, Arie
- 351-366 Research needs and methods for decentralised economic planning
by Keyzer, Michiel A. & Voortman, Roelf L.
- 367-380 Can agricultural sector models be a tool for policy analysis? An application for the case of Burkina Faso
by Deybe, D.
- 381-394 Quantitative analysis of farming systems for policy formulation: development of new tools
by Hengsdijk, H. & van Ittersum, M. K. & Rossing, W. A. H.
- 395-415 Technology, location and trade: Kenyan vegetables
by Kamau, Mercy & Mills, Bradford F.
- 417-439 Quantification of aggregation bias in regional agricultural land use models: application to Guacimo county, Costa Rica
by Jansen, Hans G. P. & Stoorvogel, Jetse J.
- 441-464 Adoption of improved land use technologies to increase food security in Burkina Faso: relating animal traction, productivity, and non-farm income
by Savadogo, Kimseyinga & Reardon, Thomas & Pietola, Kyosti
- 465-481 Agrarian policies for sustainable land use: bio-economic modelling to assess the effectiveness of policy instruments
by Kruseman, Gideon & Bade, Jan
October 1998, Volume 58, Issue 2
- 129-146 Erosion/productivity modelling of maize farming in the Philippine uplands: Part I: parameterising the Agricultural Production Systems Simulator
by Nelson, R.A. & Dimes, J.P. & Paningbatan, E.P. & Silburn, D.M.
- 147-163 Erosion/productivity modelling of maize farming in the Philippine uplands: Part II: simulation of alternative farming methods
by Nelson, R.A & Dimes, J.P & Silburn, D.M & Paningbatan, E.P & Cramb, R.A
- 165-183 Erosion/productivity modelling of maize farming in the Philippine uplands: Part III: economic analysis of alternative farming methods
by Nelson, R.A. & Cramb, R.A. & Mamicpic, M.A.
- 185-201 A linear programming formulation of the Markovian decision process approach to modelling the dairy replacement problem
by Yates, C.M. & Rehman, T.
- 203-224 Empirical models of farmer behaviour using psychological, social and economic variables. Part I: linear modelling
by Austin, E.J & Willock, J & Deary, I.J & Gibson, G.J & Dent, J.B & Edwards-Jones, G & Morgan, O & Grieve, R & Sutherland, A
- 225-241 Empirical models of farmer behaviour using psychological, social and economic variables. Part II: nonlinear and expert modelling
by Austin, E.J. & Willock, J. & Deary, I.J. & Gibson, G.J. & Dent, J.B. & Edwards-Jones, G. & Morgan, O. & Grieve, R. & Sutherland, A.
- 243-251 Tabu search not an optimal choice for models of agricultural systems
by Mayer, D.G. & Belward, J.A. & Burrage, K.
- 253-268 Shifting from extensive to intensive agricultural systems: a case study in the Sudan
by Ahmed, Mohamed M & Sanders, John H
September 1998, Volume 58, Issue 1
- 1-24 Simulation of phenological development of wheat crops
by Wang, Enli & Engel, Thomas
- 25-37 Field time constraints for farm planning models
by Etyang, Martin N. & Preckel, Paul V. & Binkley, James K. & Doster, D. Howard
- 39-55 Optimal furrow irrigation scheduling under heterogeneous conditions
by Raghuwanshi, N. S. & Wallender, W. W.
- 57-85 EXSYS, an expert system for diagnosing flowerbulb diseases, pests and non-parasitic disorders
by Kramers, M. A. & Conijn, C. G. M. & Bastiaansen, C.
- 87-106 Simulation of elevated CO2 effects on daily net canopy carbon assimilation and crop yield
by Melkonian, J. & Riha, S. J. & Wilks, D. S.
- 107-128 An analysis of commercial vegetable farms in relation to sustainability in the uplands of Southeast Asia
by Poudel, D. D. & Midmore, D. J. & Hargrove, W. L.
