2003, Volume 78, Issue 2
- 287-306 Measuring the impact of user participation in agricultural and natural resource management research
by Johnson, Nancy L. & Lilja, Nina & Ashby, Jacqueline A.
- 307-327 An analysis of IPGRI's influence on the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture
by Sauve, Raphael & Watts, Jamie
2003, Volume 78, Issue 1
- 1-16 The ALMANAC model's sensitivity to input variables
by Xie, Yun & Kiniry, James R. & Williams, Jimmy R.
- 17-30 Evaluation and application of the OILCROP-SUN model for sunflower in southern Italy
by Rinaldi, Michele & Losavio, Nicola & Flagella, Zina
- 31-55 Identification of farmer characteristics and farm strategies explaining changes in environmental management and environmental and economic performance of dairy farms
by Ondersteijn, C. J. M. & Giesen, G. W. J. & Huirne, R. B. M.
- 57-71 Agroforestry adoption in southern Malawi: the case of mixed intercropping of Gliricidia sepium and maize
by Thangata, P. H. & Alavalapati, J. R. R.
- 73-84 Analysis of strategic planning of Dutch pig farmers using a multivariate probit model
by Oude Lansink, Alfons & van den Berg, Mirella & Huirne, Ruud
- 85-103 Assessment of the quality of farmers' environmental management and its effects on resource use efficiency: a Dutch case study
by de Koeijer, T. J. & Wossink, G. A. A. & Smit, A. B. & Janssens, S. R. M. & Renkema, J. A. & Struik, P. C.
- 105-118 Uncertain Control of Dynamic Economic Threshold in Pest Management
by Bor, Yunchang Jeffrey
2003, Volume 77, Issue 3
- 173-186 Quantitative and visual assessments of climate change impacts on South Australian wheat production
by Luo, Qunying & Williams, Martin A. J. & Bellotti, William & Bryan, Brett
- 187-201 Farmer nurseries as a catalyst for developing sustainable land use systems in southern Africa. Part A: Nursery productivity and organization
by Bohringer, Andreas & Ayuk, Elias T. & Katanga, Roza & Ruvuga, Stephen
- 203-217 Farmer nurseries as a catalyst for developing sustainable land use systems in southern Africa. Part B: Support systems, early impact and policy issues
by Bohringer, Andreas & Ayuk, Elias T.
- 219-255 Efficiencies and biomass appropriation of food commodities on global and regional levels
by Wirsenius, Stefan
2003, Volume 77, Issue 2
- 91-116 Systems analysis by graph theoretical techniques: assessment of the agricultural innovation system of Azerbaijan
by Temel, Tugrul & Janssen, Willem & Karimov, Fuad
- 117-136 Delineation of suitable areas for crops using a Multi-Criteria Evaluation approach and land use/cover mapping: a case study in Central Mexico
by Ceballos-Silva, Alejandro & Lopez-Blanco, Jorge
- 137-154 Modelling apple orchard systems
by Hester, Susan M. & Cacho, Oscar
- 155-171 Comparative performance of selected mathematical programming models
by Arriaza, M. & Gomez-Limon, J. A.
2003, Volume 77, Issue 1
- 1-22 Achieving efficiency and equity in irrigation management: an optimization model of the El Angel watershed, Carchi, Ecuador
by Evans, Elizabeth M. & Lee, David R. & Boisvert, Richard N. & Arce, Blanca & Steenhuis, Tammo S. & Prano, Mauricio & Poats, Susan V.
- 23-38 Predicting regional rice production in South Korea using spatial data and crop-growth modeling
by Yun, Jin I.
- 39-63 Mapping livestock-oriented agricultural production systems for the developing world
by Kruska, R. L. & Reid, R. S. & Thornton, P. K. & Henninger, N. & Kristjanson, P. M.
- 65-88 Irrigation deficits and farmers' vulnerability in Southern India
by Brugere, Cecile & Lingard, John
2003, Volume 76, Issue 3
- 797-816 Cows, colonists and trees: rethinking cattle and environmental degradation in Brazilian Amazonia
by Muchagata, Marcia & Brown, Katrina
- 817-839 Evaluating nitrogen taxation scenarios using the dynamic whole farm simulation model FASSET
by Berntsen, J. & Petersen, B. M. & Jacobsen, B. H. & Olesen, J. E. & Hutchings, N. J.
