January 2003, Volume 75, Issue 1
- 79-95 Logit models for identifying the factors that influence the uptake of new `no-tillage' technologies by farmers in the rice-wheat and the cotton-wheat farming systems of Pakistan's Punjab
by Sheikh, A. D. & Rehman, T. & Yates, C. M.
- 97-117 Participatory Farm Management methods for assessing the suitability of potential innovations. A case study on green manuring options for tomato producers in Ghana
by Dorward, Peter & Galpin, Mark & Shepherd, Derek
December 2002, Volume 74, Issue 3
- 305-307 Applying seasonal climate prediction to agricultural production
by Hansen, J. W.
- 309-330 Realizing the potential benefits of climate prediction to agriculture: issues, approaches, challenges
by Hansen, James W.
- 331-349 Opportunities and constraints for farmers of west Africa to use seasonal precipitation forecasts with Burkina Faso as a case study
by Ingram, K. T. & Roncoli, M. C. & Kirshen, P. H.
- 351-369 Implications of farm-level response to seasonal climate forecasts for aggregate grain production in Zimbabwe
by Phillips, J. G. & Deane, D. & Unganai, L. & Chimeli, A.
- 371-392 Use of ENSO-related climate information in agricultural decision making in Argentina: a pilot experience
by Podesta, Guillermo & Letson, David & Messina, Carlos & Royce, Fred & Ferreyra, R. Andres & Jones, James & Hansen, James & Llovet, Ignacio & Grondona, Martin & O'Brien, James J.
- 393-414 Infusing the use of seasonal climate forecasting into crop management practice in North East Australia using discussion support software
by Nelson, R. A. & Holzworth, D. P. & Hammer, G. L. & Hayman, P. T.
- 415-430 Responding to stakeholder's demands for climate information: from research to applications in Florida
by Jagtap, S. S. & Jones, J. W. & Hildebrand, P. & Letson, D. & O'Brien, J. J. & Podesta, G. & Zierden, D. & Zazueta, F.
- 431-457 Use of climate information for farm-level decision making: rainfed groundnut in southern India
by Gadgil, Sulochana & Seshagiri Rao, P. R. & Narahari Rao, K.
- 459-477 Enhanced risk management and decision-making capability across the sugarcane industry value chain based on seasonal climate forecasts
by Everingham, Y. L. & Muchow, R. C. & Stone, R. C. & Inman-Bamber, N. G. & Singels, A. & Bezuidenhout, C. N.
November 2002, Volume 74, Issue 2
- 221-240 Sheep animal welfare in a low rainfall Mediterranean environment: a profitable investment?
by Kingwell, R.
- 241-255 An economic approach for a better understanding of conflicts between farmers and nature conservationists--an application of the decision support system MODAM to the Lower Odra Valley National Park
by Kachele, H. & Dabbert, S.
- 257-270 Assessing the consequences of technological change on farm enterprises in southeastern Nigeria by use of factor analysis
by Alimba, J. O. & Akubuilo, C. J. C.
- 271-286 Investigating strategies for minimising damage caused by the sugarcane pest Eldana saccharina
by Horton, Petrovious M. & Hearne, John W. & Apaloo, Joseph & Conlong, Desmond E. & Way, Michael J. & Uys, Pieter
- 287-302 Validation of SPUR2.4 rangeland simulation model using a cow-calf field experiment
by Teague, W. R. & Foy, J. K.
- 303-304 Animal Welfare: Colin Spedding (Ed.). Earthscan Publications Ltd., London, 2000, 188 pp. Price: [pound sign]12.95 (paperback). ISBN 1 85383 672 9
by Kennedy, David
October 2002, Volume 74, Issue 1
- 1-10 Probing the enigma of the decision support system for farmers: Learning from experience and from theory
by McCown, R. L. & Hochman, Z. & Carberry, P. S.
- 11-25 Locating agricultural decision support systems in the troubled past and socio-technical complexity of `models for management'
by McCown, R. L.
- 27-56 SIRATAC and CottonLOGIC: persevering with DSSs in the Australian cotton industry
by Hearn, A. B. & Bange, M. P.
- 57-77 An ecology of a DSS: reflections on managing wheat crops in the northeastern Australian grains region with WHEATMAN
by Hayman, P. T. & Easdown, W. J.
- 79-98 PCYield: model-based decision support for soybean production
by Welch, S. M. & Jones, J. W. & Brennan, M. W. & Reeder, G. & Jacobson, B. M.