August 1998, Volume 57, Issue 4
- 489-503 Expected effects of devaluation on cereal production in the Sudanian Region of Mali
by Coulibaly, Ousmane & Vitale, Jeffrey D. & Sanders, John H.
- 505-521 A conceptual approach to dynamic agricultural land-use modelling
by Thornton, P. K. & Jones, P. G.
- 523-540 Assessing the effects of land management and catchment hydrology on well water quality in a designated nitrate vulnerable zone
by Trabada-Crende, F. & Vinten, A. J. A.
- 541-556 Modelling farmer behaviour: a personal construct theory interpretation of hierarchical decision models
by Murray-Prior, Roy
- 557-569 The use of a phenology model and of risk analyses for planning buckwheat (Fagopyrum esculentum) sowing dates in Alpine areas
by Baumgartner, Johann & Schilperoord, Per & Basetti, Paolo & Baiocchi, Alberto & Jermini, Mauro
- 571-584 The impact of river access rules on dairy farm incomes: A case study of the Williams River
by Brennan, D.
- 585-597 An optimization model for zero-excess phosphorus management
by Alocilja, Evangelyn C.
- 599-630 Energy utilization in crop and dairy production in organic and conventional livestock production systems
by Refsgaard, Karen & Halberg, Niels & Kristensen, Erik Steen
July 1998, Volume 57, Issue 3
- 227-229 Editorial introduction
by White, David H.
- 231-258 Evolution of drought policy and related science in Australia and South Africa
by O'Meagher, B. & du Pisani, L. G. & White, D. H.
- 259-270 A framework for estimating the extent and severity of drought, based on a grazing system in south-eastern Australia
by White, David H. & Howden, S. Mark & Walcott, James J. & Cannon, Rob M.
- 271-299 Assessing the historical frequency of drought events on grazing properties in Australian rangelands
by Smith, D. M. Stafford & McKeon, G. M.
- 301-313 Using the GrassGro decision support tool to evaluate some objective criteria for the definition of exceptional drought
by Donnelly, J. R. & Freer, M. & Moore, A. D.
- 315-332 Assessing exceptional drought with a cropping systems simulator: a case study for grain production in northeast Australia
by Keating, B. A. & Meinke, H.
- 333-350 Objective criteria for estimating the severity of drought in the wheat cropping areas of Australia
by Stephens, David J.
- 351-365 Framework for forecasting the extent and severity of drought in maize in the Free State Province of South Africa
by de Jager, J. M. & Potgieter, A. B. & van den Berg, W. J.
- 367-380 Assessing rangeland drought in South Africa
by du Pisani, L. G. & Fouche, H. J. & Venter, J. C.
- 381-398 Evaluation of strategies for tracking climatic variation in semi-arid grazing systems
by Illius, A. W. & Derry, J. F. & Gordon, I. J.
- 399-468 The current and potential operational uses of remote sensing to aid decisions on drought exceptional circumstances in Australia: a review
by McVicar, Tim R. & Jupp, David L. B.
- 469-488 Exceptional circumstances provisions in Australia--is there too much emphasis on drought?
by Thompson, David & Powell, Roy
June 1998, Volume 57, Issue 2
- 121-134 Evaluating CropSyst simulations of wheat management in a wheat-fallow region of the US pacific northwest
by Pannkuk, C. D. & Stockle, C. O. & Papendick, R. I.
- 135-159 Co-ordination processes in a collectively managed cropping system: Double cropping of irrigated rice in Senegal
by Le Gal, Pierre-Yves & Papy, Francois
- 161-195 RZWQM: Simulating the effects of management on water quality and crop production
by Hanson, J. D. & Ahuja, L. R. & Shaffer, M. D. & Rojas, K. W. & DeCoursey, D. G. & Farahani, H. & Johnson, K.
- 197-225 A generic model of hierarchy for systems analysis and simulation
by Caldwell, Robert M. & Fernandez, Anthony A. J.
May 1998, Volume 57, Issue 1
- 1-11 Optimal input cost sharing for tenants: Implications for negotiating efficiency
by Paudel, Krishna P. & Lohr, Luanne & Martin, Neil R.
