2002, Volume 71, Issue 1-2
- 27-40 Crop-animal interactions in mixed farming systems in Asia
by Devendra, C. & Thomas, D.
- 41-57 Increasing animal productivity on small mixed farms in South Asia: a systems perspective
by Thomas, D. & Zerbini, E. & Parthasarathy Rao, P. & Vaidyanathan, A.
- 59-73 Availability and use of feed resources in crop-animal systems in Asia
by Devendra, C. & Sevilla, C. C.
- 75-98 Forage options for smallholder crop-animal systems in Southeast Asia: working with farmers to find solutions
by Stur, W. W. & Horne, P. M. & Gabunada Jr., F. A. & Phengsavanh, P. & Kerridge, P. C.
- 99-110 Use of draught animal power on small mixed farms in Asia
by Lawrence, P. R. & Pearson, R. A.
- 111-126 Livestock and nutrient cycling in crop-animal systems in Asia
by Thorne, P. J. & Tanner, J. C.
- 127-146 Integration of aquaculture into crop-animal systems in Asia
by Prein, M.
- 147-168 Crop-animal systems in Asia: socio-economic benefits and impacts on rural livelihoods
by Paris, Thelma R.
- 169-177 Crop-animal systems in Asia: implications for research
by Devendra, C.
- 179-186 Crop-animal systems in Asia: future perspectives
by Devendra, C.
2001, Volume 70, Issue 2-3
- 353-354 Advances in systems approaches for agricultural development
by Kropff, M. J. & Jones, J. W. & van Laar, Gon
- 355-368 An international collaborative network for agricultural systems applications (ICASA)
by Bouma, J. & Jones, J. W.
- 369-393 Systems approaches for the design of sustainable agro-ecosystems
by Kropff, M. J. & Bouma, J. & Jones, J. W.
- 395-420 Physiology and modelling of traits in crop plants: implications for genetic improvement
by Boote, K. J. & Kropff, M. J. & Bindraban, P. S.
- 421-443 Approaches to modular model development
by Jones, J. W. & Keating, B. A. & Porter, C. H.
- 445-476 Tools for optimizing management of spatially-variable fields
by Booltink, H. W. G. & van Alphen, B. J. & Batchelor, W. D. & Paz, J. O. & Stoorvogel, J. J. & Vargas, R.
- 477-492 Agronomic data: advances in documentation and protocols for exchange and use
by Hunt, L. A. & White, J. W. & Hoogenboom, G.
- 493-513 Increasing profits and reducing risks in crop production using participatory systems simulation approaches
by Meinke, H. & Baethgen, W. E. & Carberry, P. S. & Donatelli, M. & Hammer, G. L. & Selvaraju, R. & Stockle, C. O.
- 515-553 Advances in application of climate prediction in agriculture
by Hammer, G. L. & Hansen, J. W. & Phillips, J. G. & Mjelde, J. W. & Hill, H. & Love, A. & Potgieter, A.
- 555-579 Advances in farming systems analysis and intervention
by Keating, B. A. & McCown, R. L.
- 581-602 Integrated crop-livestock simulation models for scenario analysis and impact assessment
by Thornton, P. K. & Herrero, M.
- 603-622 A tool for community-based assessment of the implications of development on water security in hillside watersheds
by Luijten, J. C. & Knapp, E. B. & Jones, J. W.
- 623-640 Regional land use analysis: the development of operational tools
by Stoorvogel, J. J. & Antle, J. M.
2001, Volume 70, Issue 1
- 259-274 An assessment of the value of seasonal forecasting technology for Western Australian farmers
by Petersen, E. H. & Fraser, R. W.
- 275-294 Energy accounting and well-being -- examining UK organic and conventional farming systems through a human energy perspective
by Loake, C.
- 295-317 A mathematical programming model for improvement planning in a semi-subsistence farm
by Glen, J. J. & Tipper, R.
- 319-333 Gains from crop diversification in the Sudan Gezira scheme
by Guvele, C. A.
- 335-350 Development of a land quality index for sorghum in Indian semi-arid tropics (SAT)
by Mandal, D. K. & Mandal, C. & Velayutham, M.
2001, Volume 69, Issue 3
- 165-182 Simulation of water harvesting potential in rainfed ricelands using water balance model
by Panigrahi, B. & Panda, S. N. & Mull, R.