- 841-861 Exploratory study on the land area required for global food supply and the potential global production of bioenergy
by Wolf, J. & Bindraban, P. S. & Luijten, J. C. & Vleeshouwers, L. M.
- 863-882 Economics of factor adjusted herbicide doses: a simulation analysis of best efficacy targeting strategies (BETS)
by Nordblom, Thomas L. & Jones, Randall E. & Medd, Richard W.
- 883-894 Prediction of soil erosion in a Lake Victoria basin catchment using a GIS-based Universal Soil Loss model
by Lufafa, A. & Tenywa, M. M. & Isabirye, M. & Majaliwa, M. J. G. & Woomer, P. L.
- 895-911 A quantitative and constraint-specific method to assess the potential impact of new agricultural technology: the case of frost resistant potato for the Altiplano (Peru and Bolivia)
by Hijmans, R. J. & Condori, B. & Carrillo, R. & Kropff, M. J.
- 913-927 Social capital and farming at the rural-urban interface: the importance of nonfarmer and farmer relations
by Sharp, J. S. & Smith, M. B.
- 929-948 Dynamic cropping strategies for risk management in dry-land farming systems
by Sadras, Victor & Roget, David & Krause, Mike
- 949-967 Optimal frequency and quantity of agricultural lime applications
by Lukin, Vladimir V. & Epplin, Francis M.
- 969-984 Economic and weather influences on soybean planting strategies on heavy soils
by Popp, Michael P. & Dillon, Carl R. & Keisling, Terry C.
- 985-1005 Site-specific evaluation of the CROPGRO-soybean model on Missouri claypan soils
by Wang, F. & Fraisse, C. W. & Kitchen, N. R. & Sudduth, K. A.
- 1007-1041 Assessing the sustainability of the US food system: a life cycle perspective
by Heller, Martin C. & Keoleian, Gregory A.
- 1043-1066 Sustainability analysis for irrigation water management in the Aral Sea region
by Cai, Ximing & McKinney, Daene C. & Rosegrant, Mark W.
- 1067-1084 Matching improved maize production technologies to the resource base of farmers in a moist savanna
by Jagtap, S. S. & Abamu, F. J.
- 1085-1100 The disappointing adoption dynamics of a yield-increasing, low external-input technology: the case of SRI in Madagascar
by Moser, Christine M. & Barrett, Christopher B.
- 1101-1117 Application of decision tree technology for image classification using remote sensing data
by Yang, Chun-Chieh & Prasher, Shiv O. & Enright, Peter & Madramootoo, Chandra & Burgess, Magdalena & Goel, Pradeep K. & Callum, Ian
- 1119-1135 DIARES-IPM: a diagnostic advisory rule-based expert system for integrated pest management in Solanaceous crop systems
by Mahaman, B. D. & Passam, H. C. & Sideridis, A. B. & Yialouris, C. P.
- 1137-1156 Crossbreds did not generate more net benefits than indigenous goats in Ethiopian smallholdings
by Ayalew, W. & Rischkowsky, B. & King, J. M. & Bruns, E.
- 1157-1181 Development of a soil-plant phosphorus simulation model for calcareous and weathered tropical soils
by Daroub, Samira H. & Gerakis, Argyrios & Ritchie, Joe T. & Friesen, Dennis K. & Ryan, John
- 1183-1205 A pasture growth model for use in a whole-farm dairy production model
by McCall, D. G. & Bishop-Hurley, G. J.
2003, Volume 76, Issue 2
- 399-413 Assisting whole-farm decision-making through stochastic budgeting
by Lien, Gudbrand
- 415-440 A simulation model of draught animal power in smallholder farming systems. Part I: Context and structural overview
by Chawatama, S. & Ndlovu, L. R. & Richardson, F. D. & Mhlanga, F. & Dzama, K.
- 441-455 A simulation model of draught animal power in smallholder farming systems. Part II: Model evaluation and application
by Chawatama, S. & Ndlovu, L. R. & Richardson, F. D. & Mhlanga, F. & Dzama, K.
- 457-482 Participatory decision support for agricultural management. A case study from Sri Lanka
by Cain, J. D. & Jinapala, K. & Makin, I. W. & Somaratna, P. G. & Ariyaratna, B. R. & Perera, L. R.