- 99-113 Insights in development and deployment of the GLA and NUTBAL decision support systems for grazinglands
by Stuth, Jerry W. & Hamilton, Wayne T. & Conner, Richard
- 115-139 Evolution of the GRAZPLAN decision support tools and adoption by the grazing industry in temperate Australia
by Donnelly, J. R. & Freer, M. & Salmon, L. & Moore, A. D. & Simpson, R. J. & Dove, H. & Bolger, T. P.
- 141-177 The FARMSCAPE approach to decision support: farmers', advisers', researchers' monitoring, simulation, communication and performance evaluation
by Carberry, P. S. & Hochman, Z. & McCown, R. L. & Dalgliesh, N. P. & Foale, M. A. & Poulton, P. L. & Hargreaves, J. N. G. & Hargreaves, D. M. G. & Cawthray, S. & Hillcoat, N. & Robertson, M. J.
- 179-220 Changing systems for supporting farmers' decisions: problems, paradigms, and prospects
by McCown, R. L.
September 2002, Volume 73, Issue 3
- 233-260 Decision-making processes for crop management on African farms. Modelling from a case study of cotton crops in northern Cameroon
by Dounias, I. & Aubry, C. & Capillon, A.
- 261-278 Modeling within-season sugarcane growth for optimal harvest system selection
by Salassi, M. E. & Breaux, J. B. & Naquin, C. J.
- 279-296 Livestock manure systems for swine finishing enterprises
by Stonehouse, D. P. & de Vos, G. W. & Weersink, A.
- 297-311 Analysis of a complex crop production system in interdependent agro-ecological zones: a methodological approach for potatoes in Argentina
by Caldiz, Daniel O. & Haverkort, Anton J. & Struik, Paul C.
- 313-324 Application of interactive multiple goal programming for red soil watershed development: a case study of Qingshishan watershed
by Jianbo, Lu & Zhaoqian, Wang & Penning de Vries, F. W. T.
August 2002, Volume 73, Issue 2
- 147-164 Sire selection with multiple objectives
by Stokes, Jeffrey R. & Tozer, Peter R.
- 165-172 Estimating spatial cattle and swine inventories from limited data
by Bland, William L.
- 173-203 Analysing crop yield and plant quality in an intercropping system using an eco-physiological model for interplant competition
by Baumann, D. T. & Bastiaans, L. & Goudriaan, J. & van Laar, H. H. & Kropff, M. J.
- 205-225 Use of CERES-Maize to study effect of spatial precipitation variability on yield
by O'Neal, Monte R. & Frankenberger, Jane R. & Ess, Daniel R.
- 227-232 A History of Farming Systems Research: Edited by M. Collinson, CABI Publishing, Wallingford, 2000, 432 pp. Price: [pound sign]65.00, Hardback, ISBN 0-85199-405-9
by Lynam, John
July 2002, Volume 73, Issue 1
- 1-2 Preface
by Loevinsohn, Michael E.
- 3-22 Deepening the basis of rural resource management: learning processes and decision support
by Loevinsohn, Michael E. & Berdegue, Julio A. & Guijt, Irene
- 23-39 Enhancing the adaptive capacity of the resource users in natural resource management
by Hagmann, Jurgen & Chuma, Edward
- 41-56 Understanding interdependencies: stakeholder identification and negotiation for collective natural resource management
by Ravnborg, Helle Munk & Westermann, Olaf
- 57-81 Learning about methodology development for integrated soil fertility management
by Defoer, Toon
- 83-97 Equitable ecology: collaborative learning for local benefit in Amazonia
by Shanley, Patricia & Rodrigues Gaia, Gloria
- 99-111 Joint learning with GIS: multi-actor resource management
by Gonzalez, Rhodora M.
- 113-127 Decision support, learning and rural resource management
by Walker, Daniel H.
- 129-145 Creating tools for farmers' learning: an application of developmental work research
by Seppanen, Laura
June 2002, Volume 72, Issue 3
- 177-196 Adoption of agroforestry in the hills of Nepal: a logistic regression analysis
by Neupane, Ramji P. & Sharma, Khem R. & Thapa, Gopal B.
- 197-213 Adoption of nutrient management techniques to reduce hypoxia in the Gulf of Mexico
by Robinson, Jill R. & Napier, Ted L.
- 215-239 Error analysis of soil temperature simulations using measured and estimated hourly weather data with 2DSOIL
by Timlin, D. J. & Pachepsky, Ya. & Acock, B. A. & Simunek, J. & Flerchinger, G. & Whisler, F.
