2001, Volume 67, Issue 2
2001, Volume 67, Issue 1
- 1-20 Logistic modelling to identify and monitor local land management systems
by Gobin, A. & Campling, P. & Feyen, J.
- 21-30 Recommendation for fertilizer application for soils via qualitative reasoning
by Palhares de Melo, L. A. M. & Bertioli, D. J. & Cajueiro, E. V. M. & Bastos, R. C.
- 31-47 The origin and hazard of inputs to crop protection in organic farming systems: are they sustainable?
by Edwards-Jones, G. & Howells, O.
- 49-69 Biophysical and economic tradeoffs of intercropping timber with food crops in the Philippine uplands
by Nissen, T. M. & Midmore, D. J. & Keeler, A. G.
2000, Volume 66, Issue 3
- 145-166 Prioritizing greenhouse gas emission mitigation measures for agriculture
by Kulshreshtha, S. N. & Junkins, B. & Desjardins, R.
- 167-189 Quantifying the environmental impact of production in agriculture and horticulture in The Netherlands: which emissions do we need to consider?
by Pluimers, J. C. & Kroeze, C. & Bakker, E. J. & Challa, H. & Hordijk, L.
- 191-204 The farmer as service provider: the demand for agricultural commodities and equine services
by Bailey, A. & Williams, N. & Palmer, M. & Geering, R.
- 205-206 Pillar of Sand. Can the Irrigation Miracle Last?: S. Postel; WW Norton & Company, New York, and World Watch Institute, 1999, 320 pages, paperback, ISBN 0-393-31937-7, $13.95
by Rabbinge, R.
- IX-XI Index
2000, Volume 66, Issue 2
- 69-98 Incorporating tillage effects into a soybean model
by Andales, A. A. & Batchelor, W. D. & Anderson, C. E. & Farnham, D. E. & Whigham, D. K.
- 99-113 Quantifying trade-offs between pest sampling time and precision in commercial IPM sampling programs
by Cullen, E. M. & Zalom, F. G. & Flint, M. L. & Zilbert, E. E.
- 115-128 Effect of risk perspective on fertilizer choice by sharecroppers
by Paudel, K. P. & Lohr, L. & Martin, N. R.
- 129-144 Quantitative assessment of improved rice variety adoption: the farmer's perspective
by Sall, S. & Norman, D. & Featherstone, A. M.
2000, Volume 66, Issue 1
- 1-15 Summing up dynamics: modelling biological processes in variable temperature scenarios
by Tijskens, L. M. M. & Verdenius, F.
- 17-32 Risk and agricultural systems in northern Cote d'Ivoire
by Adesina, A. A. & Ouattara, A. D.
- 33-49 Use of evolutionary methods for bioeconomic optimization models: an application to fisheries
by Mardle, S. & Pascoe, S.
- 51-68 Modeling changes in farming systems with the adoption of improved fallows in southern Mali
by Kaya, B. & Hildebrand, P. E. & Nair, P. K. R.
2000, Volume 65, Issue 3
- 137-158 Fuzzy composite programming to combine remote sensing and crop models for decision support in precision crop management
by Jones, D. & Barnes, E. M.
- 159-177 Relationships between management intensity and structural and social variables in dairy and dual-purpose systems in Santa Cruz, Bolivia
by Solano, C. & Bernues, A. & Rojas, F. & Joaquin, N. & Fernandez, W. & Herrero, M.
- 179-199 Technical and allocative efficiency analysis for cattle fattening on Argentina Pampas
by Ruiz, D. E. M. & Pardo Sempere, L. & Garcia Martinez, A. & Rodriguez Alcaide, J. J. & Pamio, J. O. & Pena Blanco, F. & Domenech Garcia, V.
2000, Volume 65, Issue 2
- 73-97 Modelling the growth and utilisation of kikuyu grass (Pennisetum clandestinum) under grazing. 1. Model definition and parameterisation
by Herrero, M. & Fawcett, R. H. & Silveira, V. & Busque, J. & Bernues, A. & Dent, J. B.
- 99-111 Modelling the growth and utilisation of kikuyu grass (Pennisetum clandestinum) under grazing. 2. Model validation and analysis of management practices
by Herrero, M. & Fawcett, R. H. & Dent, J. B.
- 113-136 An assessment of the total external costs of UK agriculture
by Pretty, J. N. & Brett, C. & Gee, D. & Hine, R. E. & Mason, C. F. & Morison, J. I. L. & Raven, H. & Rayment, M. D. & van der Bijl, G.