- 483-505 Bioeconomic modelling of the production and export of cocoa for price policy analysis in Papua New Guinea
by Fleming, Euan & Milne, Mary
- 507-525 Concepts in production ecology for analysis and design of animal and plant-animal production systems
by van de Ven, G. W. J. & de Ridder, N. & van Keulen, H. & van Ittersum, M. K.
- 527-538 Comparing diagnoses from expert systems and human experts
by Seidel, M. & Breslin, C. & Christley, R. M. & Gettinby, G. & Reid, S. W. J. & Revie, C. W.
- 539-560 Comparison of three weather generators for crop modeling: a case study for subtropical environments
by Hartkamp, A. D. & White, J. W. & Hoogenboom, G.
- 561-574 Development of a herbicide application map using artificial neural networks and fuzzy logic
by Yang, Chun-Chieh & Prasher, Shiv O. & Landry, Jacques-Andre & Ramaswamy, Hosahalli S.
- 575-587 Rolling the dice: on-farm benefits of research into reducing pesticide use
by Brethour, Cher & Weersink, Alfons
- 589-599 A process-based model to simulate changes in tiller density and light interception of sugarcane crops
by Bezuidenhout, C. N. & O'Leary, G. J. & Singels, A. & Bajic, V. B.
- 601-622 An agro-pastoral household model for the rangelands of East Africa
by Thornton, P. K. & Galvin, K. A. & Boone, R. B.
- 623-638 Assessing the potential benefits of alternative cane supply arrangements in the Australian sugar industry
by Higgins, Andrew J. & Muchow, Russell C.
- 639-653 How to validate environmental indicators
by Bockstaller, C. & Girardin, P.
- 655-680 A simple ecological sustainability simulator (SESS) for stocking rate management on semi-arid grazinglands
by Diaz-Solis, H. & Kothmann, M. M. & Hamilton, W. T. & Grant, W. E.
- 681-696 Designing the optimal robotic milking barn by applying a queuing network approach
by Halachmi, I. & Adan, I. J. B. F. & van der Wal, J. & van Beek, P. & Heesterbeek, J. A. P.
- 697-713 The analysis of UK crop allocation at the farm level: implications for supply response analysis
by Vavra, Pavel & Colman, David
- 715-738 Household adoption and the associated impact of multiple agricultural technologies in the western hills of Nepal
by Floyd, Christopher & Harding, Anne-Helen & Paudel, Krishna Chandra & Rasali, Drona Prasad & Subedi, Kalidas & Subedi, Phul Prasad
- 739-753 Agricultural research in the face of diversity, local knowledge and the participation imperative: theoretical considerations
by Sumberg, James & Okali, Christine & Reece, David
- 755-774 Evaluating predictive models with application in regulatory policy for invasive weeds
by Hughes, G. & Madden, L. V.
- 775-785 Incorporation of mulberry in contour hedgerows to increase overall benefits: a case study from Ningnan County, Sichuan Province, China
by TangYa & Yan-zhou, Zhang & Jia-sui, Xie & Hui, Sun
- 787-795 Integrating long-run biological and economic considerations into Striga management programs
by Mullen, Jeffrey D. & Taylor, Daniel B. & Fofana, Makan & Kebe, Demba
2003, Volume 76, Issue 1
- 3-18 The role of personal information sources on the decision-making process of Costa Rican dairy farmers
by Solano, C. & Leon, H. & Perez, E. & Herrero, M.
- 19-38 DAM EA$Y--software for assessing the costs and benefits of on-farm water storage based production systems
by Lisson, S. N. & Brennan, L. E. & Bristow, K. L. & Keating, B. A. & Hughes, D. A.
- 39-59 Modelling the value of a rural biorefinery--part I: the model description
by Audsley, E. & Annetts, J. E.
- 61-76 Modelling the value of a rural biorefinery--part II: analysis and implications
by Annetts, J. E. & Audsley, E.
- 77-94 Optimum utilization of feed resources: model studies and farmers' practices in two villages in East Java, Indonesia
by Zemmelink, G. & S, Ifar & Oosting, S. J.
- 95-114 Simulations of soil carbon and nitrogen dynamics during seven years in a catch crop experiment
by Blomback, Karin & Eckersten, Henrik & Lewan, Elisabet & Aronsson, Helena
- 115-139 Organisation of the pastoral territory and grazing management: joint modelling of grazing management practices and plant cover dynamics
by Meot, Alain & Hubert, Bernard & Lasseur, Jacques
- 141-157 Typification of farming systems for constructing representative farm models: two illustrations of the application of multi-variate analyses in Chile and Pakistan
by Kobrich, C. & Rehman, T. & Khan, M.