- 241-261 Modification and evaluation of the crop nitrogen model N_ABLE using Norwegian field data
by Yang, J. & Rowell, D. L. & Burns, I. G. & Guttormsen, G. & Riley, H. & Wadsworth, G. A.
- 263-264 Agricultural Technologies and Tropical Deforestation
by Hecht, Susanna
- 264-265 Sustainable Management of Soil Organic Matter
by van Lauwe, Bernard
May 2002, Volume 72, Issue 2
- 93-108 Potential benefits from alternative areas of agricultural research for dryland farming in northern Syria
by Petersen, E. H. & Pannell, D. J. & Nordblom, T. L. & Shomo, F.
- 109-131 Learning selection: an evolutionary model for understanding, implementing and evaluating participatory technology development
by Douthwaite, B. & Keatinge, J. D. H. & Park, J. R.
- 133-148 An economic evaluation of native pasture systems in south-eastern New South Wales
by Vere, D. T. & Jones, R. E. & Campbell, M. H.
- 149-172 Assessment of energy use in arable farming systems by means of an agro-ecological indicator: the energy indicator
by Pervanchon, F. & Bockstaller, C. & Girardin, P.
- 173-174 Ecological economics, an introduction
by Thornton, Philip
- 174-175 Introduction to Animal Science
by Minjauw, Bruno
April 2002, Volume 72, Issue 1
- 9-31 Management planning for winter wheat with multiple objectives (1): The BETHA system
by Loyce, C. & Rellier, J. P. & Meynard, J. M.
- 33-57 Management planning for winter wheat with multiple objectives (2): ethanol-wheat production
by Loyce, C. & Rellier, J. P. & Meynard, J. M.
- 59-71 Comparing three alternative optimisation methods for the treatment planning of bulbs
by Broekmeulen, Rob A. C. M. & van Weert, Arjen & Saedt, Anton P. H.
- 73-92 Assessing research impact on poverty: the importance of farmers' perspectives
by Kristjanson, P. & Place, F. & Franzel, S. & Thornton, P. K.
March 2002, Volume 71, Issue 3
- 187-206 A modelling approach for analysis of agro pastoral activity at the one-farm level
by Herve, D. & Genin, D. & Migueis, J.
- 207-230 Relationships between farm characteristics and the variation of the density of hedgerows at the level of a micro-region of bocage landscape. Study case in Brittany, France
by Thenail, C.
- 231-247 A goal-oriented approach to identify and engineer land use systems
by Hengsdijk, H. & van Ittersum, M. K.
- 249-274 A review of agricultural research issues raised by the system of rice intensification (SRI) from Madagascar: opportunities for improving farming systems for resource-poor farmers
by Stoop, Willem A. & Uphoff, Norman & Kassam, Amir
2002, Volume 71, Issue 1-2
- 1-4 Editorial
by Thomas, Derrick
- 5-15 Crop-animal systems in Asia: importance of livestock and characterisation of agro-ecological zones
by Devendra, C. & Thomas, D.
- 17-25 Smallholder farming systems in Asia
by Devendra, C. & Thomas, D.
- 27-40 Crop-animal interactions in mixed farming systems in Asia
by Devendra, C. & Thomas, D.
- 41-57 Increasing animal productivity on small mixed farms in South Asia: a systems perspective
by Thomas, D. & Zerbini, E. & Parthasarathy Rao, P. & Vaidyanathan, A.
- 59-73 Availability and use of feed resources in crop-animal systems in Asia
by Devendra, C. & Sevilla, C. C.
- 75-98 Forage options for smallholder crop-animal systems in Southeast Asia: working with farmers to find solutions
by Stur, W. W. & Horne, P. M. & Gabunada Jr., F. A. & Phengsavanh, P. & Kerridge, P. C.
- 99-110 Use of draught animal power on small mixed farms in Asia
by Lawrence, P. R. & Pearson, R. A.
- 111-126 Livestock and nutrient cycling in crop-animal systems in Asia
by Thorne, P. J. & Tanner, J. C.
- 127-146 Integration of aquaculture into crop-animal systems in Asia
by Prein, M.
- 147-168 Crop-animal systems in Asia: socio-economic benefits and impacts on rural livelihoods
by Paris, Thelma R.
- 169-177 Crop-animal systems in Asia: implications for research
by Devendra, C.
- 179-186 Crop-animal systems in Asia: future perspectives
by Devendra, C.