- 183-198 Tailoring agricultural extension to different production contexts: a user-friendly farm-household model to improve decision-making for participatory research
by Bernet, T. & Ortiz, O. & Estrada, R. D. & Quiroz, R. & Swinton, S. M.
- 199-213 Robust parameter settings of evolutionary algorithms for the optimisation of agricultural systems models
by Mayer, D. G. & Belward, J. A. & Burrage, K.
- 215-234 The use of EPIC model to study the agroecological change during 93 years of farming transformation in the Argentine pampas
by Bernardos, J. N. & Viglizzo, E. F. & Jouvet, V. & Lertora, F. A. & Pordomingo, A. J. & Cid, F. D.
- 235-257 Continual learning for agroforestry system design: university, NGO and farmer partnership in Minas Gerais, Brazil
by Cardoso, I. M. & Guijt, I. & Franco, F. S. & Carvalho, A. F. & Ferreira Neto, P. S.
2001, Volume 69, Issue 1-2
- 1-3 Process-based research in sustainable agricultural development: integrating social, economic and ecological perspectives
by Sinclair, F. L.
- 5-25 Towards a natural resource management paradigm for international agriculture: the example of agroforestry research
by Izac, A. -M. N. & Sanchez, P. A.
- 27-36 Institutional and professional obstacles to a more effective research process for smallholder agriculture
by Collinson, M.
- 37-62 Assessing the adoption potential of agroforestry practices in sub-Saharan Africa
by Franzel, S. & Coe, R. & Cooper, P. & Place, F. & Scherr, S. J.
- 63-83 Micro and macro-level approaches to modelling decision making
by McGregor, M. J. & Rola-Rubzen, M. F. & Murray-Prior, R.
- 85-98 Integrating research results into decision making about natural resource management at a catchment scale
by Walker, D. H. & Cowell, S. G. & Johnson, A. K. L.
- 99-118 Assessing sustainability of low-external-input farm management systems with the nutrient monitoring approach: a case study in Kenya
by De Jager, A. & Onduru, D. & van Wijk, M. S. & Vlaming, J. & Gachini, G. N.
- 119-135 Identifying social, economic and technical determinants of silvopastoral practices in temperate uplands: results of a survey in the Massif Central region of France
by Rapey, H. & Lifran, R. & Valadier, A.
- 137-149 Continued innovation in a Cambodian rice-based farming system: farmer testing and recombination of new elements
by Mak, S.
- 151-164 On-farm seed priming: using participatory methods to revive and refine a key technology
by Harris, D. & Pathan, A. K. & Gothkar, P. & Joshi, A. & Chivasa, W. & Nyamudeza, P.
2001, Volume 68, Issue 3
- 179-195 A systems approach for the estimation of the effects of land consolidation projects (LCPs): a model and its application
by Castro Coelho, J. & Aguiar Pinto, P. & Mira da Silva, L.
- 197-213 Managing forest biodiversity: a zero-one goal programming approach
by Bertomeu, M. & Romero, C.
- 215-232 Typology of cereal-sheep farming systems in Castile-La Mancha (south-central Spain)
by Caballero, Rafael
- 233-252 An inter-seasonal agricultural water allocation system (SAWAS)
by Salman, A. Z. & Al-Karablieh, E. K. & Fisher, F. M.
- 253-268 Impacts of cropping systems on soil nitrogen storage and loss
by Poudel, D. D. & Horwath, W. R. & Mitchell, J. P. & Temple, S. R.
2001, Volume 68, Issue 2
- 97-112 Spatial validation of crop models for precision agriculture
by Basso, B. & Ritchie, J. T. & Pierce, F. J. & Braga, R. P. & Jones, J. W.
- 113-135 A field practical approach for assessing biophysical sustainability of alternative agricultural systems
by Sulser, T. B. & Duryea, M. L. & Frolich, L. M. & Guevara-Cuaspud, E.
- 137-150 Evaluation of an algorithm for predicting albedo in heliotropic crops
by Weiss, A. & Arkebauer, T. J. & Walter-Shea, E. A.
- 151-173 Calibration and use of CROPGRO-soybean model for improving soybean management under rainfed conditions
by Ruiz-Nogueira, B. & Boote, K. J. & Sau, F.
- 175-176 Agricultural extension and rural development: breaking out of traditions
by Waithaka, M.
- 176-177 Animal Welfare by Colin Spedding
by Kennedy, D.