2000, Volume 65, Issue 1
- 1-27 Management-oriented modeling: optimizing nitrogen management with artificial intelligence
by Li, MengBo & Yost, R. S.
- 29-41 Comparing genetic coefficient estimation methods using the CERES-Maize model
by Roman-Paoli, E. & Welch, S. M. & Vanderlip, R. L.
- 43-72 Scaling-up crop models for climate variability applications
by Hansen, J. W. & Jones, J. W.
2000, Volume 64, Issue 3
- 137-149 Use of a land cover model to identify farm types in the Misiones agrarian frontier (Argentina)
by Duvernoy, I.
- 151-170 Predicting corn and soybean productivity for Illinois soils
by Garcia-Paredes, J. D. & Olson, K. R. & Lang, J. M.
- 171-187 Incorporation of chlorothalonil persistence on processing tomato into TOM-CAST
by Patterson, J. M. & Nokes, S. E.
- 189-207 Site-specific modeling of corn yield in the SE coastal plain
by Sadler, E. J. & Gerwig, B. K. & Evans, D. E. & Busscher, W. J. & Bauer, P. J.
2000, Volume 64, Issue 2
- 67-81 Intensification of Sahelian farming systems: evidence from Niger
by Abdoulaye, T. & Lowenberg-DeBoer, J.
- 83-98 An ecological and economic analysis of phosphorus replenishment for Vihiga Division, western Kenya
by Soule, M. J. & Shepherd, K. D.
- 99-113 Relationships between yield and irrigation with low-quality water -- a system approach
by Sadeh, A. & Ravina, I.
- 115-130 Response of near-optimal agricultural production to water policies
by Amir, I. & Fisher, F. M.
- 131-133 Nutrient Disequilibria in Agroecosystems: Concepts and Case Studies: E.M.A. Smaling, O. Oenema, L.O. Fresco (Eds.); CABI Publishing, Wallingford, Oxon, UK, 1999, 336 pages, hardbound, ISBN 0 85199 268 4, UK [pound sign]60.00 (US$110.00)
by Smithson, P.
- 133-135 Soil Erosion at Multiple Scales. Principles and Methods for Assessing Causes and Impacts: F.W.T. Penning de Vries, F. Agus, J. Kerr (Eds.); CABI Publishing, Wallingford, Oxon, UK. in association with the International Board of Soil Research and Management (IBSRAM), 1998, 390 pages, hardbound, ISBN 0 85199 290 0, $60.00
by Howeler, R.
- 135-136 Agrobiodiversity: Characterization, Utilization and Management: D. Wood and J.M. Lenne (Eds.); CABI Publishing, Wallingford, 1999, 490 pages, hard cover, ISBN 0-85199-337-0, [pound sign]65 (US$120)
by Kristjanson, P.
2000, Volume 64, Issue 1
- 1-19 A model of growth and sugar accumulation of sugar beet for potential production conditions: SUBEMOpo I. Theory and model structure
by Vandendriessche, H. J.
- 21-35 A model of growth and sugar accumulation of sugar beet for potential production conditions: SUBEMOpoII. Model performance
by Vandendriessche, H. J.
- 37-53 Statistical methods for evaluating a crop nitrogen simulation model, N_ABLE
by Yang, J. & Greenwood, D. J. & Rowell, D. L. & Wadsworth, G. A. & Burns, I. G.
- 55-65 New sorghum and millet cultivar introduction in Sub-Saharan Africa: impacts and research agenda
by Ahmed, M. M. & Sanders, J. H. & Nell, W. T.
2000, Volume 63, Issue 3
- 147-159 Assessing regional impacts of change: linking economic and environmental models
by Attwood, J. D. & McCarl, B. & Chen, Chi-Chung & Eddleman, B. R. & Nayda, B. & Srinivasan, R.
- 161-173 Winter wheat fall-winter forage yield and grain yield response to planting date in a dual-purpose system
by Epplin, F. M. & Hossain, I. & Krenzer Jr., E. G.
- 175-194 Using economic incentives for pesticide usage reductions: responsiveness to input taxation and agricultural systems
by Falconer, K. & Hodge, I.
- 195-209 Modelling the long-term effects on farm net worth of investments in pasture fertilizer under constraints of family expenditure
by Scott, J. M. & Cacho, O.