2001, Volume 70, Issue 2-3
- 353-354 Advances in systems approaches for agricultural development
by Kropff, M. J. & Jones, J. W. & van Laar, Gon
- 355-368 An international collaborative network for agricultural systems applications (ICASA)
by Bouma, J. & Jones, J. W.
- 369-393 Systems approaches for the design of sustainable agro-ecosystems
by Kropff, M. J. & Bouma, J. & Jones, J. W.
- 395-420 Physiology and modelling of traits in crop plants: implications for genetic improvement
by Boote, K. J. & Kropff, M. J. & Bindraban, P. S.
- 421-443 Approaches to modular model development
by Jones, J. W. & Keating, B. A. & Porter, C. H.
- 445-476 Tools for optimizing management of spatially-variable fields
by Booltink, H. W. G. & van Alphen, B. J. & Batchelor, W. D. & Paz, J. O. & Stoorvogel, J. J. & Vargas, R.
- 477-492 Agronomic data: advances in documentation and protocols for exchange and use
by Hunt, L. A. & White, J. W. & Hoogenboom, G.
- 493-513 Increasing profits and reducing risks in crop production using participatory systems simulation approaches
by Meinke, H. & Baethgen, W. E. & Carberry, P. S. & Donatelli, M. & Hammer, G. L. & Selvaraju, R. & Stockle, C. O.
- 515-553 Advances in application of climate prediction in agriculture
by Hammer, G. L. & Hansen, J. W. & Phillips, J. G. & Mjelde, J. W. & Hill, H. & Love, A. & Potgieter, A.
- 555-579 Advances in farming systems analysis and intervention
by Keating, B. A. & McCown, R. L.
- 581-602 Integrated crop-livestock simulation models for scenario analysis and impact assessment
by Thornton, P. K. & Herrero, M.
- 603-622 A tool for community-based assessment of the implications of development on water security in hillside watersheds
by Luijten, J. C. & Knapp, E. B. & Jones, J. W.
- 623-640 Regional land use analysis: the development of operational tools
by Stoorvogel, J. J. & Antle, J. M.
October 2001, Volume 70, Issue 1
- 259-274 An assessment of the value of seasonal forecasting technology for Western Australian farmers
by Petersen, E. H. & Fraser, R. W.
- 275-294 Energy accounting and well-being -- examining UK organic and conventional farming systems through a human energy perspective
by Loake, C.
- 295-317 A mathematical programming model for improvement planning in a semi-subsistence farm
by Glen, J. J. & Tipper, R.
- 319-333 Gains from crop diversification in the Sudan Gezira scheme
by Guvele, C. A.
- 335-350 Development of a land quality index for sorghum in Indian semi-arid tropics (SAT)
by Mandal, D. K. & Mandal, C. & Velayutham, M.
September 2001, Volume 69, Issue 3
- 165-182 Simulation of water harvesting potential in rainfed ricelands using water balance model
by Panigrahi, B. & Panda, S. N. & Mull, R.
- 183-198 Tailoring agricultural extension to different production contexts: a user-friendly farm-household model to improve decision-making for participatory research
by Bernet, T. & Ortiz, O. & Estrada, R. D. & Quiroz, R. & Swinton, S. M.
- 199-213 Robust parameter settings of evolutionary algorithms for the optimisation of agricultural systems models
by Mayer, D. G. & Belward, J. A. & Burrage, K.
- 215-234 The use of EPIC model to study the agroecological change during 93 years of farming transformation in the Argentine pampas
by Bernardos, J. N. & Viglizzo, E. F. & Jouvet, V. & Lertora, F. A. & Pordomingo, A. J. & Cid, F. D.
- 235-257 Continual learning for agroforestry system design: university, NGO and farmer partnership in Minas Gerais, Brazil
by Cardoso, I. M. & Guijt, I. & Franco, F. S. & Carvalho, A. F. & Ferreira Neto, P. S.
2001, Volume 69, Issue 1-2
- 1-3 Process-based research in sustainable agricultural development: integrating social, economic and ecological perspectives
by Sinclair, F. L.
- 5-25 Towards a natural resource management paradigm for international agriculture: the example of agroforestry research
by Izac, A. -M. N. & Sanchez, P. A.
- 27-36 Institutional and professional obstacles to a more effective research process for smallholder agriculture
by Collinson, M.
- 37-62 Assessing the adoption potential of agroforestry practices in sub-Saharan Africa
by Franzel, S. & Coe, R. & Cooper, P. & Place, F. & Scherr, S. J.
