Designing agroecological farming systems with farmers: A review
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Maria Elmquist & Blanche Segrestin, 2009. "Sustainable development through innovative design: lessons from the KCP method experimented with an automotive firm," International Journal of Automotive Technology and Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 9(2), pages 229-244.
- Vänninen, Irene & Pereira-Querol, Marco & Engeström, Yrjö, 2015. "Generating transformative agency among horticultural producers: An activity-theoretical approach to transforming Integrated Pest Management," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 38-49.
- Eric von Hippel, 1986. "Lead Users: A Source of Novel Product Concepts," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(7), pages 791-805, July.
- Blazy, Jean-Marc & Ozier-Lafontaine, Harry & Doré, Thierry & Thomas, Alban & Wery, Jacques, 2009. "A methodological framework that accounts for farm diversity in the prototyping of crop management systems. Application to banana-based systems in Guadeloupe," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 101(1-2), pages 30-41, June.
- Giller, K.E. & Tittonell, P. & Rufino, M.C. & van Wijk, M.T. & Zingore, S. & Mapfumo, P. & Adjei-Nsiah, S. & Herrero, M. & Chikowo, R. & Corbeels, M. & Rowe, E.C. & Baijukya, F. & Mwijage, A. & Smith,, 2011. "Communicating complexity: Integrated assessment of trade-offs concerning soil fertility management within African farming systems to support innovation and development," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 191-203, February.
- Dogliotti, S. & García, M.C. & Peluffo, S. & Dieste, J.P. & Pedemonte, A.J. & Bacigalupe, G.F. & Scarlato, M. & Alliaume, F. & Alvarez, J. & Chiappe, M. & Rossing, W.A.H., 2014. "Co-innovation of family farm systems: A systems approach to sustainable agriculture," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 76-86.
- Prost, Lorène & Reau, Raymond & Paravano, Laurette & Cerf, Marianne & Jeuffroy, Marie-Hélène, 2018. "Designing agricultural systems from invention to implementation: the contribution of agronomy. Lessons from a case study," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 122-132.
- Armand Hatchuel & Yoram Reich & Pascal Le Masson & Benoit Weil & Akin Kazakçi, 2013. "Beyond Models and Decisions: Situating Design through generative functions," Post-Print hal-01485144, HAL.
- Geels, Frank W. & Schot, Johan, 2007. "Typology of sociotechnical transition pathways," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 399-417, April.
- M. J. Avenier, 2010. "Shaping a Constructivist View of Organizational Design Science," Post-Print halshs-00881109, HAL.
- Maria Elmquist & Blanche Segrestin, 2009. "Sustainable development through innovative design: lessons from the KCP method experimented with an automotive firm," Post-Print hal-00450992, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Patrick Mundler, 2020. "Nourrir, produire, protéger les personnes et les ressources - Les voies d’une transition agroécologique du système bioalimentaire québécois," CIRANO Project Reports 2020rp-32, CIRANO.
- Dupré, Marie & Blazy, Jean-Marc & Michels, Thierry & Le Gal, Pierre-Yves, 2021. "Supporting policymakers in designing agricultural policy instruments: A participatory approach with a regional bioeconomic model in La Réunion (France)," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C).
- Geneviève Nguyen & Julien Brailly & François Purseigle, 2020. "Strategic outsourcing and precision agriculture: towards a silent reorganization of agricultural production in France ?," Post-Print hal-02942720, HAL.
- Romera, A.J. & Bos, A.P. & Neal, M. & Eastwood, C.R. & Chapman, D. & McWilliam, W. & Royds, D. & O'Connor, C. & Brookes, R. & Connolly, J. & Hall, P. & Clinton, P.W., 2020. "Designing future dairy systems for New Zealand using reflexive interactive design," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 181(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ronner, E. & Descheemaeker, K. & Almekinders, C. & Ebanyat, P. & Giller, K.E., 2019. "Co-design of improved climbing bean production practices for smallholder farmers in the highlands of Uganda," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 1-12.
- Fabien Jean & Pascal Le Masson & Benoit Weil, 2015. "Engage engineers as designers to generate new meanings in concept generation," Post-Print hal-01148387, HAL.
- Sophie Hooge & Cédric Dalmasso & Frédéric Garcias, 2018. "Is Intrapreneurship Scalable? The Challenge Of Managing A Massive Internal Startup Call," Post-Print hal-01843048, HAL.