- 211-228 Assessing the expected welfare effects of biotechnological change on perennial crops under varying economic environments: a dynamic model for cocoa in Malaysia
by Gotsch, N. & Herrmann, R.
2000, Volume 63, Issue 2
- 75-95 GIS-based fuzzy membership model for crop-land suitability analysis
by Nisar Ahamed, T. R. & Gopal Rao, K. & Murthy, J. S. R.
- 97-110 Fuzzy class membership approach to soil erosion modelling
by Nisar Ahamed, T. R. & Gopal Rao, K. & Murthy, J. S. R.
- 111-121 Determinants of chemical input use in peri-urban lowland systems: bivariate probit analysis in Cameroon
by Nkamleu, G. B. & Adesina, A. A.
- 123-140 Dynamics of spatial variability of millet growth and yields at three sites in Niger, West Africa and implications for precision agriculture research
by Gandah, M. & Stein, A. & Brouwer, J. & Bouma, J.
- 141-143 Under the Blade: The Conversion of Agricultural Landscapes
by Nicholson, Charles & Heleba, Debra
- 143-145 Maize Technology Development and Transfer. A GIS Application for Research Planning in Kenya. R.M. Hassan (Ed.). CAB International, in association with the International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) and the Kenya Agricultural Research Institute (KARI), Wallingford, UK, 1998, 230pp, hardcover, ISBN 0-85199-287-0, US$85.00
by Hoogenboom, G.
- 145-146 Against the Grain. M. Lappe, B. Bailey. Earthscan Publications Ltd., London, 1999,163pp, hardback, ISBN 1-85383-576-5, [pound sign]15.99
by Rutherford, A.
2000, Volume 63, Issue 1
- 1-18 Fuzzy multiple-criteria decision making for crop area planning in Narmada river basin
by Gupta, A. P. & Harboe, R. & Tabucanon, M. T.
- 19-32 Evaluation and application of the CROPGRO-Soybean simulation model in a Vertic Inceptisol
by Alagarswamy, G. & Singh, P. & Hoogenboom, G. & Wani, S. P. & Pathak, P. & Virmani, S. M.
- 33-47 OWSimu: an object-oriented and Web-based simulator for plant growth
by Pan, X. & Hesketh, J. D. & Huck, M. G.
- 49-72 Multicriteria analysis of derived water demand functions: a Spanish case study
by Gomez-Limon, J. A. & Berbel, J.
- 73-74 Evaluation of strategies for tracking climatic variation in semi-arid grazing systems
by Illius, A. W. & Derry, J. F. & Gordon, I. J.
1999, Volume 62, Issue 3
- 143-157 Optimal spacing and cultivation intensity for an industrialized crop production system
by Seginer, I. & Ioslovich, I.
- 159-168 Efficiency of government-supported horticulture: the case of Oman
by Zaibet, L. & Dharmapala, P. S.
- 169-188 Bio-economic evaluation of dairy farm management scenarios using integrated simulation and multiple-criteria models
by Herrero, M. & Fawcett, R. H. & Dent, J. B.
- 189-200 Evaluation of the CERES-Maize water and nitrogen balances under tile-drained conditions
by Garrison, M. V. & Batchelor, W. D. & Kanwar, R. S. & Ritchie, J. T.
- 201-215 Impacts of changing relative prices on farm level dairy production in the UK
by Ramsden, S. & Gibbons, J. & Wilson, P.
1999, Volume 62, Issue 2
- 73-85 Participatory Rural Appraisal: extending the research methods base
by Loader, R. & Amartya, L.
- 87-103 A systems approach to comparing indigenous and scientific knowledge: consistency and discriminatory power of indigenous and laboratory assessment of the nutritive value of tree fodder
by Walker, D. H. & Thorne, P. J. & Sinclair, F. L. & Thapa, B. & Wood, C. D. & Subba, D. B.
- 105-116 Validation of multicriteria analysis models
by Qureshi, M. E. & Harrison, S. R. & Wegener, M. K.
- 117-129 Multicriterion decision making in irrigation planning
by Raju, K. S & Kumar, D. N
- 131-141 Fractional programming: a tool for the assessment of sustainability
by Lara, P. & Stancu-Minasian, I.
1999, Volume 62, Issue 1
- 1-15 The promising impact of ley introduction and herd expansion on soil organic matter content in southern Mali
by Bosma, R. H. & Bos, M. & Kante, S. & Kebe, D. & Quak, W.
