Citations for "Selling Hope: State Lotteries in America"
by Charles T. Clotfelter & Philip J. Cook
- Thomas A. Garrett, 2011. "A closer look at the tax incidence of instant lottery games: an analysis by price point," Working Papers 2011-010, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- David R. Just & Hope C. Michelson, 2007. "Wealth as Welfare: Are Wealth Thresholds behind Persistent Poverty? ," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 29(3), pages 419-426.
- Rubenstein, Ross & Scafidi, Benjamin, 2002. "Who Pays and Who Benefits? Examining the Distributional Consequences of the Georgia Lottery for Education," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 55(N. 2), pages 223-238, June.
- Cabrales, Antonio & Lugo, Haydée, 2011.
"An impure public good model with lotteries in large groups,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8319, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Antonio Cabrales & Haydée Lugo, 2011. "An impure public good model with lotteries in large grou," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2011-05, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Antonio Cabrales & Haydeé Lugo, 2011. "An impure public good model with lotteries in large groups," Economics Working Papers we1107, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Charles T. Clotfelter & Philip J. Cook, 1990. "Redefining “success” in the state lottery business," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(1), pages 99-104.
- Garrett, Thomas A. & Coughlin, Cletus C., 2009.
"Inter–temporal Differences in the Income Elasticity of Demand for Lottery Tickets,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association, vol. 62(1), pages 77-99, March.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Cletus C. Coughlin, 2007. "Inter-temporal differences in the income elasticity of demand for lottery tickets," Working Papers 2007-042, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- M Cain & D Law, 2005. "Cumulative prospect theory and gambling," Working Papers 566823, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- repec:lan:wpaper:3216 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ursula Hauser-Rethaller & Ulrich König, 2002. "Parimutuel Lotteries: Gamblers' Behavior and the Demand for Tickets," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 3(2), pages 223-245, 05.
- repec:lan:wpaper:3214 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rachel Croson & James Sundali, 2005. "The Gambler’s Fallacy and the Hot Hand: Empirical Data from Casinos," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 195-209, May.
- William R. Eadington, 1999. "The Economics of Casino Gambling," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(3), pages 173-192, Summer.
- Peter Calcagno & Douglas Walker & John Jackson, 2010. "Determinants of the probability and timing of commercial casino legalization in the United States," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 142(1), pages 69-90, January.
- Kumar, Alok & Page, Jeremy K. & Spalt, Oliver G., 2011. "Religious beliefs, gambling attitudes, and financial market outcomes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 102(3), pages 671-708.
- Jonathan Rork & Stephen Fink, 2003. "The Importance of Self-Selection in Casino Cannibalization of State Lotteries," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 8(10), pages 1-8.
- Giebe, Thomas & Schweinzer, Paul, 2014.
"Consuming your way to efficiency: Public goods provision through non-distortionary tax lotteries,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 1-12.
- Thomas Giebe & Paul Schweinzer, 2013. "Consuming your Way to Efficiency: Public Goods Provision through Non-Distortionary Tax Lotteries," CESifo Working Paper Series 4228, CESifo Group Munich.
- Philip J. Grossman & Catherine C. Eckel, 2012. "Loving the Long Shot: Risk Taking with Skewed Lotteries," Monash Economics Working Papers 41-12, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Guido W. Imbens & Donald B. Rubin & Bruce I. Sacerdote, 2001. "Estimating the Effect of Unearned Income on Labor Earnings, Savings, and Consumption: Evidence from a Survey of Lottery Players," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 778-794, September.
- Addison, Tony & Chowdhury, Abdur R., 2003. "A Global Lottery and a Global Premium Bond," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Melissa Schettini Kearney, 2002.
"State Lotteries and Consumer Behavior,"
NBER Working Papers
9330, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark Skidmore & Mehmet Serkan Tosun, 2005.
"Do New Lottery Games Stimulate Retail Activity? Evidence from West Virginia Counties,"
05-06, UW-Whitewater, Department of Economics.