- 63-83 Micro and macro-level approaches to modelling decision making
by McGregor, M. J. & Rola-Rubzen, M. F. & Murray-Prior, R.
- 85-98 Integrating research results into decision making about natural resource management at a catchment scale
by Walker, D. H. & Cowell, S. G. & Johnson, A. K. L.
- 99-118 Assessing sustainability of low-external-input farm management systems with the nutrient monitoring approach: a case study in Kenya
by De Jager, A. & Onduru, D. & van Wijk, M. S. & Vlaming, J. & Gachini, G. N.
- 119-135 Identifying social, economic and technical determinants of silvopastoral practices in temperate uplands: results of a survey in the Massif Central region of France
by Rapey, H. & Lifran, R. & Valadier, A.
- 137-149 Continued innovation in a Cambodian rice-based farming system: farmer testing and recombination of new elements
by Mak, S.
- 151-164 On-farm seed priming: using participatory methods to revive and refine a key technology
by Harris, D. & Pathan, A. K. & Gothkar, P. & Joshi, A. & Chivasa, W. & Nyamudeza, P.
June 2001, Volume 68, Issue 3
- 179-195 A systems approach for the estimation of the effects of land consolidation projects (LCPs): a model and its application
by Castro Coelho, J. & Aguiar Pinto, P. & Mira da Silva, L.
- 197-213 Managing forest biodiversity: a zero-one goal programming approach
by Bertomeu, M. & Romero, C.
- 215-232 Typology of cereal-sheep farming systems in Castile-La Mancha (south-central Spain)
by Caballero, Rafael
- 233-252 An inter-seasonal agricultural water allocation system (SAWAS)
by Salman, A. Z. & Al-Karablieh, E. K. & Fisher, F. M.
- 253-268 Impacts of cropping systems on soil nitrogen storage and loss
by Poudel, D. D. & Horwath, W. R. & Mitchell, J. P. & Temple, S. R.
May 2001, Volume 68, Issue 2
- 97-112 Spatial validation of crop models for precision agriculture
by Basso, B. & Ritchie, J. T. & Pierce, F. J. & Braga, R. P. & Jones, J. W.
- 113-135 A field practical approach for assessing biophysical sustainability of alternative agricultural systems
by Sulser, T. B. & Duryea, M. L. & Frolich, L. M. & Guevara-Cuaspud, E.
- 137-150 Evaluation of an algorithm for predicting albedo in heliotropic crops
by Weiss, A. & Arkebauer, T. J. & Walter-Shea, E. A.
- 151-173 Calibration and use of CROPGRO-soybean model for improving soybean management under rainfed conditions
by Ruiz-Nogueira, B. & Boote, K. J. & Sau, F.
- 175-176 Agricultural extension and rural development: breaking out of traditions
by Waithaka, M.
- 176-177 Animal Welfare by Colin Spedding
by Kennedy, D.
April 2001, Volume 68, Issue 1
- 1-20 Risk management in the design of a feeding ration: a portfolio theory approach
by Torres-Rojo, J. M.
- 21-40 Organic farming and the sustainability of agricultural systems
by Rigby, D. & Caceres, D.
- 41-54 Estimation of the infiltration rate of a paddy field in Yun-Lin, Taiwan
by Liu, Chen-Wuing & Chen, Shih-Kai & Jou, Shew-Wen & Kuo, Sheng-Feng
- 55-68 A model of mammalian energetics and growth: model development
by Vetharaniam, I. & MCall, D. G. & Fennessy, P. F. & Garrick, D. J.
- 69-91 A model of mammalian energetics and growth: model testing (sheep)
by Vetharaniam, I. & McCall, D. G. & Fennessy, P. F. & Garrick, D. J.
- 93-94 Statistical Experiment Design and Interpretation, an introduction with agricultural examples: C. Collins and F. Seeney. Wiley, Chichester, 1998, 280 pp. Price [pound sign]65.00 (hardback). ISBN 0 471 96006 3
by Booltink, Harry
- 94-96 Agriculture, Fertilizers and the Environment: M. Laegreid, O.C. Bockman and O. Kaarstad. CABI Publishing in association with Norsk Hydro ASA, 1999, 294 pp. Price: $22.50 or US$40.00 (paperback). ISBN 0-85199-358-3
by Thorburn, Peter
March 2001, Volume 67, Issue 3
- 139-152 Relating household characteristics to urban sheep keeping in West Africa
by Siegmund-Schultze, M. & Rischkowsky, B.