- Sophie Hooge & Milena Chen & Dominique Laousse, 2019. "Managing the emergence of concepts in fuzzy front end: a framework of strategic performance and emerging process of innovation briefs," Post-Print hal-02167857, HAL.
- Marcelo Seido Nagano & Antonio Iacono, 2019. "Knowledge Management in Eco-Innovation Practice: An Analysis of the Contribution of Eco-Innovation Tools in the Early Stages of the Product Development Process," Journal of Information & Knowledge Management (JIKM), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 18(04), pages 1-17, December.
- Le Gal, P.-Y. & Dugué, P. & Faure, G. & Novak, S., 2011. "How does research address the design of innovative agricultural production systems at the farm level? A review," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(9), pages 714-728.
- Pelzer, Elise & Bonifazi, Mathilde & Soulié, Marion & Guichard, Laurence & Quinio, Maude & Ballot, Remy & Jeuffroy, Marie-Hélène, 2020. "Participatory design of agronomic scenarios for the reintroduction of legumes into a French territory," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 184(C).
- Sovacool, Benjamin K. & Jeppesen, Jakob & Bandsholm, Jesper & Asmussen, Joakim & Balachandran, Rakulan & Vestergaard, Simon & Andersen, Thomas Hauerslev & Sørensen, Thomas Klode & Bjørn-Thygesen, Fran, 2017. "Navigating the “paradox of openness” in energy and transport innovation: Insights from eight corporate clean technology research and development case studies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 236-245.
- Boon, Wouter P.C. & Moors, Ellen H.M. & Meijer, Albert J., 2014. "Exploring dynamics and strategies of niche protection," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 792-803.
- Meynard, Jean-Marc & Jeuffroy, Marie-Hélène & Le Bail, Marianne & Lefèvre, Amélie & Magrini, Marie-Benoit & Michon, Camille, 2017. "Designing coupled innovations for the sustainability transition of agrifood systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 330-339.
- Salembier, Chloé & Segrestin, Blanche & Berthet, Elsa & Weil, Benoît & Meynard, Jean-Marc, 2018. "Genealogy of design reasoning in agronomy: Lessons for supporting the design of agricultural systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 277-290.
- Armand Hatchuel & Pascal Le Masson & Yoram Reich & Eswaran Subrahmanian, 2018. "Design theory: a foundation of a new paradigm for design science and engineering," Post-Print hal-01633021, HAL.
- Toffolini, Quentin & Jeuffroy, Marie-Hélène & Meynard, Jean-Marc & Borg, Julie & Enjalbert, Jérôme & Gauffreteau, Arnaud & Goldringer, Isabelle & Lefèvre, Amélie & Loyce, Chantal & Martin, Philippe & , 2020. "Design as a source of renewal in the production of scientific knowledge in crop science," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 185(C).
- Sébastien Damart & Albert David & Milena Klasing Chen & Dominique Laousse, 2018. "Turning managers into management designers : an experiment," Post-Print hal-01921127, HAL.
- Sophie Hooge & Milena Chen & Dominique Laousse, 2018. "Dynamics of innovative concepts in exploratory projects: managing consistency between originality, collaboration and strategy," Post-Print hal-01900545, HAL.
- Irene Pluchinotta & Akin O. Kazakçi & Raffaele Giordano & Alexis Tsoukiàs, 2019. "Design Theory for Generating Alternatives in Public Decision Making Processes," Group Decision and Negotiation, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 341-375, April.
- Ditzler, Lenora & Klerkx, Laurens & Chan-Dentoni, Jacqueline & Posthumus, Helena & Krupnik, Timothy J. & Ridaura, Santiago López & Andersson, Jens A. & Baudron, Frédéric & Groot, Jeroen C.J., 2018. "Affordances of agricultural systems analysis tools: A review and framework to enhance tool design and implementation," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 20-30.
- Sébastien Damart & Albert David & Milena Klasing Chen & Dominique Laousse, 2018. "Turning managers into management designers: an experiment," Post-Print hal-01894955, HAL.
- Sophie Hooge & Mathias Béjean & Frédéric Arnoux, 2016. "Organising For Radical Innovation: The Benefits Of The Interplay Between Cognitive And Organisational Processes In Kcp Workshops," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 20(04), pages 1-33, May.
- Armand Hatchuel & Milena Klasing Chen, 2017. "Creativity under Strong Constraints: the Hidden Influence of Design Models traduction," Post-Print hal-01465689, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsCo-design; Participatory research; Change management; Agroecology; Local adaptation;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:165:y:2018:i:c:p:208-220. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.