- 13-41 Agroecological aspects of evaluating agricultural R&D
by Wood, Stanley & Pardey, Philip G.
- 43-63 Exploring the scope for improving biocontrol of black vine weevil, Otiorhynchus sulcatus, with Heterorhabditis spp. at low temperatures: A simulation study
by Westerman, P. R. & van der Werf, W.
- 65-75 Agroecosystem responses to organic and conventional management practices
by Waldon, Hollis & Gliessman, Stephen & Buchanan, Marc
- 77-100 Influence of tractor wheel tracks and crusts/seals on runoff: Observations and simulations with the RZWQM
by Ma, Q. L. & Wauchope, R. D. & Hook, J. E. & Johnson, A. W. & Truman, C. C. & Dowler, C. C. & Gascho, G. J. & Davis, J. G. & Summer, H. R. & Chandler, L. D.
- 101-114 Adaptability of improved rice varieties in senegal
by Sall, Samba & Norman, David & Featherstone, Allen M.
- 115-119 Model validation through the linear regression fit to actual versus predicted values
by Analla, M.
April 1998, Volume 56, Issue 4
- 391-414 Application of epic model to nitrogen cycling in irrigated processing tomatoes under different management systems
by Cavero, J. & Plant, R. E. & Shennan, C. & Williams, J. R. & Kiniry, J. R. & Benson, V. W.
- 415-429 The intertemporal impact of soil erosion on non-uniform soil profiles: A new direction in analyzing erosion impacts
by Hoag, Dana L.
- 431-442 Developing alternative farm plans for cropping system decision making
by Abdulkadri, Abdullahi O. & Ajibefun, Igbekele A.
- 443-465 Why energy productivity is increasing: An I-O analysis of Swedish agriculture
by Uhlin, Hans-Erik
- 467-482 Fertilizer use in semiarid West Africa: Profitability and supporting policy
by Shapiro, B. I. & Sanders, J. H.
- 483-511 Parameterization, verification, and validation of a physiologically complex age-structured rice simulation model
by Wu, G. W. & Wilson, L. T.
- 513-531 Management unit size and efficiency gains from nitrogen fertilizer application
by Thrikawala, Sunil & Weersink, Alfons & Kachanoski, Gary
March 1998, Volume 56, Issue 3
- 269-287 Farmers' adoptability of Mucuna fallowing and agroforestry technologies in the coastal savanna of Benin
by Versteeg, M. N. & Amadji, F. & Eteka, A. & Gogan, A & Koudokpon, V.
- 289-304 An analysis of agricultural price and research policies in Chile
by Ortiz, Jaime
- 305-322 Modeling the relationship between reproductive performance and net-revenue in dairy herds
by Plaizier, J. C. B. & King, G. J. & Dekkers, J. C. M. & Lissemore, K.
- 323-340 Analysis of the rational long-term herbicide use: Evidence for herbicide efficacy and critical weed kill rate as key factors
by Wallinga, Jacco
- 341-363 Acquiring qualitative knowledge about complex agroecosystems. Part 1: Representation as natural language
by Sinclair, F. L. & Walker, D. H.
- 365-386 Acquiring qualitative knowledge about complex agroecosystems. Part 2: Formal representation
by Walker, D. H. & Sinclair, F. L.
- 387-388 Science, agriculture and food security : Joseph H. Hulse. NRC Research Press, Ottawa, 1995. 242 pp. Price $45.00. ISBN 0 660 16210 5
by Lipner, Michele
- 388-389 Introduction to practical linear programming : D. J. Pannell. Wiley, New York, 1996. 333 pp. Price US$ 59.95 (cloth). ISBN 0 471 51789 5
by McGregor, Murray
February 1998, Volume 56, Issue 2
- 145-165 The development of a quantitative method for setting research priorities: A critical assessment
by Nibbering, Jan Willem & van Rheenen, Teunis
- 167-183 A systems approach to analyse the effects of Flemish manure policy on structural changes and cost abatement in pig farming
by Lauwers, L. & Van Huylenbroeck, G. & Martens, L.