2001, Volume 68, Issue 1
- 1-20 Risk management in the design of a feeding ration: a portfolio theory approach
by Torres-Rojo, J. M.
- 21-40 Organic farming and the sustainability of agricultural systems
by Rigby, D. & Caceres, D.
- 41-54 Estimation of the infiltration rate of a paddy field in Yun-Lin, Taiwan
by Liu, Chen-Wuing & Chen, Shih-Kai & Jou, Shew-Wen & Kuo, Sheng-Feng
- 55-68 A model of mammalian energetics and growth: model development
by Vetharaniam, I. & MCall, D. G. & Fennessy, P. F. & Garrick, D. J.
- 69-91 A model of mammalian energetics and growth: model testing (sheep)
by Vetharaniam, I. & McCall, D. G. & Fennessy, P. F. & Garrick, D. J.
- 93-94 Statistical Experiment Design and Interpretation, an introduction with agricultural examples: C. Collins and F. Seeney. Wiley, Chichester, 1998, 280 pp. Price [pound sign]65.00 (hardback). ISBN 0 471 96006 3
by Booltink, Harry
- 94-96 Agriculture, Fertilizers and the Environment: M. Laegreid, O.C. Bockman and O. Kaarstad. CABI Publishing in association with Norsk Hydro ASA, 1999, 294 pp. Price: $22.50 or US$40.00 (paperback). ISBN 0-85199-358-3
by Thorburn, Peter
2001, Volume 67, Issue 3
- 139-152 Relating household characteristics to urban sheep keeping in West Africa
by Siegmund-Schultze, M. & Rischkowsky, B.
- 153-179 Characterising objective profiles of Costa Rican dairy farmers
by Solano, C. & Leon, H. & Perez, E. & Herrero, M.
- 181-199 Who makes farming decisions? A study of Costa Rican dairy farmers
by Solano, C. & Leon, H. & Perez, E. & Herrero, M.
- 201-215 A multi-objective programming approach to feed ration balancing and nutrient management
by Tozer, P. R. & Stokes, J. R.
2001, Volume 67, Issue 2
- 71-82 Application of simulation technique to activity-based costing of agricultural systems: a case study
by Lee, Tzong-Ru & Kao, Jui-Sheng
- 83-103 On-farm assessment of regional and seasonal variation in sunflower yield in Argentina
by Mercau, J. L. & Sadras, V. O. & Satorre, E. H. & Messina, C. & Balbi, C. & Uribelarrea, M. & Hall, A. J.
- 105-120 Modeling cropping strategies to improve human nutrition in Uganda
by McIntyre, B. D. & Bouldin, D. R. & Urey, G. H. & Kizito, F.
- 121-138 Effects of the measures envisaged in "Agenda 2000" on arable crop producers and beef and veal producers: an application of Positive Mathematical Programming to representative farms of a Spanish region
by Judez, L. & Chaya, C. & Martinez, S. & Gonzalez, A. A.
2001, Volume 67, Issue 1
- 1-20 Logistic modelling to identify and monitor local land management systems
by Gobin, A. & Campling, P. & Feyen, J.
- 21-30 Recommendation for fertilizer application for soils via qualitative reasoning
by Palhares de Melo, L. A. M. & Bertioli, D. J. & Cajueiro, E. V. M. & Bastos, R. C.
- 31-47 The origin and hazard of inputs to crop protection in organic farming systems: are they sustainable?
by Edwards-Jones, G. & Howells, O.
- 49-69 Biophysical and economic tradeoffs of intercropping timber with food crops in the Philippine uplands
by Nissen, T. M. & Midmore, D. J. & Keeler, A. G.
2000, Volume 66, Issue 3
- 145-166 Prioritizing greenhouse gas emission mitigation measures for agriculture
by Kulshreshtha, S. N. & Junkins, B. & Desjardins, R.
- 167-189 Quantifying the environmental impact of production in agriculture and horticulture in The Netherlands: which emissions do we need to consider?
by Pluimers, J. C. & Kroeze, C. & Bakker, E. J. & Challa, H. & Hordijk, L.
- 191-204 The farmer as service provider: the demand for agricultural commodities and equine services
by Bailey, A. & Williams, N. & Palmer, M. & Geering, R.
- 205-206 Pillar of Sand. Can the Irrigation Miracle Last?: S. Postel; WW Norton & Company, New York, and World Watch Institute, 1999, 320 pages, paperback, ISBN 0-393-31937-7, $13.95
by Rabbinge, R.