- 159-180 Simulating field-scale nitrogen management scenarios involving fertiliser and slurry applications
by Lewis, D. R. & McGechan, M. B. & McTaggart, I. P.
- 181-205 Analysis of strategies for reducing calcium deficiencies in glasshouse grown tomatoes: model functions and simulations
by Hamer, P. J. C.
- 207-225 A multidimensional approach to understanding agro-ecosystems. A case study in Hubei Province, China
by Ottaviani, D. & Ji, Li & Pastore, G.
- 227-252 Forecasting the environmental and socio-economic consequences of changes in the Common Agricultural Policy
by Topp, C. F. E. & Mitchell, M.
- 253-272 A Markov decision sow model representing the productive lifespan of herd sows
by Pla, L. M. & Pomar, C. & Pomar, J.
- 273-292 A preliminary approach to assessing the opportunity for site-specific crop management in a field, using yield monitor data
by Pringle, M. J. & McBratney, A. B. & Whelan, B. M. & Taylor, J. A.
- 293-311 Enhancing the ability of CERES-Maize to compute light capture
by Lizaso, J. I. & Batchelor, W. D. & Westgate, M. E. & Echarte, L.
- 313-335 A framework to improve fertilizer recommendations for irrigated rice in West Africa
by Haefele, S. M. & Wopereis, M. C. S. & Ndiaye, M. K. & Kropff, M. J.
- 337-357 Direct-use value of smallholder crop production in a semi-arid rural South African village
by Dovie, Delali B. K. & Witkowski, E. T. F. & Shackleton, Charlie M.
- 359-377 Optimizing irrigation management for a spatially variable soybean field
by Nijbroek, Ravic & Hoogenboom, Gerrit & Jones, James W.
- 379-396 Modelling the dynamics of agricultural development at farm and regional level
by Bontkes, Tjark Struif & Keulen, Herman van
- 397-398 Enabling Innovation: A Practical Guide to Understanding and Fostering Technological Change: Boru Douthwaite, Zed Books, London and New York, 2002, 266 pages, paperback, ISBN 1-85649-972-3, [pound sign]15.95, $25
by Kristjanson, Patti
2003, Volume 75, Issue 2-3
- 119-121 Preface
by Buschena, D. & Taylor, C. Robert
- 123-159 Risk research in agricultural economics: opportunities and challenges for the next twenty-five years
by Just, Richard E.
- 161-197 Risk in rural development: challenges for managers and policy makers
by Anderson, Jock R.
- 199-213 Principles of risk management service relations in agriculture
by Just, David R. & Wolf, Steven & Zilberman, David
- 215-234 The economics of risk, uncertainty and learning in the adoption of new agricultural technologies: where are we on the learning curve?
by Marra, Michele & Pannell, David J. & Abadi Ghadim, Amir
- 235-249 Evaluating the magnitudes of financial transactions costs on risk behavior
by Atwood, Joseph A. & Buschena, David E.
- 251-264 The role of risk versus the role of uncertainty in economic systems
by Taylor, C. Robert
- 265-276 Optimal risk in agricultural contracts
by Ligon, Ethan
- 277-294 Value of imperfect input information in agricultural production
by Mitchell, Paul D.
- 295-303 Legal risk in agriculture: right-to-farm laws and institutional change
by Duke, Joshua M. & Malcolm, Scott A.
- 305-322 Alternative risk financing instruments for swine epidemics
by Meuwissen, Miranda P. M. & Van Asseldonk, Marcel A. P. M. & Huirne, Ruud B. M.
- 323-340 Evaluation of the interaction of risk management tools for cotton and soybeans
by Coble, Keith H. & Zuniga, Manuel & Heifner, Richard
2003, Volume 75, Issue 1
- 1-21 A Decision Support System for smallholder campesino maize-cattle production systems of the Toluca Valley in Central Mexico. Part I--Integrating biological and socio-economic models into a holistic system
by Castelan-Ortega, Octavio A. & Fawcett, Roy H. & Arriaga-Jordan, Carlos & Herrero, Mario
- 23-46 A Decision Support System for smallholder campesino maize-cattle production systems of the Toluca Valley in Central Mexico. Part II--Emulating the farming system
by Castelan-Ortega, Octavio A. & Fawcett, Roy H. & Arriaga-Jordan, Carlos & Herrero, Mario
- 47-77 Linking physiological and architectural models of cotton
by Hanan, J. S. & Hearn, A. B.