- 185-207 An expert system for the management of Botrytis cinerea in Australian vineyards. I. Development
by Ellison, Patricia & Ash, Gavin & McDonald, Craig
- 209-224 An expert system for the management of Botrytis cinerea in Australian vineyards. II. Validation
by Ellison, Patricia & Ash, Gavin & McDonald, Craig
- 225-251 Catchment management for dryland salinity control: Model analysis for the Liverpool plains in New South Wales
by Greiner, Romy
- 253-264 On trade-offs in low-input agroecosystems
by Viglizzo, E. F. & Roberto, Z. E.
- 265-266 Agriculture and the citizen : Colin R. W. Spedding. Chapman and Hall, 1996. 282 pp. Price: [pound sign]4.95 (paperback). ISBN 0 412 71520 1
by Tanner, Jon
- 267-268 Focusing livestock systems research : Edited by A. C. W. Roeleveld and A. Van der Broek. Royal Tropical Institute (KIT), Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1996. 151 pp. Price: Dfl 45 (paperback). ISBN 90 6832 085 8
by de Leeuw, Peter
January 1998, Volume 56, Issue 1
- 1-28 APSIM's water and nitrogen modules and simulation of the dynamics of water and nitrogen in fallow systems
by Probert, M. E. & Dimes, J. P. & Keating, B. A. & Dalal, R. C. & Strong, W. M.
- 29-44 Optimising silage harvesting plans in a grass and grazing simulation using the revised simplex method and a genetic algorithm
by Parsons, D. J.
- 45-65 Modelling decision-making processes for annual crop management
by Aubry, C. & Papy, F. & Capillon, A.
- 67-89 Pollination and fruit growth models for studying the management of kiwifruit orchards. I. Models description
by Lescourret, Francoise & Habib, R. & Genard, M. & Agostini, Dominique & Chadoeuf, J.
- 91-123 Pollination and fruit growth models for studying the management of kiwifruit orchards. II. Models behaviour
by Lescourret, Francoise & Genard, M. & Habib, R. & Pailly, O.
- 125-144 Modelling the economics of animal health control programs using dynamic programming
by Hall, David C. & Kaiser, Harry M. & Blake, Robert W.
December 1997, Volume 55, Issue 4
- 481-501 Simulating nitrogen management effects of subsurface drainage water quality
by Azevedo, A. S. & Singh, P. & Kanwar, R. S. & Ahuja, L. R.
- 503-533 A quantitative approach for assessing the productive performance and ecological contributions of smallholder farms
by Dalsgaard, J. P. T. & Oficial, R. T.
- 535-582 GRAZPLAN: Decision support systems for Australian grazing enterprises. III. Pasture growth and soil moisture submodels, and the GrassGro DSS
by Moore, A. D. & Donnelly, J. R. & Freer, M.
- 583-599 Integrating economic data with spatial biophysical data to analyse profitability and risks of wheat production on a regional basis
by Saunders, Lindsay S. & Webb, Trevor H. & Barringer, James R. F.
- 601-626 A review and evaluation of agroecosystem health analysis: The role of economics
by Yiridoe, Emmanuel K. & Weersink, Alfons
- 627-629 Rural economic modelling: An input-output approach : Edited by P. Midmore and L. Harrison-Mayfield. CAB International, Wallingford, 1996, 113 pp. Price: [pound sign]27.50 or $49.95 (hardback). ISBN 0 85199 112 2
by Feijoo-Bello, Maria L
- 629-630 Sustainability: A systems approach : Anthony M. H. Clayton and Nicholas J. Radcliffe. London: Earthscan Publications Limited, 1996. Pp. xiv + 258. Price: [pound sign]35.00 (hardback); [pound sign]15.95 (paperback). ISBN 1 85383 319 3 and ISBN 1 85383 314 2
by Babu, P. V. Subhash Chandra
- 630-632 Agricultural and environmental research in small countries: Innovative approaches to strategic planning : Pablo Eyzaguirre. John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1996. 231 pp. Price: [pound sign]24.95 (hardcover). ISBN 0 471 96074 8
by Benson, Todd
November 1997, Volume 55, Issue 3
- 347-358 Adoption of innovations in the north Queensland beef industry. III: Implications for extension management
by Frank, B. R.