- IX-XI Index
2000, Volume 66, Issue 2
- 69-98 Incorporating tillage effects into a soybean model
by Andales, A. A. & Batchelor, W. D. & Anderson, C. E. & Farnham, D. E. & Whigham, D. K.
- 99-113 Quantifying trade-offs between pest sampling time and precision in commercial IPM sampling programs
by Cullen, E. M. & Zalom, F. G. & Flint, M. L. & Zilbert, E. E.
- 115-128 Effect of risk perspective on fertilizer choice by sharecroppers
by Paudel, K. P. & Lohr, L. & Martin, N. R.
- 129-144 Quantitative assessment of improved rice variety adoption: the farmer's perspective
by Sall, S. & Norman, D. & Featherstone, A. M.
2000, Volume 66, Issue 1
- 1-15 Summing up dynamics: modelling biological processes in variable temperature scenarios
by Tijskens, L. M. M. & Verdenius, F.
- 17-32 Risk and agricultural systems in northern Cote d'Ivoire
by Adesina, A. A. & Ouattara, A. D.
- 33-49 Use of evolutionary methods for bioeconomic optimization models: an application to fisheries
by Mardle, S. & Pascoe, S.
- 51-68 Modeling changes in farming systems with the adoption of improved fallows in southern Mali
by Kaya, B. & Hildebrand, P. E. & Nair, P. K. R.
2000, Volume 65, Issue 3
- 137-158 Fuzzy composite programming to combine remote sensing and crop models for decision support in precision crop management
by Jones, D. & Barnes, E. M.
- 159-177 Relationships between management intensity and structural and social variables in dairy and dual-purpose systems in Santa Cruz, Bolivia
by Solano, C. & Bernues, A. & Rojas, F. & Joaquin, N. & Fernandez, W. & Herrero, M.
- 179-199 Technical and allocative efficiency analysis for cattle fattening on Argentina Pampas
by Ruiz, D. E. M. & Pardo Sempere, L. & Garcia Martinez, A. & Rodriguez Alcaide, J. J. & Pamio, J. O. & Pena Blanco, F. & Domenech Garcia, V.
2000, Volume 65, Issue 2
- 73-97 Modelling the growth and utilisation of kikuyu grass (Pennisetum clandestinum) under grazing. 1. Model definition and parameterisation
by Herrero, M. & Fawcett, R. H. & Silveira, V. & Busque, J. & Bernues, A. & Dent, J. B.
- 99-111 Modelling the growth and utilisation of kikuyu grass (Pennisetum clandestinum) under grazing. 2. Model validation and analysis of management practices
by Herrero, M. & Fawcett, R. H. & Dent, J. B.
- 113-136 An assessment of the total external costs of UK agriculture
by Pretty, J. N. & Brett, C. & Gee, D. & Hine, R. E. & Mason, C. F. & Morison, J. I. L. & Raven, H. & Rayment, M. D. & van der Bijl, G.
2000, Volume 65, Issue 1
- 1-27 Management-oriented modeling: optimizing nitrogen management with artificial intelligence
by Li, MengBo & Yost, R. S.
- 29-41 Comparing genetic coefficient estimation methods using the CERES-Maize model
by Roman-Paoli, E. & Welch, S. M. & Vanderlip, R. L.
- 43-72 Scaling-up crop models for climate variability applications
by Hansen, J. W. & Jones, J. W.
2000, Volume 64, Issue 3
- 137-149 Use of a land cover model to identify farm types in the Misiones agrarian frontier (Argentina)
by Duvernoy, I.
- 151-170 Predicting corn and soybean productivity for Illinois soils
by Garcia-Paredes, J. D. & Olson, K. R. & Lang, J. M.
- 171-187 Incorporation of chlorothalonil persistence on processing tomato into TOM-CAST
by Patterson, J. M. & Nokes, S. E.
- 189-207 Site-specific modeling of corn yield in the SE coastal plain
by Sadler, E. J. & Gerwig, B. K. & Evans, D. E. & Busscher, W. J. & Bauer, P. J.
2000, Volume 64, Issue 2
- 67-81 Intensification of Sahelian farming systems: evidence from Niger
by Abdoulaye, T. & Lowenberg-DeBoer, J.