- 17-28 Dynamic programming to determine optimum investments in information technology on dairy farms
by van Asseldonk, M. A. P. M. & Huirne, R. B. M. & Dijkhuizen, A. A. & Beulens, A. J. M.
- 29-49 Frame-based modelling as a method of simulating rangeland production systems in the long term
by Hahn, B. D. & Richardson, F. D. & Starfield, A. M.
- 51-67 Exploring changes in the spatial distribution of livestock in China
by Verburg, P. H. & Keulen, H. van
- 69-67 Book reviews
by Parish, Dennis H.
- 70-71 Book reviews
by Boote, Ken J.
1999, Volume 61, Issue 3
- 151-164 A model to find and test decision rules for turnout date and grazing area allocation for a dairy cow system in spring
by Coleno, F. C. & Duru, M.
- 165-178 A bioeconomic decision model comparing composted and fresh litter for winter squash
by Andrews, S. S. & Lohr, L. & Cabrera, M. L.
- 179-189 A management approach to change on farms
by Gafsi, M.
- 191-205 Institutional management regimes for pricing of irrigation water: the French model -- lessons for India
by Nagaraj, N.
- 207-221 Dynamics of a sheep population in a Sahelian area (Ndiagne district in Senegal): a periodic matrix model
by Lesnoff, M.
- 223-224 Book review
by de Leeuw, Peter
1999, Volume 61, Issue 2
- 77-93 Multi-scale modelling of land use change dynamics in Ecuador
by de Koning, G. H. J. & Verburg, P. H. & Veldkamp, A. & Fresco, L. O.
- 95-107 A predictive model for beef cattle growth and carcass composition
by Kilpatrick, D. J. & Steen, R. W. J.
- 109-121 Quantification of land use systems using technical coefficient generators: a case study for the Northern Atlantic zone of Costa Rica
by Hengsdijk, H. & Bouman, B. A. M. & Nieuwenhuyse, A. & Jansen, H. G. P.
- 123-134 On the estimation of on-farm benefits of agricultural research
by Pannell, D. J.
- 135-146 Exploring the link between farmers' objectives and the phenomenon of pasture degradation in the beef production systems of Central Brazil
by Costa, F. P. & Rehman, T.
- 147-146 Book reviews
by Thorpe, B.
- 148-149 Book review
by Muinga, R.
1999, Volume 61, Issue 1
- 1-16 Modelling non-structural carbohydrates in forage grasses with weather data
by Wulfes, R. & Nyman, P. & Kornher, A.
- 17-31 Economic optimization of dairy heifer management decisions
by Mourits, M. C. M. & Huirne, R. B. M. & Dijkhuizen, A. A. & Kristensen, A. R. & Galligan, D. T.
- 33-44 A conceptual model for analysing input-output coefficients in arable farming systems: from diagnosis towards design
by de Koeijer, T. J. & Wossink, G. A. A. & van Ittersum, M. K. & Struik, P. C. & Renkema, J. A.
- 45-56 Analyzing agricultural demand for water with an optimizing model
by Amir, I. & Fisher, F. M.
- 57-68 Optimal rotation of peanuts and cotton to manage soil-borne organisms
by Taylor, C. R. & Rodriguez-Kabana, R.
- 69-75 Model-based technique to determine variable rate nitrogen for corn
by Paz, J. O. & Batchelor, W. D. & Babcock, B. A. & Colvin, T. S. & Logsdon, S. D. & Kaspar, T. C. & Karlen, D. L.
1999, Volume 60, Issue 3
- 157-167 Toward integrated assessment in agriculture
by Bland, W. L.
- 169-174 Modeling digestibility dynamics in leaf segments in a grass: a new approach to forage quality changes in a growing plant
by Hirata, M.
- 175-196 EPICphase, a version of the EPIC model simulating the effects of water and nitrogen stress on biomass and yield, taking account of developmental stages: validation on maize, sunflower, sorghum, soybean and winter wheat
by Cabelguenne, M. & Debaeke, P. & Bouniols, A.
- 197-212 Land allocation conditioned on El Nino-Southern Oscillation phases in the Pampas of Argentina
by Messina, C. D. & Hansen, J. W. & Hall, A. J.
- 213-225 The effect of the use of improved climate forecasts on variable costs, input usage, and production
by Mjelde, J. W. & Hill, H. S. J.