- 359-384 Modelling sheath blight epidemics on rice tillers
by Savary, S. & Willocquet, L. & Teng, P. S.
- 385-408 Pasture performance and sustainability in the Peruvian Amazon: Results of long-term on-farm research
by Loker, William & Vera, Raul & Reategui, Keneth
- 409-423 Farmer perceptions of weed control techniques in sugarbeet
by Wossink, G. A. A. & de Buck, A. J. & van Niejenhuis, J. H. & Haverkamp, H. C. M.
- 425-444 The production objectives and feeding strategies of ruminant livestock owners in the Gambia: Implications for policy makers
by Bennison, J. J. & Barton, D. & Jaitner, J.
- 445-459 Modelling chaotic behaviour in agricultural prices using a discrete deterministic nonlinear price model
by Bacsi, Zsuzsanna
- 461-471 Uncertainty analysis for knowledge-based decision aids: Application to PDSS (phosphorus decision support system)
by Chen, G. & Yost, R. S. & Li, Z. C. & Wang, X. & Cox, F. R.
- 473-474 Modelling the impact of climate change on rice production in Asia : Edited by R. B. Matthews, M. J. Kropff, D. Bachelet and H. H. van Laar. Wallingford, UK. CAB International in association with the International Rice Research Institute, 1995. 289 pp. Price: US$90[middle dot]00 (hardback). ISBN 0 8519 8959 4
by Baethgen, Walter E.
- 474-476 Transforming agrarian economies: Opportunities seized, opportunities missed : Thomas P. Tomich, Peter Kilby and Bruce E. Johnston. Cornell University Press, Ithaca and London, 1995. 474 pp. Price: not given (paperback). ISBN 0 8014 8245 3
by Bumb, Balu L.
- 477-478 Governments, farmers and seeds in a changing Africa : Elizabeth Cromwell. CAB International, Wallingford, UK, 1996. 176 pp. Price: [pound sign]30[middle dot]00 (hardback). ISBN 0 8519 8976 4
by Jones, Richard
- 478-480 Fragile lives in fragile ecosystems : International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), Manila, Philippines, 1995. 976 pp. Price: HDC US $165.00, LDC US $43.00 (paperback). ISBN 971 22 0073 6
by Dingkuhn, Michael
October 1997, Volume 55, Issue 2
- 145-153 Editorial introduction
by Farrington, John & Shaxson, Louise & Gordon, Ann
- 155-172 Approaches to address gender specific needs in relation to access to technological change
by Goldey, Patricia & Le Breton, Shelley & Martin, Adrienne & Marcus, Rachel
- 173-193 Stakeholder methodologies in natural resource management: a review of principles, contexts, experiences and opportunities
by Grimble, Robin & Wellard, Kate
- 195-216 Participatory research methods--Implementation, effectiveness and institutional context
by Martin, Adrienne & Sherington, John
- 217-237 Knowledge in action: Local knowledge as a development resource and barriers to its incorporation in natural resource research and development
by Blaikie, Piers & Brown, Katrina & Stocking, Michael & Tang, Lisa & Dixon, Peter & Sillitoe, Paul
- 239-256 Developing farm management type methods for participatory needs assessment
by Dorward, P. T. & Shepherd, D. D. & Wolmer, W. L.
- 257-272 Systems methodologies for sustainable natural resources research and development
by Ison, R. L. & Maiteny, P. T. & Carr, S.
