What do international tourists seek for when playing in the casinos? A Bucharest gambling market study
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gu, Xinhua & Li, Guoqiang & Chang, Xiao & Guo, Haizhen, 2017. "Casino tourism, economic inequality, and housing bubbles," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 253-263.
- Prentice, Catherine & Zeng, Zhonglu, 2018. "From gambling exposure to adaptation: Implications for casino sustainability," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 31-36.
- Iva Bulatović & Ana Stranjančević & Darko Lacmanović & Andrej Raspor, 2017. "Casino Business in the Context of Tourism Development (Case: Montenegro)," Social Sciences, MDPI, vol. 6(4), pages 1-16, November.
- Xinhua Gu & Pui Sun Tam & Chun Kwok Lei & Xiao Chang, 2016. "The Economics of Taxation in Casino Tourism with Cross-border Market Power," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 113-125, February.
- A. Bussu & C. Detotto, 2013. "The effect of socio-economic and emotional factors on gambling behaviour," Working Paper CRENoS 201305, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Andrei Nestian, 2007. "Knowledge Management Concepts and Models Applicable in Regional Development," Management & Marketing, Economic Publishing House, vol. 2(1), Spring.
- Peter Calcagno & Douglas Walker & John Jackson, 2010. "Determinants of the probability and timing of commercial casino legalization in the United States," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 142(1), pages 69-90, January.
- Woo‐Hyuk Kim, 2018. "Performance drivers in the casino industry of South Korea," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 32(2), pages 126-134, November.
- Wu, Shou-Tsung & Chen, Yeong-Shyang, 2015. "The social, economic, and environmental impacts of casino gambling on the residents of Macau and Singapore," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 285-298.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Fei Choi & Chi Tin Hon & Yan Hua Mao & Ivan Ka Wai Lai, 2019. "Sustainable Development for Small Economy and Diversification from a Dominant Industry: Evidence from Macao," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(6), pages 1-17, March.
- Karl Geisler & Mark Nichols, 2016.
"Riverboat casino gambling impacts on employment and income in host and surrounding counties,"
The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 56(1), pages 101-123, January.
- Karl R. Geisler & Mark W. Nichols, 2016. "Riverboat casino gambling impacts on employment and income in host and surrounding counties," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 56(1), pages 101-123, January.
- Zhao, Qingbin & Li, Guoqiang & Gu, Xinhua & Lei, Chun Kwok, 2021. "Inequality hikes, saving surges, and housing bubbles," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 349-363.
- Douglas M. Walker & Todd M. Nesbit, 2014. "Casino Revenue Sensitivity to Competing Casinos: A Spatial Analysis of Missouri," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 21-40, March.
- Gu, Xinhua & Wu, Jie & Guo, Haizhen & Li, Guoqiang, 2018. "Local tourism cycle and external business cycle," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 159-170.
- Francis Markham & Bruce Doran & Martin Young, 2014. "The Spatial Extents of Casino Catchments in Australia," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 60-78, March.
- Antonio Ariza-Montes & Antonio Sianes & Vicente FernÃ¡ndez-RodrÃguez & Carmen LÃ³pez-MartÃn & Mercedes RuÃz-Lozano & Pilar Tirado-Valencia, 2021. "Social Return on Investment (SROI) to Assess the Impacts of Tourism: A Case Study," SAGE Open, , vol. 11(1), pages 21582440209, February.
- Hyunduk Suh & Sung-Bum Kim, 2018. "The Macroeconomic Determinants of International Casino Travel: Evidence from South Korea’s Top Four Inbound Markets," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(2), pages 1-18, February.
- Mark W. Nichols & Mehmet Serkan Tosun & Jingjing Yang, 2015. "The Fiscal Impact of Legalized Casino Gambling," Public Finance Review, , vol. 43(6), pages 739-761, November.
- Will E. Cummings & Douglas M. Walker & Chad D. Cotti, 2017. "The Effect Of Casino Proximity On Lottery Sales: Evidence From Maryland," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 35(4), pages 684-699, October.
- Douglas M. Walker & Peter T. Calcagno, 2013. "Casinos and political corruption in the United States: a Granger causality analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(34), pages 4781-4795, December.
- María Teresa Álvarez-Martínez & Michael L. Lahr, 2016. "Gaming, States, and Tax Revenues—the Tortoise or the Hare: A CGE Comparative Assessment of Casino Resorts and Games-Only Casinos," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(2), pages 236-258, June.
- A. Bussu & C. Detotto, 2014. "Understanding the relationship between gambling and other addictive behaviors," Working Paper CRENoS 201403, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Philander, Kahlil S. & Bernhard, Bo J. & Wimmer, Bradley S. & Singh, Ashok K. & Eadington, William R., 2015. "U.S. casino revenue taxes and short-run labor outcomes," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 35-46.
- Mombeuil, Claudel, 2018. "Interaction from tourism development in Port-au-Prince, Haiti," MPRA Paper 88204, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Day-Yang Liu & Chia-Lee Fan, 2020. "Key Factors of Investment Decision on Integrated Resort Attractions," Journal of Applied Finance & Banking, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 10(1), pages 1-10.
- Mikulić, Josip & Vizek, Maruška & Stojčić, Nebojša & Payne, James E. & Čeh Časni, Anita & Barbić, Tajana, 2021.
"The effect of tourism activity on housing affordability,"
Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 90(C).
- Mikulić, Josip & Vizek, Maruska & Stojcic, Nebojsa & Payne, James E. & Čeh Časni, Anita & Barbić, Tajana, 2021. "The Effect of Tourism Activity on Housing Affordability," MPRA Paper 108688, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Siew Hoon Lim & Lei Zhang, 2017. "Does Casino Development Have a Positive Effect on Economic Growth?," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(3), pages 409-434, September.
- Časni Anita Čeh & Filić Josipa, 2022. "Tourism housing price nexus," Croatian Review of Economic, Business and Social Statistics, Sciendo, vol. 8(2), pages 53-65, December.
- Anna Bussu & Claudio Detotto, 2015. "The bidirectional relationship between gambling and addictive substances," International Gambling Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 285-308, August.
More about this item
Keywordsgambling; casinos; hospitality;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jes:wpaper:y:2021:v:13:i:3:p:291-305. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/csjesro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Alupului Ciprian (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/csjesro.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.