- 79-95 Logit models for identifying the factors that influence the uptake of new `no-tillage' technologies by farmers in the rice-wheat and the cotton-wheat farming systems of Pakistan's Punjab
by Sheikh, A. D. & Rehman, T. & Yates, C. M.
- 97-117 Participatory Farm Management methods for assessing the suitability of potential innovations. A case study on green manuring options for tomato producers in Ghana
by Dorward, Peter & Galpin, Mark & Shepherd, Derek
2002, Volume 74, Issue 3
- 305-307 Applying seasonal climate prediction to agricultural production
by Hansen, J. W.
- 309-330 Realizing the potential benefits of climate prediction to agriculture: issues, approaches, challenges
by Hansen, James W.
- 331-349 Opportunities and constraints for farmers of west Africa to use seasonal precipitation forecasts with Burkina Faso as a case study
by Ingram, K. T. & Roncoli, M. C. & Kirshen, P. H.
- 351-369 Implications of farm-level response to seasonal climate forecasts for aggregate grain production in Zimbabwe
by Phillips, J. G. & Deane, D. & Unganai, L. & Chimeli, A.
- 371-392 Use of ENSO-related climate information in agricultural decision making in Argentina: a pilot experience
by Podesta, Guillermo & Letson, David & Messina, Carlos & Royce, Fred & Ferreyra, R. Andres & Jones, James & Hansen, James & Llovet, Ignacio & Grondona, Martin & O'Brien, James J.
- 393-414 Infusing the use of seasonal climate forecasting into crop management practice in North East Australia using discussion support software
by Nelson, R. A. & Holzworth, D. P. & Hammer, G. L. & Hayman, P. T.
- 415-430 Responding to stakeholder's demands for climate information: from research to applications in Florida
by Jagtap, S. S. & Jones, J. W. & Hildebrand, P. & Letson, D. & O'Brien, J. J. & Podesta, G. & Zierden, D. & Zazueta, F.
- 431-457 Use of climate information for farm-level decision making: rainfed groundnut in southern India
by Gadgil, Sulochana & Seshagiri Rao, P. R. & Narahari Rao, K.
- 459-477 Enhanced risk management and decision-making capability across the sugarcane industry value chain based on seasonal climate forecasts
by Everingham, Y. L. & Muchow, R. C. & Stone, R. C. & Inman-Bamber, N. G. & Singels, A. & Bezuidenhout, C. N.
2002, Volume 74, Issue 2
- 221-240 Sheep animal welfare in a low rainfall Mediterranean environment: a profitable investment?
by Kingwell, R.
- 241-255 An economic approach for a better understanding of conflicts between farmers and nature conservationists--an application of the decision support system MODAM to the Lower Odra Valley National Park
by Kachele, H. & Dabbert, S.
- 257-270 Assessing the consequences of technological change on farm enterprises in southeastern Nigeria by use of factor analysis
by Alimba, J. O. & Akubuilo, C. J. C.
- 271-286 Investigating strategies for minimising damage caused by the sugarcane pest Eldana saccharina
by Horton, Petrovious M. & Hearne, John W. & Apaloo, Joseph & Conlong, Desmond E. & Way, Michael J. & Uys, Pieter
- 287-302 Validation of SPUR2.4 rangeland simulation model using a cow-calf field experiment
by Teague, W. R. & Foy, J. K.
- 303-304 Animal Welfare: Colin Spedding (Ed.). Earthscan Publications Ltd., London, 2000, 188 pp. Price: [pound sign]12.95 (paperback). ISBN 1 85383 672 9
by Kennedy, David
2002, Volume 74, Issue 1
- 1-10 Probing the enigma of the decision support system for farmers: Learning from experience and from theory
by McCown, R. L. & Hochman, Z. & Carberry, P. S.
- 11-25 Locating agricultural decision support systems in the troubled past and socio-technical complexity of `models for management'
by McCown, R. L.
- 27-56 SIRATAC and CottonLOGIC: persevering with DSSs in the Australian cotton industry
by Hearn, A. B. & Bange, M. P.