- 83-98 An ecological and economic analysis of phosphorus replenishment for Vihiga Division, western Kenya
by Soule, M. J. & Shepherd, K. D.
- 99-113 Relationships between yield and irrigation with low-quality water -- a system approach
by Sadeh, A. & Ravina, I.
- 115-130 Response of near-optimal agricultural production to water policies
by Amir, I. & Fisher, F. M.
- 131-133 Nutrient Disequilibria in Agroecosystems: Concepts and Case Studies: E.M.A. Smaling, O. Oenema, L.O. Fresco (Eds.); CABI Publishing, Wallingford, Oxon, UK, 1999, 336 pages, hardbound, ISBN 0 85199 268 4, UK [pound sign]60.00 (US$110.00)
by Smithson, P.
- 133-135 Soil Erosion at Multiple Scales. Principles and Methods for Assessing Causes and Impacts: F.W.T. Penning de Vries, F. Agus, J. Kerr (Eds.); CABI Publishing, Wallingford, Oxon, UK. in association with the International Board of Soil Research and Management (IBSRAM), 1998, 390 pages, hardbound, ISBN 0 85199 290 0, $60.00
by Howeler, R.
- 135-136 Agrobiodiversity: Characterization, Utilization and Management: D. Wood and J.M. Lenne (Eds.); CABI Publishing, Wallingford, 1999, 490 pages, hard cover, ISBN 0-85199-337-0, [pound sign]65 (US$120)
by Kristjanson, P.
2000, Volume 64, Issue 1
- 1-19 A model of growth and sugar accumulation of sugar beet for potential production conditions: SUBEMOpo I. Theory and model structure
by Vandendriessche, H. J.
- 21-35 A model of growth and sugar accumulation of sugar beet for potential production conditions: SUBEMOpoII. Model performance
by Vandendriessche, H. J.
- 37-53 Statistical methods for evaluating a crop nitrogen simulation model, N_ABLE
by Yang, J. & Greenwood, D. J. & Rowell, D. L. & Wadsworth, G. A. & Burns, I. G.
- 55-65 New sorghum and millet cultivar introduction in Sub-Saharan Africa: impacts and research agenda
by Ahmed, M. M. & Sanders, J. H. & Nell, W. T.
2000, Volume 63, Issue 3
- 147-159 Assessing regional impacts of change: linking economic and environmental models
by Attwood, J. D. & McCarl, B. & Chen, Chi-Chung & Eddleman, B. R. & Nayda, B. & Srinivasan, R.
- 161-173 Winter wheat fall-winter forage yield and grain yield response to planting date in a dual-purpose system
by Epplin, F. M. & Hossain, I. & Krenzer Jr., E. G.
- 175-194 Using economic incentives for pesticide usage reductions: responsiveness to input taxation and agricultural systems
by Falconer, K. & Hodge, I.
- 195-209 Modelling the long-term effects on farm net worth of investments in pasture fertilizer under constraints of family expenditure
by Scott, J. M. & Cacho, O.
- 211-228 Assessing the expected welfare effects of biotechnological change on perennial crops under varying economic environments: a dynamic model for cocoa in Malaysia
by Gotsch, N. & Herrmann, R.
2000, Volume 63, Issue 2
- 75-95 GIS-based fuzzy membership model for crop-land suitability analysis
by Nisar Ahamed, T. R. & Gopal Rao, K. & Murthy, J. S. R.
- 97-110 Fuzzy class membership approach to soil erosion modelling
by Nisar Ahamed, T. R. & Gopal Rao, K. & Murthy, J. S. R.
- 111-121 Determinants of chemical input use in peri-urban lowland systems: bivariate probit analysis in Cameroon
by Nkamleu, G. B. & Adesina, A. A.
- 123-140 Dynamics of spatial variability of millet growth and yields at three sites in Niger, West Africa and implications for precision agriculture research
by Gandah, M. & Stein, A. & Brouwer, J. & Bouma, J.
- 141-143 Under the Blade: The Conversion of Agricultural Landscapes
by Nicholson, Charles & Heleba, Debra
- 143-145 Maize Technology Development and Transfer. A GIS Application for Research Planning in Kenya. R.M. Hassan (Ed.). CAB International, in association with the International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) and the Kenya Agricultural Research Institute (KARI), Wallingford, UK, 1998, 230pp, hardcover, ISBN 0-85199-287-0, US$85.00
by Hoogenboom, G.