1999, Volume 60, Issue 2
- 77-86 Long-term assessment of nitrogen and variety technologies on attainable maize yields in Nigeria using CERES-maize
by Jagtap, S. S. & Abamu, F. J. & Kling, J. G.
- 87-98 Assessment of production risk in grazing models
by Cacho, O. J. & Bywater, A. C. & Dillon, J. L.
- 99-112 Environmental-economic decision-making in lowland irrigated agriculture using multi-criteria analysis techniques
by Tiwari, D. N. & Loof, R. & Paudyal, G. N.
- 113-122 Survival of the fittest--genetic algorithms versus evolution strategies in the optimization of systems models
by Mayer, D. G. & Belward, J. A. & Widell, H. & Burrage, K.
- 123-135 Modeling nitrogen cycling in tomato-safflower and tomato-wheat rotations
by Cavero, J. & Plant, R. E. & Shennan, C. & Friedman, D. B. & Williams, J. R. & Kiniry, J. R. & Benson, V. W.
- 137-155 Replanting strategies for grain sorghum under risk
by Williams, J. R. & DeLano, D. R. & Heiniger, R. W. & Vanderlip, R. L. & Llewelyn, R. V.
1999, Volume 60, Issue 1
- 1-16 Impact of policy interventions on land management in Honduras: results of a bioeconomic model
by Barbier, B. & Bergeron, G.
- 17-53 Methodological proposal for modelling and implementing regulation application problems in a knowledge-based system
by Recio, B. & Acuna, S. T. & Juristo, N.
- 55-69 Effects of climatic and price uncertainty on the value of legume crops in a Mediterranean-type environment
by Schilizzi, S. G. M. & Kingwell, R. S.
1999, Volume 59, Issue 3
- 245-255 DAIRYPRO--a knowledge-based decision support system for strategic planning on sub-tropical dairy farms. I. System description
by Kerr, D. V. & Cowan, R. T. & Chaseling, J.
- 257-266 DAIRYPRO--a knowledge-based decision support system for strategic planning on sub-tropical dairy farms. II. Validation
by Kerr, D. V. & Chaseling, J. & Chopping, G. D. & Cowan, R. T.
- 267-282 An application of data envelopment analysis to irrigated dairy farms in Northern Victoria, Australia
by Fraser, I. & Cordina, D.
- 283-299 Risks of post-emergence weed control strategies in sugar beet: development and application of a bio-economic model
by de Buck, A. J. & Schoorlemmer, H. B. & Wossink, G. A. A. & Janssens, S. R. M.
- 301-310 Risk assessment for sudden death syndrome of soybean in the north-central United States
by Scherm, H. & Yang, X. B.
- 311-325 Modelling multiple objectives of land use for sustainable development
by Zander, P. & Kachele, H.
1999, Volume 59, Issue 2
- 107-122 Analysis of yield, sowing and flowering dates of barley of field survey results in Spain
by Supit, I. & Wagner, W.
- 123-144 Modelling expert knowledge with knowledge-based systems to design decision aids : The example of a knowledge-based model on grazing management
by Girard, N. & Hubert, B.
- 145-161 Exploring options for sustainable beef cattle ranching in the humid tropics: a case study for the Atlantic Zone of Costa Rica
by Bouman, B. A. M. & Nieuwenhuyse, A.
- 163-176 Probit analysis of livestock producers' demand for private veterinary services in the high potential agricultural areas of Kenya
by Tambi, N. E. & Mukhebi, W. A. & Maina, W. O. & Solomon, H. -M.
- 177-191 Population dynamics and crop yield effects of nematodes and white mold in peanuts, cotton and velvet beans
by Taylor, C. R. & Rodriguez-Kabana, R.
- 193-214 Community history and rural development: why some farmers participate more readily than others
by Walters, B. B. & Cadelina, A. & Cardano, A. & Visitacion, E.
- 215-239 Development of a simulation model for studying kiwi fruit orchard management
by Lescourret, F. & Blecher, N. & Habib, R. & Chadoeuf, J. & Agostini, D. & Pailly, O. & Vaissiere, B. & Poggi, I.
- 241-242 Book Review
- 242-244 Book Review
1999, Volume 59, Issue 1
- 1-25 The effects of wealth on livestock dynamics among the Datoga pastoralists of Tanzania
by Sieff, Daniela F.
- 27-39 A dynamical systems model of the interaction of earthworms with plant litter quality and quantity
by Kopetschny, S. & Wake, G. C. & Lambert, M. G. & Louie, K. & Springett, J. A.