- 57-77 An ecology of a DSS: reflections on managing wheat crops in the northeastern Australian grains region with WHEATMAN
by Hayman, P. T. & Easdown, W. J.
- 79-98 PCYield: model-based decision support for soybean production
by Welch, S. M. & Jones, J. W. & Brennan, M. W. & Reeder, G. & Jacobson, B. M.
- 99-113 Insights in development and deployment of the GLA and NUTBAL decision support systems for grazinglands
by Stuth, Jerry W. & Hamilton, Wayne T. & Conner, Richard
- 115-139 Evolution of the GRAZPLAN decision support tools and adoption by the grazing industry in temperate Australia
by Donnelly, J. R. & Freer, M. & Salmon, L. & Moore, A. D. & Simpson, R. J. & Dove, H. & Bolger, T. P.
- 141-177 The FARMSCAPE approach to decision support: farmers', advisers', researchers' monitoring, simulation, communication and performance evaluation
by Carberry, P. S. & Hochman, Z. & McCown, R. L. & Dalgliesh, N. P. & Foale, M. A. & Poulton, P. L. & Hargreaves, J. N. G. & Hargreaves, D. M. G. & Cawthray, S. & Hillcoat, N. & Robertson, M. J.
- 179-220 Changing systems for supporting farmers' decisions: problems, paradigms, and prospects
by McCown, R. L.
2002, Volume 73, Issue 3
- 233-260 Decision-making processes for crop management on African farms. Modelling from a case study of cotton crops in northern Cameroon
by Dounias, I. & Aubry, C. & Capillon, A.
- 261-278 Modeling within-season sugarcane growth for optimal harvest system selection
by Salassi, M. E. & Breaux, J. B. & Naquin, C. J.
- 279-296 Livestock manure systems for swine finishing enterprises
by Stonehouse, D. P. & de Vos, G. W. & Weersink, A.
- 297-311 Analysis of a complex crop production system in interdependent agro-ecological zones: a methodological approach for potatoes in Argentina
by Caldiz, Daniel O. & Haverkort, Anton J. & Struik, Paul C.
- 313-324 Application of interactive multiple goal programming for red soil watershed development: a case study of Qingshishan watershed
by Jianbo, Lu & Zhaoqian, Wang & Penning de Vries, F. W. T.
2002, Volume 73, Issue 2
- 147-164 Sire selection with multiple objectives
by Stokes, Jeffrey R. & Tozer, Peter R.
- 165-172 Estimating spatial cattle and swine inventories from limited data
by Bland, William L.
- 173-203 Analysing crop yield and plant quality in an intercropping system using an eco-physiological model for interplant competition
by Baumann, D. T. & Bastiaans, L. & Goudriaan, J. & van Laar, H. H. & Kropff, M. J.
- 205-225 Use of CERES-Maize to study effect of spatial precipitation variability on yield
by O'Neal, Monte R. & Frankenberger, Jane R. & Ess, Daniel R.
- 227-232 A History of Farming Systems Research: Edited by M. Collinson, CABI Publishing, Wallingford, 2000, 432 pp. Price: [pound sign]65.00, Hardback, ISBN 0-85199-405-9
by Lynam, John
2002, Volume 73, Issue 1
- 1-2 Preface
by Loevinsohn, Michael E.
- 3-22 Deepening the basis of rural resource management: learning processes and decision support
by Loevinsohn, Michael E. & Berdegue, Julio A. & Guijt, Irene
- 23-39 Enhancing the adaptive capacity of the resource users in natural resource management
by Hagmann, Jurgen & Chuma, Edward
- 41-56 Understanding interdependencies: stakeholder identification and negotiation for collective natural resource management
by Ravnborg, Helle Munk & Westermann, Olaf
- 57-81 Learning about methodology development for integrated soil fertility management
by Defoer, Toon
- 83-97 Equitable ecology: collaborative learning for local benefit in Amazonia
by Shanley, Patricia & Rodrigues Gaia, Gloria
- 99-111 Joint learning with GIS: multi-actor resource management
by Gonzalez, Rhodora M.
- 113-127 Decision support, learning and rural resource management
by Walker, Daniel H.
- 129-145 Creating tools for farmers' learning: an application of developmental work research
by Seppanen, Laura
2002, Volume 72, Issue 3
- 177-196 Adoption of agroforestry in the hills of Nepal: a logistic regression analysis
by Neupane, Ramji P. & Sharma, Khem R. & Thapa, Gopal B.