- 145-146 Against the Grain. M. Lappe, B. Bailey. Earthscan Publications Ltd., London, 1999,163pp, hardback, ISBN 1-85383-576-5, [pound sign]15.99
by Rutherford, A.
2000, Volume 63, Issue 1
- 1-18 Fuzzy multiple-criteria decision making for crop area planning in Narmada river basin
by Gupta, A. P. & Harboe, R. & Tabucanon, M. T.
- 19-32 Evaluation and application of the CROPGRO-Soybean simulation model in a Vertic Inceptisol
by Alagarswamy, G. & Singh, P. & Hoogenboom, G. & Wani, S. P. & Pathak, P. & Virmani, S. M.
- 33-47 OWSimu: an object-oriented and Web-based simulator for plant growth
by Pan, X. & Hesketh, J. D. & Huck, M. G.
- 49-72 Multicriteria analysis of derived water demand functions: a Spanish case study
by Gomez-Limon, J. A. & Berbel, J.
- 73-74 Evaluation of strategies for tracking climatic variation in semi-arid grazing systems
by Illius, A. W. & Derry, J. F. & Gordon, I. J.
1999, Volume 62, Issue 3
- 143-157 Optimal spacing and cultivation intensity for an industrialized crop production system
by Seginer, I. & Ioslovich, I.
- 159-168 Efficiency of government-supported horticulture: the case of Oman
by Zaibet, L. & Dharmapala, P. S.
- 169-188 Bio-economic evaluation of dairy farm management scenarios using integrated simulation and multiple-criteria models
by Herrero, M. & Fawcett, R. H. & Dent, J. B.
- 189-200 Evaluation of the CERES-Maize water and nitrogen balances under tile-drained conditions
by Garrison, M. V. & Batchelor, W. D. & Kanwar, R. S. & Ritchie, J. T.
- 201-215 Impacts of changing relative prices on farm level dairy production in the UK
by Ramsden, S. & Gibbons, J. & Wilson, P.
1999, Volume 62, Issue 2
- 73-85 Participatory Rural Appraisal: extending the research methods base
by Loader, R. & Amartya, L.
- 87-103 A systems approach to comparing indigenous and scientific knowledge: consistency and discriminatory power of indigenous and laboratory assessment of the nutritive value of tree fodder
by Walker, D. H. & Thorne, P. J. & Sinclair, F. L. & Thapa, B. & Wood, C. D. & Subba, D. B.
- 105-116 Validation of multicriteria analysis models
by Qureshi, M. E. & Harrison, S. R. & Wegener, M. K.
- 117-129 Multicriterion decision making in irrigation planning
by Raju, K. S & Kumar, D. N
- 131-141 Fractional programming: a tool for the assessment of sustainability
by Lara, P. & Stancu-Minasian, I.
1999, Volume 62, Issue 1
- 1-15 The promising impact of ley introduction and herd expansion on soil organic matter content in southern Mali
by Bosma, R. H. & Bos, M. & Kante, S. & Kebe, D. & Quak, W.
- 17-28 Dynamic programming to determine optimum investments in information technology on dairy farms
by van Asseldonk, M. A. P. M. & Huirne, R. B. M. & Dijkhuizen, A. A. & Beulens, A. J. M.
- 29-49 Frame-based modelling as a method of simulating rangeland production systems in the long term
by Hahn, B. D. & Richardson, F. D. & Starfield, A. M.
- 51-67 Exploring changes in the spatial distribution of livestock in China
by Verburg, P. H. & Keulen, H. van
- 69-67 Book reviews
by Parish, Dennis H.
- 70-71 Book reviews
by Boote, Ken J.
1999, Volume 61, Issue 3
- 151-164 A model to find and test decision rules for turnout date and grazing area allocation for a dairy cow system in spring
by Coleno, F. C. & Duru, M.
- 165-178 A bioeconomic decision model comparing composted and fresh litter for winter squash
by Andrews, S. S. & Lohr, L. & Cabrera, M. L.
- 179-189 A management approach to change on farms
by Gafsi, M.
- 191-205 Institutional management regimes for pricing of irrigation water: the French model -- lessons for India
by Nagaraj, N.
- 207-221 Dynamics of a sheep population in a Sahelian area (Ndiagne district in Senegal): a periodic matrix model
by Lesnoff, M.
