Decision support tools for agriculture: Towards effective design and delivery
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hochman, Z. & Carberry, P.S., 2011. "Emerging consensus on desirable characteristics of tools to support farmers' management of climate risk in Australia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(6), pages 441-450, July.
- McCown, R. L., 2002. "Changing systems for supporting farmers' decisions: problems, paradigms, and prospects," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 179-220, October.
- Julie Ingram, 2008. "Agronomist–farmer knowledge encounters: an analysis of knowledge exchange in the context of best management practices in England," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 25(3), pages 405-418, September.
- Kuehne, Geoff & Llewellyn, Rick S. & Pannell, David J. & Wilkinson, Roger & Dolling, P. & Ewing, Michael A., 2011. "ADOPT: a tool for predicting adoption of agricultural innovations," 2011 Conference (55th), February 8-11, 2011, Melbourne, Australia 100570, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carof, Matthieu & Godinot, Olivier, 2018. "A free online tool to calculate three nitrogen-related indicators for farming systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 28-33.
- Phelan, David C. & Harrison, Matthew T. & McLean, Greg & Cox, Howard & Pembleton, Kieth G. & Dean, Geoff J. & Parsons, David & do Amaral Richter, Maria E. & Pengilley, Georgie & Hinton, Sue J. & Moham, 2018. "Advancing a farmer decision support tool for agronomic decisions on rainfed and irrigated wheat cropping in Tasmania," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 167(C), pages 113-124.
- Oyakhilomen Oyinbo & Jordan Chamberlin & Miet Maertens, 2020.
"Design of Digital Agricultural Extension Tools: Perspectives from Extension Agents in Nigeria,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 71(3), pages 798-815, September.
- Oyakhilomen, Oyinbo & Chamberlin, Jordan & Maertens, Miet, 2019. "Design of Digital Agricultural Extension Tools: Perspectives from Extension Agents in Nigeria," Working Papers 291525, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centre for Agricultural and Food Economics.
- Bateman, Ian J. & Balmford, Ben, 2018. "Public funding for public goods: A post-Brexit perspective on principles for agricultural policy," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 293-300.
- Isabelle Piot-Lepetit & Mauro Florez & Karine Gauche, 2019. "Understanding the determinants of IT adoption in agriculture using an integrated TAM-TOE model: A bibliometric analysis," Post-Print hal-02789959, HAL.
- Tröster, Michael, 2017. "Bildung Einer Kostenfunktion Für Die Ausbringung Von Düngemitteln Unter Berücksichtigung Einer Tourenplanungsroutine Mit Teillieferungen (Sdvrp)," 57th Annual Conference, Weihenstephan, Germany, September 13-15, 2017 262155, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Marius Michels & Wilm Fecke & Jan‐Henning Feil & Oliver Musshoff & Frederike Lülfs‐Baden & Saskia Krone, 2020. "“Anytime, anyplace, anywhere”—A sample selection model of mobile internet adoption in german agriculture," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 36(2), pages 192-207, April.
- Zysk, Elżbieta & Dawidowicz, Agnieszka & Nowak, Magdalena & Figurska, Marta & Źróbek, Sabina & Źróbek, Ryszard & Burandt, Jakub, 2020. "Organizational Aspects Of The Concept Of A Green Cadastre For Rural Areas," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 91(C).
- Oyinbo, Oyakhilomen & Chamberlin, Jordan & Vanlauwe, Bernard & Vranken, Liesbet & Kamara, Alpha & Craufurd, Peter & Maertens, Miet, 2018. "Farmers' preferences for site-specific extension services: Evidence from a choice experiment in Nigeria," Working Papers 276175, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centre for Agricultural and Food Economics.
- Ditzler, Lenora & Klerkx, Laurens & Chan-Dentoni, Jacqueline & Posthumus, Helena & Krupnik, Timothy J. & Ridaura, Santiago López & Andersson, Jens A. & Baudron, Frédéric & Groot, Jeroen C.J., 2018. "Affordances of agricultural systems analysis tools: A review and framework to enhance tool design and implementation," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 20-30.
- Rurinda, Jairos & Zingore, Shamie & Jibrin, Jibrin M. & Balemi, Tesfaye & Masuki, Kenneth & Andersson, Jens A. & Pampolino, Mirasol F. & Mohammed, Ibrahim & Mutegi, James & Kamara, Alpha Y. & Vanlauwe, 2020. "Science-based decision support for formulating crop fertilizer recommendations in sub-Saharan Africa," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 180(C).
- Rose, David C. & Sutherland, William J. & Barnes, Andrew P. & Borthwick, Fiona & Ffoulkes, Charles & Hall, Clare & Moorby, Jon M. & Nicholas-Davies, Phillipa & Twining, Susan & Dicks, Lynn V., 2019. "Integrated farm management for sustainable agriculture: Lessons for knowledge exchange and policy," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 834-842.
- Oyinbo, Oyakhilomen & Chamberlin, Jordan & Vanlauwe, Bernard & Vranken, Liesbet & Kamara, Yaya Alpha & Craufurd, Peter & Maertens, Miet, 2019. "Farmers' preferences for high-input agriculture supported by site-specific extension services: Evidence from a choice experiment in Nigeria," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 173(C), pages 12-26.
- Aminou Arouna & Jeffrey D. Michler & Wilfried G. Yergo & Kazuki Saito, 2021. "One Size Fits All? Experimental Evidence on the Digital Delivery of Personalized Extension Advice in Nigeria," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 103(2), pages 596-619, March.
- Prost, Lorène & Reau, Raymond & Paravano, Laurette & Cerf, Marianne & Jeuffroy, Marie-Hélène, 2018. "Designing agricultural systems from invention to implementation: the contribution of agronomy. Lessons from a case study," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 122-132.