- 197-213 Adoption of nutrient management techniques to reduce hypoxia in the Gulf of Mexico
by Robinson, Jill R. & Napier, Ted L.
- 215-239 Error analysis of soil temperature simulations using measured and estimated hourly weather data with 2DSOIL
by Timlin, D. J. & Pachepsky, Ya. & Acock, B. A. & Simunek, J. & Flerchinger, G. & Whisler, F.
- 241-261 Modification and evaluation of the crop nitrogen model N_ABLE using Norwegian field data
by Yang, J. & Rowell, D. L. & Burns, I. G. & Guttormsen, G. & Riley, H. & Wadsworth, G. A.
- 263-264 Agricultural Technologies and Tropical Deforestation
by Hecht, Susanna
- 264-265 Sustainable Management of Soil Organic Matter
by van Lauwe, Bernard
2002, Volume 72, Issue 2
- 93-108 Potential benefits from alternative areas of agricultural research for dryland farming in northern Syria
by Petersen, E. H. & Pannell, D. J. & Nordblom, T. L. & Shomo, F.
- 109-131 Learning selection: an evolutionary model for understanding, implementing and evaluating participatory technology development
by Douthwaite, B. & Keatinge, J. D. H. & Park, J. R.
- 133-148 An economic evaluation of native pasture systems in south-eastern New South Wales
by Vere, D. T. & Jones, R. E. & Campbell, M. H.
- 149-172 Assessment of energy use in arable farming systems by means of an agro-ecological indicator: the energy indicator
by Pervanchon, F. & Bockstaller, C. & Girardin, P.
- 173-174 Ecological economics, an introduction
by Thornton, Philip
- 174-175 Introduction to Animal Science
by Minjauw, Bruno
2002, Volume 72, Issue 1
- 9-31 Management planning for winter wheat with multiple objectives (1): The BETHA system
by Loyce, C. & Rellier, J. P. & Meynard, J. M.
- 33-57 Management planning for winter wheat with multiple objectives (2): ethanol-wheat production
by Loyce, C. & Rellier, J. P. & Meynard, J. M.
- 59-71 Comparing three alternative optimisation methods for the treatment planning of bulbs
by Broekmeulen, Rob A. C. M. & van Weert, Arjen & Saedt, Anton P. H.
- 73-92 Assessing research impact on poverty: the importance of farmers' perspectives
by Kristjanson, P. & Place, F. & Franzel, S. & Thornton, P. K.
2002, Volume 71, Issue 3
- 187-206 A modelling approach for analysis of agro pastoral activity at the one-farm level
by Herve, D. & Genin, D. & Migueis, J.
- 207-230 Relationships between farm characteristics and the variation of the density of hedgerows at the level of a micro-region of bocage landscape. Study case in Brittany, France
by Thenail, C.
- 231-247 A goal-oriented approach to identify and engineer land use systems
by Hengsdijk, H. & van Ittersum, M. K.
- 249-274 A review of agricultural research issues raised by the system of rice intensification (SRI) from Madagascar: opportunities for improving farming systems for resource-poor farmers
by Stoop, Willem A. & Uphoff, Norman & Kassam, Amir
2002, Volume 71, Issue 1-2
- 1-4 Editorial
by Thomas, Derrick
- 5-15 Crop-animal systems in Asia: importance of livestock and characterisation of agro-ecological zones
by Devendra, C. & Thomas, D.
- 17-25 Smallholder farming systems in Asia
by Devendra, C. & Thomas, D.
- 27-40 Crop-animal interactions in mixed farming systems in Asia
by Devendra, C. & Thomas, D.
- 41-57 Increasing animal productivity on small mixed farms in South Asia: a systems perspective
by Thomas, D. & Zerbini, E. & Parthasarathy Rao, P. & Vaidyanathan, A.
- 59-73 Availability and use of feed resources in crop-animal systems in Asia
by Devendra, C. & Sevilla, C. C.
- 75-98 Forage options for smallholder crop-animal systems in Southeast Asia: working with farmers to find solutions
by Stur, W. W. & Horne, P. M. & Gabunada Jr., F. A. & Phengsavanh, P. & Kerridge, P. C.
- 99-110 Use of draught animal power on small mixed farms in Asia
by Lawrence, P. R. & Pearson, R. A.
