The effect of socio-economic and emotional factors on gambling behaviour
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Scott, Frank & Garen, John, 1994. "Probability of purchase, amount of purchase, and the demographic incidence of the lottery tax," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 121-143, May.
- Stranahan, Harriet & Borg, Mary O., 1998. "Horizontal Equity Implications of the Lottery Tax," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 51(n. 1), pages 71-82, March.
- Warneryd, Karl-Erik, 1996. "Risk attitudes and risky behavior," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 749-770, December.
- Sridhar Narayanan & Puneet Manchanda, 2012. "An empirical analysis of individual level casino gambling behavior," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 27-62, March.
- Stranahan, Harriet & Borg, Mary O., 1998. "Horizontal Equity Implications of the Lottery Tax," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 51(1), pages 71-82, March.
- Conlisk, John, 1993. "The Utility of Gambling," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 255-275, June.
- John Sawkins & Valerie Dickie, 2002. "National Lottery participation and expenditure: preliminary results using a two stage modelling approach," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(12), pages 769-773.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- A. Bussu & C. Detotto, 2014. "Understanding the relationship between gambling and other addictive behaviors," Working Paper CRENoS 201403, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Anna Bussu & Claudio Detotto, 2015. "The bidirectional relationship between gambling and addictive substances," International Gambling Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 285-308, August.
More about this item
Keywordsproblem gambling; risk factors; emotional factors; gambling behaviour;
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- C35 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
- D01 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Behavior: Underlying Principles
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2013-03-30 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-DEM-2013-03-30 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2013-03-30 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cns:cnscwp:201305. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Antonello Pau). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/crenoit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.