Determinants of the probability and timing of commercial casino legalization in the United States
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- O. Homer Erekson & Glenn Platt & Christopher Whistler & Andrea Ziegert, 1999. "Factors influencing the adoption of state lotteries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(7), pages 875-884.
- Peter Kennedy, 2003. "A Guide to Econometrics, 5th Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 5, volume 1, number 026261183x, June.
- David Giacopassi & Mark W. Nichols & B. Grant Stitt, 2006. "Voting for a Lottery," Public Finance Review, , vol. 34(1), pages 80-100, January.
- Jackson, John D & Saurman, David S & Shughart, William F, II, 1994. " Instant Winners: Legal Change in Transition and the Diffusion of State Lotteries," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 80(3-4), pages 245-63, September.
- Cletus C. Coughlin & Thomas A. Garrett & Rubén Hernández-Murillo, 2006. "The geography, economics, and politics of lottery adoption," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 165-180.
- Charles T. Clotfelter & Philip J. Cook, 1989. "Selling Hope: State Lotteries in America," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number clot89-1.
- Garrett, Thomas A, 2001. " The Leviathan Lottery? Testing the Revenue Maximization Objective of State Lotteries as Evidence for Leviathan," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 109(1-2), pages 101-17, October.
- Alm, James & McKee, Michael J. & Skidmore, Mark, 1993. "Fiscal Pressure, Tax Competition, and the Introduction of State Lotteries," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 46(4), pages 463-76, December.
- Douglas M. Walker & John D. Jackson, 2008. "Do U.S. Gambling Industries Cannibalize Each Other?," Public Finance Review, , vol. 36(3), pages 308-333, May.
- Franklin Mixon & Steven Caudill & Jon Ford & Ter Peng, 1997. "The rise (or fall) of lottery adoption within the logic of collective action: Some empirical evidence," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 43-49, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:142:y:2010:i:1:p:69-90. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.