- 111-126 Livestock and nutrient cycling in crop-animal systems in Asia
by Thorne, P. J. & Tanner, J. C.
- 127-146 Integration of aquaculture into crop-animal systems in Asia
by Prein, M.
- 147-168 Crop-animal systems in Asia: socio-economic benefits and impacts on rural livelihoods
by Paris, Thelma R.
- 169-177 Crop-animal systems in Asia: implications for research
by Devendra, C.
- 179-186 Crop-animal systems in Asia: future perspectives
by Devendra, C.
2001, Volume 70, Issue 2-3
- 353-354 Advances in systems approaches for agricultural development
by Kropff, M. J. & Jones, J. W. & van Laar, Gon
- 355-368 An international collaborative network for agricultural systems applications (ICASA)
by Bouma, J. & Jones, J. W.
- 369-393 Systems approaches for the design of sustainable agro-ecosystems
by Kropff, M. J. & Bouma, J. & Jones, J. W.
- 395-420 Physiology and modelling of traits in crop plants: implications for genetic improvement
by Boote, K. J. & Kropff, M. J. & Bindraban, P. S.
- 421-443 Approaches to modular model development
by Jones, J. W. & Keating, B. A. & Porter, C. H.
- 445-476 Tools for optimizing management of spatially-variable fields
by Booltink, H. W. G. & van Alphen, B. J. & Batchelor, W. D. & Paz, J. O. & Stoorvogel, J. J. & Vargas, R.
- 477-492 Agronomic data: advances in documentation and protocols for exchange and use
by Hunt, L. A. & White, J. W. & Hoogenboom, G.
- 493-513 Increasing profits and reducing risks in crop production using participatory systems simulation approaches
by Meinke, H. & Baethgen, W. E. & Carberry, P. S. & Donatelli, M. & Hammer, G. L. & Selvaraju, R. & Stockle, C. O.
- 515-553 Advances in application of climate prediction in agriculture
by Hammer, G. L. & Hansen, J. W. & Phillips, J. G. & Mjelde, J. W. & Hill, H. & Love, A. & Potgieter, A.
- 555-579 Advances in farming systems analysis and intervention
by Keating, B. A. & McCown, R. L.
- 581-602 Integrated crop-livestock simulation models for scenario analysis and impact assessment
by Thornton, P. K. & Herrero, M.
- 603-622 A tool for community-based assessment of the implications of development on water security in hillside watersheds
by Luijten, J. C. & Knapp, E. B. & Jones, J. W.
- 623-640 Regional land use analysis: the development of operational tools
by Stoorvogel, J. J. & Antle, J. M.
2001, Volume 70, Issue 1
- 259-274 An assessment of the value of seasonal forecasting technology for Western Australian farmers
by Petersen, E. H. & Fraser, R. W.
- 275-294 Energy accounting and well-being -- examining UK organic and conventional farming systems through a human energy perspective
by Loake, C.
- 295-317 A mathematical programming model for improvement planning in a semi-subsistence farm
by Glen, J. J. & Tipper, R.
- 319-333 Gains from crop diversification in the Sudan Gezira scheme
by Guvele, C. A.
- 335-350 Development of a land quality index for sorghum in Indian semi-arid tropics (SAT)
by Mandal, D. K. & Mandal, C. & Velayutham, M.
2001, Volume 69, Issue 3
- 165-182 Simulation of water harvesting potential in rainfed ricelands using water balance model
by Panigrahi, B. & Panda, S. N. & Mull, R.
- 183-198 Tailoring agricultural extension to different production contexts: a user-friendly farm-household model to improve decision-making for participatory research
by Bernet, T. & Ortiz, O. & Estrada, R. D. & Quiroz, R. & Swinton, S. M.
- 199-213 Robust parameter settings of evolutionary algorithms for the optimisation of agricultural systems models
by Mayer, D. G. & Belward, J. A. & Burrage, K.
- 215-234 The use of EPIC model to study the agroecological change during 93 years of farming transformation in the Argentine pampas
by Bernardos, J. N. & Viglizzo, E. F. & Jouvet, V. & Lertora, F. A. & Pordomingo, A. J. & Cid, F. D.
- 235-257 Continual learning for agroforestry system design: university, NGO and farmer partnership in Minas Gerais, Brazil
by Cardoso, I. M. & Guijt, I. & Franco, F. S. & Carvalho, A. F. & Ferreira Neto, P. S.