- 223-224 Book review
by de Leeuw, Peter
1999, Volume 61, Issue 2
- 77-93 Multi-scale modelling of land use change dynamics in Ecuador
by de Koning, G. H. J. & Verburg, P. H. & Veldkamp, A. & Fresco, L. O.
- 95-107 A predictive model for beef cattle growth and carcass composition
by Kilpatrick, D. J. & Steen, R. W. J.
- 109-121 Quantification of land use systems using technical coefficient generators: a case study for the Northern Atlantic zone of Costa Rica
by Hengsdijk, H. & Bouman, B. A. M. & Nieuwenhuyse, A. & Jansen, H. G. P.
- 123-134 On the estimation of on-farm benefits of agricultural research
by Pannell, D. J.
- 135-146 Exploring the link between farmers' objectives and the phenomenon of pasture degradation in the beef production systems of Central Brazil
by Costa, F. P. & Rehman, T.
- 147-146 Book reviews
by Thorpe, B.
- 148-149 Book review
by Muinga, R.
1999, Volume 61, Issue 1
- 1-16 Modelling non-structural carbohydrates in forage grasses with weather data
by Wulfes, R. & Nyman, P. & Kornher, A.
- 17-31 Economic optimization of dairy heifer management decisions
by Mourits, M. C. M. & Huirne, R. B. M. & Dijkhuizen, A. A. & Kristensen, A. R. & Galligan, D. T.
- 33-44 A conceptual model for analysing input-output coefficients in arable farming systems: from diagnosis towards design
by de Koeijer, T. J. & Wossink, G. A. A. & van Ittersum, M. K. & Struik, P. C. & Renkema, J. A.
- 45-56 Analyzing agricultural demand for water with an optimizing model
by Amir, I. & Fisher, F. M.
- 57-68 Optimal rotation of peanuts and cotton to manage soil-borne organisms
by Taylor, C. R. & Rodriguez-Kabana, R.
- 69-75 Model-based technique to determine variable rate nitrogen for corn
by Paz, J. O. & Batchelor, W. D. & Babcock, B. A. & Colvin, T. S. & Logsdon, S. D. & Kaspar, T. C. & Karlen, D. L.
1999, Volume 60, Issue 3
- 157-167 Toward integrated assessment in agriculture
by Bland, W. L.
- 169-174 Modeling digestibility dynamics in leaf segments in a grass: a new approach to forage quality changes in a growing plant
by Hirata, M.
- 175-196 EPICphase, a version of the EPIC model simulating the effects of water and nitrogen stress on biomass and yield, taking account of developmental stages: validation on maize, sunflower, sorghum, soybean and winter wheat
by Cabelguenne, M. & Debaeke, P. & Bouniols, A.
- 197-212 Land allocation conditioned on El Nino-Southern Oscillation phases in the Pampas of Argentina
by Messina, C. D. & Hansen, J. W. & Hall, A. J.
- 213-225 The effect of the use of improved climate forecasts on variable costs, input usage, and production
by Mjelde, J. W. & Hill, H. S. J.
1999, Volume 60, Issue 2
- 77-86 Long-term assessment of nitrogen and variety technologies on attainable maize yields in Nigeria using CERES-maize
by Jagtap, S. S. & Abamu, F. J. & Kling, J. G.
- 87-98 Assessment of production risk in grazing models
by Cacho, O. J. & Bywater, A. C. & Dillon, J. L.
- 99-112 Environmental-economic decision-making in lowland irrigated agriculture using multi-criteria analysis techniques
by Tiwari, D. N. & Loof, R. & Paudyal, G. N.
- 113-122 Survival of the fittest--genetic algorithms versus evolution strategies in the optimization of systems models
by Mayer, D. G. & Belward, J. A. & Widell, H. & Burrage, K.
- 123-135 Modeling nitrogen cycling in tomato-safflower and tomato-wheat rotations
by Cavero, J. & Plant, R. E. & Shennan, C. & Friedman, D. B. & Williams, J. R. & Kiniry, J. R. & Benson, V. W.
- 137-155 Replanting strategies for grain sorghum under risk
by Williams, J. R. & DeLano, D. R. & Heiniger, R. W. & Vanderlip, R. L. & Llewelyn, R. V.
1999, Volume 60, Issue 1
- 1-16 Impact of policy interventions on land management in Honduras: results of a bioeconomic model
by Barbier, B. & Bergeron, G.
