Science-based decision support for formulating crop fertilizer recommendations in sub-Saharan Africa
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rose, David C. & Sutherland, William J. & Parker, Caroline & Lobley, Matt & Winter, Michael & Morris, Carol & Twining, Susan & Ffoulkes, Charles & Amano, Tatsuya & Dicks, Lynn V., 2016. "Decision support tools for agriculture: Towards effective design and delivery," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 165-174.
- Giller, K.E. & Tittonell, P. & Rufino, M.C. & van Wijk, M.T. & Zingore, S. & Mapfumo, P. & Adjei-Nsiah, S. & Herrero, M. & Chikowo, R. & Corbeels, M. & Rowe, E.C. & Baijukya, F. & Mwijage, A. & Smith,, 2011. "Communicating complexity: Integrated assessment of trade-offs concerning soil fertility management within African farming systems to support innovation and development," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 191-203, February.
- Tomislav Hengl & Jorge Mendes de Jesus & Gerard B M Heuvelink & Maria Ruiperez Gonzalez & Milan Kilibarda & Aleksandar Blagotić & Wei Shangguan & Marvin N Wright & Xiaoyuan Geng & Bernhard Bauer-Marsc, 2017. "SoilGrids250m: Global gridded soil information based on machine learning," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 12(2), pages 1-40, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ditzler, Lenora & Klerkx, Laurens & Chan-Dentoni, Jacqueline & Posthumus, Helena & Krupnik, Timothy J. & Ridaura, Santiago López & Andersson, Jens A. & Baudron, Frédéric & Groot, Jeroen C.J., 2018. "Affordances of agricultural systems analysis tools: A review and framework to enhance tool design and implementation," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 20-30.
- Prost, Lorène & Reau, Raymond & Paravano, Laurette & Cerf, Marianne & Jeuffroy, Marie-Hélène, 2018. "Designing agricultural systems from invention to implementation: the contribution of agronomy. Lessons from a case study," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 122-132.
- Valbuena, Diego & Tui, Sabine Homann-Kee & Erenstein, Olaf & Teufel, Nils & Duncan, Alan & Abdoulaye, Tahirou & Swain, Braja & Mekonnen, Kindu & Germaine, Ibro & Gérard, Bruno, 2015. "Identifying determinants, pressures and trade-offs of crop residue use in mixed smallholder farms in Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 107-118.
- Joachim Eisenberg & Fabrice A. Muvundja, 2020. "Quantification of Erosion in Selected Catchment Areas of the Ruzizi River (DRC) Using the (R)USLE Model," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(4), pages 1-18, April.
- Banerjee, Onil & Crossman, Neville & Vargas, Renato & Brander, Luke & Verburg, Peter & Cicowiez, Martin & Hauck, Jennifer & McKenzie, Emily, 2020. "Global socio-economic impacts of changes in natural capital and ecosystem services: State of play and new modeling approaches," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 46(C).
- Lacombe, Camille & Couix, Nathalie & Hazard, Laurent, 2018. "Designing agroecological farming systems with farmers: A review," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 208-220.
- repec:mth:jas888:v:6:y:2018:i:3:p:158-173 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hammond, Jim & Rosenblum, Nathaniel & Breseman, Dana & Gorman, Léo & Manners, Rhys & van Wijk, Mark T. & Sibomana, Milindi & Remans, Roseline & Vanlauwe, Bernard & Schut, Marc, 2020. "Towards actionable farm typologies: Scaling adoption of agricultural inputs in Rwanda," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 183(C).
- Sándor Koós & Béla Pirkó & Gábor Szatmári & Péter Csathó & Marianna Magyar & József Szabó & Nándor Fodor & László Pásztor & Annamária Laborczi & Klára Pokovai & Anita Szabó, 2021. "Influence of the Shortening of the Winter Fertilization Prohibition Period in Hungary Assessed by Spatial Crop Simulation Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Carof, Matthieu & Godinot, Olivier, 2018. "A free online tool to calculate three nitrogen-related indicators for farming systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 28-33.
- Le Gal, P.-Y. & Dugué, P. & Faure, G. & Novak, S., 2011. "How does research address the design of innovative agricultural production systems at the farm level? A review," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(9), pages 714-728.
- Amintas Brandão Jr. & Lisa Rausch & América Paz Durán & Ciniro Costa Jr. & Seth A. Spawn & Holly K. Gibbs, 2020. "Estimating the Potential for Conservation and Farming in the Amazon and Cerrado under Four Policy Scenarios," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(3), pages 1-22, February.
- Jindo, Keiji & Schut, Antonius G.T. & Langeveld, Johannes W.A., 2020. "Sustainable intensification in Western Kenya: Who will benefit?," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 182(C).
- Birhanu Zemadim Birhanu & Kalifa Traoré & Murali Krishna Gumma & Félix Badolo & Ramadjita Tabo & Anthony Michael Whitbread, 2019. "A watershed approach to managing rainfed agriculture in the semiarid region of southern Mali: integrated research on water and land use," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 21(5), pages 2459-2485, October.
- Grabowski, Philip & Schmitt Olabisi, Laura & Adebiyi, Jelili & Waldman, Kurt & Richardson, Robert & Rusinamhodzi, Leonard & Snapp, Sieglinde, 2019. "Assessing adoption potential in a risky environment: The case of perennial pigeonpea," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 171(C), pages 89-99.
- GrÃªt-Regamey, Adrienne & Weibel, Bettina, 2020. "Global assessment of mountain ecosystem services using earth observation data," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 46(C).
- Banchayehu Tessema Assefa & Jordan Chamberlin & Pytrik Reidsma & João Vasco Silva & Martin K. Ittersum, 2020. "Unravelling the variability and causes of smallholder maize yield gaps in Ethiopia," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 12(1), pages 83-103, February.
- Dossou-Yovo, E. R. & Zwart, Sander J. & Kouyate, A. & Ouedraogo, I. & Bakare, O., 2019. "Predictors of drought in inland valley landscapes and enabling factors for rice farmersâ€™ mitigation measures in the Sudan-Sahel Zone," Papers published in Journals (Open Access), International Water Management Institute, pages 11(1):1-17..
- Bougouna Sogoba & Bouba Traoré & Abdelmounaime Safia & Oumar Baba Samaké & Gilbert Dembélé & Sory Diallo & Roger Kaboré & Goze Bertin Benié & Robert B. Zougmoré & Kalifa Goïta, 2020. "On-Farm Evaluation on Yield and Economic Performance of Cereal-Cowpea Intercropping to Support the Smallholder Farming System in the Soudano-Sahelian Zone of Mali," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(6), pages 1-15, June.
- Rose, David C. & Sutherland, William J. & Barnes, Andrew P. & Borthwick, Fiona & Ffoulkes, Charles & Hall, Clare & Moorby, Jon M. & Nicholas-Davies, Phillipa & Twining, Susan & Dicks, Lynn V., 2019. "Integrated farm management for sustainable agriculture: Lessons for knowledge exchange and policy," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 834-842.
- Phelan, David C. & Harrison, Matthew T. & McLean, Greg & Cox, Howard & Pembleton, Kieth G. & Dean, Geoff J. & Parsons, David & do Amaral Richter, Maria E. & Pengilley, Georgie & Hinton, Sue J. & Moham, 2018. "Advancing a farmer decision support tool for agronomic decisions on rainfed and irrigated wheat cropping in Tasmania," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 167(C), pages 113-124.
More about this item
KeywordsFertilizer recommendations; Nutrient use efficiency; Yield response; Maize intensification; Soil fertility management; Smallholder farming systems;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:180:y:2020:i:c:s0308521x19309540. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.