- 41-55 Evapotranspiration predictions: a comparison among GLEAMS, Opus, PRZM-2, and RZWQM models in a humid and thermic climate
by Ma, Q. L. & Hook, J. E. & Wauchope, R. D.
- 57-66 Large-scale simulation of wheat yields in a semi-arid environment using a crop-growth model
by Chipanshi, A. C. & Ripley, E. A. & Lawford, R. G.
- 67-78 Modelling operational adaptations of tactical production plans on pot plant nurseries: a simulation approach
by Leutscher, K. J. & Renkema, J. A. & Challa, H.
- 79-98 Measuring the costs of African animal trypanosomosis, the potential benefits of control and returns to research
by Kristjanson, P. M. & Swallow, B. M. & Rowlands, G. J. & Kruska, R. L. & de Leeuw, P. N.
1998, Volume 58, Issue 4
- 483-503 Multicriteria aid for agricultural decisions using preference relations: methodology and application
by Hayashi, Kiyotada
- 505-527 Modelling farm diversity: new approaches to typology building in France
by Landais, E.
- 529-554 Integrated decision making for reservoir, irrigation, and crop management
by Evers, A. J. M. & Elliott, R. L. & Stevens, E. W.
- 555-570 Modeling the alfalfa stem nematode in irrigated alfalfa
by Sperow, M. & Lybecker, D. W.
1998, Volume 58, Issue 3
- 285-307 Sustainable land use and food security in developing countries: DLV's approach to policy support
by van Keulen, Herman & Kuyvenhoven, Arie & Ruben, Ruerd
- 309-330 Exploratory land use studies and their role in strategic policy making
by van Ittersum, M. K. & Rabbinge, R. & van Latesteijn, H. C.
- 331-349 Integrating agricultural research and policy analysis: analytical framework and policy applications for bio-economic modelling
by Ruben, Ruerd & Moll, Henk & Kuyvenhoven, Arie
- 351-366 Research needs and methods for decentralised economic planning
by Keyzer, Michiel A. & Voortman, Roelf L.
- 367-380 Can agricultural sector models be a tool for policy analysis? An application for the case of Burkina Faso
by Deybe, D.
- 381-394 Quantitative analysis of farming systems for policy formulation: development of new tools
by Hengsdijk, H. & van Ittersum, M. K. & Rossing, W. A. H.
- 395-415 Technology, location and trade: Kenyan vegetables
by Kamau, Mercy & Mills, Bradford F.
- 417-439 Quantification of aggregation bias in regional agricultural land use models: application to Guacimo county, Costa Rica
by Jansen, Hans G. P. & Stoorvogel, Jetse J.
- 441-464 Adoption of improved land use technologies to increase food security in Burkina Faso: relating animal traction, productivity, and non-farm income
by Savadogo, Kimseyinga & Reardon, Thomas & Pietola, Kyosti
- 465-481 Agrarian policies for sustainable land use: bio-economic modelling to assess the effectiveness of policy instruments
by Kruseman, Gideon & Bade, Jan
1998, Volume 58, Issue 2
- 129-146 Erosion/productivity modelling of maize farming in the Philippine uplands: Part I: parameterising the Agricultural Production Systems Simulator
by Nelson, R.A. & Dimes, J.P. & Paningbatan, E.P. & Silburn, D.M.
- 147-163 Erosion/productivity modelling of maize farming in the Philippine uplands: Part II: simulation of alternative farming methods
by Nelson, R.A & Dimes, J.P & Silburn, D.M & Paningbatan, E.P & Cramb, R.A
- 165-183 Erosion/productivity modelling of maize farming in the Philippine uplands: Part III: economic analysis of alternative farming methods
by Nelson, R.A. & Cramb, R.A. & Mamicpic, M.A.
- 185-201 A linear programming formulation of the Markovian decision process approach to modelling the dairy replacement problem
by Yates, C.M. & Rehman, T.
- 203-224 Empirical models of farmer behaviour using psychological, social and economic variables. Part I: linear modelling
by Austin, E.J & Willock, J & Deary, I.J & Gibson, G.J & Dent, J.B & Edwards-Jones, G & Morgan, O & Grieve, R & Sutherland, A
- 225-241 Empirical models of farmer behaviour using psychological, social and economic variables. Part II: nonlinear and expert modelling
by Austin, E.J. & Willock, J. & Deary, I.J. & Gibson, G.J. & Dent, J.B. & Edwards-Jones, G. & Morgan, O. & Grieve, R. & Sutherland, A.