- 153-179 Characterising objective profiles of Costa Rican dairy farmers
by Solano, C. & Leon, H. & Perez, E. & Herrero, M.
- 181-199 Who makes farming decisions? A study of Costa Rican dairy farmers
by Solano, C. & Leon, H. & Perez, E. & Herrero, M.
- 201-215 A multi-objective programming approach to feed ration balancing and nutrient management
by Tozer, P. R. & Stokes, J. R.
February 2001, Volume 67, Issue 2
- 71-82 Application of simulation technique to activity-based costing of agricultural systems: a case study
by Lee, Tzong-Ru & Kao, Jui-Sheng
- 83-103 On-farm assessment of regional and seasonal variation in sunflower yield in Argentina
by Mercau, J. L. & Sadras, V. O. & Satorre, E. H. & Messina, C. & Balbi, C. & Uribelarrea, M. & Hall, A. J.
- 105-120 Modeling cropping strategies to improve human nutrition in Uganda
by McIntyre, B. D. & Bouldin, D. R. & Urey, G. H. & Kizito, F.
- 121-138 Effects of the measures envisaged in "Agenda 2000" on arable crop producers and beef and veal producers: an application of Positive Mathematical Programming to representative farms of a Spanish region
by Judez, L. & Chaya, C. & Martinez, S. & Gonzalez, A. A.
January 2001, Volume 67, Issue 1
- 1-20 Logistic modelling to identify and monitor local land management systems
by Gobin, A. & Campling, P. & Feyen, J.
- 21-30 Recommendation for fertilizer application for soils via qualitative reasoning
by Palhares de Melo, L. A. M. & Bertioli, D. J. & Cajueiro, E. V. M. & Bastos, R. C.
- 31-47 The origin and hazard of inputs to crop protection in organic farming systems: are they sustainable?
by Edwards-Jones, G. & Howells, O.
- 49-69 Biophysical and economic tradeoffs of intercropping timber with food crops in the Philippine uplands
by Nissen, T. M. & Midmore, D. J. & Keeler, A. G.
December 2000, Volume 66, Issue 3
- 1-1 Index
- 145-166 Prioritizing greenhouse gas emission mitigation measures for agriculture
by Kulshreshtha, S. N. & Junkins, B. & Desjardins, R.
- 167-189 Quantifying the environmental impact of production in agriculture and horticulture in The Netherlands: which emissions do we need to consider?
by Pluimers, J. C. & Kroeze, C. & Bakker, E. J. & Challa, H. & Hordijk, L.
- 191-204 The farmer as service provider: the demand for agricultural commodities and equine services
by Bailey, A. & Williams, N. & Palmer, M. & Geering, R.
- 205-206 Pillar of Sand. Can the Irrigation Miracle Last?: S. Postel; WW Norton & Company, New York, and World Watch Institute, 1999, 320 pages, paperback, ISBN 0-393-31937-7, $13.95
by Rabbinge, R.
November 2000, Volume 66, Issue 2
- 69-98 Incorporating tillage effects into a soybean model
by Andales, A. A. & Batchelor, W. D. & Anderson, C. E. & Farnham, D. E. & Whigham, D. K.
- 99-113 Quantifying trade-offs between pest sampling time and precision in commercial IPM sampling programs
by Cullen, E. M. & Zalom, F. G. & Flint, M. L. & Zilbert, E. E.
- 115-128 Effect of risk perspective on fertilizer choice by sharecroppers
by Paudel, K. P. & Lohr, L. & Martin, N. R.
- 129-144 Quantitative assessment of improved rice variety adoption: the farmer's perspective
by Sall, S. & Norman, D. & Featherstone, A. M.
October 2000, Volume 66, Issue 1
- 1-15 Summing up dynamics: modelling biological processes in variable temperature scenarios
by Tijskens, L. M. M. & Verdenius, F.
- 17-32 Risk and agricultural systems in northern Cote d'Ivoire
by Adesina, A. A. & Ouattara, A. D.
- 33-49 Use of evolutionary methods for bioeconomic optimization models: an application to fisheries
by Mardle, S. & Pascoe, S.
- 51-68 Modeling changes in farming systems with the adoption of improved fallows in southern Mali
by Kaya, B. & Hildebrand, P. E. & Nair, P. K. R.
September 2000, Volume 65, Issue 3
- 137-158 Fuzzy composite programming to combine remote sensing and crop models for decision support in precision crop management
by Jones, D. & Barnes, E. M.