- 17-53 Methodological proposal for modelling and implementing regulation application problems in a knowledge-based system
by Recio, B. & Acuna, S. T. & Juristo, N.
- 55-69 Effects of climatic and price uncertainty on the value of legume crops in a Mediterranean-type environment
by Schilizzi, S. G. M. & Kingwell, R. S.
1999, Volume 59, Issue 3
- 245-255 DAIRYPRO--a knowledge-based decision support system for strategic planning on sub-tropical dairy farms. I. System description
by Kerr, D. V. & Cowan, R. T. & Chaseling, J.
- 257-266 DAIRYPRO--a knowledge-based decision support system for strategic planning on sub-tropical dairy farms. II. Validation
by Kerr, D. V. & Chaseling, J. & Chopping, G. D. & Cowan, R. T.
- 267-282 An application of data envelopment analysis to irrigated dairy farms in Northern Victoria, Australia
by Fraser, I. & Cordina, D.
- 283-299 Risks of post-emergence weed control strategies in sugar beet: development and application of a bio-economic model
by de Buck, A. J. & Schoorlemmer, H. B. & Wossink, G. A. A. & Janssens, S. R. M.
- 301-310 Risk assessment for sudden death syndrome of soybean in the north-central United States
by Scherm, H. & Yang, X. B.
- 311-325 Modelling multiple objectives of land use for sustainable development
by Zander, P. & Kachele, H.
1999, Volume 59, Issue 2
- 107-122 Analysis of yield, sowing and flowering dates of barley of field survey results in Spain
by Supit, I. & Wagner, W.
- 123-144 Modelling expert knowledge with knowledge-based systems to design decision aids : The example of a knowledge-based model on grazing management
by Girard, N. & Hubert, B.
- 145-161 Exploring options for sustainable beef cattle ranching in the humid tropics: a case study for the Atlantic Zone of Costa Rica
by Bouman, B. A. M. & Nieuwenhuyse, A.
- 163-176 Probit analysis of livestock producers' demand for private veterinary services in the high potential agricultural areas of Kenya
by Tambi, N. E. & Mukhebi, W. A. & Maina, W. O. & Solomon, H. -M.
- 177-191 Population dynamics and crop yield effects of nematodes and white mold in peanuts, cotton and velvet beans
by Taylor, C. R. & Rodriguez-Kabana, R.
- 193-214 Community history and rural development: why some farmers participate more readily than others
by Walters, B. B. & Cadelina, A. & Cardano, A. & Visitacion, E.
- 215-239 Development of a simulation model for studying kiwi fruit orchard management
by Lescourret, F. & Blecher, N. & Habib, R. & Chadoeuf, J. & Agostini, D. & Pailly, O. & Vaissiere, B. & Poggi, I.
- 241-242 Book Review
- 242-244 Book Review
1999, Volume 59, Issue 1
- 1-25 The effects of wealth on livestock dynamics among the Datoga pastoralists of Tanzania
by Sieff, Daniela F.
- 27-39 A dynamical systems model of the interaction of earthworms with plant litter quality and quantity
by Kopetschny, S. & Wake, G. C. & Lambert, M. G. & Louie, K. & Springett, J. A.
- 41-55 Evapotranspiration predictions: a comparison among GLEAMS, Opus, PRZM-2, and RZWQM models in a humid and thermic climate
by Ma, Q. L. & Hook, J. E. & Wauchope, R. D.
- 57-66 Large-scale simulation of wheat yields in a semi-arid environment using a crop-growth model
by Chipanshi, A. C. & Ripley, E. A. & Lawford, R. G.
- 67-78 Modelling operational adaptations of tactical production plans on pot plant nurseries: a simulation approach
by Leutscher, K. J. & Renkema, J. A. & Challa, H.
- 79-98 Measuring the costs of African animal trypanosomosis, the potential benefits of control and returns to research
by Kristjanson, P. M. & Swallow, B. M. & Rowlands, G. J. & Kruska, R. L. & de Leeuw, P. N.
1998, Volume 58, Issue 4
- 483-503 Multicriteria aid for agricultural decisions using preference relations: methodology and application
by Hayashi, Kiyotada
- 505-527 Modelling farm diversity: new approaches to typology building in France
by Landais, E.
- 529-554 Integrated decision making for reservoir, irrigation, and crop management
by Evers, A. J. M. & Elliott, R. L. & Stevens, E. W.