- 243-251 Tabu search not an optimal choice for models of agricultural systems
by Mayer, D.G. & Belward, J.A. & Burrage, K.
- 253-268 Shifting from extensive to intensive agricultural systems: a case study in the Sudan
by Ahmed, Mohamed M & Sanders, John H
1998, Volume 58, Issue 1
- 1-24 Simulation of phenological development of wheat crops
by Wang, Enli & Engel, Thomas
- 25-37 Field time constraints for farm planning models
by Etyang, Martin N. & Preckel, Paul V. & Binkley, James K. & Doster, D. Howard
- 39-55 Optimal furrow irrigation scheduling under heterogeneous conditions
by Raghuwanshi, N. S. & Wallender, W. W.
- 57-85 EXSYS, an expert system for diagnosing flowerbulb diseases, pests and non-parasitic disorders
by Kramers, M. A. & Conijn, C. G. M. & Bastiaansen, C.
- 87-106 Simulation of elevated CO2 effects on daily net canopy carbon assimilation and crop yield
by Melkonian, J. & Riha, S. J. & Wilks, D. S.
- 107-128 An analysis of commercial vegetable farms in relation to sustainability in the uplands of Southeast Asia
by Poudel, D. D. & Midmore, D. J. & Hargrove, W. L.
1998, Volume 57, Issue 4
- 489-503 Expected effects of devaluation on cereal production in the Sudanian Region of Mali
by Coulibaly, Ousmane & Vitale, Jeffrey D. & Sanders, John H.
- 505-521 A conceptual approach to dynamic agricultural land-use modelling
by Thornton, P. K. & Jones, P. G.
- 523-540 Assessing the effects of land management and catchment hydrology on well water quality in a designated nitrate vulnerable zone
by Trabada-Crende, F. & Vinten, A. J. A.
- 541-556 Modelling farmer behaviour: a personal construct theory interpretation of hierarchical decision models
by Murray-Prior, Roy
- 557-569 The use of a phenology model and of risk analyses for planning buckwheat (Fagopyrum esculentum) sowing dates in Alpine areas
by Baumgartner, Johann & Schilperoord, Per & Basetti, Paolo & Baiocchi, Alberto & Jermini, Mauro
- 571-584 The impact of river access rules on dairy farm incomes: A case study of the Williams River
by Brennan, D.
- 585-597 An optimization model for zero-excess phosphorus management
by Alocilja, Evangelyn C.
- 599-630 Energy utilization in crop and dairy production in organic and conventional livestock production systems
by Refsgaard, Karen & Halberg, Niels & Kristensen, Erik Steen
1998, Volume 57, Issue 3
- 227-229 Editorial introduction
by White, David H.
- 231-258 Evolution of drought policy and related science in Australia and South Africa
by O'Meagher, B. & du Pisani, L. G. & White, D. H.
- 259-270 A framework for estimating the extent and severity of drought, based on a grazing system in south-eastern Australia
by White, David H. & Howden, S. Mark & Walcott, James J. & Cannon, Rob M.
- 271-299 Assessing the historical frequency of drought events on grazing properties in Australian rangelands
by Smith, D. M. Stafford & McKeon, G. M.
- 301-313 Using the GrassGro decision support tool to evaluate some objective criteria for the definition of exceptional drought
by Donnelly, J. R. & Freer, M. & Moore, A. D.
- 315-332 Assessing exceptional drought with a cropping systems simulator: a case study for grain production in northeast Australia
by Keating, B. A. & Meinke, H.
- 333-350 Objective criteria for estimating the severity of drought in the wheat cropping areas of Australia
by Stephens, David J.
- 351-365 Framework for forecasting the extent and severity of drought in maize in the Free State Province of South Africa
by de Jager, J. M. & Potgieter, A. B. & van den Berg, W. J.
- 367-380 Assessing rangeland drought in South Africa
by du Pisani, L. G. & Fouche, H. J. & Venter, J. C.
- 381-398 Evaluation of strategies for tracking climatic variation in semi-arid grazing systems
by Illius, A. W. & Derry, J. F. & Gordon, I. J.
- 399-468 The current and potential operational uses of remote sensing to aid decisions on drought exceptional circumstances in Australia: a review
by McVicar, Tim R. & Jupp, David L. B.