- Skidmore, Mark & Serkan Tosun, Mehmet, 2008. "Do New Lottery Games Stimulate Retail Activity? Evidence from West Virginia Counties," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 38(1).
- Johansen, Kathrin & Singer, Nico, 2012. "Chasing rainbows: On the relationship between lottery tickets and common stocks," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 129, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Jonathan A. Schwabish, 2005. "Regulating Underground Industry: An Economic Analysis of Sports Betting," New York Economic Review, New York State Economics Association (NYSEA), vol. 36(1), pages 65-77.
- Andrey Kudryavtsev & Gil Cohen & Shlomit Hon-Snir, 2013. "“Rational” or “Intuitive”: Are Behavioral Biases Correlated Across Stock Market Investors?," Contemporary Economics, University of Finance and Management in Warsaw, vol. 7(2), June.
- James Angel & Douglas McCabe, 2009. "The Ethics of Speculation," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 90(3), pages 277-286, December.
- Cletus C. Coughlin & Thomas A. Garrett, 2008. "Income and lottery sales: transfers trump income from work and wealth," Working Papers 2008-004, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Friedman, David A. & Waldfogel, Joel, 1995. "The Administrative and Compliance Cost of Manual Highway Toll Collection: Evidence From Massachusetts and New Jersey," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 48(2), pages 217-28, June.
- Rachel A. Volberg & Dean R. Gerstein & Eugene M. Christiansen & John Baldridge, 2001. "Assessing self-reported expenditures on gambling," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(1-3), pages 77-96.
- Lutter, Mark, 2011. "The adoption of lotteries in the United States, 1964 - 2007. A model of conditional and time-dynamical diffusion," MPIfG Discussion Paper 11/4, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Farrell, Lisa & Walker, Ian, 1999. "The welfare effects of lotto: evidence from the UK," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 99-120, April.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Natalia A. Kolesnikova, 2010. "Local price variation and the tax incidence of state lotteries," Working Papers 2010-035, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Ghent, Linda S. & Grant, Alan P., 2010. "The Demand For Lottery Products And Their Distributional Consequences," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 63(2), pages 253-68, June.
- repec:lan:wpaper:3582 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lim, Wooyoung & Matros, Alexander & Turocy, Theodore L., 2014. "Bounded rationality and group size in Tullock contests: Experimental evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 155-167.
- Papachristou, George & Karamanis, Dimitri, 1998. "Investigating efficiency in betting markets: Evidence from the Greek 6/49 Lotto," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(12), pages 1597-1615, December.
- Alexander Matros & Wooyoung Lim & Theodore Turocy, 2009. "Raising Revenue With Raffles: Evidence from a Laboratory Experiment," Working Papers 377, University of Pittsburgh, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2009.
- Michael A. Spencer & Stephen K. Swallow & Jason F. Shogren & John A. List, 2008.
"Rebate Rules in Threshold Public Good Provision,"
NBER Working Papers
14559, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brad Humphreys & Levi Perez, 2012. "Network externalities in consumer spending on lottery games: evidence from Spain," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 929-945, June.
- Zikmund-Fisher, Brian J. & Parker, Andrew M., 1999. "Demand for rent-to-own contracts: a behavioral economic explanation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 199-216, February.
- Emily Haisley & Romel Mostafa & George Loewenstein, 2008. "Myopic risk-seeking: The impact of narrow decision bracketing on lottery play," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 57-75, August.
- repec:lan:wpaper:3312 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brown, Ryan P. & Rork, Jonathan C., 2005. "Copycat gaming: A spatial analysis of state lottery structure," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 795-807, November.
- Gary E Bolton & Axel Ockenfels, 2008. "Risk Taking and Social Comparison - A Comment on “Betrayal Aversion: Evidence from Brazil, China, Oman, Switzerland, Turkey, and the United States”," Working Paper Series in Economics 40, University of Cologne, Department of Economics.
- Thomas Garrett, 2001. "An International Comparison and Analysis of Lotteries and the Distribution of Lottery Expenditures," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 213-227.