Participation and Expenditure of Rural-Urban Migrants in the Illegal Lottery in China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ingrid Nielsen & Russell Smyth & Qingguo Zhai, 2010.
"Subjective Well-Being of China’s Off-Farm Migrants,"
Journal of Happiness Studies,
Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 315-333, June.
- Russell Smyth & Ingrid Nielsen & Qingguo Zhai, 2009. "Subjective Well-Being Of China'S Off-Farm Migrants," Development Research Unit Working Paper Series 02-09, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Schneider, Friedrich, 2005.
"Shadow economies around the world: what do we really know?,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, pages 598-642.
- Friedrich Schneider, 2004. "Shadow Economies around the World: What do we really know?," IAW Discussion Papers 16, Institut für Angewandte Wirtschaftsforschung (IAW).
- Cheng, Zhiming & Smyth, Russell, 2015. "Sex and happiness," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, pages 26-32.
- Friedrich Schneider & Dominik Enste, 1999.
"Shadow Economies Around the World - Size, Causes, and Consequences,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
196, CESifo Group Munich.
- Friedrich Schneider & Dominik Enste, 2000. "Shadow Economies Around the World; Size, Causes, and Consequences," IMF Working Papers 00/26, International Monetary Fund.
- Axel Dreher & Friedrich Schneider, 2010.
"Corruption and the shadow economy: an empirical analysis,"
Springer, vol. 144(1), pages 215-238, July.
- Axel Dreher & Friedrich Schneider, 2005. "Corruption and the Shadow Economy: An Empirical Analysis," CESifo Working Paper Series 1653, CESifo Group Munich.
- Axel Dreher & Friedrich Schneider, 2006. "Corruption and the Shadow Economy: An Empirical Analysis," KOF Working papers 06-123, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Axel Dreher & Friedrich G. Schneider, 2006. "Corruption and the shadow economy: An empirical analysis," Economics working papers 2006-03, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Dreher, Axel & Schneider, Friedrich, 2006. "Corruption and the Shadow Economy: An Empirical Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 1936, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Axel Dreher & Friedrich Schneider, 2006. "Corruption and the Shadow Economy: An Empirical Analysis," CREMA Working Paper Series 2006-01, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Kam Wing Chan, 2010. "The Global Financial Crisis and Migrant Workers in China: 'There is No Future as a Labourer; Returning to the Village has No Meaning'," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(3), pages 659-677, September.
- Borg, Mary O. & Stranahan, Harriet A., 2005. "Does Lottery Advertising Exploit Disadvantaged and Vulnerable Markets?," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(01), pages 23-35, January.
- Harriet A. Stranahan & Mary O. Borg, 1998. "Separating the Decisions of Lottery Expenditures and Participation: a Truncated Tobit Approach," Public Finance Review, , vol. 26(2), pages 99-117, March.
- Stranahan, Harriet & Borg, Mary O., 1998. "Horizontal Equity Implications of the Lottery Tax," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 51(1), pages 71-82, March.
- Nielsen, Ingrid & Smyth, Russell, 2008. "Who wants safer cities? Perceptions of public safety and attitudes to migrants among China's urban population," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 46-55, March.
- Scott, Frank & Garen, John, 1994. "Probability of purchase, amount of purchase, and the demographic incidence of the lottery tax," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 121-143, May.
- Clotfelter, Charles T & Cook, Philip J, 1990. "On the Economics of State Lotteries," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 4(4), pages 105-119, Fall.
- Yaohui Zhao, 1999. "Leaving the Countryside: Rural-to-Urban Migration Decisions in China," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 281-286, May.
- Stranahan, Harriet & Borg, Mary O., 1998. "Horizontal Equity Implications of the Lottery Tax," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 51(n. 1), pages 71-82, March.
- Dominik H. Enste & Friedrich Schneider, 2000. "Shadow Economies: Size, Causes, and Consequences," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 38(1), pages 77-114, March.
- Charles T. Clotfelter & Philip J. Cook, 1987. "Implicit Taxation in Lottery Finance," NBER Working Papers 2246, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brad Humphreys & Yang Seung Lee & Brian P. Soebbing, 2011. "Modeling Consumers' Participation in Gambling Markets and Frequency of Gambling," Journal of Gambling Business and Economics, University of Buckingham Press, vol. 5(1), pages 1-22, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:132:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1387-1 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsChina; rural-urban migrant workers; illegal lottery;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-08-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-MIG-2013-08-05 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-TRA-2013-08-05 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mos:moswps:2013-24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Simon Angus). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dxmonau.html .