Riverboat casino gambling impacts on employment and income in host and surrounding counties
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:ags:stataj:119292 is not listed on IDEAS
- John C. Navin & Timothy S. Sullivan, 2007. "Do Riverboat Casinos Act as Competitors? A Look at the St. Louis Market," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 21(1), pages 49-59, February.
- Douglas M. Walker, 2007. "Quantifying the Social Costs and Benefits of Gambling," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(3), pages 609-645, July.
- James LeSage & Matthew Dominguez, 2012. "The importance of modeling spatial spillovers in public choice analysis," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 150(3), pages 525-545, March.
- Michael J. Hicks, 2014. "Do Good Fences Make Good Neighbors? The Cross Border Impact of Casino Entrance," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 5-20, March.
- Walker, Douglas M. & Jackson, John D., 1998. "New Goods and Economic Growth: Evidence from Legalized Gambling," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 28(2), pages 47-70, Fall.
- Guido W. Imbens & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2009.
"Recent Developments in the Econometrics of Program Evaluation,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 47(1), pages 5-86, March.
- Guido Imbens & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2008. "Recent developments in the econometrics of program evaluation," CeMMAP working papers CWP24/08, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M. & Imbens, Guido, 2009. "Recent Developments in the Econometrics of Program Evaluation," Scholarly Articles 3043416, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Guido M. Imbens & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2008. "Recent Developments in the Econometrics of Program Evaluation," NBER Working Papers 14251, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Imbens, Guido W. & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 2008. "Recent Developments in the Econometrics of Program Evaluation," IZA Discussion Papers 3640, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Austin Nichols, 2007. "Causal inference with observational data," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 7(4), pages 507-541, December.
- Peter Calcagno & Douglas Walker & John Jackson, 2010. "Determinants of the probability and timing of commercial casino legalization in the United States," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 142(1), pages 69-90, January.
- Douglas M. Walker & John D. Jackson, 2007. "Casinos and Economic Growth," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(3), pages 593-607, July.
- Earl L. Grinols & David B. Mustard, 2006. "Casinos, Crime, and Community Costs," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 88(1), pages 28-45, February.
- Douglas M. Walker & Todd M. Nesbit, 2014. "Casino Revenue Sensitivity to Competing Casinos: A Spatial Analysis of Missouri," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 21-40, March.
- Douglas M Walker, 2013. "Casinos And Economic Growth: An Update," Journal of Gambling Business and Economics, University of Buckingham Press, vol. 7(2), pages 80-87.
- Chad Cotti, 2008. "The Effect of Casinos on Local Labor Markets: A County Level Analysis," Journal of Gambling Business and Economics, University of Buckingham Press, vol. 2(2), pages 17-41, September.
- J. Elhorst, 2010. "Applied Spatial Econometrics: Raising the Bar," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 9-28.
- Cotti, Chad D. & Walker, Douglas M., 2010. "The impact of casinos on fatal alcohol-related traffic accidents in the United States," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 788-796, December.
- Garrett, Thomas A. & Nichols, Mark W., 2008.
"Do casinos export bankruptcy?,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 1481-1494, August.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Mark W. Nichols, 2005. "Do casinos export bankruptcy?," Working Papers 2005-019, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Mark W. Nichols, 2006. "Do Casinos Export Bankruptcy?," Working Papers 06-003, University of Nevada, Reno, Department of Economics;University of Nevada, Reno , Department of Resource Economics.
- Michael Wenz, 2008. "Matching estimation, casino gambling and the quality of life," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 42(1), pages 235-249, March.
- J. Elhorst, 2012. "Dynamic spatial panels: models, methods, and inferences," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 5-28, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:growch:v:48:y:2017:i:3:p:409-434 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsD4 Market Structure; Pricing; and Design: General; L1 Market Structure; Firm Strategy; and Market Performance: General ; R11 Regional Economic Activity: Growth; Development; Environmental Issues; and Changes ; R12 Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity;
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:anresc:v:56:y:2016:i:1:p:101-123. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.