- 159-177 Relationships between management intensity and structural and social variables in dairy and dual-purpose systems in Santa Cruz, Bolivia
by Solano, C. & Bernues, A. & Rojas, F. & Joaquin, N. & Fernandez, W. & Herrero, M.
- 179-199 Technical and allocative efficiency analysis for cattle fattening on Argentina Pampas
by Ruiz, D. E. M. & Pardo Sempere, L. & Garcia Martinez, A. & Rodriguez Alcaide, J. J. & Pamio, J. O. & Pena Blanco, F. & Domenech Garcia, V.
August 2000, Volume 65, Issue 2
- 73-97 Modelling the growth and utilisation of kikuyu grass (Pennisetum clandestinum) under grazing. 1. Model definition and parameterisation
by Herrero, M. & Fawcett, R. H. & Silveira, V. & Busque, J. & Bernues, A. & Dent, J. B.
- 99-111 Modelling the growth and utilisation of kikuyu grass (Pennisetum clandestinum) under grazing. 2. Model validation and analysis of management practices
by Herrero, M. & Fawcett, R. H. & Dent, J. B.
- 113-136 An assessment of the total external costs of UK agriculture
by Pretty, J. N. & Brett, C. & Gee, D. & Hine, R. E. & Mason, C. F. & Morison, J. I. L. & Raven, H. & Rayment, M. D. & van der Bijl, G.
July 2000, Volume 65, Issue 1
- 1-27 Management-oriented modeling: optimizing nitrogen management with artificial intelligence
by Li, MengBo & Yost, R. S.
- 29-41 Comparing genetic coefficient estimation methods using the CERES-Maize model
by Roman-Paoli, E. & Welch, S. M. & Vanderlip, R. L.
- 43-72 Scaling-up crop models for climate variability applications
by Hansen, J. W. & Jones, J. W.
June 2000, Volume 64, Issue 3
- 137-149 Use of a land cover model to identify farm types in the Misiones agrarian frontier (Argentina)
by Duvernoy, I.
- 151-170 Predicting corn and soybean productivity for Illinois soils
by Garcia-Paredes, J. D. & Olson, K. R. & Lang, J. M.
- 171-187 Incorporation of chlorothalonil persistence on processing tomato into TOM-CAST
by Patterson, J. M. & Nokes, S. E.
- 189-207 Site-specific modeling of corn yield in the SE coastal plain
by Sadler, E. J. & Gerwig, B. K. & Evans, D. E. & Busscher, W. J. & Bauer, P. J.
May 2000, Volume 64, Issue 2
- 67-81 Intensification of Sahelian farming systems: evidence from Niger
by Abdoulaye, T. & Lowenberg-DeBoer, J.
- 83-98 An ecological and economic analysis of phosphorus replenishment for Vihiga Division, western Kenya
by Soule, M. J. & Shepherd, K. D.
- 99-113 Relationships between yield and irrigation with low-quality water -- a system approach
by Sadeh, A. & Ravina, I.
- 115-130 Response of near-optimal agricultural production to water policies
by Amir, I. & Fisher, F. M.
- 131-133 Nutrient Disequilibria in Agroecosystems: Concepts and Case Studies: E.M.A. Smaling, O. Oenema, L.O. Fresco (Eds.); CABI Publishing, Wallingford, Oxon, UK, 1999, 336 pages, hardbound, ISBN 0 85199 268 4, UK [pound sign]60.00 (US$110.00)
by Smithson, P.
- 133-135 Soil Erosion at Multiple Scales. Principles and Methods for Assessing Causes and Impacts: F.W.T. Penning de Vries, F. Agus, J. Kerr (Eds.); CABI Publishing, Wallingford, Oxon, UK. in association with the International Board of Soil Research and Management (IBSRAM), 1998, 390 pages, hardbound, ISBN 0 85199 290 0, $60.00
by Howeler, R.
- 135-136 Agrobiodiversity: Characterization, Utilization and Management: D. Wood and J.M. Lenne (Eds.); CABI Publishing, Wallingford, 1999, 490 pages, hard cover, ISBN 0-85199-337-0, [pound sign]65 (US$120)
by Kristjanson, P.
April 2000, Volume 64, Issue 1
- 1-19 A model of growth and sugar accumulation of sugar beet for potential production conditions: SUBEMOpo I. Theory and model structure
by Vandendriessche, H. J.
- 21-35 A model of growth and sugar accumulation of sugar beet for potential production conditions: SUBEMOpoII. Model performance
by Vandendriessche, H. J.