- Michels, Marius & von Hobe, Cord-Friedrich & Mußhoff, Oliver, 2020. "Understanding the Adoption of Drones in German Agriculture," 60th Annual Conference, Halle/ Saale, Germany, September 23-25, 2020 305579, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Michels, Marius & Bonke, Vanessa & Mußhoff, Oliver, 2019. "Understanding the adoption of crop protection smartphone apps: An application of the Unified Theory of Acceptance and Use of Technology," DARE Discussion Papers 1905, Georg-August University of Göttingen, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development (DARE).
- Rose, David Christian & Wheeler, Rebecca & Winter, Michael & Lobley, Matt & Chivers, Charlotte-Anne, 2021. "Agriculture 4.0: Making it work for people, production, and the planet," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lundström, Christina & Lindblom, Jessica, 2018. "Considering farmers' situated knowledge of using agricultural decision support systems (AgriDSS) to Foster farming practices: The case of CropSAT," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 9-20.
- Mompremier, R. & Her, Y. & Hoogenboom, G. & Migliaccio, K. & Muñoz-Carpena, R. & Brym, Z. & Colbert, R.W. & Jeune, W., 2021. "Modeling the response of dry bean yield to irrigation water availability controlled by watershed hydrology," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 243(C).
- McCown, R. L., 2002. "Locating agricultural decision support systems in the troubled past and socio-technical complexity of `models for management'," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 11-25, October.
- Gaydon, D.S. & Meinke, H. & Rodriguez, D. & McGrath, D.J., 2012. "Comparing water options for irrigation farmers using Modern Portfolio Theory," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 1-9.
- Muhammad Ismail Kumbhar & Zareen Khan Rind & Faisal Khan Chang & Nadia Baloch & Summaya Baloch, 2019. "Effect of Climate Change on the Livelihood of Coastal Areas of Taluka Sonmaini, District Lasbela, Balochistan," International Journal of Environmental Sciences & Natural Resources, Juniper Publishers Inc., vol. 21(1), pages 21-29, August.
- Sarah Schomers & Bettina Matzdorf & Claas Meyer & Claudia Sattler, 2015. "How Local Intermediaries Improve the Effectiveness of Public Payment for Ecosystem Services Programs: The Role of Networks and Agri-Environmental Assistance," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(10), pages 1-31, October.
- Martin, G. & Duru, M. & Schellberg, J. & Ewert, F., 2012. "Simulations of plant productivity are affected by modelling approaches of farm management," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 25-34.
- Le Gal, P.-Y. & Dugué, P. & Faure, G. & Novak, S., 2011. "How does research address the design of innovative agricultural production systems at the farm level? A review," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(9), pages 714-728.
- Vayssières, Jonathan & Bocquier, François & Lecomte, Philippe, 2009. "GAMEDE: A global activity model for evaluating the sustainability of dairy enterprises. Part II - Interactive simulation of various management strategies with diverse stakeholders," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 101(3), pages 139-151, July.
- David Meek, 2016. "The cultural politics of the agroecological transition," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 33(2), pages 275-290, June.
- Sterk, B. & van Ittersum, M.K. & Leeuwis, C. & Rossing, W.A.H. & van Keulen, H. & van de Ven, G.W.J., 2006. "Finding niches for whole-farm design models - contradictio in terminis?," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 211-228, February.
- David Meek & Katharine Bradley & Bruce Ferguson & Lesli Hoey & Helda Morales & Peter Rosset & Rebecca Tarlau, 2019. "Food sovereignty education across the Americas: multiple origins, converging movements," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 36(3), pages 611-626, September.
- Norman Siebrecht, 2020. "Sustainable Agriculture and Its Implementation Gap—Overcoming Obstacles to Implementation," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(9), pages 1-27, May.
- Thysen, Iver & Detlefsen, Nina K., 2006. "Online decision support for irrigation for farmers," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 86(3), pages 269-276, December.
- Jana Poláková, 2018. "Sustainability—Risk—Resilience: How Does the Case of the Good Agricultural and Environmental Conditions Measure up?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(5), pages 1-15, May.
- Moglia, Magnus & Alexander, Kim S. & Thephavanh, Manithaythip & Thammavong, Phomma & Sodahak, Viengkham & Khounsy, Bountom & Vorlasan, Sysavanh & Larson, Silva & Connell, John & Case, Peter, 2018. "A Bayesian network model to explore practice change by smallholder rice farmers in Lao PDR," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 84-94.
- Carberry, P. S. & Hochman, Z. & McCown, R. L. & Dalgliesh, N. P. & Foale, M. A. & Poulton, P. L. & Hargreaves, J. N. G. & Hargreaves, D. M. G. & Cawthray, S. & Hillcoat, N. & Robertson, M. J., 2002. "The FARMSCAPE approach to decision support: farmers', advisers', researchers' monitoring, simulation, communication and performance evaluation," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 141-177, October.
- M. G. P. P. Mahindarathne & Qingfei Min, 2019. "Factors that Influence Farmers’ Information Seeking Behaviour: A Study of Sri Lankan Vegetable Farmers," Journal of Information & Knowledge Management (JIKM), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 18(03), pages 1-15, September.
- Salembier, Chloé & Segrestin, Blanche & Berthet, Elsa & Weil, Benoît & Meynard, Jean-Marc, 2018. "Genealogy of design reasoning in agronomy: Lessons for supporting the design of agricultural systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 277-290.
- Isaac, Marney E., 2012. "Agricultural information exchange and organizational ties: The effect of network topology on managing agrodiversity," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 9-15.
More about this item
KeywordsDecision support tools; Decision support systems; Evidence-based decision-making; Human-computer interactions; sustainable intensification;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:149:y:2016:i:c:p:165-174. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.