- 469-488 Exceptional circumstances provisions in Australia--is there too much emphasis on drought?
by Thompson, David & Powell, Roy
1998, Volume 57, Issue 2
- 121-134 Evaluating CropSyst simulations of wheat management in a wheat-fallow region of the US pacific northwest
by Pannkuk, C. D. & Stockle, C. O. & Papendick, R. I.
- 135-159 Co-ordination processes in a collectively managed cropping system: Double cropping of irrigated rice in Senegal
by Le Gal, Pierre-Yves & Papy, Francois
- 161-195 RZWQM: Simulating the effects of management on water quality and crop production
by Hanson, J. D. & Ahuja, L. R. & Shaffer, M. D. & Rojas, K. W. & DeCoursey, D. G. & Farahani, H. & Johnson, K.
- 197-225 A generic model of hierarchy for systems analysis and simulation
by Caldwell, Robert M. & Fernandez, Anthony A. J.
1998, Volume 57, Issue 1
- 1-11 Optimal input cost sharing for tenants: Implications for negotiating efficiency
by Paudel, Krishna P. & Lohr, Luanne & Martin, Neil R.
- 13-41 Agroecological aspects of evaluating agricultural R&D
by Wood, Stanley & Pardey, Philip G.
- 43-63 Exploring the scope for improving biocontrol of black vine weevil, Otiorhynchus sulcatus, with Heterorhabditis spp. at low temperatures: A simulation study
by Westerman, P. R. & van der Werf, W.
- 65-75 Agroecosystem responses to organic and conventional management practices
by Waldon, Hollis & Gliessman, Stephen & Buchanan, Marc
- 77-100 Influence of tractor wheel tracks and crusts/seals on runoff: Observations and simulations with the RZWQM
by Ma, Q. L. & Wauchope, R. D. & Hook, J. E. & Johnson, A. W. & Truman, C. C. & Dowler, C. C. & Gascho, G. J. & Davis, J. G. & Summer, H. R. & Chandler, L. D.
- 101-114 Adaptability of improved rice varieties in senegal
by Sall, Samba & Norman, David & Featherstone, Allen M.
- 115-119 Model validation through the linear regression fit to actual versus predicted values
by Analla, M.
1998, Volume 56, Issue 4
- 391-414 Application of epic model to nitrogen cycling in irrigated processing tomatoes under different management systems
by Cavero, J. & Plant, R. E. & Shennan, C. & Williams, J. R. & Kiniry, J. R. & Benson, V. W.
- 415-429 The intertemporal impact of soil erosion on non-uniform soil profiles: A new direction in analyzing erosion impacts
by Hoag, Dana L.
- 431-442 Developing alternative farm plans for cropping system decision making
by Abdulkadri, Abdullahi O. & Ajibefun, Igbekele A.
- 443-465 Why energy productivity is increasing: An I-O analysis of Swedish agriculture
by Uhlin, Hans-Erik
- 467-482 Fertilizer use in semiarid West Africa: Profitability and supporting policy
by Shapiro, B. I. & Sanders, J. H.
- 483-511 Parameterization, verification, and validation of a physiologically complex age-structured rice simulation model
by Wu, G. W. & Wilson, L. T.
- 513-531 Management unit size and efficiency gains from nitrogen fertilizer application
by Thrikawala, Sunil & Weersink, Alfons & Kachanoski, Gary
1998, Volume 56, Issue 3
- 269-287 Farmers' adoptability of Mucuna fallowing and agroforestry technologies in the coastal savanna of Benin
by Versteeg, M. N. & Amadji, F. & Eteka, A. & Gogan, A & Koudokpon, V.
- 289-304 An analysis of agricultural price and research policies in Chile
by Ortiz, Jaime
- 305-322 Modeling the relationship between reproductive performance and net-revenue in dairy herds
by Plaizier, J. C. B. & King, G. J. & Dekkers, J. C. M. & Lissemore, K.
- 323-340 Analysis of the rational long-term herbicide use: Evidence for herbicide efficacy and critical weed kill rate as key factors
by Wallinga, Jacco
- 341-363 Acquiring qualitative knowledge about complex agroecosystems. Part 1: Representation as natural language
by Sinclair, F. L. & Walker, D. H.
- 365-386 Acquiring qualitative knowledge about complex agroecosystems. Part 2: Formal representation
by Walker, D. H. & Sinclair, F. L.