- 37-53 Statistical methods for evaluating a crop nitrogen simulation model, N_ABLE
by Yang, J. & Greenwood, D. J. & Rowell, D. L. & Wadsworth, G. A. & Burns, I. G.
- 55-65 New sorghum and millet cultivar introduction in Sub-Saharan Africa: impacts and research agenda
by Ahmed, M. M. & Sanders, J. H. & Nell, W. T.
March 2000, Volume 63, Issue 3
- 147-159 Assessing regional impacts of change: linking economic and environmental models
by Attwood, J. D. & McCarl, B. & Chen, Chi-Chung & Eddleman, B. R. & Nayda, B. & Srinivasan, R.
- 161-173 Winter wheat fall-winter forage yield and grain yield response to planting date in a dual-purpose system
by Epplin, F. M. & Hossain, I. & Krenzer Jr., E. G.
- 175-194 Using economic incentives for pesticide usage reductions: responsiveness to input taxation and agricultural systems
by Falconer, K. & Hodge, I.
- 195-209 Modelling the long-term effects on farm net worth of investments in pasture fertilizer under constraints of family expenditure
by Scott, J. M. & Cacho, O.
- 211-228 Assessing the expected welfare effects of biotechnological change on perennial crops under varying economic environments: a dynamic model for cocoa in Malaysia
by Gotsch, N. & Herrmann, R.
February 2000, Volume 63, Issue 2
- 75-95 GIS-based fuzzy membership model for crop-land suitability analysis
by Nisar Ahamed, T. R. & Gopal Rao, K. & Murthy, J. S. R.
- 97-110 Fuzzy class membership approach to soil erosion modelling
by Nisar Ahamed, T. R. & Gopal Rao, K. & Murthy, J. S. R.
- 111-121 Determinants of chemical input use in peri-urban lowland systems: bivariate probit analysis in Cameroon
by Nkamleu, G. B. & Adesina, A. A.
- 123-140 Dynamics of spatial variability of millet growth and yields at three sites in Niger, West Africa and implications for precision agriculture research
by Gandah, M. & Stein, A. & Brouwer, J. & Bouma, J.
- 141-143 Under the Blade: The Conversion of Agricultural Landscapes
by Nicholson, Charles & Heleba, Debra
- 143-145 Maize Technology Development and Transfer. A GIS Application for Research Planning in Kenya. R.M. Hassan (Ed.). CAB International, in association with the International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) and the Kenya Agricultural Research Institute (KARI), Wallingford, UK, 1998, 230pp, hardcover, ISBN 0-85199-287-0, US$85.00
by Hoogenboom, G.
- 145-146 Against the Grain. M. Lappe, B. Bailey. Earthscan Publications Ltd., London, 1999,163pp, hardback, ISBN 1-85383-576-5, [pound sign]15.99
by Rutherford, A.
January 2000, Volume 63, Issue 1
- 1-18 Fuzzy multiple-criteria decision making for crop area planning in Narmada river basin
by Gupta, A. P. & Harboe, R. & Tabucanon, M. T.
- 19-32 Evaluation and application of the CROPGRO-Soybean simulation model in a Vertic Inceptisol
by Alagarswamy, G. & Singh, P. & Hoogenboom, G. & Wani, S. P. & Pathak, P. & Virmani, S. M.
- 33-47 OWSimu: an object-oriented and Web-based simulator for plant growth
by Pan, X. & Hesketh, J. D. & Huck, M. G.
- 49-72 Multicriteria analysis of derived water demand functions: a Spanish case study
by Gomez-Limon, J. A. & Berbel, J.
- 73-74 Evaluation of strategies for tracking climatic variation in semi-arid grazing systems
by Illius, A. W. & Derry, J. F. & Gordon, I. J.
December 1999, Volume 62, Issue 3
- 143-157 Optimal spacing and cultivation intensity for an industrialized crop production system
by Seginer, I. & Ioslovich, I.
- 159-168 Efficiency of government-supported horticulture: the case of Oman
by Zaibet, L. & Dharmapala, P. S.
- 169-188 Bio-economic evaluation of dairy farm management scenarios using integrated simulation and multiple-criteria models
by Herrero, M. & Fawcett, R. H. & Dent, J. B.
- 189-200 Evaluation of the CERES-Maize water and nitrogen balances under tile-drained conditions
by Garrison, M. V. & Batchelor, W. D. & Kanwar, R. S. & Ritchie, J. T.
- 201-215 Impacts of changing relative prices on farm level dairy production in the UK
by Ramsden, S. & Gibbons, J. & Wilson, P.