- 273-300 Methodologies for monitoring and evaluating agricultural and natural resources research
by Farrington, John & Thirtle, Colin & Henderson, Simon
- 301-322 Promotion and uptake pathways for research output: a review of analytical frameworks and communication channels
by Garforth, Chris & Usher, Richard
- 323-345 The economic analysis of commodity systems: Extending the Policy Analysis Matrix to account for environmental effects and transactions costs
by Kydd, Jonathan & Pearce, Richard & Stockbridge, Michael
September 1997, Volume 55, Issue 1
- 1-17 Exploring land use scenarios, an alternative approach based on actual land use
by Veldkamp, A. & Fresco, L.O.
- 19-43 Reconstructing land use drivers and their spatial scale dependence for Costa Rica (1973 and 1984)
by Veldkamp, A. & Fresco, L.O.
- 45-70 Spatial stratification of Western Kenya as a basis for research on soil fertility management
by Carter, Simon E.
- 71-97 Farm management and protection of natural resources: Analysis of adaptation process and dependence relationships
by Gafsi, M. & Brossier, J.
- 99-121 The economics of short rotation improved fallows: evidence from areas of high population density in Western Kenya
by Swinkels, R.A. & Franzel, S. & Shepherd, K.D. & Ohlsson, E. & Ndufa, J.K.
- 123-138 Simulated effect on dairy cow and herd production of different grazing intensities
by Kristensen, Troels & Sorensen, Jan Tind & Clausen, Susanne
- 139-140 In: V. Barnett, R. Payne and R. Steiner, Editors, Agricultural sustainability: economic, environmental and statistical considerations, John Wiley and Sons, Denmark (1995) ISBN 0 471 95009 2, p. xii + 266
by Monypenny, Richard
- 140-142 303 pp. Price: US$55.00 (hardback)John H. Sanders, Barry I. Shapiro and Sunder Ramaswamy, The Economics of Agricultural Technology in Semi-arid Sub-Saharan Africa, The Johns Hopkins University Press, Chichester, England (1996) ISBN 0 8018 5139 4
by Williams, Timothy
- 142-143 405 pp. Price: [pound sign]17.99 (paperback)A.M. Mannion, Agriculture and Environmental Change: Temporal and Spatial Dimensions, Wiley, Baltimore and London (1995) ISBN 0 471 95478 0
by Fairbairn, Jamie
August 1997, Volume 54, Issue 4
- 429-437 A comparison of digestible and net energy models to predict rates of gain of hereford steers
by Hironaka, R. & Freeze, B. & Kozub, G. C.
- 439-462 Game cropping and wildlife conservation in Kenya: A dynamic simulation model with adaptive control
by van Kooten, G. Cornelis & Bulte, Erwin H. & Kinyua, Patrick
- 463-476 Farmer preferences for socioeconomic and technical interventions in groundnut production system in Niger: Conjoint and ordered probit analyses
by Baidu-Forson, J. & Waliyar, F. & Ntare, B. R.
- 477-499 `Why do farmers do it?' Validating whole-farm models
by Schilizzi, Steven G. M. & Boulier, Fabien
- 501-520 Land speculation and intensification at the frontier: a seeming paradox in the Colombian savanna
by Smith, Joyotee & Cadavid, JoseVicente & Rincon, Alvaro & Vera, Raul
- 521-538 A comparison of crop production functions using simulated data for irrigated corn in western Kansas
by Llewelyn, Richard V. & Featherstone, Allen M.
- 539-576 A simulation model to assess productivity of goat production in the tropics
by Bosman, H. G. & Ayantunde, A. A. & Steenstra, F. A. & Udo, H. M. J.
July 1997, Volume 54, Issue 3
- 271-289 The relevance of animal power for land cultivation in upland areas: A case study in East Java, Indonesia
by Cornelissen, A. M. G. & Ifar, S. & Udo, H. M. J.
- 291-312 Prospects for the use of corporate knowledge bases in the generation, management and communication of knowledge at a frontline agricultural research centre
by Walker, D. H. & Sinclair, F. L. & Joshi, L. & Ambrose, B.