Casino Revenues and Retail Property Values: The Detroit Case
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Wenz, 2007. "The Impact of Casino Gambling on Housing Markets: A Hedonic Approach," Journal of Gambling Business and Economics, University of Buckingham Press, vol. 1(2), pages 101-120, June.
- Colwell, Peter F & Ramsland, Maxwell O, Jr, 2003. "Coping with Technological Change: The Case of Retail," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 47-63, January.
- Phillip Arestis & Michelle Baddeley & John S.L. McCombie (ed.), 2007. "Economic Growth," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3958.
- Douglas M. Walker, 2007. "Quantifying the Social Costs and Benefits of Gambling," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(3), pages 609-645, July.
- Mejia, Luis C & Eppli, Mark J, 2003. "Inter-center Retail Externalities," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 321-333, November.
- Mark J. Eppli & John D. Benjamin, 1994. "The Evolution of Shopping Center Research: A Review and Analysis," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 9(1), pages 5-32.
- Walker, Douglas M. & Jackson, John D., 1998. "New Goods and Economic Growth: Evidence from Legalized Gambling," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 28(2), pages 47-70, Fall.
- Douglas M. Walker & John D. Jackson, 2007. "Casinos and Economic Growth," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(3), pages 593-607, July.
- Mark J. Eppli & James D. Shilling, 1995. "Large-Scale Shopping Center Development Opportunities," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 71(1), pages 35-41.
- Dean H. Gatzlaff & G. Stacy Sirmans & Barry A. Diskin, 1994. "The Effect of Anchor Tenant Loss on Shopping Center Rents," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 9(1), pages 99-110.
- Eppli, Mark J & Shilling, James D & Vandell, Kerry D, 1998. "What Moves Retail Property Returns at the Metropolitan Level?," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 317-342, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Haifang Huang & Brad R. Humphreys & Li Zhou, 2018.
"Do urban casinos affect nearby neighbourhoods? Evidence from Canada,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 97(3), pages 757-784, August.
- Huang, Haifang & Humphreys, Brad & Zhou, Li, 2014. "Do Urban Casinos Affect Nearby Neighborhoods? Evidence from Canada," Working Papers 2014-2, University of Alberta, Department of Economics, revised 01 Mar 2014.
- Amir Borges Ferreira Neto & Collin D. Hodges & Hyunwoong Pyun, 2016. "Voting Dynamics and the Birth of State-owned Casinos in Kansas," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 36(1), pages 329-336.
- repec:eee:touman:v:62:y:2017:i:c:p:253-263 is not listed on IDEAS
- Huang, Haifang & Humphreys, Brad & Zhou, Li, 2014. "Urban Casinos and Local Housing Markets: Evidence from the US," Working Papers 2014-4, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsRetail; Drawing power; Cumulative attraction; Casino;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jrefec:v:42:y:2011:i:1:p:99-114. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Andrew Huffard) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Andrew Huffard to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.