Risk attitudes and risky behavior
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark McCord & Richard de Neufville, 1986. ""Lottery Equivalents": Reduction of the Certainty Effect Problem in Utility Assessment," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(1), pages 56-60, January.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1992. "Advances in Prospect Theory: Cumulative Representation of Uncertainty," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 297-323, October.
- Binswanger, Hans P, 1981.
"Attitudes toward Risk: Theoretical Implications of an Experiment in Rural India,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(364), pages 867-890, December.
- Hans Binswanger, 1981. "Attitudes toward risk: Theoretical implications of an experiment in rural india," Artefactual Field Experiments 00010, The Field Experiments Website.
- Tversky, Amos & Slovic, Paul & Kahneman, Daniel, 1990. "The Causes of Preference Reversal," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(1), pages 204-217, March.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Peter H. Farquhar, 1984. "State of the Art---Utility Assessment Methods," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(11), pages 1283-1300, November.
- Kachelmeier, Steven J & Shehata, Mohamed, 1992. "Examining Risk Preferences under High Monetary Incentives: Experimental Evidence from the People's Republic of China," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1120-1141, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gil-Lacruz, Ana I. & Gil-Lacruz, Marta, 2011. "Internal Inconsistency and Risk Aversion: Implications on Smoking Decisions/Consistencia interna y aversión al riesgo: implicaciones en la decisión de fumar," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 29, pages 387(18á.)-3, Abril.
- Pennings, Joost M. E., 2002. "Pulling the trigger or not: Factors affecting behavior of initiating a position in derivatives markets," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 263-278, April.
- Coppola, Michela, 2014. "Eliciting risk-preferences in socio-economic surveys: How do different measures perform?," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 1-10.
- Fellner, Gerlinde & Maciejovsky, Boris, 2007.
"Risk attitude and market behavior: Evidence from experimental asset markets,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 338-350, June.
- Gerlinde Fellner & Boris Maciejovsky, "undated". "Risk Attitude and Market Behavior: Evidence from Experimental Asset Markets," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2002-34, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Alex Krumer & Tal Shavit & Mosi Rosenboim, 2011. "Why do professional athletes have different time preferences than non-athletes?," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 6(6), pages 542-551, August.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2003:i:38:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lauriola, Marco & Levin, Irwin P. & Hart, Stephanie S., 2007. "Common and distinct factors in decision making under ambiguity and risk: A psychometric study of individual differences," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 130-149, November.
- Salamanca Acosta, N. & de Grip, A. & Fouarge, D. & Montizaan, R.M., 2013.
"Locus of control and investment in risky assets,"
ROA Research Memorandum
016, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Salamanca, Nicolas & de Grip, Andries & Fouarge, Didier & Montizaan, Raymond, 2016. "Locus of Control and Investment in Risky Assets," IZA Discussion Papers 10407, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Salamanca, N. & de Grip, A. & Fouarge, D. & Montizaan, R.M., 2013. "Locus of control and investment in risky assets," Research Memorandum 052, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
- Oleg Badunenko & Nataliya Barasinska & Dorothea Schäfer, 2009.
"Risk Attitudes and Investment Decisions across European Countries: Are Women More Conservative Investors than Men?,"
SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research
224, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Oleg Badunenko & Nataliya Barasinska & Dorothea Schäfer, 2009. "Risk Attitudes and Investment Decisions across European Countries: Are Women More Conservative Investors than Men?," Working Paper / FINESS 6.1, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Oleg Badunenko & Nataliya Barasinska & Dorothea Schäfer, 2009. "Risk Attitudes and Investment Decisions across European Countries: Are Women More Conservative Investors than Men?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 928, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Shaun Hargreaves Heap & Daniel John Zizzo, 2011.
"Emotions and chat in a financial markets experiment,"
Working Paper series, University of East Anglia, Centre for Behavioural and Experimental Social Science (CBESS)
11-11, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Shaun P. Hargreaves Heap & Daniel John Zizzo, 2011. "Emotions and Chat in a Financial Markets Experiment," Working Paper Series 10, The Paul Woolley Centre for Capital Market Dysfunctionality, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Katerina Straznicka, 2012. "Temporal stability of risk preference measures," Working Papers halshs-00768437, HAL.
- Katerina Straznicka, 2012. "Temporal stability of risk preference measures," Working Papers 1236, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Keller, Carmen & Siegrist, Michael, 2006. "Investing in stocks: The influence of financial risk attitude and values-related money and stock market attitudes," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 285-303, April.
- Lampi, Elina & Nordblom, Katarina, 2010. "Risk-taking middle-borns: A study on birth-order and risk preferences," Working Papers in Economics 438, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Booij, Adam S. & van Praag, Bernard M.S., 2009. "A simultaneous approach to the estimation of risk aversion and the subjective time discount rate," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 70(1-2), pages 374-388, May.
- A. Bussu & C. Detotto, 2013. "The effect of socio-economic and emotional factors on gambling behaviour," Working Paper CRENoS 201305, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Suetens, Sigrid & Tyran, Jean-Robert, 2012. "The gambler's fallacy and gender," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 118-124.
- Santi Budria & Luis Diaz-Serrano & Ada Ferrer-i-Carbonell & Joop Hartog, 2013. "Risk attitude and wage growth: replicating Shaw (1996)," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 981-1004, April.
- Joseph G. Eisenhauer, 2003. "Approximation bias in estimating risk aversion," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 4(38), pages 1-10.
- Douglas Miller & Anna Paulson, 2000. "Informal Insurance and Moral Hazard: Gambling and Remittances in Thailand," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1463, Econometric Society.
- Tomasz Potocki, 2012. "Cumulative Prospect Theory as a model of economic rationality," Ekonomia journal, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, vol. 31.
- Dummann, Kathrin, 2008. "Retirement saving and attitude towards financial intermediaries: Evidence for Germany," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 99, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joepsy:v:17:y:1996:i:6:p:749-770. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joep .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.